[New Feature] Hero Equipment

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [New Feature] Hero Equipment

Social Media Manager
    Post Count

[New Feature] Hero Equipment

Hang on to your helmets people - a new feature is coming! Coming up in version 3.0 is Hero Equipment. Hero Equipment will enable you to equip your hero for a full range of armor. Currently, you are only capable of equipping two hero items. Under this new system, you will have 6 separate equipment slots to fill with your best items. Instead of your units having gear, each of your army units will be equipped with 5 equipment pieces from your inventory. Unit stats and army equipment stats are added to your own equipment stats to form your overall strength.

What is the difference between equipment and army units?

Equipment are items that you equip to your character and your army units to boost your personal stats. Ally units are what you bring with you to a fight. Unit stats and army equipment stats are added to your own equipment stats to form your overall strength.

What are the different pieces of equipment?

There are 5 equipment items in Kingdom Age: head pieces, foot pieces, armor, weapons, and artifacts. Your character can equip 1 head piece, 1 foot piece, 1 armor, 1 weapon, and 2 artifacts.

How do I equip or change my equipment items?

Go to the Hero tab of your Profile and tap on the slot for the item type you wish to equip. This will take you to the selection screen, which will show you all available equipment that fits that type. Select the item of your choice and select “Equip”. If you already have an item equipped for that slot, a comparison screen will show you the currently equipped item and its stats vs. your selection.

How do I add equipment to my army units?

The game will automatically equip each army unit brought to battle with the 5 equipment items: 1 head piece, 1 foot piece, 1 armor, 1 weapon, and 1 artifact. Equipment is selected based on its stats.

Do I have to equip all my items manually?

You can choose for the game to equip your best items automatically. Your “best items” are the ones with the highest combined attack/defense stats.

Some of my items have bonuses. How does that work?

Bonuses will only be available when the associated item is equipped on your hero.

Post Count
    Some of my items have bonuses. How does that work?

Bonuses will only be available when the associated item is equipped on either your hero or one of your allies.
    That section makes no sense at the moment. Are you saying that equipment which has bonuses on it must be equipped by your army/allies in order for you to receives those bonuses? If so, if you auto sort your stuff, will the game prioritize bonuses over raw stats?

Too vague at the moment.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    That section makes no sense at the moment. Are you saying that equipment which has bonuses on it must be equipped by your army/allies in order for you to receives those bonuses? If so, if you auto sort your stuff, will the game prioritize bonuses over raw stats?

Too vague at the moment.
    It's referring to the equipment, not army/allies. Example: If you have a Crown with 3% regen bonus, you only receive that bonus when the Crown is equipped.

To the second question: It would probably much more difficult to add in bonus as one player may find a bonus more important then a different players. My guess is the raw stats, but I'll double check.

UPDATE: Double check confirmed: It will take the highest attack + defense.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Presumably we'll have to win, make or buy brand new head & foot pieces and artefacts. Will our current armour and weapons be usable, and will stats of new armour/weapons make these of low value?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Wheezer View Post
    Presumably we'll have to win, make or buy brand new head & foot pieces and artefacts. Will our current armour and weapons be usable, and will stats of new armour/weapons make these of low value?
    Current armor's value has not been lowered. The feature will be ramping up slowly, so these items will still hold a higher value for some time.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    If you have a Crown with 3% regen bonus, you only receive that bonus when the Crown is equipped.
    I can imagine a person having multiple helms with varying bonuses. One is best when defending against attacks, another best when raiding, and another best when trying to regenerate health. It would be a pain if the person had to manually change helms (and other equipment) every time they wanted to do a different type of action.

Maybe you could have equipment sets that are automatically used in different situations. An attack set, a defense set, a set for building or collecting, a health regen set, and ... well, I'm not sure exactly what sets would be needed. Choosing which items for which sets would be fun and it would eliminate the constant swapping of items that might otherwise be required to get the most out of your equipment.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
    I can imagine a person having multiple helms with varying bonuses. One is best when defending against attacks, another best when raiding, and another best when trying to regenerate health. It would be a pain if the person had to manually change helms (and other equipment) every time they wanted to do a different type of action.

Maybe you could have equipment sets that are automatically used in different situations. An attack set, a defense set, a set for building or collecting, a health regen set, and ... well, I'm not sure exactly what sets would be needed. Choosing which items for which sets would be fun and it would eliminate the constant swapping of items that might otherwise be required to get the most out of your equipment.
    Just making sure I'm understanding this suggestion (which I think would be cool): Have like 3 different custom sets. You, the player, picks what is in the set. For example, you make the first one out to be ideal for raiding, then the second for defending, and the third for something else. Is that what you're suggesting?

Post Count
    It's great that all this new stuff is announced, but when will it be available?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Just making sure I'm understanding this suggestion (which I think would be cool): Have like 3 different custom sets. You, the player, picks what is in the set. For example, you make the first one out to be ideal for raiding, then the second for defending, and the third for something else. Is that what you're suggesting?
    Yes, exactly. How many sets there might be depends on the types of bonuses the items might give.

Post Count
    So are we going to get an explanation of the info displayed on the Hero Equipment tab?

For instance, what are the "Damage bonuses"? Mine shows +80 Infantry defense. What does that mean exactly? Do I get an extra 80 defense to each Infantry unit? If so, that's garbage. Like spitting into the ocean. I will never notice a bonus so small.

Secondly, is hero defense still essentially useless? Or does it now have a purpose? What does it do?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

new stats page

please explain every item on the new stats page. For example, is "attack (equip)" just a count of how many weapons I have, or is it a sum of their strength? What is "total power" in the hero equipment tab? And why do I only have 30 units under the i (info) section when I have 500 allies? Etc. Thanks
    Last edited by Team Zuma; 11-13-2014 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Added to the question.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    We'll work on getting you a break down on that page.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Zuma View Post
    please explain every item on the new stats page. For example, is "attack (equip)" just a count of how many weapons I have, or is it a sum of their strength? What is "total power" in the hero equipment tab? And why do I only have 30 units under the i (info) section when I have 500 allies? Etc. Thanks
    Attack (Equip) and Defense (Equip) is the total attack and defense of all of your equipment combined. I keep meticulous spreadsheets, so I can confirm that my displayed (Equip) does indeed match my equipment numbers.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Since we already have bonuses attached to multiple items. since we can only equip one at a time will we roll backwards on some bonuses? Seems a bit unfair as many of us gemmed for item bonuses without the thought we culd only use one a ta time.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    So the vouchers are for only specific item right it's not mix with other items. I don't want to use it now and then somewhere down the road you can use it for better items.