Calm thought

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should temp boosts remain apart of MW?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they should stay!

93 53.45%
  • No they should go!

81 46.55%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calm thought

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Calm thought

Now that we have all had time to experience the new temp boosts for a cycle and a half what is the communities view on them. Have you come around or do you still dislike the idea of temp boosts.

I would ask you to consider; your factions participation compared to pre temp boost period, the fact that you get temp boosts for perm xp gains, the enjoyment you get from the events, time it takes to complete events, the fact we now have nearly a dozen indi and faction events running at one time, the cost in $s to keep up, other factors you think appropriate

I would ask you to exclude; GREEs unprofessional conduct in releasing the new content with no prior warning, your previous thoughts after the initial shock, anything non related to this direct question.

Looking for a fair and balanced pole on the question of should temps be perm or should temps be temp and go bye bye.

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    I do not like the temp boosts

Use to get excited when I got a +1 energy boost, or a health regen boost, etc... It was a big deal... I knew my exact health regen time and of course I knew my energy regen...

With all these new events and temp boosts.. It's way too much.. I have no idea what my energy regen is.. Somewhere in the 20s.. No idea what my health regen time is.. Something like 20 minutes... There's no point in me figuring it out because there'll just be another temp boost to recalculate tomorrow and the next day and so on.. And because it isn't special, I really don't care anymore...

Really de values the original +10 energy I worked so hard to get and the original health regen boosts...
    Last edited by manbeast; 10-12-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yes. It will be great to have temp boost for decreasing time of frontline deploy regeneration and temp boost for increasing of deploy max number like we have + alliance member boost

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    Hey there manbeast. I'm back. I feel a little indifferent about this temp boosts. As he says, it devalues a lot of the stuff we have worked and spent for on perm boost units. But I also don't like it just because I'd rather have a kick butt unit as a prize instead of a temp boost. Of which -5 health boosts takes me up what,1 notch. Like really. All the extra added work for peanuts. I know someone who got the -5 bonus unlocked and their health regen number did not change even one notch. So what's the point. Create perma boosts units again and make them hard to get. If Gree is doing it to offer a way for free players to get a chance at boosts, fine, but also include other missions. Give them a choice, they'll have to either go for temp boosts or a kickass unit
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Post Count
    I voted no for a reason. These temp boost are nice but they dont add value to the account. Its like a soft patch. They work for a while but all you're doing is covering up a problem that should be addressed and fixed.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Voted yes.

1. It is only the game/entertainment and these temps are the purpose and the tool for further playing!
    2. Integrate our team and make more/everybody to take part during missions, even with these high xp or leveling up!!!
    3. Give us a chance to score any points against heavy TOP factions during WD.
    4. Rewards now depend more on soldiers performance/activity rather than tons of gold. Gold is spending as always(!!!) but now, for the first time since high energy fltq started, it is worth opening the wallet! I assume Gree might have even more gold with temps than without them. More people particiapte and seeing the chance to finish Masters are willing to spend...more.

ps. I am wrtitting this from the top100-150's point of view.
    ps2. would like to thank our mods/Gree that:
    a) allowed to use tanks last Frontline!
    b) started the ingame communication in po-up windows!
    c) gave small rewards for playing or due to some techinal problems!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Wow, this has swung about face. From 4/5 loathing it to 2/3 being ok with it. Imagine if it was handled properly from the start.

If they are to stay id prefer them to have a lesser effect, keep the balance in check for those who work hard over the long haul.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I quite like them. I'm a player with limited resources to buy gold but lucky enough to be in a busy faction with active players. We've been able get most of these temporary bonuses which have helped us to get bigger and better rewards. There's certainly a bit of rush seeing my stats go through the roof.

However, there will be a crash at some point. Rampant inflation like this can't go on forever. What happens when people start getting stats in the multiple trillions?

Gree have been quite clever with these temporary bonuses. They give intermediate goals during events that make it all more interesting. More incentive to buy gold (which is obviously what Gree want) and a change of pace for a stale game. Communication about it all could have been a LOT better (broken record alert - some things never change)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Temp boosts 'were' an interesting change to the game mechanics, and have allowed our team to complete previously unobtainable goals and units.

However, currently, there are too many, too fast and have completely and thoroughly undermined the tremendous efforts provided by top teams.

I am currently in a top 750 team and a free player. I used to finish normal with a bit to spare. Right now, I'm on track to finishing prestige on all three days free.

If prestige is available to everyone in a descent team that can work together, what's the point of beginner or normal modes?
    With the HUGE stat inflation of this cycle, bonus temp alliance attack, (and current broken raid math), is there anyone you can't successfully attack??

There is no challenge. I can complete all the objectives I want satisfactorily, raid to my hearts content knowing I can/will win. My only issue is my bank roll, but time and patience will fix that on it's own.

Did I just win at MW???

Post Count
    Well I voted no, mainly because I don't fathom why I got a health regen boost when we are not in WD or FL.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I am getting used to the Temp Boost because you can choose to get it or not and it is simple and easy to get.

I like the +1 Building Upgrade as it allowed me an extra building to upgrade for at least 1 WD Cycle.

The +1 and +3 Energy is nice help doing the FLTQs.

The plus side is that i have not had any problems with them so far.

The down side is after WD, my stats goes up very little as opposed to the nice jump before.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    The down side is after WD, my stats goes up very little as opposed to the nice jump before.
    It is not an issue because all lose the temp boosts

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I voted yes. It adds a new aspect to the game which is good. I would like to see them brought down to earth and a higher level prize that locks in a fraction of a boost if you achieve it enough times in a row.

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    The boosts should stay, allows ppl who work hard to have a chance to finish prestige lv ltqs without spending loads of gold and awarding players health regen boosts in wd.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I would like them better if they stayed away from attack. Just give us energy, health, even the building upgrade is nice. I just like to know what my a/d is at any given time.
    I