Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Armor spam

Quote Originally Posted by B Legit View Post
    Of course it was an exaggeration but that is beside the point. I think you misinterpreted my post, I'm not saying we NEED more, just that it'd be convenient. It takes 150-200 armors to level an epic if you are using anything other than fusion boosts. But there lies the problem. These "valuable" armors I talk about are Epics and FBAs. Yes, I could probably cut down on my fusion boosts, but they are limited and very valuable in the game, so I don't want to throw them away for nothing. No I don't need or even get EB's, so that is irrelevant. But with the new Heroic mode (You should try it out), you can craft EPICS, which yes, I do want to craft.

So if I have a hoarding issue you have a misinterpreting issue
    Minor verbage mistake. I can admit it.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    Minor verbage mistake. I can admit it.
    Just pokin fun! I take no offense to really anything lol
    Bulls on Parade
    IGN: BoP B Legit
    LINE ID: BLegit

*hand still stinging from high-five*

The love is mutual Busteroaf!

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

👏

I spent 5k gems before there was a reward for doing it. And I'm against unlimited storage.

I think Marco is possibly my fav person left on these forums. No lie.

Fossil, you're close to the top of my "this guy is smart, leave him alone" list, so I hope you don't see this as a personal attack. You make sense, but I disagree with unlimited storage, or more so do not see the issue with it, and here is why.

How many games do you play where you have unlimited inventory? Just off the top of my head, a few games I've played: Diablo, Fallout, WoW, most any RPG... they offer you storage options, with the ability to buy more in the form of a chest, or a storage bank, but at some point, you run out of space, and have to sell stuff. Do you complain to other game makers that you don't like having to port back to town to sell off junk, then go back to the dungeon? Guess what, its an extra time sink in the game, and the designers are clearly okay with that. It forces you to make a decision on what you're going to keep. Hell, go play old Warcraft/Starcraft/C&C or other RTS games. You have unit caps. And those games let you use all your units at once. This game, you use 3 at once max? Anything out of your main armors, a few glory "look at me" armors, are just extra crap. How many armors at this stage, are truly useful? Do you need 3 of every element combo? Even that that rate, you've got what, 30 armors, plus a few fancy ones? And yet the inventory cap is at 320? How many extra armors do you need to instantly level the next epic? Fuse that crap away, level another armor, or sell it. Its not Gree's fault you feel that you opened 200+ chests at once and it puts you over the cap. Its often an unnecessary evil, but, K&D isn't the first game to put it into practice.

Or think about it this way: Your castle has walls. You can't just keep building dragon nests and training fields to infinity. You are locked into a set space. You run out of building space right? Take that same space, and store sets of armor. You'd run out of space eventually, or you'd end up tossing them over the walls.

Hell, the game forces you to make decisions about what knights and armors to use ALL THE TIME, what is so wrong with making you make the decision on what to keep? Games force you to make decisions all the time.

TL : DR version... use them, fuse them, or junk them. Its the way the game is made.
    Very we'll put.
    At one point, I had 4000+ armors...So do you know what I did?...I got rid of my armorsmiths for more training fields. I still fought the EBs and when my armors finally dropped, (after months) I crafted again.
    Limited armor slots are part of the game, something else to have a strategy for...that's how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by B Legit View Post
    Like you said earlier Raid changed the game when it comes to this. Before I would keep my strongest of each element type/combo. Now it is about having 3 deep in every combo if possible. 180 armor slots seems like a lot, until you start leveling your epics and realize you need 500 armors to max it, but you have to stay under 180 if you want to craft. I get the fact they want you to choose, A.) Craft or B.) Hoard armor. But it creates a gap between a desirable solution. I say 250 armor slots would be ideal, you'd still have to strategize, but the majority of the games players now are vets who need the extra space.

and Rook - My inventory is full of valuable armor, not cheap useless stuff. So when my closet gets full of really nice things, I'll ask for a bigger closet, not sell them off
    I'm glad someone gets it....

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
    I'm glad someone gets it....
    Fossil, you probably want the ability to use 20 friends daily now too right? Or want the EB armors to craft in 2 hours instead of 3 days... It is just one of many built in strategically placed blocks so you can't do EVERYTHING you want in this game. You have to decide. But instead, you just decide to ask for more space.

Some people see it your way, others see it and accept it, knowing you can't always get what you want. Shame on us for not trying though, right?

Tranquilo wey, tranquilo!

Busteroaf
    Retired

Fossil, you probably want the ability to use 20 friends daily now too right? Or want the EB armors to craft in 2 hours instead of 3 days... It is just one of many built in strategically placed blocks so you can't do EVERYTHING you want in this game. You have to decide. But instead, you just decide to ask for more space.

Some people see it your way, others see it and accept it, knowing you can't always get what you want. Shame on us for not trying though, right?

Tranquilo wey, tranquilo!
    I don't care one way or the other about the issues you present, but if they would help novice players enjoy the game more and boost activity I would support it. It certainly beats sitting around feeling disenfranchised.

i would smelt all 1* armors. bronze silver and gold. but not the 2*. i'd use them to enhance any legendaries if you haven't already cleared enough space... but that's just me

Exactly my point, JohnnyBoy, but there are patronizing smart*sses (whom I've read even sugarcoating bugs in this forum) now telling us we should just enjoy this being part of the game - simply get rid of your fusion armor or melt your legendaries to create more space!

What they ignore is the fact that if there is a longer time when you don't get legendaries or especially epics (unless you buy them), valuable 2-stars, 3-stars and fusion boosts (remember these are rare rewards for advanced achievements in the game) may accumulate to the point when you can not even craft armor anymore without basically being forced to melt or 'fuse away' those valuable armors. And this is very, very annoying and frustrating. Now with the increased material we get from heroic mode, we would need more slots to be able to craft and THEN use the fusion fodder we saved (often over a long time until we get something nice).

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    What they ignore is the fact that if there is a longer time when you don't get legendaries or especially epics (unless you buy them), valuable 2-stars, 3-stars and fusion boosts (remember these are rare rewards for advanced achievements in the game) may accumulate to the point when you can not even craft armor anymore without basically being forced to melt or 'fuse away' those valuable armors. And this is very, very annoying and frustrating. Now with the increased material we get from heroic mode, we would need more slots to be able to craft and THEN use the fusion fodder we saved (often over a long time until we get something nice).
    To max an epic you need just over 50 matching fusion boosts. If we assume someone who absolutely has to insta-max his/her epics and ignore monos, that's 25 fusion boosts per element or 125 total. Wearable armors caps at at most 30, so 170 - 125 - 30 = at least 15 slots left for other stuff. If a person doesn't mind taking a few days to max a new epic they get, they could fill in any holes there might be in the fusion boost collection with 2/3/4-star fodder and farm some more from other sources in the days after getting the epic to max it.

In essence any game is mostly a set of hurdles to overcome/get around.
    Platform games have "not being able to fly" as a major one, RPGs and games like this have not being insta-max level, inventory restrictions etc.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    To max an epic you need just over 50 matching fusion boosts. If we assume someone who absolutely has to insta-max his/her epics and ignore monos, that's 25 fusion boosts per element or 125 total. Wearable armors caps at at most 30, so 170 - 125 - 30 = at least 15 slots left for other stuff. If a person doesn't mind taking a few days to max a new epic they get, they could fill in any holes there might be in the fusion boost collection with 2/3/4-star fodder and farm some more from other sources in the days after getting the epic to max it.

In essence any game is mostly a set of hurdles to overcome/get around.
    Platform games have "not being able to fly" as a major one, RPGs and games like this have not being insta-max level, inventory restrictions etc.
    High five Marco, high five!

And also, people act as though fusion boosts and armors to level with are hard to come by, if they were to magically one day, empty their inventories. I played for about 3 days, did maybe 5 or 6 or so raid bosses solo, played in arena maybe 10 times, and found the EB a few times. Granted, I can't level a new epic with just that, but please, stuff to level with is NOT hard to get, by any stretch. It just takes a little more gold. And if you've saved all this gold by not ever leveling stuff, boom. You've got enough gold. Oh wait... you donated it all? You spent it on ... WE NEED MORE GOLD! STOP PUTTING LIMITS ON HOW MUCH GOLD WE CAN EARN GREE! You *$%@#$%'s, GREE!

You guys act like it actually takes work to get FBAs and such. The game GIVES them away at every turn. The hardest part of the game is getting to the top and staying there. And doing it with as minimal real $ investment as possible.

Busteroaf
    Retired

I haven''t been very active lately, missed a lot of gold collects, missed a few blitzes and on my main account I now have
    59 mil gold, 24 spirit boosts, 21 air boosts, 26 fire boosts, 23 earth boosts, 13 water boosts, 509 fusion stones and a whole bunch of fodder armors I can apply without caring one bit about gold efficiency.
    Plus 4 smiths to make my armors go up in level and gold and fusion stones go down a bit from fusing commons if I feel in a tryhard mood.
    If not, then I just make sure I make a few EB/EB+ armors whenever I'm below the 170 cap, so when I let armors slack to 400 or something like that, I have something useful to dump them on. (usually use up all uncommon, 1*, 2* in such a leveling binge and 3*s/4*s usually get mass fused at the same time.)
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I now only spend free gems on chests, so this may not be of any use, but here is what I do:

Keep 3 of adjacent dual-element armors (air/water, air/earth, earth/spirit, spirit/fire, fire/water), keep any strong epics regardless of element (I have an Aquatic Battlegear+, which is water/earth, and some mono element epics). I fuse legendaries I don't use for chance at specific element epics, keep fusion boost armors until I get a new epic to use them on, and if I don't have room to craft new armors, before smelting came along, I would pick a legendary or ultra rare to dump armors onto until I had enough space to start crafting however many I wanted to craft (I have 4 armories). Now I just smelt armors, starting with the lowest rarity, and work my way up until I have space.

With so many super rare armors as rewards from arena/epic boss/raid boss, they are no longer hard to come by, so I don't mind getting rid of them if I have to, in order to get something I want. And now, with the addition of Heroic mode, it has become easier and cheaper to get element specific legendaries for fusing epics.

Epics I have fused: Maelstrom Irons, Sandstorm Platemail, Druidic Platemail, Dragonborn Aegis, Odin's Call, 2 Centurion's Aegis (back to back), 2 Arcane Mantle (bact to back), Arborsteel Vanguard, and Forgestone Aegis
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586