Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: Power Boost

Well this power boost is ridiculous. The balance is completely rubbish now, there's no way you can finish the normal campaign without having UR/SR units now at max rank and the boss challenge meaningless

Thanks for all the feedback on this change!

All units of "rare" and higher quality have been significantly improved, with increases to offensive and defensive performance. All of your existing Rare, Super Rare, and Ultra Rare units have been upgraded automatically.

So far, I'm lovin' it!

id love it if I could beat Lt Koslov but it's just impossible and I've got some nice units but I'm stuck on lvl 48. I can beat main boss with one hit, but can't beat Koslov, his units are too powerful - Tadaaah please look at that, it's out of line with other bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Jamestkirk View Post
    id love it if I could beat Lt Koslov but it's just impossible and I've got some nice units but I'm stuck on lvl 48. I can beat main boss with one hit, but can't beat Koslov, his units are too powerful - Tadaaah please look at that, it's out of line with other bosses
    I ran into the same wall yesterday. I had to try a completely new combination of units. If you have the lvl 50 Sejanus and the lvl 30 Commoner's Revenge (more powerful than Sejanus now with the boost), these two with other boosted units should do it. You need long range units to beat Kozlov. I also started to lose to Herrera after about lvl 62; 1 Sagittarius was no longer enough to take out the Helos. There again, trying out some new combinations did the trick. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by eagleProphet View Post
    I ran into the same wall yesterday. I had to try a completely new combination of units. If you have the lvl 50 Sejanus and the lvl 30 Commoner's Revenge (more powerful than Sejanus now with the boost), these two with other boosted units should do it. You need long range units to beat Kozlov. I also started to lose to Herrera after about lvl 62; 1 Sagittarius was no longer enough to take out the Helos. There again, trying out some new combinations did the trick. Good luck!
    Exactly what I found as well. I throw in my 30 Gae Bulg too since it has the range. That Hyperion takes 4 or 5 shots to kill, and it usually takes out both Sej and CommRev at the same time as it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback on this change!

All units of "rare" and higher quality have been significantly improved, with increases to offensive and defensive performance. All of your existing Rare, Super Rare, and Ultra Rare units have been upgraded automatically.
    The problem Tadaaah is the increase in stats is no longer in balance. I have a level 20 UR unit that is stronger than the level 50 SR unit of the same type. (Commoners Revenge v Sejanus). Going up against Orontes, Hyperions etc are now brutal. This applies to both the boss and campaign stages.

Rare units are now fodder units; the same is true for SR units. I have a squad of UR units; and it's fun to watch one unit destroy an entire event. but the balance of the game is gone.

Please revert this change.

and while you are at it; revert the scoring on the epic boss as well. this new system is impossible.

U
    Quote Originally Posted by CJCJ View Post
    Exactly what I found as well. I throw in my 30 Gae Bulg too since it has the range. That Hyperion takes 4 or 5 shots to kill, and it usually takes out both Sej and CommRev at the same time as it dies.
    great advice, up to the point when I don't have the Gae Bulg or CommRev, so guess I'm going to struggle. Hit him with triple boost 15 Attack and lost, waiting to regen and try again as he's half down
    Last edited by Jamestkirk; 10-31-2014 at 01:47 PM.

I am a fan of this change. I know many complaints have been made in the past that getting URs are hard enough, and a lvl 20 UR was useless compared to a lvl 30 SR of equivalent unit type (think Sylph to Balyakov's Dream).

This change makes getting those hard-to-get UR units actually useful, even at lvl 20.

I think this is a fantastic change.

Ok so Lt. Koslov, I've found that using 15 power and don't try to speed up but deploy 5 units immediately and the boss can't deploy his units quick enough so you win before he's got going.

I think upgrading the units is good. My only concern is how I'm going to handle some of the LVL 50 UR units I might face. I have several LVL 30 UR units, but I don't see anything that could take out something like a LVL 50 Orontes. Since the UR units are now vastly superior to anything else, is there going to be a realistic way of leveling up our UR units beyond 30?

I think it also makes it very difficult for anyone without UR units. A maxed out R or SR just doesn't compete with even the lowest UR.

not difficult paige. impossible.

for those that have UR units...and i am one..the change is a blast..but for the long term health of the game it's a step backwards.

i agree that ur units should be stronger than SR units. but not to the degree they are.

the orontes was already the most overpowered unit in the game..it takes out tanks/air/inf and recon with range, strong def and high fire rate...

there are players with three or four lvl 50 orontes in their decks. won't be able to touch them...with anything.

Like everything Gree does, it's all about money. By making this change, they've made it so you have to have SR and UR units to be competitive - and if you want them, you're going to have to spend to get them. A new player using maxed UC units can't be competitive anymore like they could before the change.

Rock Beats Sisssors

Quote Originally Posted by garen argon View Post
    there are players with three or four lvl 50 orontes in their decks. won't be able to touch them...with anything.
    Unless you have four or five of your own, I don't think you should be able to beat a player with four lvl 50 orontes.