Somapura Slam- HELP!!!!

Can't even get started and I'm dead on this level..... Any tips , ideas, or vehicles you might use?

Supply to lvl4, then Persephone (50), then Sejanus (50), then Persephone (50), then Sejanus (50), then Phoenix (50), then Sagittarius (50), then supply lvl5, then repeat.

Nobody else has any ideas? I don't have most, if even half of those vehicles ....

I am also stuck on the 2nd level. It would be nice to hear more suggestions on this

Somapura Slam is where the Orontes comes out to play, right? If so, you need something BIG to just absorb the punishment, like a Janissary. You also cant wait to get supply to level 5 (where I usually like to start); it has to get out there quickly. As its taking the hits (and maybe even killing it) then get supply up and other units out to help. Rocket squads to distract other attackers, and a Sejanus to destroy everything.

I don't have a Janissary. Would the other tanks like it work?

No, there are only a few units that can beat the lvl 43 Orontes. You got the jannisary or the Zhangs, or the Attalus. That's about it.ya really can't come out with a chopper because the Orontes is gonna level your base. It sounds like you hit the wall with your units. Your gonna have to get better units. It happens to all of us. Sompura Slam is no joke, this is by far the hardist mission to date. Feel fortunate you got there with the units you have. Time to dig in. Or as they say "GET SMALL!"
    Killem all
    Let them turn

I think the advice given assumes that you fight with one unit against another sequentially

Why not use two level 50 rare tanks (like the reaper ones) after levelling up to 3 then let the remnants of the one tank left fight on whilst level up to 5 and then continue

That's how I did it

Good idea!! I like that!!

Btw, if you had any trouble passing Sompura Slam and any campaign where you battle an Orontes, your're def not going to pass it now. Forget the double R tank theory, forget the SR Janissary. Options are very limited to take down that Orontes. I happened to get a UR level 30 Attalus in one of the previous events and also a level 30 UR Commoners Revenge. That one two punch works, but cmon, how many players actually have the units I described? However you slice it, this new update has made the R units completely useless. A Common tank is just as effective (or ineffective) as my R Reaping. Sadly, the only folks that can truly flourish in this game are the cheaters/hackers that have the most powerful level 50 UR units. The ones that played this game religiously (like me) are now handicapped by this update.

Another combo that now works is to send out mobile drones (Harvester, Gebel, or Myrmidon) followed by long range artillery (Sejanus or CommRev). Orontes gets taken out with 1 drone and artillery still going strong.
    Last edited by eagleProphet; 11-03-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Prophet, you have to understand that the guy might not have money to purchase gold keys to get the SRs you've described (But excellent tips by the way, I will be using them later when I inevitably face Somapura's Death Drones) Even then, RNG will always be there and screws up the chances of getting a Sejanus or a Harvester squad, instead saying 'lel, let I the great RNGod give this man a useless trinket of a Mehmed'. If he works hard and gets the units you said in events then he may follow your instructions as noted.

For the OP, sorry, I haven't gone up against the missions yet and I do not plan to do so until they change this seriously imbalanced update for the URs so I can't help you out much. One tip I can recommend is to play that mission with a Reaping Truth as a reward, helps out well until you face URs like flies...

Also, how many guys in Destruction. INC spend thousands on this game for the units?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Ross Chin View Post
    Prophet, you have to understand that the guy might not have money to purchase gold keys to get the SRs you've described
    I've never spent any money on this game. I haven't seen the point. The nice thing about LoW is that you're always progressing. The more you play, the more gold and cash and units you receive for free. You are constantly adding and gaining. With a little patience, your army steadily grows stronger and stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleProphet View Post
    I've never spent any money on this game. I haven't seen the point. The nice thing about LoW is that you're always progressing. The more you play, the more gold and cash and units you receive for free. You are constantly adding and gaining. With a little patience, your army steadily grows stronger and stronger.
    Eagle, I agree with you. I've never spent any money either. I have my UR level 30 Attalus and my UR level 30 Commoners Revenge and that's the only reason I can remain competitive. However, we all know that gold chests never give out UR units. Even the SR we may luck on will do nothing with the new update. You literally have to get UR to be able to compete. Let's just say a new player comes along. No way they will spend any money. I'm not sure what Gree's business model is, but this update sure can't attract new paying customers. I highly doubt us more seasoned players will randomly spend dough. I can't say enough how disappointed I am with this update

Kudos to all! This a great thread that I love seeing! Players helping other in the community is what it is all about.