Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New Style for Crime City

Hey All,

We're going to be switching the style of the Modern War & Crime City forums. We're hoping to make it cleaner and easier to read.

The other games will follow this same format, so we're hoping to get your feedback about what you like and don't like and we'll make adjustments as necessary.

Thanks!
    ~ToyMaker~

Forums look awesome like this, cleaner is a good word to describe it lol easier to read isn't, hurts my eyes.. maybe it's just my phone screen but the whole white background makes it too bright for the eyes
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Thanks for the feedback, replaced the white with a light gray

Quote Originally Posted by ToyMaker View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, replaced the white with a light gray
    Much better lol

Cool update! Overdue IMO..

thanks

I am neutral with regards to this most recent change to the style of the forum. The best style was between two and three years ago, when the forum background was black with all text in white. Easy to read, zero issues with brightness in low/no light settings, and in general more of a dark, badass, mafioso-esque mood. While the change to "puce" was sudden, unexpected, and at the time widely disliked, I suspect nobody who had experienced the forum in black ever liked the change to puce even though most simply accepted it.

Would it be fun to have a month-long forum "event"? Each week a mod/admin selects a new style for the forum and users (across all Gree games) get to vote at the end of the month? Would it be even more fun if we got to do that every quarter/3 months?

Hey Weasel,

Thats a great idea! I'll bring it up to Clementine (she'll probably catch this anyway). I have tried black background/white font before, however there were similar complaints about readability so I usually opt for white/black. I may create a dark theme/gray font alternative after I finish up the themes for the other games.

I'm also trying to find a theme to replace our mobile one as that seems to be unpopular.

Thanks again!
    ~ToyMaker~

I agree with Evan that this is a great improvement.

The feedback I would offer would be to undo whatever you change you made a month or two back that moved a ton of threads (even recent ones) to an archived forum. Especially in Announcements. I would frequently look there for past events results. I can still find them, but it's a bit more tricky now that you have to dive into an archived threads forum to find the older ones. Maybe keep like 3-6 months of thread in each forum before bumping them to archives?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgz View Post
    I agree with Evan that this is a great improvement.

The feedback I would offer would be to undo whatever you change you made a month or two back that moved a ton of threads (even recent ones) to an archived forum. Especially in Announcements. I would frequently look there for past events results. I can still find them, but it's a bit more tricky now that you have to dive into an archived threads forum to find the older ones. Maybe keep like 3-6 months of thread in each forum before bumping them to archives?
    We can definitely consider keeping them in the Announcements for a bit longer before archiving. Six months is likely too long, but perhaps we can leave them up for three months and then move into the archive? Once they are no longer relevant (after a week or two), we can unsticky them and leave them for the remaining time before they are moved. Thoughts?

The original black background w/ white font was waaaaaay better.

The forum is very jumpy when a page loads: page pops up and down a few times.

Icon Legend needs updating with the new thread icons.

Stop archiving pages less than a year old.

Thank you for finally cleaning up all of those super old & outdated stickys.

Hopefully, you'll find a forum style that works and stick to it.

Has anything been done to improve forum searches?

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Has anything been done to improve forum searches?
    We have not yet touched these. We can look into this.

lime green in a dark background

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.

looks good i like it. when i first logged in thought it was nice fresh nice change and the light grey background was good change

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    The forum is very jumpy when a page loads: page pops up and down a few times.
    YES that's beyond annoying for me, and when I log onto the forums on my laptop I can just be on for a few seconds and it will log me out, without even being idle. I'll be typing a comment and when I click submit it says I'm not logged in and I have to copy my response so I don't lose it and reload the page and log back in