GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World Domination Division Leaderboards are Here

Social Media Manager
    Post Count

World Domination Division Leaderboards are Here

Hello Commanders,

WD Division Leaderboards will be introduced later today for future World Domination events. We've prepared a short FAQ for your inquiring minds. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. Thanks.

What is the Division Leaderboard?

You will now see a third tab for leaderboards in World Domination events. This leaderboard will be comprised of a competitive mix of Factions based on past event performance.

Where can I find my Division Leaderboard?

You will notice a third tab available on the World Domination Leaders tab screen. This tab will contain your division. You will not be able to see the other division leaderboards.

Does this mean there are more prizes available?

Yes, with this introduction of a new leaderboard, we have added an additional set of prizing. All divisions will consist of an identical prize pool. You will see an additional “Divisions” tab on the Rewards screen.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    When you say "competitive mix of factions based on past event performance," and "3000 rankings per division," do you mean:

(1) The top 3000 teams will be in one division (based on past performance), top 3001 to 6000 in the next division.
    **or**
    (2) A random assortment in each division (for example, teams ranked #1, 5, 10, 15... 3655, 3660, 3665, etc in one team, and #2, 6, 11, 14... 3656, 3661, 3666, etc in another)

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikethegreat88 View Post
    When you say "competitive mix of factions based on past event performance," and "3000 rankings per division," do you mean:

(1) The top 3000 teams will be in one division (based on past performance), top 3001 to 6000 in the next division.
    **or**
    (2) A random assortment in each division (for example, teams ranked #1, 5, 10, 15... 3655, 3660, 3665, etc in one team, and #2, 6, 11, 14... 3656, 3661, 3666, etc in another)
    Apologies, the 3000 team may change during polishing before release. An assortment of teams will be chosen based on performance from previous events.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Apologies, the 3000 team may change during polishing before release. An assortment of teams will be chosen based on performance from previous events.
    Will the selection of these teams be done manually or based on a algorithm?
    There are two type of MW players... Those who complain about stat inflation and those that complain stats are too low

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by junkkicker View Post
    Will the selection of these teams be done manually or based on a algorithm?
    I would imagine they wrote it into the code. That would be some crazy amount of time to enter that for every event manually.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thanks for the response Tadaaah, but my question wasn't about the number to teams, but how teams are sorted. I'll rephrase the question:

Will it be:

(1) The top group of teams all in one division together.
    **or**
    (2) A random assortment in each division (so the faction currently ranked #1 may not end up in the same division as the faction ranked #2).

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    More of a random assortment.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    If divisions are based on prior event performance, whats to stop individuals from top performing factions leave there high ranked ones for newly created ones to get placed in an easier division bracket?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dbznumber1 View Post
    If divisions are based on prior event performance, whats to stop individuals from top performing factions leave there high ranked ones for newly created ones to get placed in an easier division bracket?
    People can change factions for whatever reason they may have. Keep in mind though, Tadaaah said each division is a random assortment of teams, so in theory each division should be equally difficult, with top, middle, and lower level teams. However, I wouldn't want to be in the same division as SUP. If the divisions get changed up every cycle, I don't think it would be worth moving factions all the time. But if they are permanent, I think whole factions would move.

Tadaaah, can you tell us if the divisions are permanent or get changed each cycle?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    They'll be changed according upon performance on the previous event, so yes there should be some change. The difficulty should also be pretty even across the board if I'm understanding the documents I've received correctly.

Post Count
    Maybe you guys could just focus on programming the game to fix the existing leader boards so they load and sort correctly and actually show your current position? FFS. How many WDs have you run now and the leader boards still don't display correctly.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    They'll be changed according upon performance on the previous event, so yes there should be some change. The difficulty should also be pretty even across the board if I'm understanding the documents I've received correctly.
    Any chance we could take a look at these documents?
    There are two type of MW players... Those who complain about stat inflation and those that complain stats are too low

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Talking

I'm imagining it'll be like this, because I'm such a Sci-Fi fan:
    • They created a parallel dimension, where 'Earth1', 'Earth2', and 'Earth3' exist.
    • Every month, each planet is re-populated by the Factions from a particular Division, and then the Factions fight for control of their world in their planet's WD events, contesting for planetary supremacy and member rewards.
    • Members also compete against each other for individual rankings and rewards, just as on EarthPrime.

I'm imagining it this way - it makes more sense to me than how it was described. LOL! :-D ;-)

------------------------------------------
    = 222315418 = 268855360 = 288358397 =

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GruntopianExile View Post
    I'm imagining it'll be like this, because I'm such a Sci-Fi fan:
    • They created a parallel dimension, where 'Earth1', 'Earth2', and 'Earth3' exist.
    • Every month, each planet is re-populated by the Factions from a particular Division, and then the Factions fight for control of their world in their planet's WD events, contesting for planetary supremacy and member rewards.
    • Members also compete against each other for individual rankings and rewards, just as on EarthPrime.

I'm imagining it this way - it makes more sense to me than how it was described. LOL! :-D ;-)

= 222315418 = 268855360 = 288358397 =
    I'm imagining it more like Premiership Football but whatever floats your boat! Lol

Regards,

Loki
    Join the BEST to be the BEST

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Would be nice if grew would just post an outline of how it will work, so it's not mass confusion and misunderstanding when it suddenly goes live. Also, any bets on what glitches we will see this event?lol. Someone start a thread now to be ready with the gree bashing.