Ability Points Reallocation - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ability Points Reallocation

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    More or less brainstorming for ideas to present to the teams to create a stronger stance. Trying to imagine hypothetical conversations and a range of responses, then create responses to those responses to try and push a feature that has come up more than numerous times here in the forums.

Working on games in the past, I've seen this feature come into play in a number of different ways. So trying to find some balanced middle ground. Maybe when it's first introduced you have a one time, limited time use; then it goes into the store so you can't abuse the feature?

That is perfect in my view. When it is first released, let everyone reassign their skill points one time for free however they like. Then, going forward, let people reassign all their skill points for 50 gold, like changing your nation flag or game name. A 50-gold purchase would set all allocations to 0 and put all your skill points back in "available skill points" to be distributed.

edit - simply making the attack and def points suddenly valuable in the game doesn't solve it, because then you'll have the other side very upset for having all their points stuck in energy. However, if the game allows for re-allocation, then changing the usefulness of the different skills in game would have less negative impact.
    Last edited by Kefa; 10-07-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    That is perfect in my view. When it is first released, let everyone reassign their skill points one time for free however they like. Then, going forward, let people reassign all their skill points for 50 gold, like changing your nation flag or game name. A 50-gold purchase would set all allocations to 0 and put all your skill points back in "available skill points" to be distributed.

edit - simply making the attack and def points suddenly valuable in the game doesn't solve it, because then you'll have the other side very upset for having all their points stuck in energy. However, if the game allows for re-allocation, then changing the usefulness of the different skills in game would have less negative impact.
    Excellent additional point kefa

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Additional thought (This is under the assumption I understand the problem correctly: is you all think ATK and DEF mean nothing):

Who is to say that those stats will never mean anything (in more obvious ways)? Just food for thought.
    ^ Yes, I assume that ATK and DEF ultimately have very little effect on the game play, and, I am very hopeful that I'm wrong

Post Count
    More or less brainstorming for ideas to present to the teams to create a stronger stance. Trying to imagine hypothetical conversations and a range of responses, then create responses to those responses to try and push a feature that has come up more than numerous times here in the forums.

Working on games in the past, I've seen this feature come into play in a number of different ways. So trying to find some balanced middle ground. Maybe when it's first introduced you have a one time, limited time use; then it goes into the store so you can't abuse the feature?
    Thank you for this sound answer. Many of us who started out playing a while back were given the understanding that A/D Skill points helped in battle. Based upon that information I allocated 250 skill points to A/D.

Apparently now that is no longer the case. So we have two options.

a) allow us to reallocate our skill points one time. (Lets not make it a everyday thing for the rich and famous)

b) make A/D skill points relevant. (With some idea given to us on how they work so that we are not just blindly allocating points to A/D with no idea if there is a benefit.)

Again thank you for at least acknowledging that we have a real concern and I encourage you to get the powers that be, to actually address this long festering issue.

Utisz

"Θάνατος Πριν Την Ατίμωση"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Additional thought (This is under the assumption I understand the problem correctly: is you all think ATK and DEF mean nothing):

Who is to say that those stats will never mean anything (in more obvious ways)? Just food for thought.
    Yes the current issue is that A/D do not work as announced in game. Everyone that has allocated points to this skill set has essentially lost them.

Even if you do make then relevant, depending on HOW they become relevant, a skill reset is still in order. Maybe someone who had put them all in ATK would now want them to be put under DEF because of the new way the skills are used.

Also, those who have started their accounts after the problem was made public would have zero points allocated here...so they to would be frustrated if ever they did have a purpose again.

Cliffs: in all situations, a change in game mechanics should allow past players to adjust.

As for store item, i do believe that having it in there for 50-100 gold would be a good idea, once we all get a chance at a FREE skill reset.

Gold players could then buy these items and allocate points based on event, ie all energy for ltqs, all stamina if ever PvP events come back, a/d for WD.

Post Count

They don't now...how can a person with a 1/4 the attack stats of my defensive stats raid my base and be successful 29/30 times when I have 185 def skills points to his 25 att skill points. Clearly they mean nothing, it's just bad programming.

I for one would be more than happy for a one-time (FULL) redistribution of skill points (not just a set amount)

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

I have very limited skill point in attack/defence (30 on each) and i've never been disadvantaged in attacking/raiding
    FIGS

-Kill Yo Self-

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'll set up a poll to see what percentage of people would like a one off free reallocation, followed by further reallocations costing 50 to 100 gold

Please make your vote.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thank you for the response and I am all for the one time free and pay after how soon
    Can we hope for this soon please before fltq after all it is player appreciation month

Banned
    Post Count
    You had me until the pay after part. Unless something is done to limit it, I see it becoming a big headache down the line.

Consistent Contributor Veccster's Avatar
    Post Count
    I posted in the POLL thread as to why I don't think it's fair to have a reset...whether you pay or not.

It's the decision you made and, as the game evolved, it became the wrong decision. How about the players that started 3 years ago and made the VERY LUCKY decision to not put anything into A/D. Is it fair for them?

I started a new profile so that I could do it right the 2nd time.

There are decisions that we make in this game that are going to pay off and others that won't pay off.
    I would LOVE to have back all the upgrade time I have invested into the currently useless Defense Buildings. But that wouldn't be fair.
    I would LOVE to have back all the money I initially spent on low stat units that used to have a meaning in this game. But that wouldn't be fair.

The only reason you want the reallocation is because it will benefit your individual armies. So your poll is going to lean toward that. People vote YES because they are thinking of themselves and not what is fair to the majority.
    Proud Member of ENGLAND'S WAR MACHINE!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
    I posted in the POLL thread as to why I don't think it's fair to have a reset...whether you pay or not.

It's the decision you made and, as the game evolved, it became the wrong decision. How about the players that started 3 years ago and made the VERY LUCKY decision to not put anything into A/D. Is it fair for them?

I started a new profile so that I could do it right the 2nd time.

There are decisions that we make in this game that are going to pay off and others that won't pay off.
    I would LOVE to have back all the upgrade time I have invested into the currently useless Defense Buildings. But that wouldn't be fair.
    I would LOVE to have back all the money I initially spent on low stat units that used to have a meaning in this game. But that wouldn't be fair.

The only reason you want the reallocation is because it will benefit your individual armies. So your poll is going to lean toward that. People vote YES because they are thinking of themselves and not what is fair to the majority.
    I voted no in the poll, for all of the reasons you just posted. Instead of reallocation, simply put skill points to use, equally. "Use" is very loose term. The following is my logic;

Purpose (and reward) for energy: If ALL skill points used exclusively here, the reward is the ability to finish LTQs and receive the bonuses and rewards for doing so.

Purpose (and reward) for stamina: If ALL skill points used exclusively here, the reward is not what it once was with PVP tournaments.

Purpose (and reward) for Attack: If ALL skill points used exclusively here, the reward should be reflected in a player's ability to successfully attack (not raid) a stronger rival.

Purpose (and reward) for Defense: If ALL skill points used exclusively here, the reward should be reflected in a player's ability to successfully defend against a stronger rival's attack.

There are 4 skills, and each should have their own, unique, and equal benefit.

Banned
    Post Count
    I have to disagree with your basic premise. While your examples of defense buildings and weak units aren't untrue, the fact is at those times you made those choices, there was a benefit. There still is a benefit, although maybe not much of one. They may not be the value they once were, but they still perform exactly the way they were designed to. When you talk about a/d skill points, the fact is they are broken, and as such offer nothing at all. Not because the game has evolved, as in your other examples, but because of a fundamental flaw in the programming. Anyone who made the "right" choice 3 years ago isn't punished in any way if they are reset.

However if a reset is in order, it must not happen unless the ability to use them for a/d is either fixed or removed. Otherwise this issue will just keep rearing it's head.

Consistent Contributor Veccster's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm. J(K96) View Post
    I have to disagree with your basic premise. While your examples of defense buildings and weak units aren't untrue, the fact is at those times you made those choices, there was a benefit. There still is a benefit, although maybe not much of one. They may not be the value they once were, but they still perform exactly the way they were designed to. When you talk about a/d skill points, the fact is they are broken, and as such offer nothing at all. Not because the game has evolved, as in your other examples, but because of a fundamental flaw in the programming. Anyone who made the "right" choice 3 years ago isn't punished in any way if they are reset.

However if a reset is in order, it must not happen unless the ability to use them for a/d is either fixed or removed. Otherwise this issue will just keep rearing it's head.
    True but are you able to 100% verify that there was absolutely no benefit EVER to this part of the game. Perhaps in the first couple months of the game, having a few points over a rival made a difference?? I don't think anyone but the programmers and developers can confirm that it's a "flaw in the programming". I assume that at some point somewhere along the way, there was a strategy and benefit behind A/D skill allocations. Much like defense buildings, it got lost in the excessive inflation we have seen.

I'll agree though that low stat units still do have meaning for levels < 5.

Defense building do nothing to protect buildings....even for levels < 5. I have a drone account that gets raided by lower stat players and have defense buildings protecting those output buildings.
    Proud Member of ENGLAND'S WAR MACHINE!

Banned
    Post Count
    Well, the defense building thing gets all rolled up into the current larger issue of anybody being able to raid anybody else.