Calm thought - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should temp boosts remain apart of MW?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they should stay!

93 53.45%
  • No they should go!

81 46.55%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calm thought

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The only boost gree should give should be
    Health time reduction
    upgrade time reduction
    upgrade cost reduction
    building upgrade time reduction
    +1 building upgrade mod(not through ltb preferably)
    stamina regen boost
    energy regen time reduction
    building payout time reduction
    building output boost

No more attack boost please that crap is annoying not knowing what your actual stats are is annoying and finding out at the end of the cycle that you aren't anywhere near what you think you are is a total disappointment, specially for low level players.

it would be better to only give temporary boost for things that dont effect actual attack and defense stats.a

Post Count
    Well a bit indifferent about them now that we all know how they work.

They make the game a little different and unique but the system definitely needs some more work.

The biggest issue right now is that they are simply too easy to obtain (hold on hold on I know I shouldn't ever say such an absurd thing) but the reality is they are. (excluding the one for finishing a lvl 10 upgrade). Look at the current one where you need 4 parts in the LTQ for a 5% health regen. You need what 4,000 energy on day one to complete (even less if you spread it out into days 2 and 3 since gree is offering a total of 12 of them? Now I'm not advocating you should need to use 100k energy to get the prize but less than 4k in 72 hours? If everyone gets the prize then its effect means almost nothing. (assuming a 5% difference will mean anything to begin with...haven't been able to confirm how gree rounds yet)

So first I would say they need to up the difficulty slightly (say maybe 25k would be required in a 3 day event) (put the items more in the middle of an LTQ instead of the beginning)

Also we need more of a Variety. We got what 45-50% health regen? 40+% Alliance attack? +8 Energy Regen and a +1 building upgrade (don't get me wrong most of those are my favorite bonuses of all) but lets mix it up a bit. Maybe a reduction to energy regen time (instead of just +) Maybe an Frontline Bonus....Just small things to refine and work on.
    VFF Legends

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I don't mind that they are here it's just one more mechanic to play with to finish chosen events on time etc.

I do question why bother as it appears stats are now just pointless numbers since I can literally raid anyone and certainly can be raided by anyone. I'm a bit unsure what the point of the game is now.

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    i like the temp boosts, makes it harder for campers to.
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    They should go Asap!!

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Great feedback here! Thanks for all the input.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I like the temp bonuses, it now gives incentives for the free super active players a leg up during the rest of the events. I used to struggle finishing LTQs and now I'll be able to do all 3 days of prestige for free. And now during WD I DON't have to wait 17.5 minutes to hit again, I only need to wait roughly 10.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Great feedback here! Thanks for all the input.
    See what happens when I'm not banned or having my threads/posts removed!. Lol.

Seriously tho, thanks for acknowledging the thread.

Glad to see a presence. Would like to see some action in game, you might need to chuck a big tanny in the office for us...be our voice and represent us as we are!.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodiea View Post
    I would like them better if they stayed away from attack. Just give us energy, health, even the building upgrade is nice. I just like to know what my a/d is at any given time.

Agreed.. they're okay, but just leave attack/defense alone.. who knows what my attack will be Monday at 2:01.. 2.2bil now.. I've went from 800mil to that this cycle but so much of it is fake
    MW: 241-710-189 L176 1.2bil Hard Hatters
    CC: 583-224-464 L108 28/25 Mystery Inc

both top something

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I hate the temp units because everyone has good Heath regen every cycle now when it should be rare to have. Seeings I spent a ton of gold to get mine.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I think the temp bonuses are good, but i'd like them to be rewarded earlier in the events esp the LTB or lockbox events. Since the first couple of lvls of the LTQs have really crappy units they just sat in my inventory doing nothing, now at least some of those lvls give a temporary bonus which is actually useful.

So please make the temporary bonuses earlier in the events, i dont wanna get to lvl14/15 on prestige and get a temp boost, I'd rather get a good unit. Maybe u have a low boost that is obtained in the first few lvls and a better boost midway thru.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I like them in some respect because they provide an opportunity to get bonuses that my llp account would probably normally never be able to get since I am a free player. My concern is with all the attack bonuses offered it I'd making it so easy to raid people much higher stats than you. I get for low stat people that is great but for those of us who have taken the time and put in the effort to build up a good iph it is extremely frustrating to have it stolen by people hundreds of millions if not billions less than you. If it is in fact true that when raiding it is Player A's attack vs Player B's building defense then we need building defense bonuses ASAP and some new stronger defense buildings as well if these temp attack boosts are here to stay.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think there are two camps here...

One are HLPs who have spent a lot of time and effort building their accounts; who would not be in favor of the temp boosts as it evens the playing field.

Two are the newer players (such as myself) who never had the opportunity to pick up health regen or +1 bldg upgrades but now can; and really enjoy these temp boosts.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Seems to be a bit 'all or nothing'. Either every event gives a temp boost (even one which finishes only two days before the WD cycle ends) or else its crap units for everyone.

And what's with the stat inflation this cycle? I'm seeing units appearing in rivals armies with stats over 6,000,000 defence. That's just madness.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I wonder how much difference the actual rewards will make in response to this thread. If the boosts become +atk/def rather than energy, health n building upgrades.

The oldest trick in the book. The bait n switch. It's usually the next step in this process.