When Does "Player Appreciation Month" Begin?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Does "Player Appreciation Month" Begin?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Exclamation When Does "Player Appreciation Month" Begin?

I apologize, I swear I am not trying to sound deliberately snarky, but is "Player Appreciation Month" still happening? Thus far, we have one single post, made on September 19th (three weeks ago), encouraging us to "check back often for the most recent news and updates on what's coming up!". The thread was then immediately closed, and not a word has been posted about it since.

Here is what that post announced:

A "fan art contest". There has been one single entry for every single game Gree has to offer.
    Two different "design-your-own" contests. Three entries exist in the "Create-A-Boss" category.

Those two contests listed above and lack of response should be an indicator of how interested your customer base is in that particular idea. It's definitely a fun idea, don't get me wrong, but it's kind of a niche interest and doesn't fit in with "Player Appreciation".

A "player-moderator" program. While I agree these forums DESPERATELY need moderation, it needs to be done by GREE EMPLOYEES...not spokespeople, and definitely not by players. The single most common reason someone comes to these forums is to have a question answered. The second most often is to make a suggestion. You are making it even MORE impossible for either of these things to be done, by putting players in charge who have access to even less information than moderators. You're putting them in an awful position. Please, let's be honest for a moment. On the very, very rare occasion that we receive an answer to a question we ask here, the answer is ALWAYS, without fail, "Let me get in touch with <fill in the blank> and get back to you." There is absolutely never any line of communication between the people who have questions and the people who have answers. This is just putting ANOTHER layer of obstruction between these groups, and letting the "player-moderators" take the brunt of the anger. That's wrong. Can anyone explain why the game developers don't post in the forums, like in every other gaming company, ever? No matter how big or small the company, you see real people with real answers responding to their players. Except, for some reason, for here.

That leads to the next item on the list, the Q&A with the devs. Great idea! Honestly! I'm really looking forward to it! This is something that absolutely needs to happen, and often. A place just to clarify things, make announcements, gather data...awesome. But, um, is this not what was already announced months ago? That the devs would do a Q&A each month, alternating between games? I saw that happen one time, in Modern Warfare. It was posted on Gree's blog, and it was interesting to read. I don't remember seeing it posted in the forums. Then never, ever again. I hope this time this actually happens, but I have reason to doubt: you promised the same Ask The Devs event for EVERY GREE GAME this month! We can't get one answer in one game from the developers without going through layers of tickets and community management, but the devs are going to be able to do a Q&A with every single game this month? I genuinely hope so, that would be great. But it kind of begs the question of why they will never talk to us at any other time.

Finally, we are told of "Free Goodies" and "New Game Content". We're a week into October, and there hasn't been any. The quests for this cycle appear the same as always...a GLTQ, lockbox, epic boss, raid boss, and the trials goal from last month.

Where are the fun new things? The goodies? The fun atmosphere? It doesn't feel like anything at all is being done, and that's sad. I genuinely thought you'd do something fun each week like putting out a long-desired building type, or new troops, or weapons and armor quests that don't cost a thousand dollars, new methods of doing things, or new types of activities or quests, or...ANYthing, really.

Instead, we've gotten the usual. Ignored, told that someone needs to talk to someone else, etc. It would be a huge morale booster for us to be actually appreciated. It feels like no one put any thought into this at all, and it shows. Please, do SOMETHING. October only has so many days.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Very well written, i totally agree. Thanks Avatar.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well put, Avatar, n totally agree.. to be fair to Gree, we _have_ got one "goodie" in october... the scratcher prize units have had their stats inflated, i.e. a 4 match gets you a low 5-figure stat unit

Post Count
    You don't need to apologize for anything and I understand and agree on most of the things.

As for moderators i think they will be here just to see if the rules of forum are not broken by any post from a member of the forum.Admins that are Gree employers will be here and i am shure they will answer to questions about the game.As for mods they will be just a help to admins so they can have time for answering the questions or helping with issues..This is my guess..

I sended a application to be a mod but i did that because i want to help and i helped and from before with things that I as a long time player know,and i am really here from the start of the game when it was Funzios.Its not that i have a lots of time in my hands but i like to read the forum.

This forum was great at begginings,some of the members of the forum was mods in past as Hello Kitty and she helped a lot of people .We had great members here as Funkey Monkey,Yl,Dexter Morgan,Wolverine,Chimera,Bronson and many more,sorry if i forgot to mention somebody but most of them are now retiered !

So it is not true that players can't help players,some players know more than others,offcourse that Gree employee know the most and i agree that admin should remain a Gree employee..

As for other contest that i applied, i did that for my pleasure a not so much for the reward.I am artist i like to make things with my hands.
    So it wasnt so hard to think on what to draw and it didnt took a lot of time to make it..

Most of you like to complain and the forum for you exists mostly for that,so if admin gived you a chance to have a little fun with contests why aren't you doing it just for fun of it?!

You all take things to seriously and you forgot that this is a game and this where are you now posting is a game forum so relax a little and enjoy,make the forum as it was a place to help others and to have a little fun!

And i agree with you about new content that is not yet released in october,i want them too as soon .
    But announcement and release are two diferent things and i am shure when they are ready they will release it!
    Last edited by DragCro; 10-07-2014 at 04:09 AM.
    [FK] TITAN

Post Count
    The month has begun, player appreciation however, will never...

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Thanks for putting together such a well worded post. The month is just beginning and there are currently several contest running. The new features should be released this month, but we can't announce too much just yet. Now, let's talk about some of your other concerns you've brought up.

Contests:

We created many of these contest because we do want you to have a say in the game development. These are a direct and fun way to control at least one event that is coming in the future. The response to these types of contest are typically much better. The response is a simple signal of how much work we have to do to help you all feel better in the future. This is going to take a long time; earning your lost trust will not be easy and is a very long road. We are up for task, but this isn't going to happen over night. We will have a lot bumps in the road; ups and downs; but we are willing to work with you the community in bringing back a place you enjoy. That being said, it will be harder to have these contests in the future with this type of prizing if we don't have any entries.

The Forum Moderator Program:

As DragCro pointed out, the moderators will not be admins and will mostly have access to help cut down on the cursing, name calling, insults, etc. Players can help players and play a vital role in the feel and atmosphere of the community. The more time we spend editing posts, locking threads, etc. is less time we have that we can be working on information and planning to help make this a better place. A place where you feel appreciated 100% of the time. We have a long way to go and appreciate the community's help on making this a better experience. Y'all are the heart and soul. The experts and the most hardcore.

Game developers rarely (like MEGA rarely) post in the forums for any game company. This usually only happens with smaller, indie type studios. Yes, we need to tighten our lines of communications internally to ensure that we have answers for you quickly and accurately. Items such as a bug in an event are always going to take a little more time as they are unknown until the reports from players start coming in. But we should be able to answer your gameplay, feature, mechanics questions in an accurate and swift manner.

The Dev Q&A:

This event will be done in real time and is very different from the Monthly Dev Q&A. We will be announcing times for these events soon. The reason you have not seen the Monthly Dev Q&A recently is because it took us 6 weeks to produce the MW one. Until we are confident we can produce these on a two week deadline as promised, we will be holding off. Once we have this fixed internally, we will be launching this full scale. Apologies that the promise for this has fallen short along with many others.

New Content and Goodies:

Patience, as you said, we're only one week into the month. We still have time.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Thank you very much for the complete and honest responses, Tadaaah. I very much appreciate it, and I think a lot of others will too.

Post Count
    Yes,thanks Tadaah for the post here.
    As always you are doing a good job!
    [FK] TITAN

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    First many thanks AvatarTBS... Your post is spot on. Now I need to add to it with a bit of a ON-GOING complaint.

Hello GREE,

You continue to overlap events that use the SAME resource. This is extremely frustrating.... We are knee deep into the GLTQ (Autumnal Aura). We still have 1 day left in that event, but you have now started the Graveyard Trials. This might have been ok to manage, but you made the first day event a 1-day event. So now our guild has to decide to try to finish the GLTQ or let the members go for the individual trial event. It is nearly impossible to do both. This is the kind of actions that break-trust not build it. Please GREE help your customers, STOP overlapping same-resource events (in this case its the use of energy).

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattman@WLD View Post
    First many thanks AvatarTBS... Your post is spot on. Now I need to add to it with a bit of a ON-GOING complaint.

Hello GREE,

You continue to overlap events that use the SAME resource. This is extremely frustrating.... We are knee deep into the GLTQ (Autumnal Aura). We still have 1 day left in that event, but you have now started the Graveyard Trials. This might have been ok to manage, but you made the first day event a 1-day event. So now our guild has to decide to try to finish the GLTQ or let the members go for the individual trial event. It is nearly impossible to do both. This is the kind of actions that break-trust not build it. Please GREE help your customers, STOP overlapping same-resource events (in this case its the use of energy).
    Individual DAILY Trial Event are just 24h events with a stupid Crate as reward, so there is no issue or need to complete it every day!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GetItFixed View Post
    Individual DAILY Trial Event are just 24h events with a stupid Crate as reward, so there is no issue or need to complete it every day!
    Those crates and materials you will need for crafting
    [FK] TITAN

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GetItFixed View Post
    I will offer, the prize is immaterial to the actual point I was making... Sadly, and once again, you try to water down someone else's point with a flippant remark that masks your true intent. sigh...

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattman@WLD View Post
    I will offer, the prize is immaterial to the actual point I was making... Sadly, and once again, you try to water down someone else's point with a flippant remark that masks your true intent. sigh...
    I wasn t! It was my mistake i wasn t aware that the crates offer supplies u need for future crafting. I assumed it was just a common Crate that offers a 1k unit. If you don t like my posts and think they all are useless and please feel free to block me and my posts won t show up for you.

I am sick off all this! Thx

And my true intension is, that i want a game without bugs, glitches and with a working support, that really cares about the costumers.
    Last edited by GetItFixed; 10-07-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    Those crates and materials you will need for crafting
    Yes, i wasn t aware of it, until i finished the quest. This may happen when Gree changes things and don t give us a heads up.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree, it is hard to feel "appreciated" when already we have an overlap of quests using same resource as stated, energy. Why not just wait one more day before starting it, or giving us mini bosses, something that uses stamina instead? Please explain to us what crafting will be, how important is it to try to get every crate? Will it cost gold, should the guilds be telling players to save instead of donate? Is crafting for this month only or will it be ongoing? (would be great to know) What will we make? Units, armor, weapons, unit armor/weapons?
    The more we know, the less stress, I am already biting fingernails due to how slow my iPhone 4 runs since last update, and the bouncing around trying to do a level 3 trial from map to map is taking up a lot of time.