Ability Points Reallocation - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ability Points Reallocation

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    basically defense in this game is just a joke. You don't really have any defense at all since anyone with almost any stats can raid your buildings.

My question is why do we keep playing? With broken game mechanics and no plan from Gree if you're spending money on this game you're might as well use it in your fireplace for heat. There is NO VALUE for anything you buy in game since there is no clear game mechanic set out in advance.

At this point I think I've logged in about 10 times a month unless we have a faction event then I play to support the faction but even then I'm barely involved. I've just moved on to other games that actually have plans, mechanics that don't change and communication with players. MW was potentially the best game too bad they just hooped it into a piece of crap.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Please do not suddenly turn on skill points. 6 accts, 15 months of active daily play, and I believe Gree's worst hour was when W/o notice on a Thursday b4 WD, Gree suddenly made saved Valor the single most important decision a player could have made. Dumb players didn't spend their valor, and suddenly vaulted over those who had smartly played by Grees rules and spent it all on units with stats of 45, and I don't mean thousands, but 45.

All the smart planning, strategy, gold spending and such meant nothing at all. Nothing. Screw us for trying. The only thing that mattered was whether one hadn't spent their near useless valor yet prior to that particular Thursday. That arbitrary. That's not a game. That's just random happenings. And many of our officers, Leader and mbrs quit w/in 3 days of that horrible decision and how badly it was implemented. Gree should have converted prior bought units to the 500 times new units. And now Tadaaah, you propose to do that again with skill points. No way.

Smart players either didn't take any skill points, or like me, bought them early on believing no game designer would be so stupid and lazy as to design 1/2 the level up rewards choices have no function at all, and not even put in a warning or say so in this forum. But that is what happened.

Suddenly turning on skill points says to the smart players, you were stupid for knowing better, stupid for seeking out the game rules and playing by them, so now we will punish you severely and elevate the idiot players with 110 defense points and only 800 energy above you just as we did with the Valor fiasco.

Gree screwed up by having them, never making them work, and NEVER admitting to it. Either leave them nonfunctional and remove as a choice, or let us make a 1 time reallocation but ONLY AFTER you clearly announce what the new game rules will be, so informed choices can be made to recover from a major game design flaw, and subsequent cover up.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have 6 accts with a wide range of A and D Skill points. There is absolutely no detectable difference between my acct w 87 Attack and my acct with zero Attack skill points. None at all, not on raids Attacks or farming for folders. Nada Bing, Nada Boom!

Those with only 1 acct often convince themselves they must do something, because how else could it be possible in this or any other game to lose to someone with 500M lower defense??? It is possible because their is no connection, and that illogic should surprise no one reading this, am I right, lol. Gree designed in a gynormous randomness factor in raids and Attacks that is the real culprit. Don't believe me, then go raid someone right now whose defense is 3 times your Attack. I guarantee you will win! I win raids every time lately with 1/3rd the Attack needed, whether my acct w 87 attack points or my acct with zero Attack points, makes no difference.

Tadaaah, I know you were trying to be all mysterious, but please don't post misdirections such as, "how do we know?" We know! The best thing to do is come clean, full mea culpa, and only implement a change if, and only if, it does not unfairly penalize or those who had the correct knowledge and made correct use of that knowledge. That does not retroactively alter the balance of the game.

Tadaaah, if Gree simply must, then 1st level the playing field. Transfer EVERYONE's A and D skill points to energy, then implement any new rules prospectively, so their are no winners or losers (except every single player at lvl 300) of a purely arbitrary and utterly unfair mid game rules change, as Gree horrifically did with the Valor fiasco before you hired on here. Dont suddenly turn bad game decisions to stock up on useless A and D into great decisions, and vice versa.
    Last edited by Splat!; 10-09-2014 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yeah there are bigger issues in the game then some skill points. Any other role playing game out there say the player had 5,000,000 defense and you had 4,999,999 attack you would lose every hit. It's BS. No to mention the percentages on unit mods not adding up. That's what we should be fighting for here....

Post Count
    Hmmm interesting... Hope something will change soon.
    Awesome thread.
    And give leaders a reset fac points / donations button while changing the game.

Get it done asap plz

Consistent Contributor Baltimore Bully's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by headfaction View Post
    Yeah there are bigger issues in the game then some skill points. Any other role playing game out there say the player had 5,000,000 defense and you had 4,999,999 attack you would lose every hit. It's BS. No to mention the percentages on unit mods not adding up. That's what we should be fighting for here....
    Exactly what I've been thinking about! Finally someone said it. I'm sick of getting beat by players with way less attack then my defense. Gree change this!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Id like to see def and attack points giving a straight out percentage gain ie every point spent gives 0.5% gain. It would allow greater customization of your account.

Id also like the Ability to change this via gold but there should also be a time limit ie cant change more than once a cycle to stop abuse

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    This is still in discussion. We don't have anything definitive yet, but there are some other items in the works right now to help with this as well. We can bring up the topic again.

It's possible this could end up being an item in the shop. Thoughts?
    Item in shop?
    Like unit that gains stats by your ATT/DEF?

Ie. Unit Att = 1.000.000 times your Att points
    Unit Def = 1.000.000 times your Att points
    N0 L1F3 G4M3R

Modern War:
    G 350-159-159

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This is still in discussion. We don't have anything definitive yet, but there are some other items in the works right now to help with this as well. We can bring up the topic again.

It's possible this could end up being an item in the shop. Thoughts?
    Hi Tadaaah, I've left it another month since this post was up, have you guys made any decisions yet?

Thanks

Rob

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Wouldn't hold my breath on this one. With latest round of defective updates, shutting players out of their games, it won't matter.

Post Count
    Attack and def skill points actually do 'work' just not the way you would think they should because they do not. But depending on how you allocated them they do seem to make a difference during WD.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    interesting thread.... I would like to see any change in this skills points badly allocated... I've 96 in attack... and it seams they don't work... I'm loosing fight against players that have less def than my att... so this is really strange!

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Additional thought (This is under the assumption I understand the problem correctly: is you all think ATK and DEF mean nothing):

Who is to say that those stats will never mean anything (in more obvious ways)? Just food for thought.
    My suggestion is to make them good for something. have these points be a multiplier for alliance attack and defense % so 1 attack skill gives 1% alliance attack and so on. or even better have them multiply by the player level in a way. like level/100* attack/defense skill

for example, a level 250 would have 2.5%*(number of skill points) attack added per attack skill. so if he has 30 skill points on attack he will have 75% added to attack, or if he puts another 30 on defense, he would have another 75% on defense. and every time he leveled up, he would gain a little bit of stats based on that .01 percent per level that he gets, multiplied by number of skills. so if he puts on 100 skills on attack or defense, he gets 1% extra per level(meaning a total on the example before, 250 percent at level 250, and 251 percent at level 251) that might seem like a lot of attack and defense added all at once, but if you combine that with the option for all the players who didn't invest in attack or defense skills to do so, it would make leveling up desirable again, as it would add a percentual to their attack and or defense based on how many points they have invested there. that's it, people will have to stop complaining about leveling up, AND will stop complaining about their skill points being meaningless. big jump i know, but everyone gets it.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I think when Gree changes their algorithm, aka Gree Math, they should give us a token to be able make the change. We decide when to use it.

When they change things up again, we get another token, to use or save for later.

We also don't want to make it complicated in how things are computed. Things get easily screwed up when you do that.

Just my 2 cents.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This last war I happened upon many disappointing losses that should have been wins while attacking. While Android falters in so many aspects of MW gameplay equalization (having to find the name in the opposing faction list of up to 60 names EVERY health refresh, to name the obvious), the display of attack and defense skill points on attacks brings this issue to obvious light. When I attack someone with 2.94B atk and 170 atk points, but lose to their 2.4B def and 10 def skill points, that is an outright insult, and when I assume it was a fluke and lose again, that is downright pathetic. If you make them actually do something, fine. But with all the focus on FLTQ for massive units recently, I'd rather have an additional 2000+ energy pool to work with.