GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1295

Thread: Current Modern War Crash Status Update

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Yes, we're still in business. Yes, I'm am still, currently, a mod. Yes, there is an effort being made on the fix. As stated last week, it will be in the next client/major update. No, we don't have a date for you yet. Apologies.
    Thank you for the update Tadaaah

P.S.....it may not seem like much, but every update you give helps (even if the update is simply, "there is no update, still hammering away at it"). I promise it does.

Thank you again!

Post Count
    Like a lot of folks still having problems getting game to open. When I can get in, get either 1- the screen to select flag again, although there is no close button so I have to close the game, or 2- a level up notice even though I'm not close to leveling and it's for several levels above where I would level. Ex: Currently @ 183, last notice was congrats on getting level 216. Closing that screen crashes the game about 50% of the time. Trying to participate in other events is good for 5-10 minutes before crash. Can only see and access nrg or health paks if I use gold first. And the buttons in menu screen are giant. Lacking a Gree solution, the cure for the frustration is to quit. My small gold purchases won't be missed in Gree's bottom line, but observing the volume of pages in this and related threads, some of the bean counters best flex some influence on the programmers or the cumulative effect will be noticed in the financials.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Taking the time to get things fixed properly and tested is the right approach instead of putting out rush fixes due to pressure from customers and managers.

Rushing often leads to misunderstanding of the real underlying issues and results in only partial fixing.

Take the time to truly evaluate the problems, fix them, and fully test.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    wonder how come I´ve still receiving notifications about my base is totally getting looks like somehow game is Syncing with servers...every time I saw them I got hope but it just coming down to fulfill my entirely frustration about this stupid problem.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Done

Yes, we're still in business. Yes, I'm am still, currently, a mod. Yes, there is an effort being made on the fix. As stated last week, it will be in the next client/major update. No, we don't have a date for you yet. Apologies.
    Thx for the heads up. BUT. this is a joke and each event it gets worse. I get notices my base gets hit and I cant do crap about it. My faction suffers due to the lack of my participation. And that is 100% Gree screw up. you say they fixing it. The lame we are sorry rewards cant even get used. My crate event doesn't work. I waste time and $ playing. My fellow soldiers are growing and moving and I am just feeding their accounts. You suck at running a game and quite frankly passing info or modding for those of us out and watching the devastation occur. With so many of us out, all you do is pass on they are fixing it, but we don't know when it will happen. I for one am done giving my $ and my time to lame devs. Feeding your bank and watching our game time die is not happening any longer. Ill move on and bid you farewell.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Day 15 and the saga continues

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Not to downplay the situation for anyone still experiencing issuues, but mine has started working pretty good in the last day or so. Ever since the box event started, I have noticed better performance. I'm on iphone 4 w/ IOS 7 and the latest update to MW of 452.4.0

I'm not a smart person, according to my mother, but I wonder if part of the issue is because so many things have changed since the last time that some of you could log in? Depending how much has changed, is there a conflict with the servers trying to "mesh" the chaos within your accounts to the whatever the latest updates are? Ex: your faction earned tons of prizes while you were locked out. The system wants to give you the prizes but it cant figure out the chaos within your app that has been reloaded countless times?

That probably doesn't even make sense. I will now go back to staring at the wall. I sincerely feel for anyone still facing this issue. Best of luck.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kmg108 View Post
    Not to downplay the situation for anyone still experiencing issuues, but mine has started working pretty good in the last day or so. Ever since the box event started, I have noticed better performance. I'm on iphone 4 w/ IOS 7 and the latest update to MW of 452.4.0

I'm not a smart person, according to my mother, but I wonder if part of the issue is because so many things have changed since the last time that some of you could log in? Depending how much has changed, is there a conflict with the servers trying to "mesh" the chaos within your accounts to the whatever the latest updates are? Ex: your faction earned tons of prizes while you were locked out. The system wants to give you the prizes but it cant figure out the chaos within your app that has been reloaded countless times?

That probably doesn't even make sense. I will now go back to staring at the wall. I sincerely feel for anyone still facing this issue. Best of luck.
    Its not such a stupid idea. Even before this screw up i would get this type of crash, specially during RB on my iphone 4s. There were so many pending popups that as soon as the game opened, i am guessing there was a memory issue and game would crash immediately. However, i would simply need to login again and would be able to play since the server thinks i received all the popups and does not resubmit them to my device. All units are in inventory and progress would show properly.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Infierno View Post
    wonder how come I´ve still receiving notifications about my base is totally getting looks like somehow game is Syncing with servers...every time I saw them I got hope but it just coming down to fulfill my entirely frustration about this stupid problem.
    yes had the same problem and this problem was also a reason for itunes to give me a refund! am I happy? refund feels good

Post Count
    Wait, let me make sure I understand you correctly... we currently have 3 people in our faction who still cannot even open the game due to something broken in the most recent set up updates, and there is no plan to make any corrections until the next "major update"? Am I understanding this correctly, Tadaaah? Is the hope that 5.0 will hopefully undo whatever 4.4.1 broke and 4.4.2 and 4.5 failed to unbreak, rather than fixing what's broken before making more major changes?

Is there some valid logic to not simply going back and re-releasing the last known working build rather than hoping that something in the next major update will somehow fix it and appease everyone who already hasn't been able to play for weeks now?
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Well, it is Friday afternoon on the west coast of the US and Gree is out for the weekend.
    Check back on Monday to see if we are graced with an update.
    Nothing to see here for 72 hours.

Consistent Contributor Saint Anger's Avatar
    Post Count
    Game is now 100% unplayable. 5 straight hours of crashes, without a single successful login.

Good thing there isn't a faction event going on right now, making the impact not just on me, but the rest of my team.

Oh, wait.........

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Wait, let me make sure I understand you correctly... we currently have 3 people in our faction who still cannot even open the game due to something broken in the most recent set up updates, and there is no plan to make any corrections until the next "major update"? Am I understanding this correctly, Tadaaah? Is the hope that 5.0 will hopefully undo whatever 4.4.1 broke and 4.4.2 and 4.5 failed to unbreak, rather than fixing what's broken before making more major changes?

Is there some valid logic to not simply going back and re-releasing the last known working build rather than hoping that something in the next major update will somehow fix it and appease everyone who already hasn't been able to play for weeks now?
    1. Apple does not allow App Developers to re-release or rollback to an "older version" of the game on the App Store, so unfortunately we are unable to do this.
    2. This particular fix requires a client update to game (in which you have to download the update from the App Store), which requires a submission to and then approval by the Apple App Store. This means we are at the mercy of Apple's timeline and approval process.

We are aware of and deeply sorry for the number of issues that Modern War has experienced over the last few weeks. I know that the team is working hard on getting everything resolved as quickly as they can.

Post Count
    Hello Gree! People from my faction that were having small(?) problems like the game crashing now can't even log into the game after the latest data push. This is with the latest release!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    1. Apple does not allow App Developers to re-release or rollback to an "older version" of the game on the App Store, so unfortunately we are unable to do this.
    2. This particular fix requires a client update to game (in which you have to download the update from the App Store), which requires a submission to and then approval by the Apple App Store. This means we are at the mercy of Apple's timeline and approval process.

We are aware of and deeply sorry for the number of issues that Modern War has experienced over the last few weeks. I know that the team is working hard on getting everything resolved as quickly as they can.
    The last update was supposed to fix the first which was a fix to a fix of something, it was deployed in 24 hours. More people are loosing their games and rewards and what is gree doing about that? Have events stopped?