DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI Announced mods from indie placement do not stack

Post Count
    Don't feed the troll.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJess View Post
    Don't feed the troll.
    Actually, he's right. Read the fine print on what you're buying when you get your gold. They explicitly state that you are paying for the gold itself, and you receive no guarantee of any particular benefit from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Oh look the gree staff (weasel / dippy) are at force protecting them.
    Bet you guys love blowin the big boss

Post Count
    Correct, but don't feed the troll.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    http://product.gree.net/us/en/terms

7. Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods

The Service may include Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. You have no right, title or interest in or to any such Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency appearing or originating in the Service except for the following: You will have a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use, solely within the Service, Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency that you have earned, purchased or otherwise obtained in a manner authorized by GREE. GREE may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at any time, with or without notice. GREE shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that GREE exercises any such rights.

The transfer of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods to any person or entity, including but not limited to GREE, another User or any third party.

You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund. You agree that in the event that these Terms of Service, your Account, the Service as a whole or the applicable portion of the Service is terminated or discontinued for any reason, you will forfeit all Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods. GREE will have no liability to you in connection with that forfeiture.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    this has been going on for a very long time, I earned my 2nd executive coupe and didn't gain the modifier as it didn't stack, gree only said it didn't stack after the event finished.
    I don't care if you agree with my opinion, its my opinion so move on and find someone who cares.

rough stats:- level 257 - 9att 4.5def - 322mil iph

Post Count
    Everybody acting like this is something new, look back old double prizes didn't stack look at the coupes mentioned above, so the question is why on earth would you spend a insane amount of money to end at the same prize

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    http://product.gree.net/us/en/terms

7. Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods

The Service may include Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. You have no right, title or interest in or to any such Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency appearing or originating in the Service except for the following: You will have a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use, solely within the Service, Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency that you have earned, purchased or otherwise obtained in a manner authorized by GREE. GREE may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at any time, with or without notice. GREE shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that GREE exercises any such rights.

The transfer of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods to any person or entity, including but not limited to GREE, another User or any third party.

You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund. You agree that in the event that these Terms of Service, your Account, the Service as a whole or the applicable portion of the Service is terminated or discontinued for any reason, you will forfeit all Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods. GREE will have no liability to you in connection with that forfeiture.
    In countries with none or bad protection of consumers, weasel, Gree's terms work. But they will not work fully in EU or in my country. Consumer laws here protect us against terms that are unfair or against local laws. Apple have lost to our laws several times for their terms and had to change them if they wanted to continue selling via app store locally. Im surprised Apple hasnt taken any action yet, it make bad PR for them too

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crobach View Post
    Actually not just SA mods, this also is the case for indy rewards from regular wars.
    It was a indie prize, 12th place and 14% mafia attack mod from a regular war who did not stack for me.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by evj View Post
    In countries with none or bad protection of consumers, weasel, Gree's terms work. But they will not work fully in EU or in my country. Consumer laws here protect us against terms that are unfair or against local laws. Apple have lost to our laws several times for their terms and had to change them if they wanted to continue selling via app store locally. Im surprised Apple hasnt taken any action yet, it make bad PR for them too
    Go ahead and sue. See what happens. But hey, what do I know...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Ok, so let me get this straight.

Weasel and Dippy (and GREE) are saying that because it's "virtual currency", that somehow makes it ok to violate contract law? smh

Analogy:
    I buy 3 goats for 30 USD. That transaction is complete and the property of both parties has exchanged hands (30 USD and 3 goats)

Now I make a contract with someone else, say a shoemaker. He tells me he'll give me a real leather shoe for 1 goat.

We make that transaction, and properties are exchanged under an understanding (a real leather shoe and a goat). I later found out that it wasn't real leather, was a contract not broken?

Of course it was! The shoemaker committed fraud! That's basic contract law, and is a cornerstone for a free society. Laws against fraud.

If am I wrong, then where?

Also, what if I gave the shoemaker was a chicken instead. Didn't I commit fraud in that instance?
    Last edited by TMI; 10-12-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    I make it a rule not to argue the finer points of contract law with people who obviously can't read a contract. Believe what you want. If you whine enough you might even get something out of it. You're still wrong.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    LOL

But please, can someone show where my logic breaks down?

To be specific, I'm speaking of the contract that was for the exchange of x gold for item y.

Thanks

Edit: I re-read and saw Virtual Goods can be deleted as well. GREE is lookin' good (in the USA).
    In my analogy, I tell the shoemaker I'll give him 1 goat, and he'll say that he may or may not give me a real leather shoe. And I still agree to the exchange of goods.
    Last edited by TMI; 10-12-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that that is not a "contract."
    Still mad at Bostick.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    The only thing GREE have to Adhere to Is the issue of gold for the money spent.
    There is no contract or guarantee for anything for your gold after that point.
    I think I'll take the actual lawyers word on this over people who are just clutching at straws.