Android 5.0 Lollipop

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android 5.0 Lollipop

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Android 5.0 Lollipop

Some of the newer android devices will be getting the latest version of android - Lollipop (android 5.0) over the next few weeks. The question is whether the game will be compatible with this latest upgrade. If not will probably delay the upgrade until the game code is changed to make it compatible and stable.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by interox View Post
    Some of the newer android devices will be getting the latest version of android - Lollipop (android 5.0) over the next few weeks. The question is whether the game will be compatible with this latest upgrade. If not will probably delay the upgrade until the game code is changed to make it compatible and stable.
    don't hold your breath.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    LOL, good answer. You must lack confidence that Gree is on top of the situation..

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by interox View Post
    Great and Gree will break all of the older versions while making a few early adopters 'happy'. Are you out of your mind???
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    got lollipop on my nexus 7 2012 and game does not load grey screen and thats it

correction deleted cache and now opens ok
    Last edited by alexmodernwar; 11-13-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I was asking before making decision to update...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Great and Gree will break all of the older versions while making a few early adopters 'happy'. Are you out of your mind???
    I was just asking before making decision as to whether to accept OTA update to the device.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmodernwar View Post
    got lollipop on my nexus 7 2012 and game does not load grey screen and thats it

correction deleted cache and now opens ok
    Does the game play OK?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Why can Android come up with better names than 'Ice cream sandwich" Or 'lollipop'. I will definately wait a few days before updating if I can, wait to see if the forum explodes first.
    Former Gree supporter and defender.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    Why can Android come up with better names than 'Ice cream sandwich" Or 'lollipop'. I will definately wait a few days before updating if I can, wait to see if the forum explodes first.
    Always a good idea to wait a while before updating the OS. Look what happen to the latest iOS update.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    They go alphabetical order through the alphabet and pick a dessert name that's not a branded or copyright name (like Jello). The next will be a dessert starting with m.

They also put a statue on their campus to commemorate the latest launch.

I guess it's as good as any way to pick a name... but I'm with you... some of the letters need better desserts! :-) I really am curious to see at what point do they have to give up and skip a letter.
    Last edited by Jannski; 11-14-2014 at 06:45 AM.

Consistent Contributor bergmystr's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannski View Post
    They go alphabetical order through the alphabet and pick a dessert name that's not a branded or copyright name (like Jello). The next will be a dessert starting with m.

They also put a statue on their campus to commemorate the latest launch.

I guess it's as good as any way to pick a name... but I'm with you... some of the letters need better desserts! :-) I really am curious to see at what point do they have to give up and skip a letter.
    I think they skipped 'A' and 'B' as far as deserts are concerned... Alpha, and Beta.. correct me if I'm wrong, but those were internal releases to the dev teams at Google

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    They actually started code names with cupcake, although it appears an afterthought.
    Some say android 1.1 was initially referred to as: petit four, eventually being known as "cupcake"!

http://www.android.com/history/

http://android.stackexchange.com/que...-how-are-these
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    The team is still testing this. So far, we're only seeing some funny text display, so we should be ready to go for this update.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    The team is still testing this. So far, we're only seeing some funny text display, so we should be ready to go for this update.
    They didn't see any issues with the last 3 iOS releases. Look how that turned out.