War changed to 3-day? Can someone confirm?

Well, the news still shows:

but the actual guild war screen shows:

Clementine or someone else, can you please confirm which end date is correct?
    no

My news screen is saying 21st now. It's three days...
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

Quote Originally Posted by geo81 View Post
    My news screen is saying 21st now. It's three days...
    Mine does now as well. Alright then.
    I guess this thread can be locked.
    no

You are so out of touch with your user base, it's unreal.

People spend serious money on this game in order to compete and spend time with virtual friends. We do it primarily because of the social aspect and the excitement of competing with other real people out there in the world. We do not do it because of an interesting game, other than the epic armor rewards to keep competitive. The game mechanics are poor. The updates are always bug filled. However, we keep playing because of the people.

Many were excited about only a 2 day war because a large number of your players have more free time on the weekend and a shorter war time was new and interesting. I think you would have been surprised by the amount of participation in the shorter war time. Also, the majority of the war points are scored in the first 2 days and the 3rd day is usually generally a coasting day.

This is because many, many people go back to work on Monday across the globe and can't spend the time to keep pressing the same stupid button over and try to get as many as possible before the weekend is over. Expecting the war to not only continue through Monday but into Tuesday just means that whoever is accountable for making these decisions at Gree is so far from the pulse of what the community is looking for it's disgusting.

I will also quote from a relatively recent response from Gree to the Better Business Bureau regarding their influx of complaints and at the time, a D- rating.

"Regarding your recent letter highlighting a pattern of complaints the BBB has noticed from our players. The customer support team here at GREE strives to provide our players with the absolute best experience possible. Our support team members work daily with our developers to identify, and work to resolve whatever issues our players are currently facing in-game.

Many issues, which require the action of a "bug fix" are addressed in the form of data pushes, which can take time to address, resolve and release. Once a fix is applied, we communicate to any open tickets a player may have, and also post to our forums and social media pages. Every day over 1 million customers use our product and we are confident that we properly resolve player reports in a fair manner. As we work through everyone's issues we appreciate their patience and once again apologize for the frustration it may cause.

Again we do apologize in advance to all our players for any delays in replies. As of late, we have been experiencing a higher than normal ticket volume across some of our titles. We continue prioritizing critical issues and are responding to all requests as soon as possible. Due to the volume of tickets on a particular issue, there are times when a mass reply is required which lets all players know we are working on the issue. All follow-ups are handled on a case by case, and with direct communication to each individual player. That being said, there are times when a players request for a desired outcome are simply not possible, which can cause additional frustration. We investigate all claims, and take the appropriate actions deemed necessary."

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-franc...1#reasonrating

I ask the community to respond to the following points:
    1) Do you truly believe GREE strives to provide the best experience possible, as quoted by the GREE P.R. person who had to write this response to the BBB?

2) Do you believe that gree strives to solve customer issues in a fair manner consistently?

3) Does the actions taken of extending a war time at the last minute and this response to the BBB sound like a company that has any real insight to the desires of the playing community?

In order to be a successful long term business, you have to have some level of customer satisfaction. We have been keeping this game alive because we enjoy the competition. The level of dissatisfaction from your lack of understanding of the desires of the community is pretty close to overcoming that joy we get from the competition. When that happens, this all crumbles and we find something probably more fun to do with our time.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBlessed View Post
    I ask the community to respond to the following points:
    1) Do you truly believe GREE strives to provide the best experience possible, as quoted by the GREE P.R. person who had to write this response to the BBB?

2) Do you believe that gree strives to solve customer issues in a fair manner consistently?

3) Does the actions taken of extending a war time at the last minute and this response to the BBB sound like a company that has any real insight to the desires of the playing community?

In order to be a successful long term business, you have to have some level of customer satisfaction. We have been keeping this game alive because we enjoy the competition. The level of dissatisfaction from your lack of understanding of the desires of the community is pretty close to overcoming that joy we get from the competition. When that happens, this all crumbles and we find something probably more fun to do with our time.
    1.) No. While Gree has provided a game that has a very high population, they have done little to keep up with the growing gaming population and the demands that come with it. There have been updates, and the game has evolved, however the experience as been greatly tarnished by countless reckless acts committed by Gree including and not limited to new bugs in almost every update, various game issues experienced by individuals that go unresolved, and general lack of internal support to a massive customer base.

2.) No. Two key words, fair and consistent, neither of which have been upheld. From personal experience I can say that I have two major issues that went unresolved after submitting tickets and even speaking in PM's with your reps on this very website. During this time I received two auto responses from Gree that answered questions unrelated to my ticket, then went completely ignored. I have seen some people's tickets go resolved within 2-3 days, while the majority never get handled.

3.) No. The extension of war 16 hours prior to war sadly doesn't shock anyone. The war had been announced for more than 30 hours, and many people are sleeping and may not even see the announcement until only a few hours before war. Not only this, but the only way the extended war was recognized was through an in game banner which a few people happened to notice and word spread. They did not post on their forums or social media websites, nor does this even a little bit echo what the community has been asking for.

Gree, you received a D- grade for a reason. Your million plus daily customers and massive income statements show that you have provided a game that can be successful, however with the way things are going you are losing more than you are gaining. Change that.
    Bulls on Parade
    IGN: BoP B Legit
    LINE ID: BLegit

Was there ever an explanation as to why any of this happened in the first place?

I've basically quit KnD on favor of Criminal Legacy, but it seems we've had similar issues over there. What should have been a Boost war, and was originally announced as a Boost war, sort of, turned into an Epic war with 24 hours notice.

Why?

I read some speculation. But I didn't see Clemmy or Tad explain why all this was done.

Really threw a wrench in my plans and made organizing this war a disaster.
    Last edited by Sol Invictus; 10-18-2014 at 03:58 AM.

Gree as usual

Do you really expect any less than Gree doing all they can to screw everything and everyone over in this game? I am surprised this company is still in business as they do not listen to anything their paying customers say and offer pretty much non-existent support. I will never play another game that Gree has anything to do with after I quit this game.

They thought that 2 days = less $$$$

Angry

I think that akindfoe is spot on. If you read the thread about the insane amount of money the currently leading "xxxdangerxxx" guild alone has been spending on the game so far during this event, it's easy to calculate how much cash a single day extension of this already endlessly feeling war (I always begin to hate wars after 2 days, it's so tiresome, and I know many other players feel the same) flushes into the Google Play account of Greed.

Reading all the complaints about Gree, how they handle customer feedback and inquiries, and how they are - I tend to say: cheating customers, given the output of opening the insanely expensive "chests" -, and after playing the game for about a year now, I think they are only out for short-term gain and stupid addicts, but not interested at all or not realizing an advantage of building a long-term customer base. It's a pity to say it, but there are not many other rational explanations for all that.

"You are so out of touch with your user base, it's unreal."

This
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

Well said!

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

Total Epic Fail by GREE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroeland View Post
    Well said!

*dies laughing*

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Hey! Now it looks like im complementing myself. This is admin abuse