PDA

View Full Version : Free vs Paid

RetiredAndHappy
10-02-2014, 04:38 AM
Free vs Paid

I'm sure most people have or do play other mobile games out there. One thing that has really drawn to my attention in other games, is what one can do for free. Without mentioning other rivals games there are quite a number off good games that use "gold" as a way of progressing quicker. The free player can get there in the end if they work hard and the "gold" players can just pay to get there instantly, but the target is achievable either way.

However with most events that gree offer (whilst I played), it was not possible for the free player to complete many of the events.

Would it not be possible for Gree to revise there pricing strategies and target the people who wish to complete quickly while allowing events to be possible for other with time and effort?

Take crate events as an example (I assume they still run). If you built in logic that determined that the 10th open always gave the required item, that means that after 100 attempts (in a 10 box event) the the player would be guaranteed the prize. If this event spanned a time-frame that only allowed 130 attempts, then this could in theory play to both free and gold players.

These are just some of my ideas, I know that will probably be ignored but I would just like to put them out there. It would be nice if people avoided the typical response "Gree won't do it", "You wont get a reply" etc.. I see too many threads these days that ask for help but actually get overrun by others making non helpful posts

HellRaizer
10-02-2014, 05:15 AM
It's a very big ask. I would love to see Gree's response.

I agree that they need to reevaluate and this does make sense. We need something like this to turn the game around

Vercingetorix
10-02-2014, 05:24 AM
Good luck with the request. I suspect there will not be a change.

codys21
10-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Good luck with the request. I suspect there will not be a change.

Honestly? Did you not read the OP's last paragraph? We don't want this garbage post.

OP has a point. I am a 100% free player; have never bought gold. The only individual events I can complete are epic boss and normal LTQs.

The epic boss is a great example, though. I can kill 150 bosses but it takes a lot of time and effort. That's what a free game should be like.

Vercingetorix
10-02-2014, 07:22 AM
Codys21, I believe your post succinctly states why Gree will not change their business model. You have never spent a dime on the game therefore Gree is not making money on the way that you have played. Gree has provided you a game that you can play for free. You just cannot be one of the elite accounts on the game for free. You still have the opportunity to be an average player or even an above average player by playing for free, although it is getting harder and harder to do so.

I am familiar with the games that the OP is referencing but they have a different business model and arguable a different ethic than this game and company. Also, those games are not as involved as this one, in that they do not constantly change events, add new buildings, create new challenges. All of the events that are run on MW cost money to implement and gree does those events to make money. If you want to discuss the amounts of money needed to finish the events, then I think there can be legitimate discussion.

With that said, I have spent money on this game. I elected to stop doing so several months ago because the requirements on the use of gold have steadily increased and I reached my breaking point.

In all honesty, gree won't change their business model because of a group of people who have not or are not spending money on the game. That includes me at this point in time.

The Pharoah
10-02-2014, 07:25 AM
The case events are probably the main instance where this would help. 99 times out of a hundred, the medium-chance cash-open option yields nothing. How is that a medium option? It should be somewhere between 25% and 100%, but honestly, case drop rates are shameful.

As for the other events, I can't see how this would work. If you could complete an event for free, why would anyone pay to do so? Where would the income come from to sustain the game? Or are we talking a situation where it is 'theoretically' possible to complete without gold, but it requires you to stay up for 48 hours straight?

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Believe it or not, GREE has already done a good job with this. They're handing out free energy, health, and stamina refills on a monthly basis and do not remove them at the end of a war cycle. My LLP is a full on camper who doesn't participate in anything, and I have 14 stamina refills, 16 energy refills, and 17 health refills. That's essentially 885 worth of free gold. Over half a vault. I am in a top 500 faction too, so it's not like these gimmes come on the backs of gold users in higher factions.

Let these stack until you get an event you want to complete, and have at it. Join a good faction of other free/light gold players who play hard, and you can complete most of the events out there. Join a faction who needs help completing the last stages of events and use your gimmes to get huge rewards. Free players have lots of options now to grow their stats.

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 07:43 AM
You could also spend a bunch of money on gold, and then request a refund from Apple because there is no information in-game that says anything about boosts being temporary. Get the boosts, finish the events, and Apple will give you all your money back.

Been there, done that. Took 1 email to Apple.

Speed ump
10-02-2014, 08:33 AM
That's pretty hypocritical though. So cheat the system, because you can. You know they are temporary. I don't agree with temporary boosts, but that really doesn't matter. There's a bigger secondary consequence to that action. If you rely in the bonus program, they can remove you from the program. If it's a one shot deal and you don't mind the dishonesty, go for it.

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 09:08 AM
It's not cheating the system, it's getting back at GREE for trying to screw its players. How hard is it for them to make it OBVIOUS that the boosts are temporary in-game? They did that on purpose. There is simply no other explanation than that. Thats a middle finger to all of us. So you can keep your high and mighty status if that makes you feel special. I'd rather spend the rest of my time in this game finding ways to screw a company that purposely screws its community. They deserve it. No moral qualm over here. Feel free to be Gree's all you want, it's your money do with as you please.

ichbin
10-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Codys21, I believe your post succinctly states why Gree will not change their business model. You have never spent a dime on the game therefore Gree is not making money on the way that you have played. Gree has provided you a game that you can play for free.

To say that a Gree does not make money on free players is pretty far fetched. You don't think they bank money on all the ads that people watch for free? They give you a couple of gold because they get money for the advertisements.

I agree that all the events should not be achievable without gold. But to me, this should only be things like masters. Box events are ridiculous. I once tried a box event by waking up every hour through the night to try and finish it. Never finished it....

TheBFO
10-02-2014, 09:39 AM
You could also spend a bunch of money on gold, and then request a refund from Apple because there is no information in-game that says anything about boosts being temporary. Get the boosts, finish the events, and Apple will give you all your money back.

Been there, done that. Took 1 email to Apple.

I have gotten refunds so many times it's unreal.. I got denied a couple times in a row in the chat, but I finally got an agent who would refund me.

Like 10-15 refunds and I'm still playing.. Lol

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Big props man. Gree won't refund anything because it's an unethical business, so treat it as such. Good work

RetiredAndHappy
10-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Please, I asked to keep it constructive.. Lets not hijack with talking of refunds..

WDs and Frontline are the "gold" events.. Events that have leaderboards normal get people spending for bragging rights, and I do think they should stay as such.

But... It would be great if gree adapted their model to allow all other events the be achievable gold free.. I read in another thread that a SUP guy said that many spend gold to complete and LTQ in the first hour so as "they could have a life". These are the people that will continue to spend..

I honestly believe it would be achievable.. I suppose "master" events could be those special gold events

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Did you read what I posted? 885 gold for free in the last month and a half. 18 health refills at this point. That's significant improvement over past history

Speed ump
10-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Zeus, I don't care at all for the temporary boosts either, but you know they are. If you don't like what gree has done and really want to get back at th m, stop playing. It's lie, saying its ok to steal from a store that you feel overcharged you for something. If you knew the price before hand, it was your choice to buy. Maybe you didn't compare prices elsewhere, maybe you needed it right now, and they were the closest. Either way, that was your choice. It dosnt make it right to take something from them beacuse of it. In that case, of you got caught, there would be much more serious consequences. I do know heavy gold spenders that are no longer in the bonus program because they did just that. Long term it's just not a good idea. Personally to me, it's just another way to cheat, and I won't do it. If it bothers me enough, I'll stop playing.

Speed ump
10-02-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm of course talking about a diff level of spending than most. I see you mention 18 refills in a month. I would go through that in minutes. Not everyone plays at that level of course

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 03:22 PM
GREE did those players a favor who got booted from the program. They'll thank them later once the addiction wears off and they realize how stupid they were to blow thousands on a stupid phone game with fake friends. They were owned by GREE

That being said, It's not a matter of integrity, it's eye for an eye. Simple as that. Your example of relating my response in this thread to you and your mates is rather pointless wouldn't you agree? You represent .001 percent of the population and the OP is asking for concessions to everyone else.

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 03:25 PM
and how do we know they're temporary anyway? Because GREE said so? You believe what they say? Shame shame. Like they have any credibility lmao

Speed ump
10-02-2014, 04:12 PM
If gree says its so, it must be,lol. Like the energy glitch that didn't exist, yet it was fixed in a recent update.

iamnasty
10-02-2014, 05:15 PM
The choice is yours☠.........moo™������

Certified Body
10-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I am sending this ticket to inform you that due to recent changes in the game I and my syndicate will not be fighting in this war and none of us will be purchasing gold. The following changes have prompted this boycott.
1. Raid boss health so extremely high most syndicates not being able to finish. The health has almost doubled in the last few months. The lack of legendary prize drops make it almost impossible to complete the individual portion of the event.
2. Due to unreasonable matchups syndicates are having trouble completing goals in wars. There's no reason a team ranked in the top 10 should battle a team ranked in the top 200.
3. The sltq prizes have not been worth the extremely high experience incurred in several months.
4. The number of days for epic boss is rarely the same and usually starts so late that European players miss out on assisting the team on completing the goals the health on these bosses have also seen a significant increase.
5. Street assault is to expensive for low ranking teammates and the regeneration speed is ridiculously slow.
6. And finally the back to back events have sucked the fun right out of the game, its hard to enjoy something that requires a few hundred dollars every month to continue to grow and be successful at.
These are the primary reasons myself and my team have decided not to fight this war and not to purchase gold. We all plan to spend that money on doing something fun with our families!! QUOTE=RetiredAndHappy;1396043]Free vs Paid

I'm sure most people have or do play other mobile games out there. One thing that has really drawn to my attention in other games, is what one can do for free. Without mentioning other rivals games there are quite a number off good games that use "gold" as a way of progressing quicker. The free player can get there in the end if they work hard and the "gold" players can just pay to get there instantly, but the target is achievable either way.

However with most events that gree offer (whilst I played), it was not possible for the free player to complete many of the events.

Would it not be possible for Gree to revise there pricing strategies and target the people who wish to complete quickly while allowing events to be possible for other with time and effort?

Take crate events as an example (I assume they still run). If you built in logic that determined that the 10th open always gave the required item, that means that after 100 attempts (in a 10 box event) the the player would be guaranteed the prize. If this event spanned a time-frame that only allowed 130 attempts, then this could in theory play to both free and gold players.

These are just some of my ideas, I know that will probably be ignored but I would just like to put them out there. It would be nice if people avoided the typical response "Gree won't do it", "You wont get a reply" etc.. I see too many threads these days that ask for help but actually get overrun by others making non helpful posts[/QUOTE]

Miss Soprano
10-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Playing free is the only way I know on this games and I'm a monster with stats and money!

Robg
10-03-2014, 01:25 AM
I want my airplane back.

HellRaizer
10-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Bump. I'd like to see gree respond to this one

HellRaizer
10-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Bumpy ten.