Evolution or revolution, that's the question.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evolution or revolution, that's the question.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Evolution or revolution, that's the question.

So, people who played for years and spend thousands can be raided by almost anyone. Defense doesn't matter and soon stats all together wont matter. For full/frontal assault you don't need stats. So, what are you playing for? Just a new picture? Does it matter if gree would gave 50% allience attack boost for every event.
    At this point, i can defeat everyone in this game. 3 months ago top 5 factions were untouchable for me. And you know what? I don't like it. They were supposed to be untouchable, at least for the short term. Sure i want to get closer to the top, but not like this.
    Rich people like being above others. And poor people try and hope to get in that position. Now... what if everyone was rich? Would that work?
    Give people something to work for. Some trying to catch up and some trying to stay ahead. History teached us communism didn't work out. Capitalism on the other hand.....

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    There is another thread on this dude. You know the one!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    There is another thread on this dude. You know the one!
    Yep, i know. I was about to post on that thread, but decided to do this instead. Hoping another thread will make them see, they're (gree) on the wrong track.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    hey, why would you spend thousands of dollars on a video game? looks like you've got your priorities in order. if you didn't notice, gree is a company meant to make money. they don't make money by discouraging new players from joining, because eventually all the old players would stop and then they wouldn't have pretty much anyone. i joined almost 2 years ago and i don't spend money on gold, and i cannot raid anyone over 400 million defense. i do everything free, especially because i initially did buy gold to get a sweet 11k air unit with an air boost when i first joined. now that unit is fairly useless. top players have over billions of attack. they are untouchable to people who play free for years. if you don't like wasting money, don't do it.

Banned
    Post Count
    How can you play for two years, even for free, and not be able to beat a 400m defense?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade John View Post
    hey, why would you spend thousands of dollars on a video game? looks like you've got your priorities in order. if you didn't notice, gree is a company meant to make money. they don't make money by discouraging new players from joining, because eventually all the old players would stop and then they wouldn't have pretty much anyone. i joined almost 2 years ago and i don't spend money on gold, and i cannot raid anyone over 400 million defense. i do everything free, especially because i initially did buy gold to get a sweet 11k air unit with an air boost when i first joined. now that unit is fairly useless. top players have over billions of attack. they are untouchable to people who play free for years. if you don't like wasting money, don't do it.
    Why would one spend hundreds of thousands for an exclusive car, when a modest car can get you also from A to B? Because they can?

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm. J(K96) View Post
    How can you play for two years, even for free, and not be able to beat a 400m defense?
    because i didn't spend gold/get many free gold opportunities/no life play the game? i check in every few hours, and have work/commuting?

i also don't buy units yet, i'm waiting til i get a better income per hour.

it's very easy not to spend thousands of dollars

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Why would one spend hundreds of thousands for an exclusive car, when a modest car can get you also from A to B? Because they can?
    expensive cars are much better than modest cars in terms of performance. they can last many years if taken care of, and many people know you're rich when you drive a maserati. not many people care that you're a top 100 faction on a video game lol

Banned
    Post Count
    because i didn't spend gold/get many free gold opportunities/no life play the game? i check in every few hours, and have work/commuting?

So you play the same way I did. You could have very easily gotten stats twice what you have without ever spending a dime, let alone thousands.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Comrade John. I've been playing seriously for free since 2012 and wasn't always in a top 150 faction about 9 months ago. And I'm now able to complete all events and well this last cycle gained 800/650Mil stats from all the units and bonuses Gree gave out. And the fact that at 1.5B attack I could raid SUP and anyone else in the game due to some weird **** up by Gree. Anyways. You can play free and still get somewhere in the game. I've bought 1 vault in the entire time I've played this game. That's it.
    Anyways the game is broken. I liked the game before India WD and shortly after that it went downhill. Good day to you and good luck.

Post Count
    hey, why would you spend thousands of dollars on a video game?...
    For the same reason someone would spend tens of thousands of dollars on a boat and equipment then spend all weekend on a lake in the rain just to get 10 lbs of trout they could buy at the store for $30. Recreation.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    For the same reason someone would spend tens of thousands of dollars on a boat and equipment then spend all weekend on a lake in the rain just to get 10 lbs of trout they could buy at the store for $30. Recreation.
    Well said, you purchase entertainment. Not anything physical, you don't even own your account... They do!.

I'm fine with that so long as what you purchase is what is advertised.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I hardly ever have a whinge at people on here who have a go at those of us who use gold. Modern War is a hobby. I used to play a lot of golf, and I used to spend a lot of money on green fee's, clubs, balls, clothing (not to mention in the bar after the game). At the end of the game I have nothing 'physical' to justify my investment. I have memories of good shots, angst about bad shots and a score card.

Modern War is very similar to golf. I spend money on it and at the end of an event/cycle, I have memories of good battles, angst about missing out on a prize unit and a screen full of pretty pixels.

So people like Comrade John, stop whinging about those of us who spend money on this game. I don't care if you play gold free, that's your choice. I am in a Top 10 faction, I'm there because I want to be, because I enjoy the camaraderie of the members of my faction and because I chose to pay to be there.

Seriously, all this whinging isn't going to stop me and hundreds/thousands of people continuing to spend money. It's our money, we can do whatever the hell we like with it.

Modern War is one of my hobbies, I like playing it and I prefer it to traipsing around 18 holes in the rain anymore......The only thing I don't like about MW is the whining and whinging mob who think their evangelical preaching is going to convince us power hungry monsters to stop spending..........it's not

Please be quiet

Articulate Author
    Post Count

You only check in every few hours to collect....but, you find time to waste our time with your thoughtless posts.

Source considered

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    It's funny. This actually began a year ago, and has only gotten worse, when sup bothered to mention it ( remember, almost no one could touch us) we were derided as complainers. I've grown used to it, I rarely open my game, except for faction events, it's ruined the raiding and attacking portion of the game. I've just resigned myself that the faction events are the only part of the game I play. I don't even participate in any type of Indy events. In fltq, I will only hit the faction ones, not a single hit in Indy.