Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Armor spam

Armor spam

How are the active players among you dealing with 'armor spam'?

My armor spots are filled with about 320 armors by now, just about 40 of them are bronze or 1-star, the rest is all 2-stars, unfusable 3-stars (same elements), fusion boosts, my epics, ~20 EB/EB+ that can't be fused (same elements) and the few EB+ I keep.

So I am totally unable to craft any armor right now. And I am far away from shrinking my inventory, actuall I am already scared of the upcoming raid, as I am usually one of the most active players in our guild, the raid will increase my armor list by another 60-100 items. After deducting maybe 10 3-star rewards I could fuse, unsuccessfully trying for legendaries, I will still sit on 40-80 more items than I had.
    Getting new epics I could fuse all these armors into is extremely hard compared to how easy you can get new fusion armors. The last time I could fuse an epic was a long time ago - and as for chests, well I am currently trying to get away from them as the chances to get anything decent (= epics I don't already have and that aren't outdated) is extremely little but costs way too much. So pretty much the only sense fusion fodder has - to enhance the best armors you have - isn't an option. Also, as said, I can't craft anymore (legendaries being most important), so what to do?

Yeah sure, I could melt all my stuff to gold, but my guild is maxed out and we have enough gold to purchase strong guardians already. So why waste it. I could also fuse the 2-stars and hope to turn them into 3-stars to try for legendaries, but starting this process from 2-stars would cost me hundreds of fusion stones and only mean terrible waste. I feel stuck in this game, with no (smart) way of escaping this stalemate.

Any suggestions ?
    Last edited by roookey1; 11-12-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Yes, I think it stinks that there is an armor limit. If I buy chests for a gemnado I am forced to burn off the armor I bought in order to be able to craft again. Then if I burn it off to craft an EB, then I have no armor to level it with. A vicious circle indeed

Man I feel bad for gree some people can be so needy first every one complains that we have to waste gold to get rid of unwanted armor and finally gree decides to let us smelt unwanted armor for gold now you don't wanna sell for gold smh

Imo we can't expect the quality of a pc game to be given to us on a free to download android or Apple game but that's just the way I see it

Looks like to me you just needa waste off all your bronze stars for sure, i never hold onto bronze they are worthless, thats my opinion, also lvling up will eventually increase your inventory space. If thats not enough help maybe you should waste off some lower gear sets into your existing legends. Lvl them up a bit just to create room. What exactly do you hold onto so much gear for? Honestly im never near max space cuz i constantly lvling stuff to create eb+ and lvling my char which expands my inventory. And then i fuse away regular eb sets soon as i get 2 ebs that can go together.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    How are the active players among you dealing with 'armor spam'?

Yeah sure, I could melt all my stuff to gold, but my guild is maxed out and we have enough gold to purchase strong guardians already. So why waste it. I could also fuse the 2-stars and hope to turn them into 3-stars to try for legendaries, but starting this process from 2-stars would cost me hundreds of fusion stones and only mean terrible waste. I feel stuck in this game, with no (smart) way of escaping this stalemate.
    You have 2 conflicting trains of thought there:
    • the old "fusion stones are valuable and I need to hoard them and gold to make enhancement fodder"
    • "I have too much enhancement fodder"

You should drop the first and replace it by "I only need a few dozen fusion stones to try for epics and can use the rest and surplus gold to turn basics I can craft in 2x 4 1/2 minutes into enhancement fodder quickly".
    That makes it much easier to smelt/enhance onto 2* away the clutter in your armory instead of hoarding it, since mountains of enhancement fodder are just hours away if you really need them.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I will get 5 fusion boosts today as reward for the war, just got 6 2-stars and 3 1-stars in the arena as milestone reward, and tonight 3 3-stars and 4 2-stars as arena reward. Together with the regular arena gimmicks, just 12 hours after sending the initial post I am now at 360 armors, and the raid is just around the corner!! I am not at I don't mind the 1-stars, but you're seriously recommending me to waste the 2-stars and fusion boosts?

This is really a vicious circle .... I engage myself playing for rewards, but am forced to throw them to garbage right afterwards.

Epics, 4* and fusion boosts (180/150 enhancement points) is what you want to keep. (and maybe 3* that you can't fuse).
    Everything else is 50 enhancement points or less and 50 enhancement points is something you can make in 4 1/2 minutes in 2 smiths by using 1 spare fusion stone and some of that excess gold. If you need the room and have nothing to use it on, smelt it or thow it onto another 50 enhancement point armor; it's 1 extra enhancement point added per level.
    Last edited by Marco_; 11-13-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

First of all, let's forget the "free" argument. I have way too much invested in this game as do many others for that nomenclature to carry any weight with me. As for the needy tag, the topic of armor slots has long been discussed and just because the limit was raised still does not resolve the problem for some. Maybe you never spend the money to participate in a Gemnado and spend 5k gems on armors, opening 200 chests or thereabouts in one fell swoop. Or maybe you didn't participate in a holiday sale and end up with 200 Flowstone Battlegears to go along with your gems. Either way, why should I have to burn off the armors that I PAID (not free) for just to be able to participate in the game? Maybe you are satisfied with status quo, that is yours.

Fully agreed, @Fossil!!!! That's exactly the point.

Smelt 1 and 2 stars, craft 3 stars and fuse those 3 stars

Do you still get fusion boost armors when donating to a maxed guild? If so, you could smelt armors and donate the gold to get fusion boosts. Yes, you would be getting more armors, but you would be getting rid of several more in the process.

How many Legendaries do you have? I know you said they are unfusible (same element), but you really only need to keep 3 of any given dual-element armor, since each one can only be worn by 3 of your knights. On a side note, I only keep adjacent element duals when it comes to EB armors.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding

IMO - Anything 3 stars, and less, is fodder.

Yes, fodder for leveling the armor that I cannot craft because my slots are full. Something that never ceases to amaze me are people that object to making a change to the game that is beneficial to players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
    Maybe you never spend the money to participate in a Gemnado and spend 5k gems on armors, opening 200 chests or thereabouts in one fell swoop. Or maybe you didn't participate in a holiday sale and end up with 200 Flowstone Battlegears to go along with your gems. Either way, why should I have to burn off the armors that I PAID (not free) for just to be able to participate in the game?
    Nah, it's more like a game at a fair with an "everybody wins" slogan, giving out useless/worthless trinkets to those who didn't win a real prize. At home, you throw the trinkets in the trash or give them away. You seem to say "these trinkets are prescious! I won them!" instead... If the trinkets were health pots, crafting mats etc. instead of 2* fodder, would you feel differently?
    2* from chest == the roulette wheel didn't hit your number/color: loss.
    Maybe they should have made them smeltable to something less worthless than gold though. Crafting mats for 4* maybe, so you could turn them into fusion fodder?

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
    Yes, fodder for leveling the armor that I cannot craft because my slots are full. Something that never ceases to amaze me are people that object to making a change to the game that is beneficial to players.
    auto-play would also be beneficial to players, yet bots/macro programs will get you banned.
    How much of the decissions do you take away before it turns from a "game" into a daemon process that you feed money, runs in the background and just spews out rewards at (ir)regular times?..

I fail to understand how you relate auto play to an increase in armor slots, there is no correlation whatsoever. Your example has no bearing on the issue at hand which is my request to be able to utilize the armors that I paid for in a manner that benefits me.

The two star armors are not worthless trinkets and are very useful for leveling armor, but if you can't craft armor due to no slots available then you are at a stalemate. There is no reason why I should have to fuse/smelt away armor that in many circumstances I have paid for just to be able to craft the EB. If I were to do that, then I am back to fusing armors again just to level the EB armor that I craft and back to having to spend hours playing the adventure just to get fusion stones. Sorry, but I have a job and there is a balance between working to get the money that pays my bills and spending hours playing the adventure portion of the game to get fusion stones.