Did the key rewards get worse?

Has anyone else noticed a change in the key rewards after last weeks 'boost'? It seems like chances for R or SR used to be much better - not that they were GOOD, but better than now. I've gone through probably 100 silver keys since the boost and no SR and barely 1 in 10 Rare (and usually a Janbaya or Psoilo). Even UC are harder to get from the Bronze chests.

There's also been a wording change on the Gold Chest screen - it doesnt mention URs at all. Is an event award the only way to get a UR now? I only have a few URs from chests and I'm pretty sure they might have even come from silver keys, since I've never had that many gold ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CJCJ View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a change in the key rewards after last weeks 'boost'? It seems like chances for R or SR used to be much better - not that they were GOOD, but better than now. I've gone through probably 100 silver keys since the boost and no SR and barely 1 in 10 Rare (and usually a Janbaya or Psoilo). Even UC are harder to get from the Bronze chests.

There's also been a wording change on the Gold Chest screen - it doesnt mention URs at all. Is an event award the only way to get a UR now? I only have a few URs from chests and I'm pretty sure they might have even come from silver keys, since I've never had that many gold ones.
    I noticed the change inthe langauge too, but someone else pointed out that the add still talks about the new UR and of course TADAAHH did not answer, so what is it?

Hey guys,

Thanks for pointing out the text is missing the URs from the Gold Chest. They are still available in that chest and we'll be updating to correct that. The odds should still be very similar to for the chest.

to the OP, doesn't really matter what the odds are anymore...if you don't have UR units...doesnt matter.

going far in pvp events is not possible.
    no ur units for invasion anymore..meh
    scoring is thrashed in boss event...so good luck there...

I have noticed the change. Bronze Keys giving far more Common units and Silver Keys giving far more Uncommon.

This is all part of the trend towards drastically reducing what we can achieve without spending vast amounts of money.

Room for legal action ?

The whole keys/random discussion is interesting. There is nothing random about the rewards on offer. Whilst not being a legal expert I did consult some of the legal guys whom I work with and they believe there is room here to actually challenge them in court, only if you have paid for gold bars and can prove you only bought the bars for the chests.
    It is, technically, misrepresentation if it is stated as random yet they cannot produce evidence of the random generator. This would force them to show you how units are selected at 'random' when opening chests. Pretty quickly we would all see, as we actually already know, it's a bit of a rip off and that the objective is to make you spend thinking you will get something good.
    Reality is you won't.
    This is where the business model and there developers are on different planets. Alienate your hard core players so they cannot progress with stupid tweaks.

Pretty soon no one is left and the reviews condemn the game to death.

All imho of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltum View Post
    The whole keys/random discussion is interesting. There is nothing random about the rewards on offer. Whilst not being a legal expert I did consult some of the legal guys whom I work with and they believe there is room here to actually challenge them in court, only if you have paid for gold bars and can prove you only bought the bars for the chests.
    It is, technically, misrepresentation if it is stated as random yet they cannot produce evidence of the random generator. This would force them to show you how units are selected at 'random' when opening chests. Pretty quickly we would all see, as we actually already know, it's a bit of a rip off and that the objective is to make you spend thinking you will get something good.
    Reality is you won't.
    This is where the business model and there developers are on different planets. Alienate your hard core players so they cannot progress with stupid tweaks.

Pretty soon no one is left and the reviews condemn the game to death.

All imho of course.
    In the UK we have The Trade Descriptions Act which bans misleading statements in the sale of goods. Every time they advertised a new unit in the Gold Chests it would say at the bottom of the screen - "Units are allocated at random", which we all know to be total nonsense. However, I do notice that they have recently stopped making that claim.