Why bother with the current temp bonuses?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why bother with the current temp bonuses?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Why bother with the current temp bonuses?

While I, like most was pretty skeptical about the temporary bonuses at first, I resigned myself that if done correctly they might have a place in this game. For example, it would provide a tactical advantage to participating in every event and provide you and your faction with bonuses for being active. What I assumed would be the progression was something along the lines where you could compete in an ILTQ to get a temp energy bonus which would help you during the upcoming FLTQ, then during FLTQ your team could compete and earn a temp health bonus that would help out the team in the upcoming war/raid boss etc. I hoped maybe gree would get creative and throw some new event-helping boosts in there, something like a deploy regen for FA, maybe a wd point boost, or a energy regen time boost. Maybe they could throw in differing levels of boost.. eg you complete normal and get 5% health regen, prestige 10%, master 15%.

Instead they just seem to have mailed it in and reverted back to their old boring ways and provided no strategy or motiviation to compete in all of the events. Who cares about a temporary 10% sea attack, especially due to the fact that everyone's attack is 3x higher than def anyways. Even if its a def bonus what does it actually get you? You cant perform better in any events, because stats don't mean anything now. A number just goes up now only to go back down in 3 weeks. These stupid stat boosts do nothing. There is no point. But hey, at least when they break now... no one will care.

Banned
    Post Count
    I hate the attack boosts. Now I don't know how much my stats have risen after a WD

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    I hate the attack boosts. Now I don't know how much my stats have risen after a WD
    It's a conspiracy so that people don't realize how bad the WD prizes have gotten in relation to other events.
    SKILLZONE TOP 100
    773-520-110
    Always Recruiting

ALL FACTION BONUSES MAXED

GROUPME required

PM for more info or see our link on the Faction Recruiting Page

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    While I, like most was pretty skeptical about the temporary bonuses at first, I resigned myself that if done correctly they might have a place in this game. For example, it would provide a tactical advantage to participating in every event and provide you and your faction with bonuses for being active. What I assumed would be the progression was something along the lines where you could compete in an ILTQ to get a temp energy bonus which would help you during the upcoming FLTQ, then during FLTQ your team could compete and earn a temp health bonus that would help out the team in the upcoming war/raid boss etc. I hoped maybe gree would get creative and throw some new event-helping boosts in there, something like a deploy regen for FA, maybe a wd point boost, or a energy regen time boost. Maybe they could throw in differing levels of boost.. eg you complete normal and get 5% health regen, prestige 10%, master 15%.

Instead they just seem to have mailed it in and reverted back to their old boring ways and provided no strategy or motiviation to compete in all of the events. Who cares about a temporary 10% sea attack, especially due to the fact that everyone's attack is 3x higher than def anyways. Even if its a def bonus what does it actually get you? You cant perform better in any events, because stats don't mean anything now. A number just goes up now only to go back down in 3 weeks. These stupid stat boosts do nothing. There is no point. But hey, at least when they break now... no one will care.
    I agree. They did that the first time these temp bonuses came out and (after the initial "These are only temporary?!?" realization) it was fun to chase them. I really liked getting a ridiculous +8 energy (or whatever it was) and then busting through the final, very high energy FLTQ at the end of the cycle.

I wish they would go back to that.
    SKILLZONE TOP 100
    773-520-110
    Always Recruiting

ALL FACTION BONUSES MAXED

GROUPME required

PM for more info or see our link on the Faction Recruiting Page

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    It's a conspiracy so that people don't realize how bad the WD prizes have gotten in relation to other events.
    That's actually the best explanation for temp boosts that I've heard yet. Of course at this particular time, I'm moving beyond tipsy rather quickly.

Post Count
    I agree. They did that the first time these temp bonuses came out and (after the initial "These are only temporary?!?" realization) it was fun to chase them. I really liked getting a ridiculous +8 energy (or whatever it was) and then busting through the final, very high energy FLTQ at the end of the cycle.

They quickly realized that +8 energy wasn't lining their pockets and Gree ended that right quick. Now we get the +30% raid payout BS. Lmfao.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    They quickly realized that +8 energy wasn't lining their pockets and Gree ended that right quick. Now we get the +30% raid payout BS. Lmfao.
    I think you are off by only a little.

Gree baited us with +8 energy, energy coupons and + health regen, in order to encourage factions to go further during that event, and every event that follows.

I know a few people that have left because their teams demanded the same level of achievement with or without temp bonuses.

A lot of people have paid, and are paying to keep up.

Gree found a way to get low gold spenders to open up their pocket books.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Arc9761 View Post
    I think you are off by only a little.

Gree baited us with +8 energy, energy coupons and + health regen, in order to encourage factions to go further during that event, and every event that follows.

I know a few people that have left because their teams demanded the same level of achievement with or without temp bonuses.

A lot of people have paid, and are paying to keep up.

Gree found a way to get low gold spenders to open up their pocket books.
    I could be convinced that at least part of this is true. Make events easier for a cycle or two so that minimums have to be raised, then make them harder again hoping that minimums aren't correspondingly reduced. This would fit with the seeming mentality of Gree to squeeze every penny from its existing player base instead of building a lasting and growing community. By doing so already, they have me doing far fewer events than I would have if the rewards are better. Cough 2% health regen is a joke cough. Temporary boosts are only one example of the prizes not worth bothering with the effort or $ for now.

Banned
    Post Count
    If a faction can't or won't be fluid in its requirements, then all they are doing is helping feed the Gree pig. Certainly not a faction that gives two turds about its members.

Consistent Contributor WinkadInk's Avatar
    Post Count

I wish they would go back to permanent boost
    Wink (Crime city)
    lvl 184
    225/180 mil
    MILLIONAIRES CLUB!!
    Indian member since 5/2012
    Gangstars

Dr Glickenstein (modern war)
    Lvl 193
    274/240 bil
    BILLIONAIRES CLUB!!
    Skynetcommand (SNC)
    Max bonuses purchased, contact for joining)

Kingdom Age (retired)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The only thing that would be interesting is if the max building upgrade bonus would last longer.
    I went for it the last couple times but all said and done, it's not worth it to spend 2 and a half weeks upgrading a building with a lousy IPH just so I can have the ability to upgrade 2 good buildings at the same time for about 3-4 days.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

just stop temp nonuses

Temp bonuses are simply grees way of making us pay to get nothing!
    Where else would you work for / pay for some thing that just disappears after a few days.
    For Gree it is literally MONEY FOR NOTHING

Do not spend gold to get temp items!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    They are pretty pointless. Particularly increased raid or valor payouts. I didn't even bother to go for those last time. Not sure it's worth it for the attack/defense boosts either, since as the OP pointed out, the current mismatch between A/D means that boosts don't really matter.
    Col
    Faction ID: 975-498-211
    Health Regen Time -22%
    Bldg Def: + 15%
    Inf Def: + 20%
    Grd Def: + 15%
    Air Def: + 20%
    Bldg Output: + 10%

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I think this is part of it. Screenshot your stats just after WD ends. The temp boosts are gone and stats drop to normal until prizes are awarded. Gives you better idea of actual gains.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Another shining example of something good, that was changed to bad, and is now irrelevant.

....oh yeah, and accompanying these changes, is the new ability that doesn't allow us to open the game.