DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Unit makes Frontline not interesting

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

New Unit makes Frontline not interesting

we are a poor faction (relatively low IPH).
    We are top 400-500 on frontline so far due to a strategy.
    We fought small wars all the time to win second place and get 25 tanks.
    then after saving enough tanks we make a big one.

With this new unit there is no room for strategy.
    If you are low IPH you will not win against high IPH faction.
    The outcome is a fight that is fixed in advance...

Post Count
    Its more than that,
    My LLP dont have enought money to buy tanks. And guess what? the lower unit is a gold one.....marvelous!
    I can't even play! Woohoo!
    MW ID : 733 176 166

If interested :
    send me a pm plz

Post Count
    Gree said in a message that they would use the old units that are gone in another event, possibly a cheaper frontline?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory99 View Post
    Gree said in a message that they would use the old units that are gone in another event, possibly a cheaper frontline?
    then what's the point in screwing half the playerbase over for one event?
    ayy

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Personally, i think its fine. Its a good way to reward those who've either been around for a while and worked on their IPH. They do need to bring back the cheaper money unit, so everyone can fight.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    FA has been an income based event from the start. at least for units. you are still dependent on participation, but the best units were based on in game income (for almost everyone).

gree's modification, with only about 24 hours notice, slammed the folks with low income, that tried to plan ahead. if you have a good income, with some juggling, you can buy the new units and blast away.

but, generally, they slammed the low income (that being many new folks, and some older folks that never thought about leveling buildings)

changing the rules, or units is one thing, but doing it with very short notice is the screwing of customers. if the published the change after the last FA, that would have been the right way to handle the change. folks would have had time to react and plan.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I personally love the change, my mini is in a top 1500 faction and we're doing fine. You guys act like every match-up you're up agsinst a top 50 or higher, just isn't the case. My main is in a top 25 and the competition is even more stiff than my t1500 faction. You will mostly go up against factions with the same abilities as yours, make a new strategy.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Buy cash if you have a crap iPh. Or go raid like everyone else. What do you want gree to do? Give 12k power units for 10k cash? People in top factions have spent 1000s of gold already on this event. Know someone that has spent over 20k. Buy gold if you really want to place higher. Annoys me when people keep posting they whiney threads.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I love the change myself.

Post Count
    I only have a 11m IPH and I haven't had an issue keeping up. Mind you I had 13 billion saved up for a rainy day.

No issue here with the change, just when they did they change.
    TKM - OFFICER

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    When the change happened at the last minute, it was FUBAR.

But they allowed the old tank back into the event. I didn't think I'd be able to do much in way of deployment, but I still scored rather well. I had to because my faction kept minimum points (get them or you're given the boot). I made minimum this morning and have been buying the new gunner unit to replace the old ones used. I'm low iph, but managed.

It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. We are deep sixing a lot of opponents and have won all 5 nodes in all but one match up. We go for 9/9 perfect next.

In many ways the new unit is a big improvement; but Gree's last minute announcement was the SNAFU. We still needed time to adjust, but luckily we all were in it together. It kinda leveled the playing field a bit.

As far as the super low iph guys, they only got ^%$*&^ if they planned to participate. Most don't do much in this event anyway. So not a whole lot of change.

Your faction, if truly as low iph as you say, would truly be an exception to the rule. I don't see anybody coming in 400-500 place and have iph that was really low. But I guess it's perspective and relative.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Oh by the way, my iph is only 3.9 million

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyguy View Post
    Oh by the way, my iph is only 3.9 million
    ONLY 3.9 mil!!!

Mine is under 800k! Try readjusting a strategy with that.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    If you just started playing this game or made a lot of bad choices you shouldn't expect to win all prizes for just showing up. It is a game. And games need winners and you

Post Count
    Yes, gree really screwed us low income players. I finished top 3k last battle with my own faction of 5 players. I'm not even top 8000 this time. Thanks for screwing us gree. Pull your heads out your but and stop being so dang greedy.