What is the point?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is the point?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

What is the point?

In all the previous WDs, it is a challenge because a team have to take down the rival's faction's wall and DL before being able to find a possible target. But this WD, with all the temp Attack boost, there is no need to look for a target because most of the time, the DL is already a good enough target for most.

GREE, this event is totally destroy now.

Post Count
    Don't put a good target as your DL, for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Most teams put a low level as do these days

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Very true. With att/def ratio's being so stretched with the current inflation (everyone can beat everyone [almost]), logic dictates putting your lowest level, lowest stat player as DL.

Have your opponent 'waste' a hit getting your DL down. There are still lot's of factions who PA the DL, which is great as your opponent has wasted 4* the health.

Many moons ago, there was a thread which asked the question as to whether the defensive strength of a factions DL affected it's matching algorithm in wars? I doubt it does, but if it did, then there's even more reason to put your lowest/weakest player as DL

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    There is no point, but good news, Mod says game is functioning as intended.

Most of us have more Attack than we need, and our defense is near useless. So tell me again what the purpose of continued play is?

PA the DL is all but eliminated. DL no longer serves any purpose for most factions.
    Raid anybody, because building def, which isn't even known to a single player, is so extremely low, that it might as well be zero for nearly all players.

More good news, this is player appreciation month. If you feel appreciated, please post here and say so.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Splat!, you just spoke my mind. It is sad when the moderators are lying to themselves and their customers that there is nothing wrong with this game. They just continue to sweep everything under the carpet and say that the game is clean.

Post Count
    I've been DL for my faction for a while now and this last one I had more defeats than any other wd before. I still did win some fights though as DL and did score some extra points when attacked. It is not there yet, but it is swiftly approaching that defense stats won't mean anything because a majority of players will have higher attack stats than your defense. It is not unusual to see players with 4x more attack than defense these days.
    Llp 755-110-608 add me I need allies.

170m attack
    253m defense
    52m/hr income
    Lvl 252
    Free army 460 allies

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    What this game needs is a reset. Gree needs to get units balanced and then set _everything_ except valor units and units with bonuses at 'low' casualty rate. We need to undergo a massive but controlled deflationary period. It would be nice if things settled down where the most powerful players had attack/defense in the 100M range.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    In a society built around attack, the DL has been swept under the rug.

...couldn't agree more.

There are Defensive Skill Points that many of us have wasted efforts strengthening. Here is a pipe dream: integrate a player's Defensive Skill Points, when set as DL. For example;

Johnny has 500m defense. Johnny's skill points on Defense is 158. Therefore, Johnny, when set as DL...has a Defensive value of (500m)x1.58. This is a pint-sized example, of course. Now imagine a 4b defense stat player with 400 Defensive skill points...

...In all tiers of War...top 10.....top 25.....top 500, this would be an effective advantage, and, utilization of Skill Points, and, would bring back the need for old-school PAs to defeat a DL during War.
    Last edited by I Will Merc You; 10-21-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    The reasons why they don't want anyone untouchable are many. They do analyze this. If there are players that people can't hit, several things happen. They get discouraged that the string just keep getting stronger, and unless they spend a mint, will never get anywhere. Also with the cost of fl, etc, they want people raid able more to get the cash needed. If you can't, players give up trying, and playing. Yes, the guys who spent the most to be untouchable arnt happy, so you lose some at the top to hopefully get more from bigger numbers , and therefore possibly more total dollars. This may or may not be what happens, but it's what gree believe happens

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    There is more reasoning to not spend now than ever before. If anyone can raid me and most can beat me, no matter what I spend, why spend if I cannot defend attacks. There are players that have spend hundreds of thousands and they can be raided and beaten by many. I see top players leaving in droves. I now leave my base blacked out, I can beat or raid nearly anyone without my boosts, so they are now useless as well. I raid 100% of my cash and no one can take a thing back from me. MW Scorched Earth is my new strategy, try it, it's fun or at least fun for what this sad excuse of a game has become.