Player experience - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Is Gree providing you the "improved player experience" you were promised?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 10.75%
  • No

123 66.13%
  • Same as it ever was

43 23.12%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Player experience

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Please refrain from discussing bans on the forums.

Yes, this update has been one heck of ride. A ride they're still working on. Agreed, the experience often depends on working components. We hope to get those fixed along with events in the future and then start on expanding that experience. While we can understand some of the frustration, I can't allow you to come here and put down our employees with insults and foul language. Please start looking to the Announcement section for announcements as that is where that type of information belongs and becomes easiest to find as that is all that should be posted there. Thanks for posting your views on this thread. Please remember to keep it constructive.

Banned
    Post Count
    Just to be perfectly clear. Is the simple mention of a ban against forum rules?

As there was also mention somewhere along the way of another topic that is apparently now forbidden here, how is anybody to know what is and is not permitted? I spent all weekend looking but could find nothing anywhere on the site providing that information. Is it all just decided on a whim?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm. J(K96) View Post
    Just to be perfectly clear. Is the simple mention of a ban against forum rules?

As there was also mention somewhere along the way of another topic that is apparently now forbidden here, how is anybody to know what is and is not permitted? I spent all weekend looking but could find nothing anywhere on the site providing that information. Is it all just decided on a whim?
    You can find the Forum Code of Conduct under the "Annoucements" at the top of every single forum. Here's the link: http://forums.gree.net/announcement.php?f=29

Banned
    Post Count
    To comment further, all anybody has been asking for a long time now is to fix what's broken. Long before this past weeks disaster. And all we keep hearing is that everything is "in the future" or "coming soon". Yet nothing is ever fixed before more problems are rolled out. Time after time after time players have asked that you slow down and get it right. Stop with all the events at once. But all we do is get more and more events with more and more problems.

I can only assume the foul posts you are referring to were posted only in the last hour or so and since removed, as I can't recall any such things posted prior to that. Is that correct?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    You can find the Forum Code of Conduct under the "Annoucements" at the top of every single forum. Here's the link: http://forums.gree.net/announcement.php?f=29
    Do you think the title could be changed then? It's beyond misleading.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Do you think the title could be changed then? It's beyond misleading.
    There are two announcements there; one one on protecting against account sharing and the Forum Code of Conduct. Unfortunately, the Vbulletin software doesn't allow us to order or place them in any particular order. We would both love if that was added in the future.

Banned
    Post Count
    That is clear once you click the link. But if one is looking to locate the forum rules the last place one will click is a link titled "Account Sharing, Proxy Servers, and Account Security". Can that titled be modified in any way?

Also, as clarification, is the simple mention of a ban against forum rules?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    That is clear once you click the link. But if one is looking to locate the forum rules the last place one will click is a link titled "Account Sharing, Proxy Servers, and Account Security". Can that titled be modified in any way?

Also, as clarification, is the simple mention of a ban against forum rules?
    Found a way to reverse them. It's on top now.

Banned
    Post Count
    Thank you. Am I to assume I will not get an answer regarding the clarification on the rule I asked about?

Post Count
    "Our main goal is to extend the experience of any GREE game beyond the game itself. Our players are awesome - they are super invested in our games - so why should the fun stop once they turn off the game? We want players to think about the game even when they aren’t actively playing!"
    taken from http://product.gree.net/us/blog/442/...ommunity-team/

I come to the forum for info, not for contests, forum events, or jibber jabber. I will not check FB or Twitter for info that should be here.
    When I put the game down, I do not want to think about the game (that is why I put it down.) The contests are barely supported, fwiw, shown by the limited amount of entries.

Getting vague or incorrect info from forum mods adds to the frustration. For example, mods posting to use the forum search function which does not work, and GREE gives refunds for miss-taps. Or, the LTQ will begin 'later today,' instead of giving us an exact time for later. Being more transparent & less "mysterious" would be a huge improvement to the player experience if GREE really wants to expand it to the forum.

I want good, honest, timely info and the game to be playable, which it is for the most part.

...just my two cents *shrugs*
    Line ID: clementine88

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    "Our main goal is to extend the experience of any GREE game beyond the game itself. Our players are awesome - they are super invested in our games - so why should the fun stop once they turn off the game? We want players to think about the game even when they aren’t actively playing!"
    taken from http://product.gree.net/us/blog/442/...ommunity-team/

I come to the forum for info, not for contests, forum events, or jibber jabber. I will not check FB or Twitter for info that should be here.
    When I put the game down, I do not want to think about the game (that is why I put it down.) The contests are barely supported, fwiw, shown by the limited amount of entries.

Getting vague or incorrect info from forum mods adds to the frustration. For example, mods posting to use the forum search function which does not work, and GREE gives refunds for miss-taps. Or, the LTQ will begin 'later today,' instead of giving us an exact time for later. Being more transparent & less "mysterious" would be a huge improvement to the player experience if GREE really wants to expand it to the forum.

I want good, honest, timely info and the game to be playable, which it is for the most part.

...just my two cents *shrugs*
    Player forum moderators aren't provided any additional information. They have as much information as many of you. They are passionate about this community and want to help create a more constructive atmosphere.

While you may not want to enjoy aspects about the game outside of it, others do. They may not be on the forums; forums are often a very small percentage of extremely hardcore players.

As to posting items about exact times, sometimes there aren't exact times or those times are subject to change. We can't give information that is subject to change. We are working on transparency. It is earning trust internally and finding a good balance. We want to get you more information; it's just taking more time.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Well......I said i would be here to make sure that the lights were turned off and that the floors were given a good quick sweep. It is very close to calling it a wrap. I will make sure or "Shure" that everyone has left the building in a safe manner.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Player forum moderators aren't provided any additional information. They have as much information as many of you. They are passionate about this community and want to help create a more constructive atmosphere.

While you may not want to enjoy aspects about the game outside of it, others do. They may not be on the forums; forums are often a very small percentage of extremely hardcore players.

As to posting items about exact times, sometimes there aren't exact times or those times are subject to change. We can't give information that is subject to change. We are working on transparency. It is earning trust internally and finding a good balance. We want to get you more information; it's just taking more time.
    If times are so constantly subject to change that tells me one thing: events are pushed out to us at the last second, instead of only once they have been thoroughly tested. It shouldn't even be mentioned until then.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    If times are so constantly subject to change that tells me one thing: events are pushed out to us at the last second, instead of only once they have been thoroughly tested. It shouldn't even be mentioned until then.
    Not quite. It's more complicated than that. Pretty sure I can't really elaborate though.

Banned
    Post Count
    No need to. There is a lot of information out there on what goes on. No, it can't all be trusted, but there are enough pieces to start putting things together.