If your device dies or needs a 100% refresh, are you SOL with your game inventory??

OK, so my phone died while trying to get the new update last night. It won't even boot up. I connect to iTunes, and it stays connected for 2 minutes, then disconnects, then connects again, then disconnects. So backup fails, upgrade to iOS8 fails, trying to view loaded Apps fails.

I'm not (yet) blaming GREE for this but I want to know if I have to get a new phone/device, or totally refresh this phone from scratch, what happens with all the inventory I had? Can GREE give it all back?

I believe that's why this game is apart of Game Center now. You should be able to log into Game Center with your Apple ID and get your account back.

Is that something I needed to set up before this crash? I have never used nor logged into Game Center.

If you do lose everything, which you shouldn't, then you can submit a ticket to support. It may take some time, but they can get your account back. Be sure to include all the following in the ticket:

Old Account:
    Name
    Level
    Code
    In-game Currency
    Purchase Receipts (Screenshots)
    Last Login

New Account:
    Name
    Level
    Code

Tadaaah - Well, my phone is/was wasted and it had to be completely restored to brand-new. So everything is gone and LoW started from scratch. I sent you a private msg with all the info and I hope my account can be recovered! I don't want to lose 4-5 months of 'work!'

Thanks for your help.

CJCJ: I just had the exact same thing happen to me. It's the iOS update that crashed your phone. I also had to restore my phone and lost everything. Gree WILL get your account back for you. They got mine back for me. It took a little over a week. Unfortunately, I was deep into the last Boss event on the verge of winning those awesome tanks and they weren't able to get to my ticket in time for me to finish so I lost out on it (would have been nice if Gree would have given me the units as compensation for taking so long to reply to my ticket, but, alas, it's not a perfect world. lol). I was just happy to have my account back. They restored everything…all my units, all of my gold bars, and morale and energy I had saved up. Just hang in there. I feel your pain, man. Oh, and send a ticket to support with the info Taadaah told you they need. You have to go through them to get it restored. A techie named Danny helped me. Good luck!
    Last edited by Ldomino; 11-16-2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Addition

Ldomino - hey thanks for the info. I'm glad you got recovered and I hope to get the same results. I wasnt updating iOS though, it was the GREE update that was running when my phone crashed. Luckily I was able to save all the pics of my kids, but everything else was lost. I guess a week would be OK - I dont care much for the PvP events so I won't mind missing it, but I would have liked the drone copter from this Boss... I did have a good energy/morale supply (and lots of 'useless' units in storage for training) so that would be great to get it all back.

Hey - were you able to keep your old account name? Or did they just transfer all your stuff to the new LoW account on your phone? My 'new name' sucks.

CJCJ: that stinks that the Gree update crashed your phone. Yes, I did get to keep my old name--it came back with the account it was attached to. When they restored my account I got everything back as it was the day i lost it. The only thing I had to re-do was my alliance membership. I had to rejoin my alliance because I wasn't in an alliance when I got the account back. Don't feel too bad about missing out on the drone helo. If we would have been able to get 4 of them to fully promote it, then it would have been a decent unit, but it's pretty weak at level 30. The attack values aren't even close to my level 20 UR Sylph aerial drone. Yeah, you're not missing much with this current event. The rewards are very disappointing. Still, I hope they get you restored soon. If you're feeling like I did, I was a little anxious about it until I knew for sure it was restored.

Got your PM and responded. Hoping we can get your account back sooner than later!

Thanks, I got a ticket opened. I'm not blaming GREE for my phone crash, but the update was the last thing running that night and it ws dead the next morning. Who knows...

Yeah, the drone would have been nice, but if its stuck at L 30, it isnt that great. I really hope they go back to 4X unit rewards in the boss events. To finish it DOES take a lot of time so I would think we should be rewarded for that. A 2x SR isnt that great anymore. Now a 4X SR or a 2X UR is good, but of course getting both like we used to is better. Even if (when) the reward units arent that great ( like the Patriots Song/Caudex event ) at least they can serve some purpose because they were decently topped off.

It took a week but I got my account back - everything in tact, so I'm happy... I guess GREE does read their support emails.