Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: PvP broken

PvP broken

Is any one has having this issue, every time now I go up against a pvp and go back to select another pvp match the screen is empty, I'm having to reload the game every time .

Haven't had that one. Doesn't sound like fun.

(See post 1401809 (#8 in this thread.) It's happened to me now too.)
    Last edited by KillerKumaClone; 10-12-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Having the same issue. I have to log out and back in.

Same for me.....😡

Yes, I'm having the same problem which really screws up things since the clock is ticking down.

Same here. Would be nice to have event without some kind of problem...

Same issue...

Just started happening to me. It worked fine up to now. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKumaClone View Post
    Just started happening to me. It worked fine up to now. Weird.
    I've had nothing but praise for this game and gree over the last few months but In the last few weeks this game seems to be full of glitches. Empty PVP screen being the newest one. It feels like gree have given up on improving this game as to me like its goin down hill. And what's with the naff rare units given for a gold key in the reward list, A pathetic kopis is hardly a reward for hours of gameplay!!

I hate defending GREE. So lets just say I'm not. I have friends who are programmers. So I understand what's happening (a bit.) So I'll explain what I think is going on based on knowing "a bit" about what goes on behind the scenes.

They've made quite a number of big changes to the code recently. And it's looking like they've probably been sloppy about testing it too. But when you make major changes, the chances of breaking stuff is pretty high. Especially if you didn't write the code to begin with. From what I understand GREE doesn't make games, they "rescue" or "snatch" them from developers who are failing or have failed (bankrupt.) I could be a little off in that understanding. But basically it seems like they've got their software team trying to fix/improve/maintain and operate a game they didn't make.

That's going to be a process fraught with stumbles as you sort out the issues. Depending on how good or bad the original developer was, GREE could be working with a nightmare. Or GREE could have grease monkeys messing with something a rocket scientist devised. I am not sure if either case strictly applies here. Just saying not all developers are created equal. Even if they're both geniuses, a difference in logic/approach could still make the transition frustrating and introduce a few headaches. It's unlikely they will ever completely recode the game entirely. Primarily that's a fiscal decision. But it's also a practical one. So the original developer's footprints remain: good or bad.

---

This update's major goal was most likely to deal with the cheating issues. The fact that now every time you switch to the game, it reloads the game - that's a security trick (forced recheck/login) that a lot of other games/developers have started using to prevent hacking with background/overlay apps, exploits and tools. It's good to see GREE having adopted this model. Hopefully it has the desired effect on cheating. In the process, they've broken some things. They'll likely sort those out fairly quickly come Monday.

As for the last few weeks. I suspect that some of the glitches we've seen have had to do with trying to operate the existing game whilst in the background preparing a software update. When you've got most of the team/effort focused on the major initiative in the background - stuff slips through the cracks on the front/live end of the current version. Simple really - same staff, more work, split focus - predictable result: oops!

Lets be patient and give them a couple days to hopefully sort out the glitches in this game update. I for one am hoping that this ultimately thwarts the cheaters. That would make the glitches worth the pain.
    Last edited by KillerKumaClone; 10-12-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKumaClone View Post
    I hate defending GREE. So lets just say I'm not. I have friends who are programmers. So I understand what's happening (a bit.) So I'll explain what I think is going on based on knowing "a bit" about what goes on behind the scenes.

They've made quite a number of big changes to the code recently. And it's looking like they've probably been sloppy about testing it too. But when you make major changes, the chances of breaking stuff is pretty high. Especially if you didn't write the code to begin with. From what I understand GREE doesn't make games, they "rescue" or "snatch" them from developers who are failing or have failed (bankrupt.) I could be a little off in that understanding. But basically it seems like they've got their software team trying to fix/improve/maintain and operate a game they didn't make.

That's going to be a process fraught with stumbles as you sort out the issues. Depending on how good or bad the original developer was, GREE could be working with a nightmare. Or GREE could have grease monkeys messing with something a rocket scientist devised. I am not sure if either case strictly applies here. Just saying not all developers are created equal. Even if they're both geniuses, a difference in logic/approach could still make the transition frustrating and introduce a few headaches. It's unlikely they will ever completely recode the game entirely. Primarily that's a fiscal decision. But it's also a practical one. So the original developer's footprints remain: good or bad.

---

This update's major goal was most likely to deal with the cheating issues. The fact that now every time you switch to the game, it reloads the game - that's a security trick (forced recheck/login) that a lot of other games/developers have started using to prevent hacking with background/overlay apps, exploits and tools. It's good to see GREE having adopted this model. Hopefully it has the desired effect on cheating. In the process, they've broken some things. They'll likely sort those out fairly quickly come Monday.

As for the last few weeks. I suspect that some of the glitches we've seen have had to do with trying to operate the existing game whilst in the background preparing a software update. When you've got most of the team/effort focused on the major initiative in the background - stuff slips through the cracks on the front/live end of the current version. Simple really - same staff, more work, split focus - predictable result: oops!

Lets be patient and give them a couple days to hopefully sort out the glitches in this game update. I for one am hoping that this ultimately thwarts the cheaters. That would make the glitches worth the pain.
    A long, detailed answer and I appreciate what your saying. Getting rid of the cheaters is a big priority for most but so is looking after the gamers who love the game. Cheaters have never bothered me personally as theyve never affected my game directly, but having a blank pvp screen, switching from invasion to just pvp does affect my game and 'is' frustrating. I'm not about to bin this game, am still on here daily and I too will 'try to' be patient if my criticism for the last few weeks opens someones eyes at gree then surely only something positive can come out of this. If I didn't want this game to improve I wouldn't be on this forum and would simply delete the game like I have for other pish games.

The only thing that annoys me is that gree get lots of hate for what goes wrong but No recognition for what they do right (except when they introduce a Mega strong new unit). They aren't intentionally mucking things up but their support is horrible. What I've heard is that people that actually get support from gree enjoy it.

Also everyone that complains about their customer service always mentions that they've sent in tons of tickets. Maybe they just ignore people that send in so many tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Obamallama View Post
    The only thing that annoys me is that gree get lots of hate for what goes wrong but No recognition for what they do right (except when they introduce a Mega strong new unit). They aren't intentionally mucking things up but their support is horrible. What I've heard is that people that actually get support from gree enjoy it.

Also everyone that complains about their customer service always mentions that they've sent in tons of tickets. Maybe they just ignore people that send in so many tickets.
    Faster to just ignore all the tickets! :P

Hey guys,

Apologies for the delayed response. The team has been working on this and a fix should be out in the next couple of days.

@KillerKumaClone MunkyFun, the original developer of this game, is still the developer on this game. We work together on creating and bringing you this game.

We are working on making some strong security changes as well as improving the game play experience. We'll have some more awesome-sauce for you soon!

Really! You just said Awesome-Sauce .??? Omg are you a 12 year old girl? This explains a lot.