How to improve gameplay.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to improve gameplay.

Post Count

How to improve gameplay.

Why not offer new/better prizes for playing and completing levels in the game. Offer mod's once you finish all 5 steps in a level. Maybe this could be a route for people to get mod's they didn't previously acquire or perhaps throw in a "surprise" factor whereas you would get a secret building or secret weapon. Perfect example is upgrade +1, newer players are pretty much hosed on that.....if you offered it as a mod for finishing a few levels in the game that would reward players for progress/strategy of gameplay.
    HTC Red DogZ: Top 100.....can you hang with the big dogZ? Join 381-517-992

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Thanks for the suggestion. What would you suggest for reaching the higher levels?

Post Count
    I could be wrong, but I think he was talking about completing the map goals. Whether he meant that or experience levels, I think the argument would be the same.

I don't think you need special prizes, just stop handicapping the game based on level. Don't make bosses easier for low level players. Don't award IP in war based on level differential, thereby making level 250s an anchor on the team. Open up the whole rival list so people camping at level 50 can be attacked by players at level 250 (less important).

Just stop kneecapping players for being level 250. You don't need to bribe them to compensate for the aformentioned kneecapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Perhaps some goals could provide a prize which would decrease the players level which technically improves stats. Many players who began this game increased leveling at accelerated rates thinking it would improve there character, when in fact it penalizes them. If some players do not want to accomplish those specific goals that would provide this type of reward then like many other goals they choose not to participate in they don't have to do it. If you try this I think Gree would see and exponential increase of activity from many players who could realize the value of the prize in dropping a level now and then.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper View Post
    Perhaps some goals could provide a prize which would decrease the players level which technically improves stats.
    Take a good hard look at this, Gree. Your players are actually thinking this. Ask yourself WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. What would you suggest for reaching the higher levels?
    Here are some suggestions-

Robs payout
    Building output
    Upgrade/build reduction times
    Upgrade/build reduction costs
    Decrease energy regen time
    Decrease battle health regen time
    Decrease deploys regen time
    Hideout damage
    influence increase
    Increase drop rate of bricks
    Increase drop rate of uzi's

Another Cool idea for a mod that would work similar to decrease enemy mafia size, is decrease a percentage of mods used in battle
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    More variation of prizes, especially modifiers. Personally I would like to see a 'rare' mod for the final streak prize rather than the 3% that have been given out recently.

Doesn't have to be stats-based...energy regen or building output/cost/time would be nice,

Post Count
    I truly wish they would do SOMETHING about punishing players for achieving higher levels. It's been asked hundreds of times, and ignored equally as many times. I would have considered bringing it up in the AMA, but I'm sure it would immediately get the thread locked.

It just seems so pointless for the instructional at the beginning of the game show you how to complete map jobs and increase your "level", without saying a word about how much that is going to handicap you down the road with harder epic bosses, less chance of having a target in wars, becoming a target yourself, and so on. Plus, we, as a game community are losing long time players left and right, because the game is made unrealistically hard for most ppl at level 250.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    One very simple addition that would alleviate some of the high level issues is being able to purchase higher-end weapons in the game store for cash (NOT GOLD). As it is now, it's time consuming to build your attack and defense to a reasonable level if you advance levels too quickly. Right now the best weapons in the store are essentially worthless. Put some weapons for sale that cost 100-200 million per that have attack and defense numbers in the 20k range.

Post Count
    Another one of those topics that's gonna be "passed on to the developers".

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    I take it you are replying to this thread because the cap increase is almost here and you are actually looking for suggestions to reward those who race to the finish line. If that's the case then some sort of IP mod would be nice.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    Another one of those topics that's gonna be "passed on to the developers".
    But the way tadaaah responded, with an exclamation point and asking for suggestions, he seemed legitimately interested in the idea.. maybe that's a sign it will get implemented
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post

I don't think you need special prizes, just stop handicapping the game based on level. Don't make bosses easier for low level players. Don't award IP in war based on level differential, thereby making level 250s an anchor on the team. Open up the whole rival list so people camping at level 50 can be attacked by players at level 250 (less important).

Just stop kneecapping players for being level 250. You don't need to bribe them to compensate for the aformentioned kneecapping.
    How about basing IP on attack to defense ratio? You get more points beating someone that has defense close to your attack. And its risky because you may lose.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    But the way tadaaah responded, with an exclamation point and asking for suggestions, he seemed legitimately interested in the idea.. maybe that's a sign it will get implemented
    Tadaaah responded to other topics too, it doesn't mean anything. Unfortunately, it's not up to him.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgz View Post
    I truly wish they would do SOMETHING about punishing players for achieving higher levels. It's been asked hundreds of times, and ignored equally as many times. I would have considered bringing it up in the AMA, but I'm sure it would immediately get the thread locked.
    They won't change because this is their business model. It's how they cash in and changing means they will have to research, study, and develop new methods of separating people from their money.

Brand new players get sucked in because it's actually a pretty decent game, but Gree slowly changes stuff as you advance. This creates a situation for users where they must make a decision as to how to proceed. Buy and spend gold to restore the game to "normal" and keep the abilities/priviliges you started with, accept the downgrades in player experience, or stop playing.

It's not just Gree at does this stuff. I suggest you do a bit of research on monetizing game apps. Most of it revolves around shadiness and trickery. Knowing the beast you're up against makes it very easy to play for free.