Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Thread: Power Boost

Unit Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by BaziOne View Post
    Like everything Gree does, it's all about money. By making this change, they've made it so you have to have SR and UR units to be competitive - and if you want them, you're going to have to spend to get them. A new player using maxed UC units can't be competitive anymore like they could before the change.
    Before the upgrade my Rare 50's could compete with SR and UR units, but now they just get swept away. So the vast bulk of my Army has been rendered worthless. That's months of effort wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleProphet View Post
    Unless you have four or five of your own, I don't think you should be able to beat a player with four lvl 50 orontes.

I have spend 36k gold bars for the last three months since I played this game.

don't know is my luck suck or what...so far I only got one n only lvl 30 Orontes

how much do these players actually spend to get 3-4 units of lvl 50 Orontes?

The more I play, the more I like the power boost. For the first time I've noticed one cannot just roll out the same units over and over in missions. Strategy is now part of the factor that was missing. Now units need to support one another to win. As a long time Marine I know that sending units into combat requires thought. As an example, one never a sends out armor without infantry suppout. Eve the toughest tank can't see all threats on a battlefield. Recon units are just that. They go first to probe enemy strength. Now units in this game need the player to put them into position to succeed. Infantry needs air support, all ground units need artillary support. Infantry and armor advance under artillary support. Keeps your artillary safe if infantry/armor is in front of them.

Not much thought when I can role out my level 30 Orontes and level 50 Raiynens Defense and mow through most anything. UR's are overpowered. I guess I should be happy I have about 10 to choose from. But I found the game more fun before the rollout of power. Games are more fun and have better longevity when you can become attached and have to invest a little time. Instant gratification these days I guess is what people want. Frankly, I think this update both sucks and blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Not much thought when I can role out my level 30 Orontes and level 50 Raiynens Defense and mow through most anything. UR's are overpowered. I guess I should be happy I have about 10 to choose from. But I found the game more fun before the rollout of power. Games are more fun and have better longevity when you can become attached and have to invest a little time. Instant gratification these days I guess is what people want. Frankly, I think this update both sucks and blows.
    I have been steadily getting my ass kicked by everything since the power boost. I have many 20 and 30 level SR. and UR units but none that can survive what I am going up against. Seems you now have to spend lots of real money in the hope of getting an Orontes or 2 to have any chance anymore. Time to find something else to waste time on.

Take a look at the Leaderboards. Apparently, there are people out there racking up MILLIONS of points, going way beyond what they need for the top prizes. That would be costing them an absolute fortune. Why do they do it?

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanPhalanx View Post
    Take a look at the Leaderboards. Apparently, there are people out there racking up MILLIONS of points, going way beyond what they need for the top prizes. That would be costing them an absolute fortune. Why do they do it?
    Top 4 look like the same person or same family. Look at the guy in 4th and his squad and ask yourself how he's 4th with no rares and no UR/SR?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jamestkirk View Post
    Top 4 look like the same person or same family. Look at the guy in 4th and his squad and ask yourself how he's 4th with no rares and no UR/SR?????
    Yea, that doesn't look like a squad that could beat the bosses. But who knows if thats the squad he actually used to get those points? We have no idea when/how GREE makes those 'squad' lists.

I question more the guys with multiple multiples of URs. Some guy at a lower level than I'm at has 3 L50 Pugis. That means he got TWELVE of those cards from chests (unless it was an event award.) I've gotten a TOTAL of 4 UR cards from chests. How do you get 12 of the SAME unit??

Shed load of gold presumably, but fair point. I've got 5 out of chests I think

Angry

I have already posted about this issue, strangely enough, inside the silver key complaint thread and as I said, this update will spell the end of this game. First off, I went up against a player with one UR Tetsudo earlier on today thinking that 'Hey, it's only level 20 and I have two level 50 Reaping Truths and one maxed Persephone, shouldn't be too hard!'

I was so damned wrong, he beat me with that ONE Tetsudo after it was deployed. Read; ONE. I remember very well how the URs when not promoted were just powerful units that represented Pay2Win when maxed out in spades. Now, if you have a second-level promoted UR on your deck, you are basically a demigod against those who have invested a lot of effort into getting their Rares maxed because of their choice to not use money. A whole deck of maxed out URs? It's no longer a game, it's a chore simply for the fact that you can squish everyone else like bugs.

While I am also one of those guys, I also have a bunch of Super-Rares from events and RNGesus's blessings on a lucky day and finding out a maxed out Sagittarius, an ANTI-AIR tank, can beat down a maxed Persephone to a quarter of its health before dying made me realized that GREE has essentially killed their game for the newbies.

If there should be changes to Rares and above, make it so that they are still kill-able to the other players. Having a non-promoted Araska should not mean that you can easily take a game without so much of a single thought, but it shouldn't mean that it has to sit in your storage waiting for that one lucky chance to get another to improve it. The power upgrade of this patch should be downgraded by a small margin, say 20% or 30%. That way, people with fresh URs are still powerhouses to be reckoned against lesser-prepared players with UCs and Rs but beatable to those with maxed-out Rs and SRs.

To sum it up; this patch has no sense of balance between URs and lower rarity units and it needs to be dealt with. I don't like the sight of an Ideal Defender killing my tanks when it's supposed to be an anti-air unit and I'm pretty sure other players would agree with me.

The Orontes in the campaigns have become impossible. Can someone please list out the units that can now beat a level 40 and above Orontes? It sure as heck ain't a level 50 Reaping Truth, a level 50 Sejanus, a level 50 R Janissary... Gree just made certain events virtually impossible, even if you have some level 50 SR units. my, my, my....

ok, so I dusted off a level 30 Atalus and that, along with my level 30 Commoner's Revenge defeated the Orontes. The Commoners at level 30 UR is now more powerful than the Sejanus at level 50 SR. I feel bad for newer players that cannot look in their arsenal and find level 50 or higher UR units. Cmon Gree, change this back to how it was before

The boost doesn't leave the battles as imbalanced as at first you might think. It takes a shift in thinking through your units. Some of your favorites need to go to storage. Some of those in storage need to get in the game. You need to examine the stats and assemble and deploy your squads wisely. Deployment timing and other points of game strategy come into play. Just to give an example, I won a battle earlier today against a much stronger player who had all URs -- lvl 50 Orontes, lvl 40 Orontes, lvl 40 Sylph, lvl 50 Pugio, lvl 50 Raiynin's Defense. The squad I used to beat him consisted of 4 maxed SRs and 2 lvl 30 URs -- Harvester, Eurydice, Sejanus, Sagittarius, Attalus, Commoner's Revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by User271320 View Post
    ok, so I dusted off a level 30 Atalus and that, along with my level 30 Commoner's Revenge defeated the Orontes. The Commoners at level 30 UR is now more powerful than the Sejanus at level 50 SR. I feel bad for newer players that cannot look in their arsenal and find level 50 or higher UR units. Cmon Gree, change this back to how it was before
    As eagleProphet says, you have to look at units you never used before. I had a couple of L20 URs that were 'useless' before that are now very strong. This update wasnt a flat increase across the board though, so you never know which units got a boost, a bigger boost, or not much if anything.

The Orontes is one of the toughest units to defeat, but its very late in the campaigns. Newer players wont be at that level for quite a while, by which time maybe they will have a UR unit or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I have been steadily getting my ass kicked by everything since the power boost. I have many 20 and 30 level SR. and UR units but none that can survive what I am going up against. Seems you now have to spend lots of real money in the hope of getting an Orontes or 2 to have any chance anymore. Time to find something else to waste time on.
    I agree completely