Health bonus question not about how it is calculated

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Health bonus question not about how it is calculated

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Health bonus question not about how it is calculated

First let me say that I know how the bonuses are calculated.

For health reductions I have 7 faction bonuses and a grim Aries. When I first got the unit my health regain went from -30% to -34%. Yesterday I noticed that it is now -33%. So I was wondering what changed in the calculation and has anyone else noticed this small change?

The 1% is not making or breaking me so I'm just looking for an explanation as to why this was lowered.

Banned
    Post Count
    Because everything is really screwed up after the last two updates.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    My guess is that they have done something stupid with the rounding. They used to round with normal rounding conventions (.1-.49 round down, .5 - .99 round up) but maybe not anymore. Your unrounded bonus should be ~-33.65% so it was rounded up to -34%. Now it appears to be going down to -33%. Maybe they are truncating the decimal now instead of rounding it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I was guessing they are no longer rounding up also. I am curious as to why this change was made. Again, not a huge deal at all I just am curious as to why all of a sudden this change.

Since it is looking like a change in numbers being rounded can anyone from Gree weigh in here? I could always send a support ticket but with other issues that actually effect game play I don't want to slow down the process. Also, I may change from curious to angry if I get a response of "calculations are made by 1-(nXnX.....).

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Enjoy it if your only seeing rounding errors. Just got the -10% faction LTQ bonus and it's not displaying at all. And I'm suspicious that the +3 overall health isn't working either. Fix ur **** Gree!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Don't ruin this thread with pointless bad mouthing. Start another if you need to vent. Hopefully having a thread with a legitimate question and no whining will get it answered at some point.

Anyone at Gree.........?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It is not a rounding error. Mine is off by a full 4%.

I do know how they are calculated, and I'm running Android, so it is not affected by the iOS update issues.

Consistent Contributor Reversal's Avatar
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    If there is a possible bug or error occurring in the game it would be best to file a Support Ticket so that way Support can look into the situation, if several people send tickets regarding the same issue that automatically serves as an alert that something is going wrong and should be looked at.

I understand your frustration but let's try to keep the forum clean and constructive.
    Thank you.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    My health regen looks fine and rounds up.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hi reversal. I say this with as much respect as possible, read my post and unlearn what the support team has taught you.

There is not a bug with the health calculations. Rounding has changed and I was just wanting an answer as to why a .66 is rounded down all of a sudden.
    Last edited by KCjamss; 11-07-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Why not.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    My permanent regen was -61% before the updates. And now with the temp bonuses and the new update, my health regen is -60%. WTF...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yes it is odd that a change was made. Still looking for some kind of explanation from Gree.