Dear Mods and players: re evj and keapa...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dear Mods and players: re evj and keapa...

Post Count

Dear Mods and players: re evj and keapa...

Dear Mods and Players re: evj and keapa and other players.

TLDR: Trying to fix things about GREE: comment if constructive please, on problems with the game. Even better if you propose a solution. Yes, I am biased (I think I am pro-player)

Give evj and keapa, and anyone else in SAS and all players of the game you've recently haven't given out prizes to.

Although trolls may say that I'm in SAS, what's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong (I'm not talking legally).

enj and T*m bought something on what was thought to be advertised, and it wasn't what given advertised. Same with anyone who doesn't have what appeared to be advertised.

This goes beyond syndicates, it's about improving a company. T*m, evj, and many others aren't getting what is adverted.

Specific question to mods: How many months would it take (to put us into a holding cell where gold doesn't count but we can still play for free, call it beta or something) to produce a game where previous screw-ups are rectified? Wars would be interesting. Make sure to remove ip mods if you do this. Leaderboard would be interesting with no gold. ;D

Specific to users: How many are willing to have a free game for x number of months? Is my idea undoable?

GREE please listen to the ppl that play this game. Regardless how much gold is spent. Treat everyone fairly (or at very least, the same). GREEs treatment even goes beyond one platform, MW for example)

evj and keapa, please explain what exactly happened from your end (including dates and events), make sure to not mention ingame names, player IDs, or any communications with GREE employees.

*sigh I'm probably being optimistic.

Last edited by TMI; 11-02-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Hmmmmm. If Pizza Hut didnt give me the pizza i ordered, I know what id do. And if they did it a second time, I'd probably stop ordering from them.

Any mistakes on my order after that would be as much my fault as it is theirs.

Bottom line is, you cant keep eating pizza and expect your hands to stay clean.

Edit: Unless you use a fork. But thats just un-American.
    Pagoda no good.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy_P_Martini View Post
    Hmmmmm. If Pizza Hut didnt give me the pizza i ordered, I know what id do. And if they did it a second time, I'd probably stop ordering from them.

Ok. fair enough.
    However, I ask, not what GREE WILL do, but rather, what do you think they SHOULD do, for those players who love the game and want to continue spending gold, and for ALL players who love this game, whether they spend or not?
    Buy more gold

Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy_P_Martini View Post

best... argument... ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    It been said before, want something fixed don't keep spending like nothing is wrong look at the sa scores think gree sees any problems with all that money pouring in lmao some people never learn.

Post Count
    So the solution to this problem is for players to quit? or go gold free? or neither would resolve this problem?
    Buy more gold

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Going gold free would be the best option then again some people just can't just stop hitting the buy gold button

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    So the solution to this problem is for players to quit? or go gold free? or neither would resolve this problem?
    Well you hurt their pockets and they would fix the problems, it has been proven in many other games, but obviously there are many teams and people here that got to have their names high on the leader boards. Yet the get screwed and keep on playing the same so there is little sympathy for them I was in SAS until gree screwed me twice that was the last gold they saw about a year ago now it is nice easy no stress, don't worry about prizes or mods and still have the stats to hit rivals list blindly and only lose a few
    Last edited by t12pm; 11-02-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Ok. fair enough.
    However, I ask, not what GREE WILL do, but rather, what do you think they SHOULD do, for those players who love the game and want to continue spending gold, and for ALL players who love this game, whether they spend or not?
    you gave an extremely restrained answer to what appeared to be an inciteful post. for that i applaud you.

my honest take on this dilemma:

this isnt a problem that can be fixed. gree made it very clear from early on, that they were working with bad code. Short of coding everything from the gorund up (which wasnt practical) they decided to do what they could with what they had.

for all intents and purposes, this was a disclaimer, play at your own risk. and this disclaimer has been resounded at every turn of the game.

Look how long it took for them to figure out wars. Look how long it took to get riad boss events right. I dont know how bad the SA events are, but I'm sure they had/have their share.

i too had my heart broken by gree. I now play a different crime city from what i was playing.

it really is a tough nut to crack. you either gotta eat the wrong pizza, or start beating up the delivery guy.

edit: there is a third option. you could always join TAw and have no issues at all.
    Pagoda no good.

Post Count
    Dear Mods and Players re: evj and keapa and other players.

TLDR: Trying to fix things about GREE: comment if constructive please, on problems with the game. Even better if you propose a solution. Yes, I am biased (I think I am pro-player)

Give evj and keapa, and anyone else in SAS and all players of the game you've recently haven't given out prizes to.

Although trolls may say that I'm in SAS, what's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong (I'm not talking legally).

enj and T*m bought something on what was thought to be advertised, and it wasn't what given advertised. Same with anyone who doesn't have what appeared to be advertised.

This goes beyond syndicates, it's about improving a company. T*m, evj, and many others aren't getting what is adverted.

Specific question to mods: How many months would it take (to put us into a holding cell where gold doesn't count but we can still play for free, call it beta or something) to produce a game where previous screw-ups are rectified? Wars would be interesting. Make sure to remove ip mods if you do this. Leaderboard would be interesting with no gold. ;D

Specific to users: How many are willing to have a free game for x number of months? Is my idea undoable?

GREE please listen to the ppl that play this game. Regardless how much gold is spent. Treat everyone fairly (or at very least, the same). GREEs treatment even goes beyond one platform, MW for example)

evj and keapa, please explain what exactly happened from your end (including dates and events), make sure to not mention ingame names, player IDs, or any communications with GREE employees.

*sigh I'm probably being optimistic.

It's only just coming to light that this has been going on for many months - where an advertised prize was won, or bought, but not awarded. Apparently it's been across the board not just Tam and SAS. They are just the ones publicizing this problem. Presence of bad code hardly is an excuse for knowingly advertising prizes that the game company apparently knew they never would award due to their coding defects.

The resolution never has and likely never will be reached, as surely their legal department recognizes the depth of the financial liability to the entire player base for these errors. Expect continued foot dragging and inadequate compensation, with the hope the outrage from all the players just dies down.

Post Count
    Their legal department probably scans the forum at parties looking for quick laughs. There is no liability, much less damages.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Ive been Trying to reason with support on this issue with mods for top 100 individual prizes not stacking. The reply from the developers were that they made them not stack to avoid stat inflation. Thats BS. If u decide to give out 100 rewards per war/sa with mafia mods, thats what you put into the game. Of course the same players will be the recievers of these rewards as the top 100 scorers are pretty stable, that doesnt mean that you should automatically punish these players. its just not right. For me its just two awards, i lack 13% mafia attack and 13% mafia defence. Its not a big deal, i will still get targets in battles and dont have many losses. My suggestions of swapping the prizes to other lower rewards has been brushed aside and making the mods stack is "impossible"

I have finfished every event (box, ltq etc) and placed, on average, top 40 indy in every war and SA for the last 6 months, at least, and have spent ridiculous amonts of money to do so. You get to a point where the line is breached and that point is passed for me. Ill drop my account down to a lower level team and play as a free player from now on. The addiction is cured, thank you Gree.

Post Count
    So why wouldn't this work as far as re-writing code from the ground up: Put us into a holding cell where gold doesn't count but we can still play for free, call it beta or something) to produce a game where previous screw-ups are rectified?
    What I mean is have an announcement, say Feb 13th, where they say save all the player stats. Then tell us from this point forward we're just playing for fun and nothing will be saved. Then, at a future time (idk how long it would take to remake the code, 3 months? I have no clue) we will get the new update with our player previous stats, except now the code won't be bad.
    I understand this won't fix the poor customer support, but at least the game will have good code.
    Buy more gold

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crobach View Post
    Ive been Trying to reason with support on this issue with mods for top 100 individual prizes not stacking. The reply from the developers were that they made them not stack to avoid stat inflation. Thats BS. If u decide to give out 100 rewards per war/sa with mafia mods, thats what you put into the game. Of course the same players will be the recievers of these rewards as the top 100 scorers are pretty stable, that doesnt mean that you should automatically punish these players. its just not right. For me its just two awards, i lack 13% mafia attack and 13% mafia defence. Its not a big deal, i will still get targets in battles and dont have many losses. My suggestions of swapping the prizes to other lower rewards has been brushed aside and making the mods stack is "impossible"

I have finfished every event (box, ltq etc) and placed, on average, top 40 indy in every war and SA for the last 6 months, at least, and have spent ridiculous amonts of money to do so. You get to a point where the line is breached and that point is passed for me. Ill drop my account down to a lower level team and play as a free player from now on. The addiction is cured, thank you Gree.
    Let us know if you were able to follow through with this plan. Addictions can be difficult to shake. Almost every player in my original Top 30 syndicate is gone from Crime City. A few remain, but play in no gold syndicates.