Wolftotem: The Rise and Fall of a Legacy

Wolftotem: The Rise and Fall of a Legacy

Hello all. First off I would like to thank you for reading my story.

I am Dreson (aka DRAGONxSIX, Dre, etc). I was fortunate to be a founding member of the Original #1 Ranked alliance in the game, Wolftotem, led by Wolf, himself The people I met here are ones that I'll never forget. We succeeded as a team through all the laughs, good times, and struggles.

It was around May of last year, Wolftotem held the #1 spot for months. Closely behind us were other Alliances like Destruction Inc, The Business, and Strontium Dogs. During this time many of our members were ranked in the top 50 or better including names such as : WOLF, our leader, who typically finished #1 rank in invasion, Wb, Justice, Wtcombat, xtmp, Octavius, and my self. We were a family, close and always there we when needed. However at that time, hacking and glitching became such a serious problem in the game that Gree/Munkyfun were forced to routinely investigate top alliances. While we did discover glitches and use them frequently, as did practically all other top alliances, we remained hack free. Soon, legitimate players who had spent hundreds were being banned for "cheating". This was the turning point in our alliance, causing widespread panic among us, members were being banned left and right. This caused our core and top players to go into hiding, they spent hundreds of dollars and would be furious if they were banned. Over the past 2-3 months we had plans of reuniting and rising again. However, sadly, that failed to happen. Now we have all been banned, quit the game, or moved to another alliance

We Are Wolftotem- We are Gods Among You
    We Are Wolftotem 2- We are Second to none

I just wanted to say thank you to all my former Wolftotem teammates, who inspired me to write our story. I'd also like to thank our allies at terminus and Rolling.Thunder, for everything they have done in helping us.
    Last edited by Dreson7; 11-04-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    How about we report GREE for the blatant double standards and hypocrisy that oozes from the pores of their skin?

Quite an intriguing story. I do remember WolfTotem hailed as one of the strongest alliances. My friend, are you looking for a new home??

AmadeusINC
    Commander

Hello, Amadeus.

Good seeing your name again. I believe some of my former teammates merged with y'all. I was banned about a month back, I assume it was due to excessively using the key glitches along time ago.

Happy Holidays,

Dre
    How about we report GREE for the blatant double standards and hypocrisy that oozes from the pores of their skin?

I'm a relative newbie, and this is fascinating to read about. I always suspected that players with multiple maxed out Orontes must have exploited some type of glitch in the game. Simply spending a lot of money for gold keys wouldn't explain it. It's like buying up 1000 lottery tickets; your astronomically low odds are the same for each ticket! That's why I don't spend money. I'd gladly shell out $1.99 for a 7th slot for my squad or $4.99 for a UR Officer, but I'm not going to pay money for yet another chance at the gold chest.

I'm intrigued about you and your teammates getting banned. Is it temporary or for life? Are you able to start from the beginning under a different name? Different device? Is there an appeal process with Gree? It seems to me that exploiting a programming error in the game is different from hacking the game, though both should be considered cheating.

And thank you to the anonymous individual who was kind enough to rate this thread one star.

Hey guys,

Discussing bans on the forums is not allowed. Additionally, abusing a glitch is still against the Terms of Service and is punishable by ban. If you happen to come across one of these, we urge to report it rather than use it. If you are found using a glitch, bug, hack or anything that would exploit the game, you will be banned. Thank you all for your cooperation and understanding.