Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Boss event - Steel Wendigo

apologies if I'm going to sound like a stuck record, but here we go again. Last Boss event the normal play prizes included 4 SR units and two UR units. Now the top two points levels are two SR units and no UR.

There's more gold keys available but as we know chances of getting a SR/UR unit are incredibly low,so once again the incentive to do events is lower than last time. I've never played a game where the developers seem so actively engaged in trying to make it less worthwhile playing as game evolves.

I completely agree, and I'm not trying to sound jaded...but unless I have the opportunity to collect 4 SRs, these events aren't worth my time.

I don't care about gold keys, and at the rate they are distributed...it would literally take years to get a level 50 UR I actually want from chests.

Yeah, this doesn't make much sense. Given the extra LOW chance of getting URs (or even SRs) from chests, the boss event was the only place to get them - and it was nice to finish off an SR unit and not have it stuck at 20 or 30.

Especially now a 30 SR can't compete with ANY UR, whats the point of getting one to L30? It'll never make it into a useful squad and the chance of ever getting TWO more (let alone ONE more) from chests to max it is SO minute.

GREE - if you wanted to do away with giving URs out, at LEAST let us win 4 SRs so that the unit could be useful. If you have a good enough squad to win all those points, then you won't need a L30 SR unit!

Wow, I just looked at the Rank Rewards. In order to finish off the SR unit (and give it a chance to be useful) you have to be in GOLD place 2-5. And to get even 2 of the UR unit, you have to be top 10. Regular folks know they aren't going to place THAT high - its usually the same group of ppl that get those places. So the incentive to play (and pay) was to get decent units through points. In previous Boss events, it certainly makes sense for someone on Sunday to say "I really want this SR to 50 or the UR to 30 so let me spend a bit of cash to beat more bosses and get it."

With this event, who now is going to pay real cash to get that SR to L30?? Not many I'd guess. I think GREE has 'disincentived' players from spending money this week.

I totally agree with everything you guys have said. We play this game in the hope of getting stronger so that we can win more prizes. That sense of progress is of the utmost importance. But this game has gone into reverse! Even though my squad is more powerful, there are far fewer prizes within my reach than there were just a few weeks back. If this carries on we shall get to the point where it won't be worth the time and effort to bother playing these Events.

Agree with all of the aboce comments. The boss event keeps going from bad to worse. Just when you think they can't make it worse they find a way to do so...

No point in this game anymore

Glad I am not the only one. Boss events started good. I was so determined to get the 4th Eurodyce I spent cash.
    Now its just pointless. The prizes along the route last time were bad enough, but this time. A Toxatai... really.... and then nothing (i consider gold keys nothing, as you will only get rare rubbish in the gold chest) until only 2 SR units. And still the boss scoring is useless. Got to level 75 last time, playing constantly. Back to Clash of Clans for a few weeks. At least I know if I buy Gems I am going to get the right things for them

They are turning people away from this game pretty quickly and am amazed they arent dangling cherries to entice you to spend.

With all this feedback we have all given, it would be helpful for Tadaaah or one of the forum administrators to respond to some of the concerns that have been raised. We realize you cannot please them all, but some feedback would be nice. Btw, no insult intended Tadaaah, but looking for something more than the usual, "thanks for your feedback, the developers are considering your comments"

I will add one positive note, I opened 6 gold chests today and got 2 SR units. Not sure if just lucky or percent chance of winning has improved.

Thanks for the feedback! We'll send this over!

Quote Originally Posted by User271320 View Post
    With all this feedback we have all given, it would be helpful for Tadaaah or one of the forum administrators to respond to some of the concerns that have been raised. We realize you cannot please them all, but some feedback would be nice. Btw, no insult intended Tadaaah, but looking for something more than the usual, "thanks for your feedback, the developers are considering your comments"
    lol to the response we were given!

Lol indeed - I wonder if Tadaah is really just a bot that posts pre-canned responses at random.

It's ok - the sooner everyone realizes that Gree doesn't care what we think or care if we even play the sooner thier actions won't be unexpected or disappoint

Apologies, I can't give more information if I don't have more information. The team is aware that there are a number of concerns dealing with how many keys are given and what is received when you use the keys.

Of course, we all know everyone wants more SR units, but these should be a challenge to receive.

Other than that, we don't have any extra tidbits of information right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Of course, we all know everyone wants more SR units, but these should be a challenge to receive.
    That's the key. SR and UR units should be a challenge to receive. Right now, the Boss event is not a challenge to finish and the meager rewards reflect it. My suggestion, which would benefit both Gree and the enjoyment of the players, is to make the Boss event a real challenge so that not all players are able to finish (not b/c they run out of time but b/c they can't get past the Boss) and then place 4 worthwhile SR units followed by 2 UR units at the end of the rewards. More challenge, better rewards for those who meet the challenge. Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleProphet View Post
    That's the key. SR and UR units should be a challenge to receive. Right now, the Boss event is not a challenge to finish and the meager rewards reflect it. My suggestion, which would benefit both Gree and the enjoyment of the players, is to make the Boss event a real challenge so that not all players are able to finish (not b/c they run out of time but b/c they can't get past the Boss) and then place 4 worthwhile SR units followed by 2 UR units at the end of the rewards.
    I don't agree that the Boss wasn't a challenge last time. As we all know the points awarded were severely reduced, so it took almost 100 bosses to finish. That takes a lot of time and those that do it should be rewarded. When I got the last UR unit (on the Sat before it finished) I was at rank 99. So by late on day 6 of a 7 day event only 99 people (in the world) had gotten the top rewards. To me that doesn't seem too easy.