Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How WoN affects your life...

So someone on the Crime City thread came up with the idea of creating a thread devoted to discussing how much the game has affected our lives...Here's one of my stories to start....

For a XWorld, I had to set an alarm every hour to get my attacks in...Brutal.

If anyone wants more stories, just let me know haha.

Collecting builds at red lights then racing to the next one. But officer the ipad was on the passenger seat I wasn't using it.

My best story is porting during a war event whilst the wife is doing some ....... Let's just say she was entertaining herself at my leisure ��

Let's share some more.

My general is an Aussie truck driver. He is very addicted. Let's just say he drives dangerously....

Yes, he has chatted with us while going 100km/hr.

Be nice if we had a calendar to be able to fit game around our lives, with a calendar less people would be leaving so they wouldn't have to wonder what event is next

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Collecting builds at red lights then racing to the next one. But officer the ipad was on the passenger seat I wasn't using it.
    My fellow friends have done that too at one point haha.

Porting on one of the top players WHILE knocking off a convenience store, wearing nothing but a speedo, because this game ain't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by DuRieL's Bananas View Post
    Porting on one of the top players WHILE knocking off a convenience store, wearing nothing but a speedo, because this game ain't cheap.
    That's some hardcore porting there haha.

I was capping a 34 from an enemy and ended up putting my iPad mini in a Ziploc bag to check on my cap while I showered....not the best moment of my life there. (I got it at 23 morale until someone ported and cleared it (( )

Here is one of my story..In Cc and Mw during war time i was awake till 4 am battling every hour that was in beginning,now i battle till 2 am lol..
    One of the moments that i am not proud is that i left the bar and my girlfriend(former)for a moment at 3 am so i can be in the beginning of the war with my team,i sit on the car and played for few minutes than i returned at bar after that,and i think my girlfriend thought i was texting a mistress or something as that lol
    [FK] TITAN

Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    Here is one of my story..In Cc and Mw during war time i was awake till 4 am battling every hour that was in beginning,now i battle till 2 am lol..
    One of the moments that i am not proud is that i left the bar and my girlfriend(former)for a moment at 3 am so i can be in the beginning of the war with my team,i sit on the car and played for few minutes than i returned at bar after that,and i think my girlfriend thought i was texting a mistress or something as that lol
    Haha. Nice one.

At least you are improving your habits and decreasing your play time a few hours

Having quit WON a while back, I finally saw the ridiculous extent this game's influence had.
    - Taking bus to work instead of driving (to play)
    - Stuck in the hotel for wifi on an overseas vacation (to play)
    - taking ridiculously long no.2s to the extent your legs get a bit numb (to play)
    - Avoid looking at credit card statements, kind of ashamed at the amount that can be put into a game.

I admit the concept of this game was great and addictive, but the cost of time and money to "rule" your own little world was ridiculous. I felt the most fun had, was during the first month of each world where there is a rush of bases and unset alliances. Past that I felt its just money down the drain with people protecting their virtual "assets" and egos.

I have no right to tell others how to run their lives, but I know (being ex-top ranked in W19) the struggle to get perfect LTM comms becomes a bit much at times. The reason I had quit was, the game felt like it was becoming more of a chore than an actual game. Couple that with disagreeable in-game politics and "rules" that I felt was killing the world, it was surprisingly not that hard to leave. I assume anyone on this forum would have devoted quite alot of time to WON, so I can only recommend you occasionally ask yourselves, "am I still having fun?". If the answer isn't yes, perhaps the time and money could be better spent elsewhere.

Just my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I have no right to tell others how to run their lives, but I know (being ex-top ranked in W19) the struggle to get perfect LTM comms becomes a bit much at times. The reason I had quit was, the game felt like it was becoming more of a chore than an actual game. Couple that with disagreeable in-game politics and "rules" that I felt was killing the world, it was surprisingly not that hard to leave. I assume anyone on this forum would have devoted quite alot of time to WON, so I can only recommend you occasionally ask yourselves, "am I still having fun?". If the answer isn't yes, perhaps the time and money could be better spent elsewhere.

Just my 2c
    Nobody is asking that a player should stay and play all day,i think it is good to find a balance and to find a moment and for real life and for the game.I think i managed it this time.I find time and for my hobies and to go to movie,drink,socialize and when i am bored or have time during the day i play or i check forum to see what is new..

From my experience every player can find a balance and be happy and with a game and with your time that you spend with family and friends.

In past i quited the game for few months because i was busy and i was tired,got burned out because i was a leader of my guild and wanted to be everywhere at the same time..

Now when i returned and started to play again i did it because i missed some of my friends here and i liked the game too,i am for know managing all because i know now what are my limits and i chose wich events i play,im not chasing stats in the game to be the strongest because then i would not have time for other things,so yes i changed something for better and i am shure you all can do that,find a balance and i wish you to be happy and with the game and with your real lifes
    [FK] TITAN