Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Yes I agree balance is best. But the nature of events within this game tends to tilt the balance a bit.

Im sure im not the only one who had stayed very late because our builds happen to pop them, ruining the next day. Or just staying up because you wanted to be with your alliance during the event start. (BTW I live in aus, so events usually started at 4am) Like im sure every world has their set of top shelf players pumping alot of time and/or money into the game, but who am I to criticize if they can balance their lives.

And don't get me wrong, I had loved Gree games but over time the "events" model has become more and more time intensive. DragCro Sep-2012, I assumed you started playing CC/MW when it was still under the funzio banner? Then, you would have seen a great community and a great game. Events were not the be-all-end-all and stats were not as inflationary, so it suited the casual gamer. Granted it probably didnt earn as much for its developers, but they had a solid player base, why else would Gree have bought them out.

See, all I am saying is that this game was designed to fuel addiction and its very easy to sucked in. So it isnt a bad idea to take a step back now and then to see where you are at. Alot of the time I saw people joke about maxing credit cards on box events/xworld, but sadly there is probably some truth there. Of course if you are just a casual gamer, and proabably just play for the company of your alliance, just disregard everything above, as I generally refer to the perfect100 comm chasers of every world.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-05-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Yes I agree balance is best. But the nature of events within this game tends to tilt the balance a bit.

Im sure im not the only one who had stayed very late because our builds happen to pop them, ruining the next day. Or just staying up because you wanted to be with your alliance during the event start. (BTW I live in aus, so events usually started at 4am) Like im sure every world has their set of top shelf players pumping alot of time and/or money into the game, but who am I to criticize if they can balance their lives.

And don't get me wrong, I had loved Gree games but over time the "events" model has become more and more time intensive. DragCro Sep-2012, I assumed you started playing CC/MW when it was still under the funzio banner? Then, you would have seen a great community and a great game. Events were not the be-all-end-all and stats were not as inflationary, so it suited the casual gamer. Granted it probably didnt earn as much for its developers, but they had a solid player base, why else would Gree have bought them out.

See, all I am saying is that this game was designed to fuel addiction and its very easy to sucked in. So it isnt a bad idea to take a step back now and then to see where you are at. Alot of the time I saw people joke about maxing credit cards on box events/xworld, but sadly there is probably some truth there. Of course if you are just a casual gamer, and proabably just play for the company of your alliance, just disregard everything above, as I generally refer to the perfect100 comm chasers of every world.
    Yes you are right,i started to play the game few months before i joined the funzio forum(back then) and it was a Funzio game and Ka,Mw,Cc,it was a diferent concept of playing i agree,less events and little more strategy,i think back then the main thing was how to upgrade your buildings to max and get strong with good tactics so you can preserve your money for expensive upgrades.Now it is different concept of the game and we have more events but Gree is not to blame here,they listened to some of the players that wanted more events because they had a free time or days passed without events and they wanted to have events to play,i know they were a minority but they were loud in this forum and offcourse that each company want to earn money so that is why we have this much events..
    I belive that with little less events and more strategy introduced into to the game it would be better for most of the players.
    But for know you can all try to find somekind of balance so you have time for everything
    [FK] TITAN

Definitely, props to Gree for a brilliant business model, but personally I felt the event structure has gone over the top. For CC, syndicate wars became the end of the road for me. It was a bit disgusting with syndicates having "minimum spends" for membership as the prizes were literally game changing, rendering all the past items/units redundant.

WoN I always found a very unique device game - a Macro intensive RTS, which no doubt I soon found myself dumping $1k+ into. But the multiworld system creates a dilemma of a constantly diminishing world population, so eventually you end up playing with a small community of players. Alot of world's have this "no-cap rule", which they say helps smaller players grow up, but we all know it's so the top alliance can keep all their precious 34/38s. So with no introduction of new players to challenge and no risk of losing bases, the game has lost its "strategy" sense and become like a Commander collection.

I left the top alliance in my world taking much of their sister alliance and sbs with me. The hope was to create more competition and even out base distribution (The top 2 alliances were allied so the rest of the world were basically BP fodder). Boy were they not happy! Eventually ridiculous rules and caps were imposed on our alliance, to prevent us from ruining their "way of events". So, I guess you can see where a little of my negativity to the game comes from

I am sure alot of other worlds would be similar with the top wanting to stay top, with the elimination of anyone who don't follow their rules. But I always found the extent of time and money that went into getting the very best comms perplexing, so they could further bash their opponents 60s? Most of my money went in early in the world to establish a stronghold of 34/38s, and later into ports for fun. Boosts and comms came naturally with events, as I remember having 60-90% on all boosts which was pretty solid at the time.

Anyway! Going past my ramble.... Basically I always felt constant events always split the field into the committed gamers and average joes, with the latter ending up as those inactive bases you see. I noticed the new stronghold event, which would be the result of the no-cap rule (people wanting a no risk neutral territory to fight in). So, obviously you can see my view is biased, but I do believe the regularity of the events has been taking this game off course.

Oops sorry OP for going off topic!

Back on Topic

At a bar... Playing WoN on iPad... Colleague of opposite sex approaches "Hey, watcha doing?"
    *Quickly hits home button - Taps top left icon*
    "Oh, just checking my mail" *shows mail page*

Having quit WON a while back, I finally saw the ridiculous extent this game's influence had.
    - Taking bus to work instead of driving (to play)
    - Stuck in the hotel for wifi on an overseas vacation (to play)
    - taking ridiculously long no.2s to the extent your legs get a bit numb (to play)
    - Avoid looking at credit card statements, kind of ashamed at the amount that can be put into a game.

I admit the concept of this game was great and addictive, but the cost of time and money to "rule" your own little world was ridiculous. I felt the most fun had, was during the first month of each world where there is a rush of bases and unset alliances. Past that I felt its just money down the drain with people protecting their virtual "assets" and egos.
    Whooh.

It looks like you really had some fun with WoN there.

I have no right to tell others how to run their lives, but I know (being ex-top ranked in W19) the struggle to get perfect LTM comms becomes a bit much at times. The reason I had quit was, the game felt like it was becoming more of a chore than an actual game. Couple that with disagreeable in-game politics and "rules" that I felt was killing the world, it was surprisingly not that hard to leave. I assume anyone on this forum would have devoted quite alot of time to WON, so I can only recommend you occasionally ask yourselves, "am I still having fun?". If the answer isn't yes, perhaps the time and money could be better spent elsewhere.

Just my 2c
    I agree. It is so, so very difficult to get perfect LTM comms. Also, I can relate to your reasoning behind quitting the game.

Back on Topic

At a bar... Playing WoN on iPad... Colleague of opposite sex approaches "Hey, watcha doing?"
    *Quickly hits home button - Taps top left icon*
    "Oh, just checking my mail" *shows mail page*
    Very smooth

One of my members pulled an all nighter for a BB (always those pesky BBs). We cheered him on and kept trying to make him wake up, but the minute he finished with the cap, he conked out and woke up half an hour later for work. He got really grumpy when he woke up, but who wouldn't get grumpy?

Nevertheless, he has one more BB under his belt.