Ability Points Reallocation - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ability Points Reallocation

Post Count
    So why can't gree do something about this? I have 300 useless skill points invested in attack and defence and it does absolutely nothing. If was the wiser when started would have put more in energy and stamina.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ivez View Post
    So why can't gree do something about this? I have 300 useless skill points invested in attack and defence and it does absolutely nothing. If was the wiser when started would have put more in energy and stamina.
    simple.. They don't give you what you want in the hope that you decide to create a new energy focused LLP. Then before you know it you are spending on both. Six months down the line a new PvP event requires a shed load of stamina and again you are left wishing

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I would like an option to change my skill points as well. I would be happy to agree to a free first time and an x-amount of gold to do it in the future. Im sure gree will make money with that option as well. I too have many allocated skill points in attack and defense due to the fact of not knowing that they are as useless as defense buildings at the moment. I also spent many skill points in stam (2+yrs ago) during the pvp events to get battle points then those events were removed and I have a ton of extra that I rarely get to use. I loved those events and missions to raid other bases as well (attack supply depot 10x etc) but they were removed. Now its all about energy. If we had a way of reallocating skill points then as these game changes are made we would have a way of adapting with the game instead of a "sorry about your luck, start a new account". For those that will disagree, this is just my opinion.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Give people a token once a year to make the changes. They can use their token right away or save their tokens and use it at a later time.

Gree picks a date. It can be your anniversary date or a specific date Gree decides upon, like Jan. 1st.

The token is issued on that day and is good for only 1 year. When the date comes around again the following year, all unused tokens expire and Gree issues new tokens, again good for only 1 year.

Everybody gets 1 chance per year to make changes as they see fit.

No one can abuse or hoard or buy too many tokens. The tokens are free and only good for 1 time use for a year.

How does that sound?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    Give people a token once a year to make the changes. They can use their token right away or save their tokens and use it at a later time.

Gree picks a date. It can be your anniversary date or a specific date Gree decides upon, like Jan. 1st.

The token is issued on that day and is good for only 1 year. When the date comes around again the following year, all unused tokens expire and Gree issues new tokens, again good for only 1 year.

Everybody gets 1 chance per year to make changes as they see fit.

No one can abuse or hoard or buy too many tokens. The tokens are free and only good for 1 time use for a year.

How does that sound?
    This is a great idea and fair to everyone!! +1

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Tadaaah.................?????

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    A friendly bump, as to not get lost in the shuffle.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    No update on this right now. The teams focus are on other topics.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I Will Merc You View Post
    A friendly bump, as to not get lost in the shuffle.
    Lets keep this one alive.

I think we can discuss the pros and cons of such a possibility to make changes to something that has become useless.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    Lets keep this one alive.

I think we can discuss the pros and cons of such a possibility to make changes to something that has become useless.
    Hey Rolinz

I'll bump it every couple of weeks

I guess it's fair when Tadaaah states they're working on other stuff like the update issues.

R

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Here is the argument I have in favor of refunding All Skill points to every single account that were spent on Attack and Defense bonuses :

When we started playing this game - we were told that the Attack / Defense skill points were part of some Ramdom Roll of a multiplier dice for both the attacker and defender and those points would come into play on the outcome of each Attack. I,will have to go look up and referemce the "Things we learned from Chef Pepe" where CCMark (Jarod) - the original Community Service Rep for Funzio - came in person to our SoCal Modern War meet-up and gave us some very informative answers to our very pointed questions on the mechanics of the game.

So those of us who paid attention to those explanations - began to plan our long term player accounts on which ever strategy we felt best suited our playing style. I personally am not one to do a lot of raiding so I focused over 300 skill points on defense to try and make myself an "untasty target" for those accounts with bigger stats that tried to take a bite out of my account. Others who were very aggressive Raiders placed a lot of points on Attack.

So based on what I've stated so far - we played the game the way YOU told us it was to be played.

Then comes along a lot of Hackers who manipulated their accounts to have over a million Attack points and over a million defense points. We were then told you tried and tried to close all of the holes in the game that allowed the Skill point hackers to manipulate their game - even one point dilsplaying the constantly changing Attack / Defense results after the Random Dice Roll / skill point results - which quickly allowed us as players to visually SEE the impact of the skill points and quickly spot those who were cheating the skill point algorithm.

So HERE is the part that has to be fair:

YOU changed the underlying mechanics of the game when you completely disabled the Attack / Defense Skill points thus changing the entire player investment in skill points up to that point.

We didn't change anything - you did - so given that fact - the only fair resolution over a year ago would have been to completely refund all skill points spent on Attack and Defense and allow us to place them where we wanted between the two remaining functioning skill point options : Energy / Stamina.

Some people may still hold on to those skill points in the hopes that some day - the developers will find a way to lock out skill point hackers and return the intended function to the game (which would actually bring a welcomed strategic Element back to the game) - in which case - perhaps another skill point reset would be appropriate.

So for anyone claiming a skill point reset would somemo's be "unfair" or somehow skew the dynamics of the game - GREE already did that to those of us who invested skill points before hackers caused those skill points to become irrelevant. We are now simply asking for the obvious / easy fix to this player in-Justice.

I am open to any Intellegent counter argument that would override the above explanation / logical solution.
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Here is the thread where CCMark (Jarod) came in person to the SoCal Meet-Up and gave us an advanced understanding of the role that Attack / Defense Skill points played in each Attack.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...l=1#post370427

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post

The word we got on the Skill points is that they are times a specific un-named multiplier that gets added to all of your final boosted stats - then there is the "random" multiplier added or subtracted after ALL that.

For argument's sake: Say your boosted Attack is 50k going up against someone with a boosted defense of 50k.

The attacker has say 90 to attack skill points and lets say the defender has a defense skill point accumulation of 110.

For our example - lets assume the multiplier is 500 - so ADD 45,000 to the attacker and 55,000 to the defender - so NOW the battle stats are 95k attack against 105k Defense

BUT WAIT: Now there is this TOTALLY RANDOM percent wheel that spins independently for each player - so for our example - lets say the attacker gets a -10% and the defender gets a +25%

So for the first battle - the end result is 85,500 attack against 125,125 defense and the defender WINS!

On the second battle - the RANDOM spin yields a + 30% to the attacker and a -20% to the defender for a final battle result of 123,500 and the defender ends up with 84,000 and this time the attacker wins.

THIS is the way i comprehended what Mark told us and my math is off the top of my head so forgive me if I'm off a little - but you get the point that the Skill points DO matter - but there is this "random" multiplier with each and every attack independently for each player that can totally change the end result.

Wheww - now chew on that for a minute and lets see some 5000 character analysis

Summary of the explanation if you don't want to wade through the entire thread
    Last edited by Mcdoc; 11-13-2014 at 04:32 AM.
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/