Thread: Current Modern War Crash Status Update

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    iPad 4 works , but screen lag for 2-4 sec now n then

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Priest View Post
    Time to move on?

Ive seen games blow up and fall apart but never like this is going. Gree fixes making it worse.

Oh new update? Cant get in at all now. Nice fix at least I could collect my buildings b4, not now
    It's really starting to look like the one programmer there that knew what he was doing left a little more than a month ago and nobody there now has any idea of what to do to fix it.

Post Count
    You might also want to track the available space on device experiencing problems. One partial fix for the previous version was to free up more memory.

However I just downloaded 4.5.2 on a 1st generation iPad running last available os 5.1.1 and now the game will not load at all. Crashes each time before you get to anything. Device has 2.9gb of free memory.

What devices are you guys testing with, if you are running dev tools on OSX you guys are never going to figure this out. Game is probably crashing because the graphics set is too bloated and os is blowing up before it can load. You have a similar issue on Android where devices with limited internal memory cannot load the server pushes and/or all the graphics used to display buildings and targets.

If you want to fix this you need to start reducing the amount of graphics overhead otherwise nobody is going to be able to play.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm still getting notifications that people are raiding my buildings. TOO BAD I CAN'T LOG IN AND COLLECT MY BUILDINGS!!!

Looks like those that were smart enough not to update their games are having a free-for-all right now.

Banned
    Post Count
    1 week, 3 updates, and 28 pages (before even including the closed threads). I think this sets some sort of record.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    You might also want to track the available space on device experiencing problems. One partial fix for the previous version was to free up more memory.

However I just downloaded 4.5.2 on a 1st generation iPad running last available os 5.1.1 and now the game will not load at all. Crashes each time before you get to anything. Device has 2.9gb of free memory.

What devices are you guys testing with, if you are running dev tools on OSX you guys are never going to figure this out. Game is probably crashing because the graphics set is too bloated and os is blowing up before it can load. You have a similar issue on Android where devices with limited internal memory cannot load the server pushes and/or all the graphics used to display buildings and targets.

If you want to fix this you need to start reducing the amount of graphics overhead otherwise nobody is going to be able to play.
    Good idea. I have over 21 GB of available space, and MW is the only app with issues on my device. As for Gree deleting some game content, I can think of at least 10 levels that hardly get used, along with what seems like hundreds of old NPCs that can be removed from the game as well. In fact, why not delete the entire portion of the game that was there when Funzio created it? Does anybody actually do any of those original goals anymore (i.e. upgrade a guard tower to level 10)??? If not, get rid of it and make the game less complicated from a data standpoint. Just a thought.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    We are looking into the possibility of this being linked to memory. No news yet.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Game is shot

I have an iPhone 5 couldnt get in game for 6 solid hrs of trying missed last 2 battles deleted and reinstalled the app many times 4.5.2 installed had problems since last Monday usually taking 15-20mins to get in when lucky I reported it. I couldnt help my faction , lost out on ltq and fltq time got raided the out of as well as being highly irritated

Post Count

Question Why doesn't GREE shut down MW and reboot from ground up?

Quote Originally Posted by kmg108 View Post
    I'm still getting notifications that people are raiding my buildings. TOO BAD I CAN'T LOG IN AND COLLECT MY BUILDINGS!!!

Looks like those that were smart enough not to update their games are having a free-for-all right now.
    That's the part that really stings...

Where's Frau Backstabbers pearls of wisdom now when we need them so?

UPDATE: NEW SERVER MESSAGE: "THERE WAS AN ERROR WITH THE SERVER. TRY AGAIN. PRESS OKAY"
    Repeat....

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolisher VFF Rebels View Post
    I have an iPhone 5 couldnt get in game for 6 solid hrs of trying missed last 2 battles deleted and reinstalled the app many times 4.5.2 installed had problems since last Monday usually taking 15-20mins to get in when lucky I reported it. I couldnt help my faction , lost out on ltq and fltq time got raided the out of as well as being highly irritated
    4.5.2 wasn't released until today. Have you updated to that version as well?

Banned
    Post Count
    After all this time and all this effort, I still can't believe they won't re-release 4.4 until they can figure this crap out. It's only been mentioned god knows how many times.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have over 4 free gigs space and unlimited internet so can't see it being a space issue for me . But look forward to it being solved thanks Taadgh

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yes I updated it a couple hours ago . It still can take 10mins to get in and constantly freezing on fltq when I get in

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    great now I can't even load the game. Good Job Gree Team. I really hate you right now.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Here is an idea. Roll us back to the last decent roll out and go from there. Your fixes are busted and you really need to rebuild anyway. Best thing ya can do now is try and save what you are losing as each day passes and that is your player base. This is costing you and to leave us hanging only to update and be worse,
    will cost more in the end