PDA

View Full Version : Temp Boosts....

Jaded Fusion
10-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Hey mods, the temp boosts were ok when they were +1-3 energy or -15% health but handing out +45% alliance attack is just dumb. Give us some goodies to make the game fun or interesting. Being able to attack or raid 99% isn't appealing at all....

PRY
10-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Hey mods, the temp boosts were ok when they were +1-3 energy or -15% health but handing out +45% alliance attack is just dumb. Give us some goodies to make the game fun or interesting. Being able to attack or raid 99% isn't appealing at all....

I agree. only help is for Raid Boss. Defense is worthless anymore

Kiko Matsing
10-03-2014, 08:44 AM
I agree. only help is for Raid Boss. Defense is worthless anymore
Wont even help in raid boss( uses raw stats) but will be usefull in the Epic Boss

SOF
10-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Agreed!!! I have yet to run into a single player who thinks temp attack boosts are in any way a good idea. I can't even figure out how much I've actually gained in attack this cycle due to these stupid boosts.

2MblaZ
10-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Agreed!!! I have yet to run into a single player who thinks temp attack boosts are in any way a good idea. I can't even figure out how much I've actually gained in attack this cycle due to these stupid boosts.

How about when WD ends you actually see your atk lower with those lame temp boosts removed lmfao

NO_BS
10-04-2014, 07:38 PM
How about when WD ends you actually see your atk lower with those lame temp boosts removed lmfao

Another sinkhole for players to waste their gold on! Choice is yours if you enjoy a temporary HIGH before crashing to Reality.

Greeny1
10-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Surely the obvious rewards are huge def boosts....everyone has a decent target, but giving out lots of temp def units will make things more interesting. My attack is triple my def, I can attack most people and most people can attack me.....stats are quickly becoming useless.......

buckshot
10-05-2014, 07:55 AM
The bonuses are for newer players to help balance out the game which has been lopsided for way too long. Any temporary defence boost would be useless, unless Gree hands out a temporary 1000% defence boost.

Asto
10-05-2014, 12:00 PM
The temp boosts are starting to become ridiculous in my opinion. Think logically about it;

Excluding faction regen bonuses take this example. You pick up a -10% health regen bonus one cycle, then maybe a -5% health regen bonus so for that war you'll have a -14% health regen bonus or around that due to health regen bonuses being multiplicative (minus the faction regen bonuses). So next cycle there's 3 -5% health regen bonuses available and you receive all 3 from finishing missions and all that jazz. That means once again you'll have an approximate -14% health regen if you minus faction bonuses.

The point is simple, every cycle you could theoretically have the exact same regen give or take a few percent so why even have temp boosts at all? All I can see from it, is it's a way of attempting to keep us interested and gaining xp if you're not level 300.

If you're going to keep giving more or less the same temp boosts why not just make them permanent? I doubt everyone will agree but I personally see this as a way of keeping us hooked to the game and actually making these boosts obtainable on a one off on a permanent basis would give us all a rest and break from the endless run of events

bugssss
10-05-2014, 12:32 PM
The temp boosts are starting to become ridiculous in my opinion. Think logically about it;

Excluding faction regen bonuses take this example. You pick up a -10% health regen bonus one cycle, then maybe a -5% health regen bonus so for that war you'll have a -14% health regen bonus or around that due to health regen bonuses being multiplicative (minus the faction regen bonuses). So next cycle there's 3 -5% health regen bonuses available and you receive all 3 from finishing missions and all that jazz. That means once again you'll have an approximate -14% health regen if you minus faction bonuses.

The point is simple, every cycle you could theoretically have the exact same regen give or take a few percent so why even have temp boosts at all? All I can see from it, is it's a way of attempting to keep us interested and gaining xp if you're not level 300.

If you're going to keep giving more or less the same temp boosts why not just make them permanent? I doubt everyone will agree but I personally see this as a way of keeping us hooked to the game and actually making these boosts obtainable on a one off on a permanent basis would give us all a rest and break from the endless run of events

I completely agree with you but GREE never seems to think things through.

Asto
10-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Lol you're very right there

The_Jedi
10-06-2014, 08:28 AM

I see your point but would like to offer a counterpiont. You view these as the same because you are probably able to get every temp reward out there. But there are many smaller factions/players that can't. Some may be on a limited budget. These temp boosts allow them to pick and choose which ones they want to spend for each cycle. I see this as an attempt by Gree to give the smaller teams a chance to compete and strategize.

Asto
10-06-2014, 08:51 AM
I see your point but would like to offer a counterpiont. You view these as the same because you are probably able to get every temp reward out there. But there are many smaller factions/players that can't. Some may be on a limited budget. These temp boosts allow them to pick and choose which ones they want to spend for each cycle. I see this as an attempt by Gree to give the smaller teams a chance to compete and strategize.
That's a valid point. However, I would like to point out that I can get every one of these health regen's completely gold free and almost within the first 12-24 hours. I only have +5 energy too. All that's needed is activity and a beady eye when looking for new NPC's. In this current LTQ for instance, it is exceptionally easy to obtain the health regen. I have got it using no more than approximately 4k energy and there's still another 2 days to go.

I appreciate trying to find the balance between smaller players and upper ranked players very hard but there must be a solution to this never ending problem. It just requires a little bit of thought and effort

truthteller
10-06-2014, 09:23 AM
TEMP BOOST serve 2 purposes

If you think for a minute, most of this TEMP boost serve the following 2 purposes/goals

1 - Even if players know they cannot finish any LTQ, they will do ALL missions needed to get the temp boosts, and at the same time, they will keep gaining XP which is at what GREEd aimes, making players level up thus making less WD points per hit

2- Two main boost types (Health and ATK/DEF), they all serve the same purpose, that is to allow players to be able to hit more often during WD and have more rivals to hit, specially the FREE players, thus making the GOLD players (factions) having to spend more GOLD in order to keep winning

it is a good business strategy to increase revenues

PRY
10-06-2014, 01:38 PM
TEMP BOOST serve 2 purposes

If you think for a minute, most of this TEMP boost serve the following 2 purposes/goals

1 - Even if players know they cannot finish any LTQ, they will do ALL missions needed to get the temp boosts, and at the same time, they will keep gaining XP which is at what GREEd aimes, making players level up thus making less WD points per hit

2- Two main boost types (Health and ATK/DEF), they all serve the same purpose, that is to allow players to be able to hit more often during WD and have more rivals to hit, specially the FREE players, thus making the GOLD players (factions) having to spend more GOLD in order to keep winning

it is a good business strategy to increase revenues

Gold Players also getting same boost so don't cost anymore than normal.

Huj
10-06-2014, 02:12 PM

You should send them your resume since you qualify it seems. These energy and health boosts are HUGE for people who have none of their own while giving only a small boost for those who already have many. In addition, by making most of them obtainable gold free it allows to close the gap between the newer players and the older top players.

But hey I had to think this post through so I don't blame you for not realizing this before.

Sherah
10-06-2014, 10:04 PM
I like these temporary boosts! If you're not in the top few factions and if you haven't been playing for so long that you got to earn some of those legendary boost units from back in the day this is a fun way to keep things interesting and the temporary nature of the boosts means you have to continue earning them!

They are not making them crazy/ridiculous to obtain and we are now getting energy prizes, health reloads et.al. for participating events too! This is great because it allows us to use more strategy when it comes to using them and to either use them in that game or save up for an event/boost we really need!

I really don't see why you guys are complaining... If you hate the temporary boosts so much no one is forcing you to get them by the way... And to those who said it's a way to keep us playing, well OF COURSE IT IS! It's a way to keep us playing and checking in regularly, it's a way to keep things interesting and to reward daily/regular players! That is GREE's job and I see this as a job well done... I really don't see the problem here - it's not like these require you to be on every five minutes, once or twice a day should be enough not to miss anything...

I give this a thumbs up as long as it doesn't start to cost a lot to get them temp boosts I'm happy!

Adm. J(K96)
10-06-2014, 10:34 PM
I give this a thumbs up as long as it doesn't start to cost a lot to get them temp boosts I'm happy! LOL. It's already starting to! Keep chasing them folks, Gree has you hooked.