DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ability Points Reallocation

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Yes, More energy please.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    This is still in discussion. We don't have anything definitive yet, but there are some other items in the works right now to help with this as well. We can bring up the topic again.

It's possible this could end up being an item in the shop. Thoughts?

Post Count
    Absolutely shocking that Gree will give us a chance to redistribute our skill points if we are willing to pay for it! Always squeezing every nickel you can. Thank you but no Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Absolutely shocking that Gree will give us a chance to redistribute our skill points if we are willing to pay for it! Always squeezing every nickel you can. Thank you but no Gree.
    ^ this is not a time to be counter-productive.

Tadaaah, thank you for your post. Very curious to see how a shop item can correlate with skill points. Could you possibly elaborate a little bit, or, is it still too soon in the development to begin throwing out ideas? Again, thank you for your response, and I am very interested to see where this leads!

Post Count
    Spoken like a Gree employee.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I Will Merc You View Post
    ^ this is not a time to be counter-productive.

Tadaaah, thank you for your post. Very curious to see how a shop item can correlate with skill points. Could you possibly elaborate a little bit, or, is it still too soon in the development to begin throwing out ideas? Again, thank you for your response, and I am very interested to see where this leads!
    More or less brainstorming for ideas to present to the teams to create a stronger stance. Trying to imagine hypothetical conversations and a range of responses, then create responses to those responses to try and push a feature that has come up more than numerous times here in the forums.

Working on games in the past, I've seen this feature come into play in a number of different ways. So trying to find some balanced middle ground. Maybe when it's first introduced you have a one time, limited time use; then it goes into the store so you can't abuse the feature?

Banned
    Post Count
    Counter productive? Gree asked for thoughts on selling it. Thoughts are it sucks. They should have worked in the first place, now they want us to pay? Screw that. One more thing to sell that doesn't work. You've got to be kidding!

Banned
    Post Count
    Here's a hypothetical Taadaaah. You tell them it's broken, that it doesn't work and needs fixing. If they fix it, no problem if they can't or won't, then get rid of it. No problem there either.

Oh wait, none of that's hypothetical. It's reality!

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    More or less brainstorming for ideas to present to the teams to create a stronger stance. Trying to imagine hypothetical conversations and a range of responses, then create responses to those responses to try and push a feature that has come up more than numerous times here in the forums.

Working on games in the past, I've seen this feature come into play in a number of different ways. So trying to find some balanced middle ground. Maybe when it's first introduced you have a one time, limited time use; then it goes into the store so you can't abuse the feature?
    Tadaaah: thanks for your response

to give you an idea, on the LAW game (Now on life support for a couple more months before they pull they plug), long ago (probably 8 months or more) they introduce the "reset skills scroll" if was given as an easy to win prize (like those kill 1 target event and get the prize).
    Gree pull away all assets from LAW to concentrate on other titles, so it should be very easy to implement it in MW using the same coding used in LAW

That feature was only given once, never again, not even as a purchase item on the store, which would have made lots of real cash with all the gold/gem spenders buying it all the time to move their skills from ATK to DEF to Energy depending on what event they would work best

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Spoken like a Gree employee.
    Spoken like a Lurker.

Nothing wrong with a little brainstorming! All this topic needs a little time, and pressure, and I personally now know that GREE is giving both. That is OK with me. What else can we possibly ask for?

Perhaps if we can collectively keep this thread from 'locked status' by not traveling the Road of Trolls, this issue could possibly get resolved.

Post Count
    If attack and defense points don't do anything, why don't just get rid of them and the points a player had in attack and defense get put back as skill points to disperse for stamina and energy. Case closed. There is no need for an intricate system or purchase option. Players have been bamboozled thinking attack and defense points actually did something for years now. The longer the attack and defense points stay up the bigger the problem, because I'm sure there are still new players that are adding these worthless points.
    Llp 755-110-608 add me I need allies.

170m attack
    253m defense
    52m/hr income
    Lvl 252
    Free army 460 allies

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post

I think this is an excellent suggestion Tadaah.

A one-time free reallocation takes away the problem of what we all see as a broken system.

If players want to subsequently reallocate their ability points to gain an advantage for events etc., then that's fine, but it'll cost them gold.

Thanks Tadaah.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Additional thought (This is under the assumption I understand the problem correctly: is you all think ATK and DEF mean nothing):

Who is to say that those stats will never mean anything (in more obvious ways)? Just food for thought.

Banned
    Post Count
    If they have a function, then there is no need for a reset. The only real reason most want a reset is because they currently do nothing, and haven't so for some time. While others may want a reset just for the hell of it, having the a/d actually work gives you grounds for not having to do it.
    Last edited by Adm. J(K96); 10-07-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Tadaaah I'm pretty certain it has been said more then a few times here that we would rather the issue be fixed but if it can't be fixed in a timely fashion (like 6 months ago) then we should be allowed to move points to working choices.

Pretty simply. It doesn't work, It hasn't been fixed, can we all get out points back please. If you are going to fix it 3 months after we all move our points and then give us a paid option to move them back well then 'touche'.