GREE is shutting down games – Are Modern War next???? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GREE is shutting down games – Are Modern War next????

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    I wont be locking the thread at this time, but if new ones on the same topic continue to be created, they will be.
    Reading that. I just heard ominous ambience then "Darn darn daaaaarn" music play as you said "they will be!". Scary. Must be because Halloween is fast approaching haha.

A robust discussion is always good for business. If we had info like this posted by you guys in the announcements section you could at least control the direction that these discussions begin with. More info, is always good for business IMO.

Just sayin
    Last edited by bam bam.; 10-22-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    My guess is that monthly they're making enough on this game to pay the salary of 3-4 full-time employees for this game. I doubt it will be shut down any time soon.

In fact, the thing to look for is when SUP, Warriors, Seals, etc all drop out of the top 5. When that happens the game has got both feet in the grave.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusImperium View Post
    My guess is that monthly they're making enough on this game to pay the salary of 3-4 full-time employees for this game. I doubt it will be shut down any time soon.

In fact, the thing to look for is when SUP, Warriors, Seals, etc all drop out of the top 5. When that happens the game has got both feet in the grave.
    You can add up how much money they make from events. Doesn't take a rocket scientist. War is a good example, you know how many points are scored, just work backwards from there and if you got a bit of brains you can get a good approximation of how much they bring in. Don't worry, its a lot of money!.

Maybe if they get back to quality control they can increase their revenues from the tried and tested games. It was a great product a couple years back. The structure was solid, events minimal and MW was the number one earner on itunes for quiet a while.

More games doesn't necessarily equal more money. Pen pushes in offices don't quite understand that. Yes numbers look good on paper but it's the intangible things that make the world of difference. People always want to quantify which is very limiting in itself. Yes, its a business and it must make money.

'Lies, damn lies and statistics'. Execs need to stop worrying about figures and worry more about getting the feel right. Through every level of the business. Managers, devs, mods, consumers, providers all have to be understanding each other. Communication will save this game or lack of will end it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the product. MW is genius, gonna take some pretty special people to run it into the ground.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Please return this thread to where it was started and where it belongs in 'general' section of the forum. The future of the game is most certainly not something to be considered "off topic".

Yes it may be uncomfortable to talk about, but when your kid has a crack problem NOT talking to them doesn't solve or help with the problem!. Please Excuse me for using a blunt analogy.

I would go so far as to say this games future is very much something to be discussed by all passionate members of our MW community. Not something to be shifted to the quiet alleys.

Banned
    Post Count
    So how is a discussion specifically about modern war off topic?

Post Count
    I wont be locking the thread at this time, but if new ones on the same topic continue to be created, they will be.

This isn't "Off Topic" - it's directly related to Modern War.

And it's also the only current thread on the topic in the MW forum.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Ignored again. Player appreciation month has been a blast!. Not!

Yall must be bored to actually write a speach out about gree games being shut down. Please log off ur phones for at least 6 hours a day, not including sleep, and go outside. Maybe try to get a girlfriend??

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Instead of threatening the customer with locking them out, why not actually pay attention to what we are saying and fix the root problems. This lack of communication coupled with childish threats will be the downfall of your "company".

Post Count

Angry Unnecessary Fear Thread ⁉️

First, thanks Clementine for stepping in, much appreciated…!!!

These kinds of unnecessary “fear threads” that are created by members without first examining the facts of the matter or taking a comprehensive look into why there’s a “change” or “discontinuation” in regards to games is insular and shortsighted…

GREE is a “gaming giant” with 90% of it’s games played on phones, for gamers, which both are growing exponentially. Funzio, (based here in San Francisco, woo-hoo ) creators of Crime City, Modern War, and Kingdom Age, purchased of course by GREE are the cornerstones of that visionary purchase, and will only continue to grow in numbers and popularity. It is only natural and good business to try create other offshoots of something that already works, and see if they connect with gamers or not. And if they’re unable to sustain the projected minimal numbers of gamers consistently and show “growth potential” then they should be discontinued. There by creating avenues for newer ideas and better games for customers…

It’s good business, GREE should be applauded, not chastised…
    ”If you are not our ally, then we will kill you”…

The Elite Fighting⚡️Forces of the G.U.

Post Count
    can't see gree shutting down their most profitable game