GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: limit those Trials

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count

limit those Trials

Dear Gree

first of all thank you for those Trials. The ability to decide on ourself when to start one is a great idea and very helpful. However i think it would be important to limit the amount of possible trials to a certain amount like 30 or 50 and also a limit in time like 2 or 4 weeks would be nice.

This game consistsin general out of 2 types of players. The ones who have time and the ones who have the money. Of course there are always also those who have neither or both lol.

At the current situation many people do feel the need of doing those trials daily and feel bad if they cant do them for a few days as they feel they fall to far behind in stats compared to those who are doing them. Also some people who have spend more money in the past dont feel very happy to see that some who spend far less or are free players catch up in stats that rapidly.

However i appreciate the idea and think it is something great for all those who have the time to do them but i think it would be better if you limit the amount and/or the timeframe in general as it still would allow those who have more time to finish more and catch up in stats while those with less time still could do a few and dont feel too unhappy or even worried to lose too much ground compared to others if they dont do a few per day.

Again i think events which add so much vlaue to stats are important to all players and should also be doable for those who spend less or are free but the right balance seems to be the key here. Hence please limit the amount per player or find another way of right balancing.

Thank you very much for your consideration.
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [JAG] Ryan View Post
    Dear Gree

first of all thank you for those Trials. The ability to decide on ourself when to start one is a great idea and very helpful. However i think it would be important to limit the amount of possible trials to a certain amount like 30 or 50 and also a limit in time like 2 or 4 weeks would be nice.

This game consistsin general out of 2 types of players. The ones who have time and the ones who have the money. Of course there are always also those who have neither or both lol.

At the current situation many people do feel the need of doing those trials daily and feel bad if they cant do them for a few days as they feel they fall to far behind in stats compared to those who are doing them. Also some people who have spend more money in the past dont feel very happy to see that some who spend far less or are free players catch up in stats that rapidly.

However i appreciate the idea and think it is something great for all those who have the time to do them but i think it would be better if you limit the amount and/or the timeframe in general as it still would allow those who have more time to finish more and catch up in stats while those with less time still could do a few and dont feel too unhappy or even worried to lose too much ground compared to others if they dont do a few per day.

Again i think events which add so much vlaue to stats are important to all players and should also be doable for those who spend less or are free but the right balance seems to be the key here. Hence please limit the amount per player or find another way of right balancing.

I read this several times since my reading comprehension isn't always the best, but what are you asking?
    You want trials limited? Why? So free players can't get a leg-up on gemmers?
    (I apologize in advance if I completely misunderstood the OP.)

Free and gemmers can do as many trails as they want... a good thing.

Gemmers gotta gem to keep their stats above free players. That is kinda the way these F2P games work.
    Gems = time, essentially.

If a free player has more time to complete more trial quests, great for them!
    If a gemmer doesn't have the time to trial, that's not GREE's problem. Too bad, so sad if a gemmer has no time to gem.
    No rest for the wicked!

Playing is a choice, and one should never "feel bad" for not having the time to play a free app for fun, heh... seriously.

Thanks for posting this!
    As a camping, free player with all the time in the world, I might have another look at these trials!

Post Count
    Hi Vile Lynn

yes, i want the trials to be limited. Why? Very easy explained. To prevent the missuse of glitches and hacks. No system is perfect and there seems always to be people to find a way around certain things. We have seen this in the past with the "potions" and other things.

A limit simply helps to keep the balance. While you are right, a player who has more time, can do more trials. All fair and good, but it shouldnt result in lets say someone who does 10 nightmare trials a day or more as this would drive by time some people away from the game.

Hence the idea of setting a total limit. People with more time will still catch up to gemmers who have less time or cant compensate the time with gems anymore. But it would happen in a more balanced way and we wouldnt see some outlier as mentioned above.

Also people at different stages have different demands. A player in a certain level field wants to stay competitive in his tier, thats natural. I agree with you that nobody should feel bad, but thats the theory. If you feel that you cant keep up without spending some additional hours on those trials a day with no alternative to reduce the time with gems, then this might drive you away from the game, sooner or later. Means, Gems are not time then anymore. And this is what im pointing towards. Not more and not less.

And yes, if you have the time, do as many as you can lol as they will really help you improve your stats
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Post Count
    Hi Vile Lynn

yes, i want the trials to be limited. Why? Very easy explained. To prevent the missuse of glitches and hacks. No system is perfect and there seems always to be people to find a way around certain things. We have seen this in the past with the "potions" and other things.

A limit simply helps to keep the balance. While you are right, a player who has more time, can do more trials. All fair and good, but it shouldnt result in lets say someone who does 10 nightmare trials a day or more as this would drive by time some people away from the game.

Hence the idea of setting a total limit. People with more time will still catch up to gemmers who have less time or cant compensate the time with gems anymore. But it would happen in a more balanced way and we wouldnt see some outlier as mentioned above.

Also people at different stages have different demands. A player in a certain level field wants to stay competitive in his tier, thats natural. I agree with you that nobody should feel bad, but thats the theory. If you feel that you cant keep up without spending some additional hours on those trials a day with no alternative to reduce the time with gems, then this might drive you away from the game, sooner or later. Means, Gems are not time then anymore. And this is what im pointing towards. Not more and not less.

And yes, if you have the time, do as many as you can lol as they will really help you improve your stats
    So the real reason to limit trials is because players, namely free players, are abusing an energy glitch?
    I ask because there is no way a free player can do 10 Nightmare Trials a day. Right?

If this it is a case of exploiting energy glitches, then GREE has a different, bigger problem to fix IMHO.

Post Count
    Im not saying it is happening nor do i know about it. I just know and saw that happened to the "potions event" some time back and feel a total limit would prevent certain outliers, thats all.

A limit to the "potions event" back then, would have made it impossible for anybody to exceed a certain number, regardless how they obtained it. Hence we wouldnt had seen what we did.
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have found the trials to be fun and relaxing. My time when to choose and my choice to pick strength. I can't finish a nightmare at lvl 213 without a couple days to throw at it but like when I have 2 days to have that choice. I stick with lvl 3 most times. One thing I am pretty sure is hitters over 1 billion could care less about these trials.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    @ Tojo, when the trials are part of a guild quest; all level players are concerned. Regardless of stats.

Ryan - regarding potions; there were those that found creative ways to get more potions. the game should not be altered
    when there are smart people who figure these things out.

That being said; when another program is used like in the case of the two guilds who hacked the game to gain thousands of potions; that is a breach that needs to be fixed. By the way; my guild lost our top ten placement in the war due to them.

I have no issue when a player figures out a way to farm an item...just have to think outside the box.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    On the matter of said potion event, that bug was taken care of when this occurred. More steps are being taken to tighten the security of the game and this shouldn't be an issue with these trials. If you feel you know of an exploit, please report this with steps to through the ticket system. We will then be able to investigate and take the necessary actions.

Post Count
    Hi Tadaaah, as i said above im not aware of any exploit, heard only some rumor but that is being said always.

With the potions you havent closed all doors from my understanding as at least one person wasnt blocked which i heard he had used an unlimited energy hack to farm those potions. it was reported though with SS of that energy bar.

However, it is very difficult to track someone who use any hack with that trials as you dont see the use of it directly like with the potions and a high stat doesnt mean the one used a hack lol. Hence my suggestion to limit it anywhere as it wouldnt affect any normal player but only someone who found any exploit or hack to get them done faster/free or whatever somehow.

Also a timeframe limit makes sense as i dont see too many people doing this repetitive Trials over months lol.

i need to add that killing mobs over and over isnt really fun for anyone and gets boring quite soon. However as i said the Trials are nicely done and a welcome addition, just need some brackets in my opinion, thats all.

Anyways, thanks for all responds.
    Last edited by [JAG] Ryan; 10-13-2014 at 03:03 PM.
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I would love to win some energy potions and health packs during these LTQs.

Post Count
    someone who does 10 nightmare trials a day or more
    Ain't nobody got time for that.

Post Count
    Dear Gree

I understand and agree with you that its a little bit problem to play without rest(but those can do just few hardcore players without any rl)as you want trials to be limited so we can have time and for Rl,partialy i suport that because i dont play trials non stop,and i play then just when i am not so busy because of Rl,i can finish barely once a day and not higher levels and that is if i have a free time to play !

Nobody can invest so much time or money to finish 10 trials in day,that is not posible!

But the thing is that you from top 3 guilds are the only ones afraid that somebody will reach you in stats,but dont worry so mych Ryan because just the members from top 5 guilds can spend so mych money and you are the only ones that finish each event,so i really don't understand why are you so afraid.
    Yes i understand that worring that somebody can invest so much time makes you restless and then you are thinking that you need to play day and night trials to keep up and remain up there,but other guilds and players beneath top 10 Guilds they are not so worried because they dont invest so much time playing or so much money into the game and not to many players have billion stats as some at top 1 and 2 guilds have,so don't worry we can't reach you even if we play day and night i know we are months and months behind you ,whatever the players beneath your stats do they cant reach you,it's impossible !
    You can sleep at peace now,stop worrying and enjoy !
    Last edited by DragCro; 10-14-2014 at 05:32 AM.
    [FK] TITAN

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    So in essence Dragco; you are saying Ryan's post indicates FIB is not up for a challenge??

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by garen argon View Post
    So in essence Dragco; you are saying Ryan's post indicates FIB is not up for a challenge??
    Any hardcore player and heavy gemmer is up to any challenge,im shure FiB is too..Im just saying that lots of players can't play day and night or spend a lot of money to compete and reach somebody at top
    [FK] TITAN

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    agreed. that being said; just because one player does not have the resources be it time or money does not give them the right to impede the other players that do.

to the OP: should we limit gems in war because those that have more have an unfair advantage??