Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
From testing I can state that invisible targets and invisible buildings are a problem at the client (app) level of this game. This drawing issue has plagued low memory Android devices for almost a year. I documented it on this very forum.

The dataset of this game is huge, but that is supposed to prevent huge data transfers between the server and the client (app). Which is why up till now things were actually working fairly well on IOS. But it was mind boggling to check memory allocation and to discover that MW takes up 2GB of space for it's dataset! Yes the app is only 80k but it's that massive datafile that is causing the problems as devices cannot handle it properly. Mainly older slower devices with limited available memory.

I do also see the point about the Airplane issue being the cause of more problems, mainly that the client keeps wanting to sync with the server to prevent this type of fraudulent use. I get that, mainly because the original design was meant to be more autonomous but in doing so it opened the client up to hacking.

It does also seem as if Gree has downgraded their server(s) running this game. Likely because they want to put the better hardware on apps that are making the most profit. Also does not bode well for this app….

When IOS 8 came out and Gree updated the app to 4.5.x is when things went off the rails. Although I was seeing a lot of crashing on our 1st gen iPad before these changes. But with 4.5.x came the locking out of a lot more IOS devices. Basically it looks like any device not running IOS 8.1.x is either locked out completely or experiencing a high failure rate.

Why Gree has not rolled back the app is beyond me unless they successfully also crapped the server side as well when they started to make these changes, in other words what is on the server may have changed in format and therefore might not be able to be rolled back. In which case that could account for such a slow painful process. Or as others have speculated the programmer doing the work on this game is incompetent, granted my money is on upper and middle management.
I will say bogus on the belief of server cost as GREE use Amazon EC2 to run their games. So they are not saving money from that, now GREE
may be using their owe servers to do MW data set deploys as Amazon charges a fee for the amount of data sent from an EC2 server instance to
any connected device outside of the Amazon EC2 clusters. Apply to be a GREE third party developer the informatinformation they provide about
how to interact with the GREE platform is enlightenin.