PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Raids

Pages : [1] 2

usman
10-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Just got raided by a Guy with attack 800M less than my defence. WTF
and that too without taking my composite or boosts down

Gree seriously you guys never fail to disappoint us time and time again. I know even if i send you guys snap shots through a ticket you folks would hardly bother and send me one of your great automated replys that we always know about.

Just asking you guys if anyone of you have faced any of these issue with ridiculous raids lately?

and please no mods replying on this thread no help needed ty

MAD NUGGETT
10-01-2014, 11:50 PM
It's been this way for some time now. Nothing new.

TheDanimal
10-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Previously, you could successfully raid with an attack equal or greater than 70% of another's defense.... seems like the percentage has dropped a lot

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Something has changed. I've never been able to go above 1.5x my attack, but in the last few days I've raided people 1.6 or 1.7x my attack and barely lose any units. No failed attacks either.

Clay43
10-02-2014, 08:44 AM
I agree with this being an issue.

This morning I was raided by someone with 843m attack and my defense is 1.46b. All of the weaker players raids were successful. One would think this raid would be a stretch at best and there would be losses involved... I hope he enjoyed the 3.6m raided.

Pretty bogus in my opinion.

warraw
10-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Just got raided by a Guy with attack 800M less than my defence. WTF
and that too without taking my composite or boosts down

Gree seriously you guys never fail to disappoint us time and time again. I know even if i send you guys snap shots through a ticket you folks would hardly bother and send me one of your great automated replys that we always know about.

Just asking you guys if anyone of you have faced any of these issue with ridiculous raids lately?

and please no mods replying on this thread no help needed ty

I got raided by someone with 1 billion attack stats lower than my defence. Even he admitted its ridiculous when I posted on his wall congratulating him feat.

boltonjl
10-02-2014, 09:29 AM
I had one guy cleaning me out that was way below me also

Bongo
10-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Same story here 600k att beats 1.2 b def

MAD NUGGETT
10-02-2014, 11:15 AM
It's not new.

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Yeah it is new nugget. This hasn't been possible since day 1. I got the hidden gem to level 10 with only a command center for iph. So I know what is and is not possible with raids on my account. targets I could barely touch with 50 hits to a composite are falling like flies with no casualties and no losses.

MAD NUGGETT
10-02-2014, 11:56 AM
No it's not new. The only thing new here is that you guys now have stats above 1 billion so you wouldn't have known.

HayeZeus
10-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Hey dumbass, my stats are below 1 billion. You really are an idiot.

MAD NUGGETT
10-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Doesn't matter, you're still wrong.

BostonHammer
10-02-2014, 12:35 PM
I agree with this being an issue.

This morning I was raided by someone with 843m attack and my defense is 1.46b. All of the weaker players raids were successful. One would think this raid would be a stretch at best and there would be losses involved... I hope he enjoyed the 3.6m raided.

Pretty bogus in my opinion.

I have almost the same scenario, 800m attack vs my 1.52b both of us in the mid 160's. He went 12 for 12 on raids won, I lost 12 "low" casualty growlers (my casualty reduction is 59%), he said he lost nothing. I too congratulated him on his wins and he attributed it to his 25 attack skill points. Then I told him I have over 150 defensive skill points. Haha.

This scenario is the most egregious I have personally encountered. It showed me that 1) defense doesn't matter and 2) what people have been saying all along, att/def skill points are useless now.

krabbie
10-02-2014, 02:21 PM
I have 1.5b attack and can raid every level 300 player i see, don't mind it offcourse, but i do understand it is frustrating when you get robbed by me or someone else far weaker than you...

I Will Merc You
10-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Attack and Defense skill points should be either; 1) put to use, or, 2) removed from the game completely.

What?
10-02-2014, 02:52 PM
This isn't new, raids have always been a huge advantage to the attacker. Even with higher stats it's not a stretch to be beaten by someone 30%, 40%, or even. 50% less stats. The last 3 times in my news someone raided me every single one has been lower stats and it is starting to be ridiculous. With gree giving out attack bonuses left and right it's like my defense doesn't matter at all. Actually my defense doesn't matter at all when I get attack by people with half my defense and still lose every fight.

usman
10-02-2014, 11:25 PM
I got raided by someone with 1 billion attack stats lower than my defence. Even he admitted its ridiculous when I posted on his wall congratulating him feat.

yeah even the guy who raided me admitted he was surprised he could raid this high. its pure dumb on gree's part where they make you spend your time/money building stats

Mr Dad
10-03-2014, 12:28 AM
My 1.65B defense just lost to a persons 750M attack. This is indeed ridiculous in every way. It's one thing to loose to someone who can raid a little above their attack. But where is the challenge and push for us to really work our stats, when stats nearly no longer matter??

I can raid anyone anywhere but despite my hard efforts to really build my defense and, yes, by gold spending, I can't defend against anyone anymore. Where is my incentive to continue to be in a top faction and to continue to buy gold to keep my good stats, if a free player is about equal in the ability to attack and defend as I am? If using gold no longer gets me an advantage of being a high stat player, able to defend myself from lower stay players, then I certainly need not spend more on gold! (Maybe I should be saying thanks for saving me the money?)

Gree, I know you still want our money, if you do, you need to look at this algorithm and adjust it so it's not so outta whack. Right now it's just ridiculous. I feel like it's the equivalent of a Boy Scout troop being able to raid and attack an Army Brigade and win without casualty...

Bobar
10-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Yes, this really is an issue. Fix it gree

Lyle_Henderson
10-03-2014, 01:13 AM
When I started this game close to 3 years ago it wasn't ever like this. you would lose to someone's defense one point above your attack. And as time progressed it got a little better but then I took a year off last year because of the money spending to stay in a top 10 faction which I look back on now and think it was worthless, so now im back and after hearing everyone's complaints I'm thinking that nothing has changed and im happy im not spending money anymore.

King Fox
10-03-2014, 09:24 AM
This is the best news I've heard for a long time! Now I can attack all the jerks who think you are invincible because of your higher stats. Just today I raided close to $500m from such people. Like taking candy from a baby. As long as I can collect my money from my income buildings on time I have nothing to offer except if I'm over my vault limit. Glory days indeed and I don't need to spend on Hold like a lot of fools out there.

HayeZeus
10-03-2014, 09:39 AM
With all these alliance attack boosts I really hope people are sticking it to the people who have raided them like crazy in the past.

Huj
10-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Wow this is interesting news. LOL Nugget is a retard if he believes this is not new. Old was atk of 70 could raid def of 100 with some fails. But now it seems its as low as atk of 40-50 can raid defense of 100!

:) let the raiding commence!

Gerard Figallo
10-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Over guys with under 1B attack able too raid my 1.4B defence, it's getting too the point of ridiculous gree

S.H.I.E.L.D.
10-03-2014, 09:03 PM
I've got a guy raiding me after i take his boosts with under 700mil attack beating my 1.7bil defense every time. I've sent 4 tickets and they keep trying to tell me it's because of their stat points and randomness. Stat points, come on! If stat points could make up a billion attack everyone would actually get them. I have over 100 defensive stat points but those sure aren't helping me stop him. Gree just make the algorithm for raiding the same as attacking and things would be a lot better. The way it is now is beyond a joke

J1mcrane
10-04-2014, 04:38 AM
This is a ridiculous circumstance to be honest! How can you have game based on stats and not even get the stat bit right??

valient
10-04-2014, 08:43 AM
My defense is 1B and I was just raided successfully by someone whose attack was 455M. I only do revenge raids but this guy had all crappy money buildings and lots of free land space. That makes me think he deleted his high paying money buildings and now makes his living by raiding.

I am tired of these nuisance raids and am changing my defensive strategy.

good gawd noooo
10-04-2014, 01:44 PM
I personally have a 860m attack(that's to temp bonus actually stats are more like 680m) yesterday I attacked someone with 2.020b defense. I won all 6 attack and didn't lose a single unit. the algorithm is supposed to have ONLY a 20% variance according to gree for randomness affect. this guy I beat is 3 times my stats I shouldn't be able to knock the dust off his shoes much less win without losses. TO ALL THAT HAVE SAID STATS NO LONGER MATTER YOU ARE CORRECT..WHAT IS THE POINT OF BUILDING STATS WHEN GREE TAKES AWAY ALL BENEFIT???? This new string of massively screwed up raids began(to my knowledge could be wrong) around same time gree introduced all these temp bonuses. And don't get me started on these temp bonuses.. really spend a bunch of gold to get a fat boost that last 18 days ........ gree is about to lose a bunch of long term veterans that do spend money and are just fed up.. oh well they will be replaced by the new stream of players that will spend gold to catch up and compete

Splat!
10-04-2014, 03:59 PM
The occasional win against someone whose defense is twice your Attack might be passed off as randomness. But what should we think when a rival wins several hundreds of times against 2 times the defense, as occurred with teammates. The casualties alone would discourage anyone from doing that as a game strategy.

If GREE did this on purpose, then there is no further reason to play or spend, as stats don't matter at all! Not at all. Not a bit. Then we all can ignore pursuing bonuses as they simply don't work. But I have to wonder if this is instead some new hack? If it is, GREE better get on it.

MAD NUGGETT
10-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Wow this is interesting news. LOL Nugget is a retard if he believes this is not new. Old was atk of 70 could raid def of 100 with some fails. But now it seems its as low as atk of 40-50 can raid defense of 100!

:) let the raiding commence!

I love how long it took you guys it realize this is a problem and yes, this is not new. It's only new to you because you have not had the stats to even know. Not new, old. As your stats increase so does the raid window.

usman
10-05-2014, 12:09 AM
and it continues no change at all

good gawd noooo
10-05-2014, 12:24 AM
I love how long it took you guys it realize this is a problem and yes, this is not new. It's only new to you because you have not had the stats to even know. Not new, old. As your stats increase so does the raid window.

Mr. Nugget I guess you have earned your name as if you honestly believe there has been no change you would have to really be "mad" aka insane. under no posted info is is possible or acceptable for a 860m atk ever supposed to win against a person with 2.020 billion. that is new it has always been possible to win or lose to someone within the 20% window yes. and yes I have seen that be gaps upto 100million a few times. But there were losses with it. I have a pic of my player beating a 2b player not once but 6 times in a row NO losses no loss of units..THAT IS NOT OLD

jrb22250
10-05-2014, 05:48 AM
1.8b attack raided (hit def building) to test this on a 2.8b target. Yep its true. No point of playing game if your stats that you worked so hard for dont count.

So all you huge players, feel free to hand all them 10-25bil attack 500m IPH account over. I will put them in a good retirement home.

TwiggyMW
10-05-2014, 06:42 AM
I've been raided by a guy with over 1billion less attack then my defense that should not be possible

MAD NUGGETT
10-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Mr. Nugget I guess you have earned your name as if you honestly believe there has been no change you would have to really be "mad" aka insane. under no posted info is is possible or acceptable for a 860m atk ever supposed to win against a person with 2.020 billion. that is new it has always been possible to win or lose to someone within the 20% window yes. and yes I have seen that be gaps upto 100million a few times. But there were losses with it. I have a pic of my player beating a 2b player not once but 6 times in a row NO losses no loss of units..THAT IS NOT OLD

Sorry cry babies. Nothing has changed. Been dealing with this well over a year.

usman
10-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Sorry cry babies. Nothing has changed. Been dealing with this well over a year.

it is new. one of the very new gree failures. if you think this is all some old crap then you certainly have the option to ignore this thread.

what was old and normal was any rival with an attack 100/300m less than your defence could raid you with some difficulty win/loss

what's new is any rival with an attack atleast a billion attack less than your defence or more can raid you without any difficulty

so stop saying its an old issue

Stumps
10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
New/old, whatever. Its very annoying to be raided by someone with half your stats.
All you can do is attack them to kill their units.

HayeZeus
10-05-2014, 06:12 PM
He keeps coming back saying it's not new because he came here initially with his honest opinion where he was proven to be a retard yet again by the entire forum. So now he tries to save himself by pretending like he was trolling all along. Saw that coming a mile away

warraw
10-06-2014, 08:58 PM
don't get mad, get even.

as I type this, I am on the phone with Apple and they are arranging a full refund of my entire Sep gold purchases.

I urge everyone to do this and stop getting taken for a ride.

Incompetency cannot be tolerated.

Therealguido
10-07-2014, 07:14 AM
This is a ridiculous circumstance to be honest! How can you have game based on stats and not even get the stat bit right??

It is not accurate to say it doesn't work, it may not work all the time- I won't debate that.

Data, Data, Data- Here is some from an anecdotal test with a smaller account.

I tested with one of my very weak mini accounts (which I don't care about and is set up for pure NRG). It has a measly attack of 40M at level 60, I tried raiding 100M, 140M and 200M defenses- ALL FAILED. Good news is low IPH so who cares if it is on their news feeds.

I suspect what we are seeing is the raid window of 20% may have increased or may change depending on your level, IPH, or other stats. Maybe attack and defense stats do matter again in some different algorithmic way that isnt a pure 1:1 but is a mix with other data and stats.

However stats most certainly still work if you have lower Attack and try for a double or more.

Happy to run other tests with the same account if anyone has ideas.

free play
10-07-2014, 08:56 AM
So what, if it gets done to you it means you can do it to, it's a game, get over it, I mean some one with less stats raided me for my imaginary money whaaaaa, go raid some one higher than you whaaaaa. Really to much winging and crying on here, play the game for what it is or move over to hayday lol

HayeZeus
10-07-2014, 10:13 AM
So what, if it gets done to you it means you can do it to, it's a game, get over it, I mean some one with less stats raided me for my imaginary money whaaaaa, go raid some one higher than you whaaaaa. Really to much winging and crying on here, play the game for what it is or move over to hayday lol

You're opinion is utterly worthless. You have no say in this conversation because you didn't spend any money to get your stats. People who have, should be outraged. They worked hard to build up their defense, now it doesn't matter.

REQUEST A REFUND PEOPLE for EVERY PENNY. I got near $2,000 back from iTunes from one email. ONE EMAIL. Took all of 3 minutes to type up. Gree screws you? Well screw them back!!

And I still have my account.

HayeZeus
10-07-2014, 10:15 AM
don't get mad, get even.

as I type this, I am on the phone with Apple and they are arranging a full refund of my entire Sep gold purchases.

I urge everyone to do this and stop getting taken for a ride.

Incompetency cannot be tolerated.

Why just September? Ask for ALL of it! All the money you spent up until last month should be refunded

Rickdee
10-07-2014, 10:17 AM

You sound like a whiny *****.. Just bc you play for free doesn't mean others do. I have played this game for 2 1/2 years and proud to build my stats and base and now they have become irrelevant .. Now i have to read about little peckers like yourself telling me how i should of played the game and to stop *****ing. You should leave mommies basement, it would do you wonders.

free play
10-07-2014, 10:31 AM
You sound like a whiny *****.. Just bc you play for free doesn't mean others do. I have played this game for 2 1/2 years and proud to build my stats and base and now they have become irrelevant .. Now i have to read about little peckers like yourself telling me how i should of played the game and to stop *****ing. You should leave mommies basement, it would do you wonders.

Mommies basement lmao, don't be fooled by the name, I got my refund long ago and learned my lesson long ago, seems you haven't learned yet, gree will **** every one out of it

free play
10-07-2014, 10:34 AM
You're opinion is utterly worthless. You have no say in this conversation because you didn't spend any money to get your stats. People who have, should be outraged. They worked hard to build up their defense, now it doesn't matter.

REQUEST A REFUND PEOPLE for EVERY PENNY. I got near $2,000 back from iTunes from one email. ONE EMAIL. Took all of 3 minutes to type up. Gree screws you? Well screw them back!!

And I still have my account.

Listen to yourself, spent time building up your defense, like no one is ever going to be able to raid you. Oh, free play is just a name, don't be fooled, I got my refund and learned the hard way

Rickdee
10-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Mommies basement lmao, don't be fooled by the name, I got my refund long ago and learned my lesson long ago, seems you haven't learned yet, gree will **** every one out of it
You couldn't be more wrong. I have hardly dropped any real money into this game. I learned leveling up early was dumb, built my stats based on this and am in the top 95 percent for my lvl. So i should be punished for playing the game better than you? Then temp boosts come out and all my work went out the window. And this is a forum, let us ***** and stop being a troll.

I Will Merc You
10-07-2014, 10:45 AM
You couldn't be more wrong. I have hardly dropped any real money into this game. I learned leveling up early was dumb, built my stats based on this and am in the top 95 percent for my lvl. So i should be punished for playing the game better than you? Then temp boosts come out and all my work went out the window. And this is a forum, let us ***** and stop being a troll.

Please, do share the list including the other members that are in the 'top 95 percent for your level'. Lol. You're probably billions stronger than me, but, please don't post percentages as if they were stat-supported.

Rickdee
10-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Please, do share the list including the other members that are in the 'top 95 percent for your level'. Lol. You're probably billions stronger than me, but, please don't post percentages as if they were stat-supported.

You ok? You got a rival's list? I'm level 141 and when i check this list i have only come across a handful of people that could actually touch me. I didn't get raided for over 2 months. Now i get raided daily by crappy players with inflated stats and makes you wonder why you play. Another troll, beat it

ju100
10-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Please be careful about what you say, CJ/Sirius/Tadaaaaaah is closing threads without answering anything as soon as he finds a reason...

free play
10-07-2014, 01:18 PM

Who's a troll, lurker.

So who made you top ***** for playing your way, the game has changed every 6 months and will continue to change, people will come and go with these changes, get over it already

warraw
10-07-2014, 02:00 PM
U can slice and dice your argument anyway you want. But it doesn't detract from the fact that a 480m attack player beating a 1.5b def player 15 times in a row with no losses is justifiable.

Gree can give us bullcrap about skill points and whatever random factor to each attack, but no amount of skill points should make up the 1billion disparity in attack vs def. And not for 15 times straight.

So I suggest u sit down and chew on that thought for a moment.

Swang
10-07-2014, 02:49 PM
My mini with 300m attack accidentally hit someone with 900m defence and scored big $$$. That guy claimed to be a developer and reported to shot down my mini as being a hacker..................sooooo scared............:cool:

Gbrown
10-08-2014, 06:20 AM
I had not been effected by this until the last week, now I am getting raided by and losing to people with less than 1/2 my defense. So really where is the motivation to spend $$$ to gain stats if they don't mean anything?

Apollo13
10-08-2014, 06:22 AM
If 1,574,047,000 cost the same as 1 vault of gold, GREE, you are costing us 1 vault of gold each day that you don't fix this problem...so I say, we should be compensated. We have worked hard to build our stats...not to be raided by some who have less than half our defense stats....it gets ridiculous with stats inflation. Now, people with less than 500mil can raid me...I am only on level 147 with over 900mil defense. Worst, the raiders comes from people of higher levels. If you are doing this, open up to level 300 so that I can also raid them back because I can't see them because of my level.

testpilot
10-08-2014, 07:00 AM
I would say it's a little skewed when I have lost to a player attacking with 348m vs my 805m def - 43% of my def or 57% less. (sent in a ticket but usual reply) The other thing that is so bad about that, is that the low stat players also have really awful iph's and aren't worth a hit back. I know they think that it's funny, but this has gotten out of hand as previous posters have said. I do have a very good iph, worked hard at getting it there, and don't raid/attack people that could attack me back. Now not sure who they would be when stats don't really matter. One of these days, a Ten(10)m att will probably take me down.

The rule before is that you shouldn't attack unless you were within about 20% of the rivals defense and you would still win some, lose some. Now it's gotten greediculous.

(one other thought- going into and out of a faction with max bonuses to "Change" your stats, doesn't change them by that much either if that's what others may think)

superman007
10-08-2014, 01:10 PM
For the last few weeks, I have observed that the player accounts with attack of 600-900M are able to raid my account with 1.95B defense. Every time, those raids were 100% successful. I have spent lot of gold in boosting my defense stats by participating in the LTQ's/Events were the unit reward has defense boost attached to it. I have sent in a couple of tickets and usually you get the canned responses from the support team. So, I have decided not to spend a dime on one of my player accounts until this is resolved. There is no point in spending gold to boost your defense stats when anyone with less than 70% of your defenses is either able to raid or attack you. This has to be FIXED. No excuses.

free play
10-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Well I hope it gets fixed soon, bug till then most including myself will take advantage of this, just like every other gree **** up,

I've seen the reply that everyone's getting and it pure **** because this is only happening over the last couple of months

VSH
10-08-2014, 02:27 PM
To be honest, I was wondering what all the fuss was about with this thread until earlier today...

...got hit by someone with a 60m attack on my 100m defence. No money for them, but they decided to trash my base. No big deal I guess, but must have hit me 50 times straight without loss !?! How is that even possible ?

I can recall not that long ago that the variance for raiding someone stronger than you was maybe 20-25%. Anything bigger than this you were going to lose, at least some of your attacks anyway.

Is this a new dimension to the game to help lower stat players score big raids on stronger players? Is this the flip side to all the IPH boosts that we've been getting over recent months?

Yours 'baffled'....

I Will Merc You
10-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Just fell victim to this current situation;

My level 9 Anniversary Center was just blacked out. My defense is 401m. I have 345 skill points on Defense. My level is 129. ...and my Anniversary Center was blacked out by 200m attacker. He lost nothing. Not a raid, not a unit, not even a drop of sweat.

Newest member of 'Club Baffled'

VileDoom
10-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Stop spending money on a broken game thinking it will get better. Lol

Maverick0073
10-08-2014, 07:57 PM
2.2b defense , raided by a 640m attack, he lost 2 out 9 attacks , I have over 300 def skill.

Napgar
10-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Defense stats are not important anymore, a good timer app is what one needs...

Auspex
10-09-2014, 09:57 AM
I think it's just quiting time. Gree has managed to turn the game into complete crap. You can't actually build defense anymore since anyone can raid you regardless.

There just is really no point in playing this game anymore they can't nail down the mechanics of how it will work so why bother trying to play something where the rules change without notice.

Gree is just a junk company that is profiteering off what was almost a great game once. Don't spend money here, It's just such a waste when what you buy is worthless before it even makes your inventory.

usman
10-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Conclusion

Thank you for contacting us!

Here's what you should know about rival encounters:

We take the lowest players in the game (level 10) and let them see your level 300 stats. We then ask them if they would like to be able to attack your stats for a small fee of bending over so we can **** them in the ass while they watch them hit the raid button. If they agree to this, we SMILE and quickly fly to their house to help them with the raid. If someone invests even more in attack or defense skill by agreeing to blow us they then receive a bonus to their total attack or defense that is not at any time displayed in the fight results. Additionally, there is a small condom element in every fight (not seen by the person getting raided) to add an element of uncertainty.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with the game or if you would like me to visit you personnally :)

Love,

R

Splat!
10-09-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm raiding around the clock. 2 times, 3 times, and more. def doesn't matter. Attack stats don't matter. Skill points haven't worked in more than a year. Not a little bit, not a tiny bit. Sheesh to the guy with 175 skill def points - ouch! Can't figure out why I'm still chasing unit prizes when my stats and your stats don't matter. Gotta run, more raids to get in. I don't even look at or care what your defense is, because it makes no difference. It's a new game change by Gree, or a bug, but either way they are ignoring it. So I'm going to take all your pretend money while I still can or until everyone realizes their is no reason to grow our stats if stats don't do anything, and quit.

Splat!
10-09-2014, 10:23 PM
It is not accurate to say it doesn't work, it may not work all the time- I won't debate that.

Data, Data, Data- Here is some from an anecdotal test with a smaller account.

I tested with one of my very weak mini accounts (which I don't care about and is set up for pure NRG). It has a measly attack of 40M at level 60, I tried raiding 100M, 140M and 200M defenses- ALL FAILED. Good news is low IPH so who cares if it is on their news feeds.

I suspect what we are seeing is the raid window of 20% may have increased or may change depending on your level, IPH, or other stats. Maybe attack and defense stats do matter again in some different algorithmic way that isnt a pure 1:1 but is a mix with other data and stats.

However stats most certainly still work if you have lower Attack and try for a double or more.

Happy to run other tests with the same account if anyone has ideas.

Sorry, you are wrong. I've done hundreds or maybe thousands of raids lately against vastly stronger defense. Have won all but 1 raid, and that 1 loss gave me the ONLY casualty. Thus far. Sorry to break it, but I'm a very heavy raider and couldn't care a less what your Def is, cuz I still win every single time, except that once. Hard to hear but true. With the endless parade of bugs in this game, shouldn't come as different than any other day playing MW.

Mr Dad
10-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Now loosing to people 1B to 1.3B lower attack than my defense, at level 165. My daily news feed is now dripping in red from top to bottom. This never used to be the case. And these daily raids by people so low are ALL losses to me, I have yet to see them with even one loss. So you can't tell me "There are some behind the scene algorithms and attack/defense skill points and other unknowns that sometimes cause different win/loss results'. I do not believe that for a second. The game dynamics for raiding have changed and not for the better. I'm not complaining about being raided and loosing money, that part is what the game is about. I am complaining that there no longer is any 'game play strategy'.

What I mean is, we don't play video games or board games that have no rules or set dynamics. We play to try to outsmart, outwit, and out play our opponents with strategy and cunning planning. We make moves early on in the games to reap results later on. Sometimes these choices set us behind and sometimes they propel us ahead, sometimes we win, sometimes we loose. Either way, it's done by our hand and our choices. That is the fun of games, the chase, the chase to the top. But here in greeland, with ever changing rules and game play and constant shifting of algoryths, you can't make decisions and choices to get you ahead. And buying gold... well, that no longer gets you anywhere either, at least not in stats, because stats just don't matter anymore. Game play strategy over, you lost.

GTZ
10-11-2014, 06:40 PM
this seems new to me. only recently can a guy with 500m attack beat my 1.4b defense. never used to happen before. gree had a smug reply until i told them how much def skill points i have. now they dont reply cus their skill points excuse doesn't apply in my case. BS gree

headfaction
10-11-2014, 09:25 PM
I hate gree's bs system. Any other RPG out there, if you had say 1,000,000 defense and a rival had 999,999 attack they would lose every hit... Gree should fix this and make stats important again...

reticlover
10-12-2014, 06:01 AM
How is it possible to loose 13m from 2 buildings that only pay 10m together

Annihilator2
10-12-2014, 06:22 AM
How is it possible to loose 13m from 2 buildings that only pay 10m together

It is possible because of modifiers

Gringo
10-12-2014, 07:07 AM
My 2.2bil deff just got raided by a 700m attack! What a joke, still it has helped me to stop purchasing gold.
May even contact itunes, why on earth do they support Gree games.

Eduard
10-12-2014, 09:04 AM
The raids are not realistic any more. Got raided by guys with more then 50% lower att then my defense. Also lost high units by these raids, incredable that this is possible. Also got info about raiding 15 minutes later and cannot see what is raided. This is a serious problem, Gree and do something about it.
I dont mind if i get raided, but not in this way.

warraw
10-12-2014, 06:15 PM
My 2.2bil deff just got raided by a 700m attack! What a joke, still it has helped me to stop purchasing gold.
May even contact itunes, why on earth do they support Gree games.

May contact iTunes? DO IT MAN!

Just got raided by someone who's attack is 1.2 billion lower than my def. LOL

What a joke Gree is starting to be.

Major Chaos
10-12-2014, 09:15 PM
I have an IPH of 239M+ with most of my buildings at level 10. When my 1.8B defense can lose to 783M attack that's a shame. I rarely post on here and have been playing for almost three years. I have decided that the best way for me to convince Gree to fix this is to no longer watch videos as I am just a free player. Gree makes money from these sponsors so by not watching, it hurts Gree's pocketbook. Perhaps it's time to move on... There are many other games to play.

Stumps
10-13-2014, 02:03 AM
Yep this is crazy.

My defence is 1.1 B. I Got raided by a guy with 200 m and i lost units.

I attacked him back. My attack is 2.2B and his defence is 200 m. I lost captain carriers and growlers nearly every hit.

Why cant we get a reply in this thread from gree. And im not talkimg about "I've passed this on to our developers"

warraw
10-13-2014, 02:53 AM
Hey Tahdaaah,

how about you acknowledge this thread huh?

Amazing how you appear at other threads locking them but refuse to even comment or acknowledge this one?

Come on, stand up and be counted!

Auspex
10-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Well my stats don't actually have any function in game play now since I can raid and be raided by anyone. Cash has no value since I don't need to buy units since stats don't matter. They have removed the hing pin that made the game work.

I hate that I have put so much time into the game and it is now pointless to play.

I Will Merc You
10-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Just to update this popular thread;

New data including 'Divisions' is currently being incorporated into MW..

.......and GREE has no comment on the content of this thread.

SMH.

Huj
10-13-2014, 01:14 PM
its official I can raid people with defense 3x my attack! lol :)

But I did fail ONCE out of 15x ;)

Tadaaah
10-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Just for some clarification:

When you raid another player, it is your player Attack versus the other player's Building defense. This is not Player A's Attack Versus Players B's defense.

As always, we are always welcome to feedback and looking for more ways to make this more obvious to the player, maintain balance, and create better gaming experience. Thank you all for your input here and it has been noted by the development team.

junkkicker
10-13-2014, 02:58 PM

When you raid another player, it is your player Attack versus the other player's Building defense. This is not Player A's Attack Versus Players B's defense.

When did that change?

Tadaaah
10-13-2014, 03:09 PM
This isn't a change; this is still the original design.

Paiens
10-13-2014, 03:11 PM

As always, we are always welcome to feedback and looking for more ways to make this more obvious to the player, maintain balance, and create better gaming experience. Thank you all for your input here and it has been noted by the development team.

You have got to be kidding....this may be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

I will withhold the rest of what I am thinking

superman007
10-13-2014, 03:16 PM

Thank you for your clarification on this one. May I please ask why are we loosing units pretty badly when those units are not part of defense buildings. Something has definitely changed in past few weeks. It was not like this previously.

I Will Merc You
10-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Thank you Tadaah.

Trolls will see your response to this thread as an 'insult to their intelligence', or, 'another cookie-cutter response'.

...those of us looking for answers just got it. Thank you for that!

Mikethegreat88
10-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Tadaaah, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of some other game. In Modern War, we have attack stats in the billions and building defenses in the single digits to maybe thousands. Building defense has been negligible at best for over 2 years. Our ability to block raids IS directly related to overall defense.

However something changed a few days ago. It used to be that you could be raided by someone whose attack is 80% of your defense. Now their attack only needs to be around 30-40% of your defense. With the major Attack stat advantage everyone has, now even the strongest people can get raided by VERY weak players.

Gbrown
10-13-2014, 03:35 PM
AND the popup shows the players defense stat NOT the buildings stats.

Tony81
10-13-2014, 04:05 PM

You're wrong. Now please have your button pushers revert back to whatever it was before they got cute with this change. Or tell us that it won't so we can make sure another block of gold isn't purchased as stats no longer matter. My 2.5:1 attack to defense ratio will keep me alive in this game longer than gree has lights on.

Tony81
10-13-2014, 04:17 PM

How do I add skill points to my buildings? (I'll let this sink in a little. I don't think i need to explain why I'm asking)

Duncan00
10-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Def wrong. I would try to raid someone. Yes they had a higher def by like 800mil. Everytime my attack raised I would try and LOSE everytime. But now all the sudden I can beat him and his def is now over 1bil stronger then my attack. So taadah your full of crap. Y'all need to look into this alittle but more

Addwind
10-13-2014, 08:24 PM

If that was the case, please explain what use are player defense stats for?

Miss Soprano
10-13-2014, 09:16 PM

Come on Tadaaah! Stop with the nonsense.

sbs2716g
10-13-2014, 11:32 PM
May contact iTunes? DO IT MAN!

Just got raided by someone who's attack is 1.2 billion lower than my def. LOL

What a joke Gree is starting to be.

my faction mate with 1.2bill attack just raided successfully against a SUP guy with 3.6 billion def..

Mr llama
10-13-2014, 11:53 PM
This isn't a change; this is still the original design.It's not. Why is it so hard to get a mod that actually plays this game?

xAlphax
10-14-2014, 12:14 AM

Just make it Attack vs Defence none of this Building defence vs Attack as it makes no sense. And it's not rewarding people who have invested in your company.

MAD NUGGETT
10-14-2014, 12:40 AM
Mod is right. Nothing has changed.

Addwind
10-14-2014, 12:56 AM

Really??? World Domination has ALWAYS determined the winner by comparing attacker's attack stats against defender's defense stats. Mods, in case you didn't know it yet, no where in the results screen does it show building defense stats. Yes, there are times when there are close calls and Gree has always argued that the skill points are at work and there is a bit of randomness as part of the secret sauce. This WD is going to be interesting if everyone can win every attack, no matter how much higher the defense stats are for the defender compared to the attacker's attack stats. And by interesting, I mean pissed off customers.

Mods really need to familiarize themselves with the games they are moderating. Play the game once in a while so it doesn't make you look stupid when you give out dumb responses.

Annihilator2
10-14-2014, 02:10 AM

Maybe...
Stat inflation made defense buildings without any meaning.

But raid report shows clearly player's defense value.
We all expects that player's attacik VS player's defense will be counted.

warraw
10-14-2014, 07:50 AM

The community is right. You're a blinkin idiot.

warraw
10-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Ohh it's about building defence now huh?

So you're saying if someone with 1 billion def stats has 0 defense buildings, a player with 100k attack will beat him?

LOL

Go on digging a deeper grave GREE.

Gringo
10-14-2014, 09:05 AM
Have i seriously just read a mod tell us nothing has changed!
Are you kidding me!!!! Is there anyone working at gree that isnt on work experience?

ladyfizz27
10-14-2014, 09:53 AM

Rubbish. Something is broken and you need to fix it. I am sick of being raided by players with less than half attack to my defence, people spent real life, hard earned money to build stats, and now literally anyone can raid anyone. You have some seriously unhappy customers, player appreciation month? I don't think so. Maybe you should actually listen to us

Jaded Fusion
10-14-2014, 10:58 AM
R

This is a change, before it was based off the players def. Anywho wanna post all the building def stats for money buildings? And since we all have billions of ATTACK how do yall plan to make it so we can fend of raids?

Jaded Fusion
10-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Ohh it's about building defence now huh?

So you're saying if someone with 1 billion def stats has 0 defense buildings, a player with 100k attack will beat him?

LOL

Go on digging a deeper grave GREE.

It isn't based off the def buildings a player has it is off the def the building it self has. Every money building has built in def stats. This pretains to just raids. So no in your case player B with 100k stats couldn't beat player A with zero def buildings on a "ATTACK".

Kefa
10-14-2014, 11:57 AM

What's "Building Defense"? Buildings have no defense stat, and specific defense buildings are designed to add extra defense to the player's defense stat only to the buildings in their perimeter, but they are so outdated that the best non-gold one adds 75 defense points. As you should know, the reward for the last FLTQ masters event was a unit with attack over 6,000,000, so those are exactly useless.

Also, when you raid someone's building (attack a building), the "Raid Results" screen shows the player's defense stat and all his/her defense units. Nothing anywhere in the game suggests that buildings have inherent defense stat values.

Modern War is not like other games where buildings have their own hit point values. The player's defense stat defends every building on his/her base with the math being something like if your attack stat is at least 1/3 - 1/2 of the defender's defense stat, the raid has x% chance of being successful, with the % being closer to 100% the closer your atk stat is to their defense stat. And with the higher stats we see these days, that % is marginalized to ineffectiveness.

Gringo
10-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Well said Kefa! Can you add pictures so the halfwits running the game can get the basics. 😂
Basically any gold you have purchased was a total waste!

Adm. J(K96)
10-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Gree at its finest. Answering questions with no answer at all. No wonder you call yourself tadahhh. "Look over here at my deception, not over there at reality".

kmg108
10-14-2014, 12:43 PM
In theory, this is the beginning of the end. The game has now run its course and is being buried into the ground.

IPH is no longer important. The only point to build IPH is to have money to buy units with stats that are now worthless. Stats help you compete in WD to earn units and bonuses that are now worthless. You can also buy FL units with your IPH, which enables you to compete in FL to earn units/bonuses with stats that are now worthless. You can now afford to fight all those epic bosses to earn great prizes...which are now worthless as well. The moment has come where stats have no meaning, which means the game is over. There is no such thing as a building defense that can repel the crazy stats that are now considered normal.

Truth be told, I think I'm actually happy this happened. It has ruined the game to the point that only free players will continue to play. Once that happens, the plug will be pulled forever. It makes it that much easier for the masses to finally get off this addictive drug of a game. From this point forward, every building of mine that is raided will not be repaired. I will collect only what can be collected with the "collect all" button. At least that way I'm not giving away all my hard work to those that didn't bother to earn or pay for it. End rant. :)

Auspex
10-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Thought I would log in and see if Gree had responded yet to the death of the game. I see they missed it. Kind of a pity our faction was starting to actually play organized to bad there's no place to go and nothing to do anymore.

Captain Steelman
10-14-2014, 12:54 PM
What's "Building Defense"? Buildings have no defense stat, and specific defense buildings are designed to add extra defense to the player's defense stat only to the buildings in their perimeter, but they are so outdated that the best non-gold one adds 75 defense points. As you should know, the reward for the last FLTQ masters event was a unit with attack over 6,000,000, so those are exactly useless.

Also, when you raid someone's building (attack a building), the "Raid Results" screen shows the player's defense stat and all his/her defense units. Nothing anywhere in the game suggests that buildings have inherent defense stat values.

Modern War is not like other games where buildings have their own hit point values. The player's defense stat defends every building on his/her base with the math being something like if your attack stat is at least 1/3 - 1/2 of the defender's defense stat, the raid has x% chance of being successful, with the % being closer to 100% the closer your atk stat is to their defense stat. And with the higher stats we see these days, that % is marginalized to ineffectiveness.

Post so good it needed to be bumped so Tadaaah dont miss it....

J1mcrane
10-14-2014, 12:59 PM
How can Gree say nothing has changed when SO many are complaining about it!!! We want answers Gree!! We pay real money for this game, so as consumers please detail exactly how this new issue is occurring! Not your standard cookie cutter answer you have sent to me three times but a real answer, hell,go balls out and create a new thread!!! Just answer us PLEASE!!!!!!!

Auspex
10-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Because we have never known how the mechanics of the game work, Gree can change then at any time with no notice and no information. I still think it's asking us to swallow a pretty huge pill to pretend nothing was changed.

It was fun being able to raid some huge cash until I realized it had no value in game anyway. Had some fun times over the years in this game. I guess it's called suicide when a game implodes like this.

R.I.P. Modern war.

warraw
10-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Who has gotten money back so far?

I know I have. I hope everyone else does the same.

MAD NUGGETT
10-14-2014, 01:54 PM
The community is right. You're a blinkin idiot.

The community is misinformed as usual..

Tadaaah
10-14-2014, 02:25 PM

Actually, every building has its own defense stat. Remember when I first started and I was posting the Limited Time Building and posted one with the upgrades along the Defense stat? Everyone was asking "Is this a defense building?" even though it wasn't. Yea, it's that stat.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96429-LT-Building-SEALAB!-Robocorp-Research

This is the thread. People were asking about the defense. This is the defense referred to in Raiding. When you raid a building it goes against the Building's defense. When you attack a player in PvP or other such events such as World Domination, that is when you are facing the Player's stat.

With that being said, we can understand the confusion as per the statement in your middle paragraph. We'll discuss ways to make this more clear.

Does this help clarify some of this confusion?

swaggerfagger
10-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Actually, every building has its own defense stat. Remember when I first started and I was posting the Limited Time Building and posted one with the upgrades along the Defense stat? Everyone was asking "Is this a defense building?" even though it wasn't. Yea, it's that stat.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96429-LT-Building-SEALAB!-Robocorp-Research

This is the thread. People were asking about the defense. This is the defense referred to in Raiding. When you raid a building it goes against the Building's defense. When you attack a player in PvP or other such events such as World Domination, that is when you are facing the Player's stat.

With that being said, we can understand the confusion as per the statement in your middle paragraph. We'll discuss ways to make this more clear.

Could you make it more obvious how much defense buildings have, then? In raids at least.

Web323
10-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Less than a month ago your defense is what mattered in raids. So the game has changed. In theory, a level 10 player could raid a level 300 players building defense stats are nothing.

Tadaaah
10-14-2014, 02:52 PM
In theory, a level 10 player could raid a level 300 players building defense stats are nothing.

This is correct and there hasn't been a change. Again, this is for buildings and not facing the direct player.

Keep in mind that a level 10 player could also have army stats in the MILLIONS.

I Will Merc You
10-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Thank you Tadaaah!!

Captain Buck Slayer
10-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks tadaaah, you have been very helpful lately.

Gbrown
10-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Ok, take my L45 account with 40m attack. There is a player on my list that has a L3 printing company that I can raid. So if what you said is true I should be able to raid any L3 or lower printing company I see, even if the player has 5b defense. BUT I can't!! I can't raid a L1 from a player with ~250m defense! So what you are saying is obviously not correct. Same with my main account that is 1.5 years old that I have 13376 successful raids and 119 failed raids on, it never has mattered what building I was raiding only the players stats, trust me if it was the building I would have more successful raids.

Also if I take out the opponents boost buildings that boost their stats it will allow me to raid an when I was could not before.

Led
10-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Why do I lose growlers when my buildings are raided if my def has no effect??..

Web323
10-14-2014, 03:33 PM

Add lots of them

Mr llama
10-14-2014, 03:36 PM
This is correct and there hasn't been a change. Again, this is for buildings and not facing the direct player.

Keep in mind that a level 10 player could also have army stats in the MILLIONS.I'm sorry but you are wrong, raids have never been like this. If you played the game you would see what many of these old time players are saying

Web323
10-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry but you are wrong, raids have never been like this. If you played the game you would see what many of these old time players are saying

Only took part of what I said. It has always been defense vs. your attack.

Gbrown
10-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Oki did a test with an old account I don't play any longer. I picked buildings I can find plenty of, Supply depots.
My stats L113 attack is 37.7m.
Player #1 = def 30m supply depot L7. Raid was successful
Player #2 = def 6.3m supply depot L10. Raid was successful
Player #3 = def 135m supply depot L2. Raid was NOT successful

Bobar
10-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Seems I did not understand or learn to play that game the last three years.....

Wish gree employees would play their own apps.

Sounds like total rubbish to me to excuse a broken thing they can't fix.

Tadaaah
10-14-2014, 03:57 PM

These types of units' defense power is added into your building’s defense on a scale. This means not the total, but a portion of it. Therefore, they can be destroyed defending in a raid.

EDIT: Where the confusion appears to be stemming from is that the buildings defense is not obvious to the players. We are now discussing fixing this due to this discussion. It is, however, how the game has always been programmed to work.

General Luke
10-14-2014, 04:02 PM

Tadaah - please stop mis-informing the forum readers, especially newcomers to the game. You have not been here long enough to know the history of the game mechanics and what has or has not changed. This is a big issue right now because long-time players (2-3 years) know that something indeed has changed. It is possible that the developers told you that only building defense matters in raiding but this IS a change. Prior to a few weeks ago, it was always based on total defensive stats. Prior to a few weeks ago, you can get lucky and raid if your attack was 70-80% of the targets total defensive stats. It appears that the range has now dropped to 30-40%. Whether by design (allowing weaker players more opportunity to build IPH through raiding) or by developer error, who knows and who cares. The fact is, it is having a serious impact on the gaming experience, especially for those long-time players that have invested time and money in strengthening stats. Each player will make his/her own decision on how he/she will continue playing/spending on the game. As the moderator, please help us resolve these questions/issues and work with the developers to be more transparent with their intentions...and please minimize the misinformation. Thanks for your efforts.

Tadaaah
10-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Tadaah - please stop mis-informing the forum readers, especially newcomers to the game. You have not been here long enough to know the history of the game mechanics and what has or has not changed. This is a big issue right now because long-time players (2-3 years) know that something indeed has changed. It is possible that the developers told you that only building defense matters in raiding but this IS a change. Prior to a few weeks ago, it was always based on total defensive stats. Prior to a few weeks ago, you can get lucky and raid if your attack was 70-80% of the targets total defensive stats. It appears that the range has now dropped to 30-40%. Whether by design (allowing weaker players more opportunity to build IPH through raiding) or by developer error, who knows and who cares. The fact is, it is having a serious impact on the gaming experience, especially for those long-time players that have invested time and money in strengthening stats. Each player will make his/her own decision on how he/she will continue playing/spending on the game. As the moderator, please help us resolve these questions/issues and work with the developers to be more transparent with their intentions...and please minimize the misinformation. Thanks for your efforts.

Indeed, General Luke, this is what we are trying to accomplish, some transparency. Apologies, that this has not been explained better in the past, but this indeed how this function works.

We can understand where this confusion is coming from as the building's defense is not listed as opposed to the player's defense. We are now discussing changing this in the future to help clear up any confusion on this matter. Again apologies for the confusion.

General Luke
10-14-2014, 04:11 PM
I don't think the confusion is on our end :rolleyes:

Uhm...yeah. 14 pages and 132 replies...stop pointing the finger back to the customer.

Tadaaah
10-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Uhm...yeah. 14 pages and 132 replies...stop pointing the finger back to the customer.

No pointing fingers; apologies if you feel that way. The confusion is caused on our end, but the feature is functioning as it has been programmed.

mikeh20
Right I have been playing the game before there was factions. That whole time until a month or two ago I never even chanced raiding a player with defense 150% of my attack. I always won on every raid because you can tell if you would win solely on defense stats. Not some imaginary in the air defense boost like the new claim is from gree. The game is going down hill fast your going to lose all of your long term loyal players because of this disaster you claim has always been around. I'm pretty sure If that was the case it would of been mentioned a long time ago. Now listen I don't work for gree or have a master's degree of any kind but I may have a solution to this whole problem. Base it on players defense stats and building defense on your base. God was that hard or what.

General Luke
Indeed, General Luke, this is what we are trying to accomplish, some transparency. Apologies, that this has not been explained better in the past, but this indeed how this function works.

We can understand where this confusion is coming from as the building's defense is not listed as opposed to the player's defense. We are now discussing changing this in the future to help clear up any confusion on this matter. Again apologies for the confusion.

Thanks for trying...I still think it is not the explanation at issue. Based on your explanation above, I believe something has changed with the "scale" and how units are applied to defend buildings. Building defense has always been insignificant compared to army defense. It the "scale" changed, that would explain the changes we are seeing in the game.

Durt McGurt
10-14-2014, 04:26 PM
First... Just building defense for raids.... Then "these types of units" factor in but only on a scale.

What's next?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130711042458/clubpenguin/images/8/81/Genius-meme.png

Twist of Cain
10-14-2014, 04:33 PM
No pointing fingers; apologies if you feel that way. The confusion is caused on our end, but the feature is functioning as it has been programmed.

Spoken like a true politician. Where should I send my contribution?

Bobar
10-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Tadaaah, please do yourself a favor and stop telling us, nothing changed as it is not truth and makes you just implausible.

I respect your efforts to enlighten us and explain the new way to deal with defense.

I guess you know the defense of bunkers, rail guns and even those gold defense buildings. How can they protect us if almost every single unit you get in the events is better?

And even your mentioned ltb: defense raises as of 45 from 500.00 to 500.045. What's the sense in upgrading it to get 45 more defense? Last lte beginner gave us a unit with about 300k. So how can I as a gamer playing for three years now protect me against newbies? I'd really like to know cause I am getting mad of being raided by such weak players.

Lolsies
10-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Please people, be grateful that you actually get replies to your problems from time to time....

Bobar
10-14-2014, 04:52 PM
(Reminds me to CJ. Now and then I really wonder if the devs are monitoring the forum and it's kind of a game or way of making fun, change something without telling anyone and even to give mods wrong Infos intentionally)

Don't worry. Just a display glitch. Everything is working fine server side

BoogieMan
10-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Are you seriously trying to tell me my 2.8 billion defense I've payed for with real money does absolutely nothing to defend against being raided ? Yes I know buildings have a defensive value to them , they always have I get that but I call B.S on all of this nonsense . So your telling us that our defensive stats are only put to use when someone is trying to steal 3.6 million if we are over vault ? Lol . What a load of crap this game has become !

kmg108
10-14-2014, 05:08 PM
It's total bs that this is new and the "way it has always been". I have played this game for over three years and always been a strong player for my level. I would rarely ever see a successful raid on me...and now I see them every hour. There is an entire section in our profiles for "failed raids". Why would they be so high if we could have always raided anyone at any time? If the gross stat inflation has caused this, then the programmed building defenses should be adjusted to maintain economies of scale. You can't change one thing and not change all the other things that are impacted by the one change. It's just bad business.

junkkicker
10-14-2014, 05:38 PM

So if nothing changed then how come taking out a composite factory increases the chances of a raid... Granted we don't have to anymore, but thats how we used to do it when Def stats were much bigger than attack

GTZ
10-14-2014, 06:41 PM

So why the hell just not too long ago was I not able to raid players who where slightly stronger than me? And why was it that, not too long ago, players with less attack than my defense could not raid me? We have been playing this game like this for so long and now you Gree say something different when a lot of us players notice a BIG difference in gameplay? Hell even the weak free players notice the change and they are bragging and are happy about it.

For Gree to say nothing has changed despite all this, BS Gree you are full of it in this situation unless majority of players have amnesia or something. You guys are right, the best way to address this is to quit playing or only play leisurely and don't give these fools any more money. a lot of other games out there not to mention consoles where we don't have to wait for timers to play . . .

GTZ
10-14-2014, 06:48 PM
First... Just building defense for raids.... Then "these types of units" factor in but only on a scale.

What's next?

Ya on the support ticket response Gree told me this was happening because of skill points -- "some players have a lot of attack skill relative to your def skills, etc . . . " It was a skill point issue on my support ticket. Then I told them how much def skill I have and they went silent (crickets). No mention at all of it being based on building defense which is new to everyone but Gree and Tadaah.

Now on the forums, Gree says its based on building defense and has always been this way. Whatever is convenient I guess huh?

Tamalana Gree

Mr llama
10-14-2014, 07:26 PM
this time last month my mini with 200mill att could not beat someone with 2.6 billion defense, but thanks to the changes that are apparent to players only i can now do that 100% of the time without losing any of my $ units

Merc_mw
10-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Wow a lot to read and no one has pointed out the basics.

When you attacka building there is a pop up screen. Always has been. This pop up screen has information about your win/loss. The information on the opponent lets you know what their defense is, how many units used and the top 45 units used.

Wait let me recheck that. I must have missed the building defense that has always been how the software actually works. Must be hidden somewhere in there. Brb

No building defense this time either. Odd, as we are informed this is how it has always worked. I see player name, level, allies, defense, units used and if I scroll the top 45 units. BUT nothing about building defense.

hmm, it seems this programming that is working fine, like it always has been does not align with the programming shown to the players from day one. Ironically, the programming that players have seen since day one is how the software has behaved until recently according to the players that play the game.

Who's kidding who?

My Dad had a phrase, "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

Tony81
10-14-2014, 08:06 PM

Explain to me then why taking out someone's composite building would enable a person to successfully raid other buildings then. If it's the buildings defense that determined a raid, a totally different building should have absolutely NO bearing on a raid.

Just admit it. You have no idea what's going on... Other than looming bankruptcy.

Arc Burn
10-14-2014, 10:03 PM
As tiny said. If you don't know say so. Don't lie to us. This is unacceptable. Others have stated exactly how I feel already so I won't spell out how ridiculous and out of touch you really are. Support is just as bad as you, not answering questions and generic replies. You all do understand you are driving (paying) players away right?

Addition: btw I've been asking for an explanation on this through support for 3 weeks. Generic bs replies... it then got escalated to a player experience specialist who has straight up ignored me for over a week. Specialist my.... hind end

CaptainAwesome
10-14-2014, 11:13 PM
I've been playing since the Funzio days and there's definitely been some type of recent change to raiding. I used to get raided maybe once or twice a week. Now it's 15-20 per day. It would be really nice if the devs could give a straight answer about how this works. Is it just defensive buldings? Is it defensive buildings and a percentage of unit defense? Do defensive skill points factor in? If unit defense plays a role, is it all units or just certain ones? It's pointless to upgrade money buildings now since I can raid most anyone. Also, why would I continue spending real money to strengthen my total defense if it's only going to be useful for WD? It's as if Gree wants long time players to quit so they can finally end MW. The only consistency MW has ever had is the lack of communication. If the only information we're going to get is incorrect, I'd prefer Gree stay silent.

warraw
10-15-2014, 01:09 AM
If that's the case, why give out def boost to ground, air, infantry or sea units for?

Gree might as well give our "BUILDING DEF" since its ohhhhh soooooooo imptttttttt right now.

If there is anything worse than a broken game, its the lying cheating hypocrisy that permeates the broken game

Hobbs
10-15-2014, 01:57 AM
tadaah,
I don't know what the Devs are telling you and not saying it is your fault but the fact is IT HAS CHANGED!!
Here are the FACTS Prior to this Change.
A player would visit a base and check opponents defence,if your attack was higher you would generally win!If your attack was lower by a little you may have some successes/fails.
If you were a lot lower you simply would not be successful unless you could drop the opponents boost building or Composite Etc...
That is how it DID work,it doesn't now!!
Show me a player who disagrees with this!
If you have ever played the game prior to the last few weeks you would know this,if you havnt I would take the word from all these players in this thread that IT HAS CHANGED.
Not saying this is your fault just giving you an insight into how the game was played and what strategy USED to work before the changes.
Something is clearly broken with the game since last update.

Annihilator2
10-15-2014, 04:06 AM
A player would visit a base and check opponents defence,if your attack was higher you would generally win!If your attack was lower by a little you may have some successes/fails.

I can confirm that raids worked so.
One note: skill points impacted on raid result at time of correct raid work.

Bobar
10-15-2014, 06:08 AM
tadaah,
I don't know what the Devs are telling you and not saying it is your fault but the fact is IT HAS CHANGED!!
If you were a lot lower you simply would not be successful unless you could drop the opponents boost building or Composite Etc...
If you have ever played the game prior to the last few weeks you would know this,if you havnt I would take the word from all these players in this thread that IT HAS CHANGED.
Not saying this is your fault just giving you an insight into how the game was played and what strategy USED to work before the changes.

Nothing more to add. Exactly

Snatcher
10-15-2014, 06:49 AM
Deal with it its the new Mw

Paiens
10-15-2014, 06:55 AM
Tadaah stop the dam madness, get the developers to look into this, make it right, fix it! Period.

Why the hell would I have spent all this money and especially TIME to make a strong base with great stats only to be wiped out by someone with less than half my def stats?

Fix it...stop the BS. Just get it fixed.

Snatcher
10-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Guys just shut up and deal with it.... They dont fix Anything unless they brake something

Agent Orange
10-15-2014, 07:36 AM

I think the dev team has misinformed you again.

As everyone else has mentioned something has indeed changed, tested it myself and now can raid players that have much higher defense stats.

What you might have been told is that defense buildings are actually now 'working' as they were supposed to, for those new to the game and used to the way things 'worked' (note oxynoron) defense buildings appeared to have no effect. Also consider that these were added to the game for the most part and programmed by Funzio when someone with 100,000 stats was considered very strong....

My best guess is that a dev noticed that defense buildings weren't really programmed into the mix and had the bright idea to do so, but also stopped using a players defense stats. How IMHO defense buildings should of worked from the beginning is that they added a percentage to your overall defense stats and this could be mulitplied if you overlapped their defensive fields (that blue aura that pops up when you click on one). Then at least these buildings might have some strategic use in the game.

The other buildings do have a defensive value attached to them and that increased with the buildings level which is likely what you are talking about. Again the huge problem is that these values were applied way back when the game was first designed!

I honestly think I wouldn't have said the game is working as programmed or something to that effect because we've all grown used to the fact that the game has always been broken to some degree or was that comment intentional?

Mark-1
10-15-2014, 07:37 AM
1 billion attack against my 2.7 billion defense. 6 successful raids with no losses. This is typical now and it needs to be restored to how it worked before. What's the point in improving your stats if anyone can attack or raid you? Gree, please look into the changes made. Something was done to cause this change. You used to need your attack to be about 75% of the defense to have a shot. Now stats don't event matter. This is crazy insulting to your customers.

Agent Orange
10-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Guys just shut up and deal with it.... They dont fix Anything unless they brake something

Precisely what they want us to do. And for the record it has always been broken to begin with.

The logical question becomes, why play? Well I keep hoping that eventually they fix it and bring back some level of strategy however that hope is now fading fast...

Gringo
10-15-2014, 08:47 AM
As you can see by the many responses from those of us who have been stupid enough to play this game for a long time. There HAS been a change!!!
We are not liars, we have a good understanding of the game. I appreciate you giving feedback, but something in the last week or so is not working as before.
But i couldn't care less anymore, in a way im glad! Moved to a lower faction and will spend my spare cash on things more worthy.

Kefa
10-15-2014, 09:17 AM
tadaah,

It's true, it did change historically, and CJ posted about it when it did. Back when the game had the pvp/fvf event, you'd look for people who's BP rank was above yours and who's defense was slightly higher than your attack and raid their barracks or Elite Training Facility, and the BP you get from doing so would be substantially higher. If your atk was 85% of their def stat, your success rate would be about 50%. Below that and you'd lose.

usman
10-15-2014, 10:03 AM

precisely the reason I said no mods on this thread.

they don't help in diffusing the situation or offering a solution all they do is create more confusion

an earlier e.g would be when the new 30min war/fl where they didn't let us know if we could declare in the last hr or not and they wanted us to know we should know things by now

similarly over here they have no solution a similar argument where we are supposed to understand and believe that things were always this worse

so no more mods on this thread you guys are of no help

usman
10-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Seems I did not understand or learn to play that game the last three years.....

Wish gree employees would play their own apps.

Sounds like total rubbish to me to excuse a broken thing they can't fix.

yeah might take another three years to understand and then

they will change there mind again

mickymacirl
10-15-2014, 11:00 AM

Am, I'm sorry Tadaaah, but that's NOT what I am seeing. Ask the devs to check again.

I just raided a building on a player with 1.3 (1.3 billion defense) to my 6.5 attack and it's defo using over all defense, building defense bonus is 0.

Kefa
10-15-2014, 11:38 AM
These types of units' defense power is added into your building’s defense on a scale. This means not the total, but a portion of it. Therefore, they can be destroyed defending in a raid.

EDIT: Where the confusion appears to be stemming from is that the buildings defense is not obvious to the players. We are now discussing fixing this due to this discussion. It is, however, how the game has always been programmed to work.

Not only is it "not obvious", it's not even available to see at all, if it even exists.

And it's definitely not how it's always been. Anyone who has been playing the game for as little as 10 months remembers when they couldn't raid a player if their attack stat was less than 80-85% of the other player's defense stat, and even then a win was up to a random chance "spin".

Seriously, just because someone in the office who has worked there for a few months tells you something, that doesn't make it true or official. Well, maybe it's the "official position", but only in the political sense, since it's still untrue. The game has been around for years, and the people who have been playing long enough remember full well and accurately how things used to function before they were changed - and many things have been changed, including this.

Bobar
10-15-2014, 11:43 AM
precisely the reason I said no mods on this thread.

they don't help in diffusing the situation or offering a solution all they do is create more confusion

an earlier e.g would be when the new 30min war/fl where they didn't let us know if we could declare in the last hr or not and they wanted us to know we should know things by now

similarly over here they have no solution a similar argument where we are supposed to understand and believe that things were always this worse

so no more mods on this thread you guys are of no help

i still do prefer this moderated forum. and i still hope gree starts to do, what they planned to do: improving their public relations and giving better informations.

but it really has to start with a better communication between mods & devs.

it begins to be excatly the same story as with cj. he wanted to inform us, gave his best but got wrong infos from others and was blamed for it.

there are other forums without at least offical gree employees - try those if you dont want them generally.

Mikethegreat88
10-15-2014, 01:06 PM
An open dialogue with mods is exactly what we need. What frustrates us is when they randomly pop in and give a bit of wrong or confusing information and then don't follow up. A good dialogue would go like this:

Us: WTF is up with low attack people suddenly being able to raid buildings from much stronger people??

Mod: Nothing has changed. What you are seeing is player attack stats exceeding building defense stats.

Us: No, as experienced members we can tell you that's not true (as described in the last 169 posts).

Mod: Hmmm, I must be mistaken. You seem to know what you're talking about. I'll discuss with the developers and get back to you within a few hours.

Mod (a few hours later): After speaking with the developers, it appears they made a change which made it too easy to get raided. Since you worked so hard to build defense stats (and we're already giving out too much attack stats), we're going to revert back immediately to the original code. Thank you for your input.

Captain Steelman
10-15-2014, 01:13 PM
This thread is now close to 2 weeks old with 170 posts and still up high on page 1... I think that we, the players, address something that Gree have not fixed, nor explained in a satisfactory manner... Hence, it is time for Mr Tadaaah to have a meeting with the developers and get a clear answer to what we, the players, have been reporting and how it will be solved...

I cant imagine that is too much to ask for, or....?

Adm. J(K96)
10-15-2014, 02:29 PM
I cant imagine that is too much to ask for, or....?A vivid imagination you have.

WinkadInk
10-15-2014, 02:54 PM
So if this has been like this for awhile tadaah, answer this!

How can I with 1.6 Bil attack try to raid someone with 1.7 Bil def and fail 100% of 15 tries???

But someone with 250 mil attack raids me 100% success to my 910 mil def??

According to logic, I essentially yes should lose "some" when I raid and the guy who raided me should "fail" EVERY attempt. Keep in mind the guy who raided me didn't touch my defense builds or even my boost. And no they didn't have 2.5 Bil atk because when testing their defense they had a whopping 180 mil

I Will Merc You
10-15-2014, 03:11 PM
For 3 years, I've kept a weekly (most times daily) eye on this forum. I rarely speak, have always found my way back to the forum after an account ban (2 total), and use this forum to stay connected to the pixels that we call Modern War.

.....to all of you Verbose Veterans, and Prominent Poets, I commend all of you for your input into both MW, and this forum. Mickymacirl, Thief, Web, etc.. You guys (gals) have as much to do with my ability to continue playing MW for the past 3 years, as much as the gold junkies and developers have had (the aforementioned two may be one-in-the-same) ;)

GREE, the intelligence of the members of this forum shouldn't be taken for granted. When the speakers speak (minus the trolls), listen...learn....and implement. It is what keeps this game interesting....not the non-stop events..not the insane stats......it is in the evolution.

Now, on the flip side, we as a forum community really aren't very friendly. How transparent and how well do you communicate to people who are unfriendly. Only speaking to you resident trolls, who would rather use this forum to bathe in the misery that is your universe, than allow the people who are here to mediate change and transparency the freedom and opportunity to do so.

GREE, communicate better from the top-down. When you all are on the same page, communicate clearly to us.

General Raub
10-15-2014, 05:53 PM
There's an obvious issue tadaah... need to do more then just have developers look at this issue.

Stumps
10-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Ive been playing now for close to 3 yrs. heres how i thought it worked.

Player A- attacking- 200,000,000 att stats
Player B- defensive- 250,000,000 def stats, plus 45 bld def, plus 90 cannon def= 250,000,135

So if, Player A raids player B, they should lose- 200,000,000 vs 250,000,135
Then fudge in the skill points for a variation.

So, according to the mods, im 100% wrong, yet I have a 99% success rate. I wish i could play that well and not understand the game in a casino!

Tony81
10-15-2014, 07:01 PM
For 3 years, I've kept a weekly (most times daily) eye on this forum. I rarely speak, have always found my way back to the forum after an account ban (2 total), and use this forum to stay connected to the pixels that we call Modern War.

.....to all of you Verbose Veterans, and Prominent Poets, I commend all of you for your input into both MW, and this forum. Mickymacirl, Thief, Web, etc.. You guys (gals) have as much to do with my ability to continue playing MW for the past 3 years, as much as the gold junkies and developers have had (the aforementioned two may be one-in-the-same) ;)

GREE, the intelligence of the members of this forum shouldn't be taken for granted. When the speakers speak (minus the trolls), listen...learn....and implement. It is what keeps this game interesting....not the non-stop events..not the insane stats......it is in the evolution.

Now, on the flip side, we as a forum community really aren't very friendly. How transparent and how well do you communicate to people who are unfriendly. Only speaking to you resident trolls, who would rather use this forum to bathe in the misery that is your universe, than allow the people who are here to mediate change and transparency the freedom and opportunity to do so.

GREE, communicate better from the top-down. When you all are on the same page, communicate clearly to us.

Couldn't have said it better. Tired of us unfriendly intelligent trolls? Listen to us. We do know what we're talking about. I guarantee you that some of us invest more of our lives in this game than most gree employees. Don't give us apples and call them oranges. We know the difference.

Temp alliance boosts are enough to make the weak strong. Don't disregard our hard work too. Keep us happy and we don't bash you. Better yet, we give you money. It truly is in gree's best interest to not be... well... mentally handicapped.

Hopefully others realize that with gree's new attack boosts handed out for opening the app, the NEW lopsided raid system, and lack of support for issues, gold spending can go way down. It's actually coming to where I don't even think of buying more. Almost saddening.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
10-15-2014, 07:10 PM
I think the dev team has misinformed you again.

As everyone else has mentioned something has indeed changed, tested it myself and now can raid players that have much higher defense stats.

What you might have been told is that defense buildings are actually now 'working' as they were supposed to, for those new to the game and used to the way things 'worked' (note oxynoron) defense buildings appeared to have no effect. Also consider that these were added to the game for the most part and programmed by Funzio when someone with 100,000 stats was considered very strong....

My best guess is that a dev noticed that defense buildings weren't really programmed into the mix and had the bright idea to do so, but also stopped using a players defense stats. How IMHO defense buildings should of worked from the beginning is that they added a percentage to your overall defense stats and this could be mulitplied if you overlapped their defensive fields (that blue aura that pops up when you click on one). Then at least these buildings might have some strategic use in the game.

The other buildings do have a defensive value attached to them and that increased with the buildings level which is likely what you are talking about. Again the huge problem is that these values were applied way back when the game was first designed!

I honestly think I wouldn't have said the game is working as programmed or something to that effect because we've all grown used to the fact that the game has always been broken to some degree or was that comment intentional?

Spot on Agent Orange! I agree that a Dev adjusted the coding without knowing the reason why building defense stats where disabled.

warraw
10-15-2014, 09:26 PM
The game is broken. End of. Period.

Refund us all our hard earned money to build stats which now basically amounts to nothing!

I have done mine, have you?

warraw
10-15-2014, 09:32 PM
How many screw ups can one make before 'standing up to be counted'?

who remembers when GREE released the 1 gold plane unit that many of us bought only to have them remove them "because they made a mistake with pricing the unit"?

who subsequently remembers us mistakenly buying the ship with 2000+ gold for Frontline but GREE refused to honour refunds because we mistakenly bought the ships because we were fast tapping during deployment?

How many more do you guys remember of such lies, deceit and hypocrisy?

Splat!
10-16-2014, 01:38 AM

The moment this was posted, every one of us knew you don't play this game. It is a completely false statement and extraordinarily obvious to EVERYONE who does play MW! You were misinformed. That is a fact. It has never worked this way until a couple weeks ago. Who should you believe, Gree devs with an amazing streak of spectacularly bad mistakes, or every single one of us who know with 100% certainty that this is a very recent and an incredibly game ruining change, that if not corrected, gives none of us a reason to continue. Yet again, it's the customers who are right and yet again, Gree is ignoring us and denying or ignoring the obvious.

Defense means nothing for raids. And given the enormous temp bonuses, defense means nearly nothing for WD as nearly everyone can beat nearly everyone with Temp 85% Alliance Attack.

Flat out - if Gree employees told you this is not a recent change, then those employees have no idea whatsoever what they are talking about. Guaranteed. I've done 47,000 raids over 16 months! How many raids has the person who told you this wrong information have? Any? Why do customers need 12 pages to tell this to gree over and over and over again? I'm in a couple factions. Every single person who played this game for just a few months know this is definitely a recent change 2-3 weeks ago and NOT the original design.

Captain Steelman
10-16-2014, 06:19 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/35/35b1ea54c14c130724fe26fe4bfe40a2e4dabad565a472e30f abddd7f7097b46.jpg
Well, that kind of explains it....

kmg108
10-16-2014, 06:31 AM
RIP Bob Ross.

Bone Daddy
10-16-2014, 06:44 AM
The expiration date for this game expired so long ago, its like eating a moldy twinkie these days.

Twist of Cain
10-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Next comes next

I Will Merc You
10-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Bump this.

GREE, any updates would be great!

droffatsto50
10-16-2014, 02:32 PM
It's alright for me, nuked my base before so have a terrible IPH while I can raid others for 600M haha. Although it is annoying for them, so GREE really need to check what is going on

Huj
10-16-2014, 03:30 PM
But raiding SUP tappers as a free to play player is so much fun! :)

SiaoNam
10-16-2014, 06:43 PM
But raiding SUP tappers as a free to play player is so much fun! :)

Fully agreed.

Gree given us Free stamina is now in GOOD USE.. Enjoy the funs.
:o

Bobar
10-16-2014, 11:02 PM
It's alright for me, nuked my base before so have a terrible IPH while I can raid others for 600M haha. Although it is annoying for them, so GREE really need to check what is going on

One man's meat is another man's poisen...

It's so annoying having more than a billion attack, a disproportional defense of 600M and then getting raided by players with less than a half attack Att to my def. (oh no, as I learned my def is not my def of I get raided, it's just (ehm how to name it?))

Still waiting for an answer how to protect the base these days when you get millions for even beginner ltes but rail guns with 75def

steelhead
10-17-2014, 01:05 AM
They might have changed it to raw stats, instead of overall stats. That would explain it, they might not know it themselfs. Lol

Napgar
10-17-2014, 02:30 AM
The moment this was posted, every one of us knew you don't play this game. It is a completely false statement and extraordinarily obvious to EVERYONE who does play MW! You were misinformed. That is a fact. It has never worked this way until a couple weeks ago. Who should you believe, Gree devs with an amazing streak of spectacularly bad mistakes, or every single one of us who know with 100% certainty that this is a very recent and an incredibly game ruining change, that if not corrected, gives none of us a reason to continue. Yet again, it's the customers who are right and yet again, Gree is ignoring us and denying or ignoring the obvious.

Defense means nothing for raids. And given the enormous temp bonuses, defense means nearly nothing for WD as nearly everyone can beat nearly everyone with Temp 85% Alliance Attack.

Flat out - if Gree employees told you this is not a recent change, then those employees have no idea whatsoever what they are talking about. Guaranteed. I've done 47,000 raids over 16 months! How many raids has the person who told you this wrong information have? Any? Why do customers need 12 pages to tell this to gree over and over and over again? I'm in a couple factions. Every single person who played this game for just a few months know this is definitely a recent change 2-3 weeks ago and NOT the original design.

You're 110% correct, Splat! - Thanks for putting it so clear !!
GREE owes an explanation and fast - it completely undermines the fabric of the game and is against any logic.
Within the faction I'm in (top 50), most of the players are losing interest because of this - two already dropped the game and I'm afraid more will follow soon... including myself.

Ozymandias
10-17-2014, 04:20 AM
LOL... just raided someone with 1.5bn defence with my 500m attack LLP...

usman
10-17-2014, 04:30 AM
LOL... just raided someone with 1.5bn defence with my 500m attack LLP...

so 1.5BN was his defence? or what was that his building defence?

oh yeah right

you dont know that

Splat!
10-17-2014, 05:13 AM
So let's recap. A major game flaw was reported here by a great many as having been made by Gree 2-3 weeks ago. Some unknown Gree employee gave unquestionably wrong information to Tadaaah, which he believed to be true, despite everyone here saying otherwise. Every single one of us gave the same story, and yet none of us were believed.

Gree's response have gone viral on all the MW chat rooms, with unanimous and harsh feedback, that remains utterly ignored in this thread, and now there is no response at all from Gree. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, my DL and 2 officers quit over this latest fiasco. There is a sudden flood of accts for sale, clearly built with the Gree Gold Program, but no more, who have seen their final straw, and yet still all MW customers remain ignored. Miss anything?

What do you bet the silence is because Gree mods are off happily collecting info to share with us on this BRAND NEW game change, and thinking that telling us a couple million or less in building defense should somehow be a Good game balance against the Billion Plus Attack stats that nearly all of us now have? Who bets that mods will be oblivious that 500,000 building defense is useless given current Attack stats and LTQ prizes?

How dumb is the building defense NEW design given frequent stat inflations that even if set correctly when bldng purchased, would soon cease to have any protective value. There is a good reason bldng defense was Never, Never, Never part of the original game design, and only changed 2-3 weeks ago!

1brent1
10-17-2014, 05:49 AM
GREE, Its CRAZY you knowingly have this huge issue that's effecting your paying customers and you're not doing anything about it with zero communication regarding a fix.

I'm hearing lots of people quiting over this. Because without our defennse working as it has prior to this recent change there's no point to continue. Specially when we've spent thousands trying to build up our defennse like myself. I know I'll be quiting since playing from the beginning if you don't fix this ASAP.

I recommend getting on here right away, being honest saying you'll have it fixed or changed back right away. Saving those customers that are close to finally quiting.

PS. With the way our defennse now works only helping toward attacks... I personally careless if I logon and see someone successfully attacked me 10+ times. So no point for me to spend anymore trying to build defennse if I continue to play. Majority of my $ buildings and good portion of my defennse buildings are level 10 so I can't gain anything there or pay more money to help with these people raiding me with less then half my stats. Which is REALLY frustrating to see.

1brent1
10-17-2014, 05:53 AM
So let's recap. A major game flaw was reported here by a great many as having been made by Gree 2-3 weeks ago. Some unknown Gree employee gave unquestionably wrong information to Tadaaah, which he believed to be true, despite everyone here saying otherwise. Every single one of us gave the same story, and yet none of us were believed.

Gree's response have gone viral on all the MW chat rooms, with unanimous and harsh feedback, that remains utterly ignored in this thread, and now there is no response at all from Gree. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, my DL and 2 officers quit over this latest fiasco. There is a sudden flood of accts for sale, clearly built with the Gree Gold Program, but no more, who have seen their final straw, and yet still all MW customers remain ignored. Miss anything?

What do you bet the silence is because Gree mods are off happily collecting info to share with us on this BRAND NEW game change, and thinking that telling us a couple million or less in building defense should somehow be a Good game balance against the Billion Plus Attack stats that nearly all of us now have? Who bets that mods will be oblivious that 500,000 building defense is useless given current Attack stats and LTQ prizes?

How dumb is the building defense NEW design given frequent stat inflations that even if set correctly when bldng purchased, would soon cease to have any protective value. There is a good reason bldng defense was Never, Never, Never part of the original game design, and only changed 2-3 weeks ago!

Bump to top. Well put!

jeffvan
10-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Thanks GREEdy for not listening to us and helping me not to buy any of your fake economy this weekend for war. Gold embargo now until you sort yourself out.

warraw
10-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Using up my last bits of gold and the beauty is that I got cash back. You guys should do the same.

For the first time ever, I didn't even bother getting to 150 boss kills. Why should it matter anyway?

ASHOdamatel
10-17-2014, 07:46 AM
tadaah is correct this is how the game was designed originally. Then player's reached max level and max stats for game design and PUN was getting to where they couldn't have a advantage over other player's. So GREE increased the levels and made your overall defense stats included in raid attacks due to there was not a defense building strong enough for stat inflation. Now they removed that line of code and everyone is raiding and leveling at a massive rate for one reason of two reasons one to accommodate SUP players they need better targets for war so they turn all player's into raiding machine's. And or next cycle I am sure there will be some major out of pocket expense to get new defense building bonuses or buildings.

iluvmass
10-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Doesn't bother me too much it's just a game, enjoy it for what it is

Mikethegreat88
10-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Doesn't bother me too much it's just a game, enjoy it for what it is

It is a big deal to most people who have a lot of time and money invested in the game.

Biker
10-17-2014, 08:54 AM
This is not new as I have a perfect example, a guy raided me about 4 weeks ago and lost, took a screen shot of it to show his top 250 faction my stats. Hit me again two days ago and beat me 12 times in a row, I posted on his wall and we chatted about it on groupme, Gree will tell us it's skill points and blah blah blah but here is the break down for this one account. Skill points from the attacker is 84 and my def points are 163, since he raided me 4 weeks ago I have actually outpaced him with my def compared to his Att by over 300 mil so logic dictates if nothing changed he won't be able to beat me again. So when a guy with an 800mill Att can beat my 2.6bill yes I said billion attack we have a problem, yes it is a game and its not really a big deal getting hit but when you look at all the veteran accounts that dropped lots of cash building this game up from the start and now I can see all our work getting our le and iPh high we have accounts raiding our cash after spending nothing on the game. Ok so you say just hit them back but when their bases are lucky to have any le buildings above a lvl 3 what is the point. The players that spend years building up the accounts by spending and fighting should have an advantage over weaker accounts, it's just common sense but the way I see it now Gree has us veterans paying for the weaker or new accounts so they can compete in FA as cash is king now. So in summary what is the point now on building up iPh or stats, you can raid anyone and just take cash from the veterans. I have had 5 accounts with this game and now have dropped to just one, gold free from now on until they fix this game or I stop playing as nothing is a challenge reaching any goals now. Gree stop pretending nothing changed as it is obvious it has.

A little long and sorry for that but needed to vent as sick of hearing from tickets BS answers that nothing has changed and its all based on skill points.

Rob TRK
10-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Loads of valid points. Just waiting to see how this pans out in WD... I'm not longer that bothered about cash, always plenty available for FL units and LE buildings. The crunch, for me,will be the impact over this weekends activities...

I Will Merc You
10-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Keep at the top.

Resolve.

Ozymandias
10-17-2014, 10:15 AM
WD points have always been based on building defence. Nothing has changed

Tadaaah
10-17-2014, 11:26 AM
After exhaustive review, we’ve determined that the base raiding systems are working as designed. The recent introduction of Mission Plan temporary bonuses have given more players the opportunity to earn temporary attack bonuses that provide sufficient strength to raid the buildings of more powerful opponents.

psuengineer
10-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Laughable!!!!

after exhaustive review, we’ve determined that the base raiding systems are working as designed. The recent introduction of mission plan temporary bonuses have given more players the opportunity to earn temporary attack bonuses that provide sufficient strength to raid the buildings of more powerful opponents.

Lift Ticket
10-17-2014, 11:42 AM
After exhaustive review, we’ve determined that the base raiding systems are working as designed. The recent introduction of Mission Plan temporary bonuses have given more players the opportunity to earn temporary attack bonuses that provide sufficient strength to raid the buildings of more powerful opponents.

Working as designed?? Really...

So a person with 750 million att stats should WITHOUT FAIL be able to successfully raid a person with 2.5 billion defensive stats (not including building def)? tadaaah......that's a little Greediculous, don't you think?

Addwind
10-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Good. Then the next step is to check the "design".

Evil Mastermind
10-17-2014, 11:51 AM

Wrong. It's pretty easy to visit the raider after losing and see that they do not have the necessary stats to beat me. Temp boosts or not.

1S1K
10-17-2014, 12:49 PM
After exhaustive review I have determined that "nail...meet coffin!!!!"

Unreal.....

J1mcrane
10-17-2014, 01:04 PM

Ok then, so there must be a variable that you can enter that enables our building defence to be equally effective as it was before?
If building defence is an important part of the defensive structure, why have you completely ignored this mechanic of the game? You give out these boosts and inflate our stats but allowed our building defence not to increase with the stat inflation..........that's not very forward thinking is it! Surely you didn't intend this to happen?
So as a resolution, just increase our building defence so as its on the level it was 6 weeks ago......thus making the Modern War world a more balanced place!

Bobar
10-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Tadaah really? Are you serious?

IF it is like designed fire those with out any idea of strategic management. Your ship is sinking, you kill the game. Almost everybody can raid anyone. No defense at all. There is no sense in that. And btw there was no need for this massive inflation making gold and Valor units useless again. Rethink the design!

I suggest we all send in a Ticket every time it happens. EVERYONE. Every time

1S1K
10-17-2014, 01:15 PM
I have...they just stop responding

Mikethegreat88
10-17-2014, 01:46 PM

Thank you Tadaaah, but we are well aware of the temporary bonuses. The enemy's attack stats are clearly visible and they include the temporary bonuses. The problem is not that other people are suddenly stronger. The problem is that anyone can now be attacked by people with a much smaller PERCENT of the defender's defense. It used to be that the attacker had to be at least 80% of the defender's defense. Now it's around 30%. While stats constantly increase, the ratio should stay the same. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but did you even read all these posts? The issue was clearly explained at least 30 different times by 30 different people.

superman007
10-17-2014, 01:56 PM

Lets assume that your suggestion is correct for a moment. I have 3.2B defense and last night I was raided by player with 1.2B attack. If the player has temporary boost of around 50% then it makes the revised attack would be close to 1.8B attack. How can a player with 1.8B attack beats 3.2B defense? Are you telling us now that the culprit is temp boost? so when do we get to hear the actual facts rather than changing story lines. It is becoming more comical now. This was not case about 2-3 weeks ago.

BoogieMan
10-17-2014, 02:46 PM

Exhaustive review ? Sounds more like you walked over to the next cubicle ....
"They are still complaining "
"Tell the idiots it's the temp boost "

You can't be serious ! So now it's changed so the "free players " can raid the loyal paying customers ?
What a joke !

I Will Merc You
10-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Exhaustive review ? Sounds more like you walked over to the next cubicle ....
"They are still complaining "
"Tell the idiots it's the temp boost "

Thank you. I really wanted my Dr. Pepper sprayed all over this PC. Lol, too funny.

Adm. J(K96)
10-17-2014, 03:35 PM
6866Really Gree?

crazeejay
10-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Get over it and move on

warraw
10-17-2014, 05:50 PM

Aye u for real? Seriously? Temp Bonus attacks whichever way u wish to slice and dice it still gives u a final attack stat.

And if this final attack stat after factoring all sorts of temp bonus attack is for eg: 500m, it still DOES NOT make it justifiable to beat someone else with 1.5b defence. GET IT?

Gees, it's gone from laughable to pure idiocy

One ridiculous reply after another. How do u sleep at night knowing you are working for retards?

Syrxen
10-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Get over it and move on

Hard to move on if people paid a ton of money on this game, yet they get raided by low people.

Personally i haven't spent anything, but i don't think it is fair though.

andy2
10-17-2014, 06:10 PM
How do you live with yourselves, knowing that your entire company is full of ^%$# and you have to be the ones to deliver it.

Socks
10-17-2014, 06:17 PM
I don't exactly care what we're being told, what we're being told is wrong. The people that play the game know this. The people that code the game do not.

Notice a correlation between the ridiculous ticket replies we get, and the patronization we're getting in this thread? They all share a common source. That source is wrong.

JimmyThePick
10-17-2014, 06:55 PM
I don't exactly care what we're being told, what we're being told is wrong. The people that play the game know this. The people that code the game do not.

Notice a correlation between the ridiculous ticket replies we get, and the patronization we're getting in this thread? They all share a common source. That source is wrong.

Reread the 1st paragraph. It bears repeating.

usman
10-18-2014, 12:35 AM

hahahahahahahahahabahahbaha

lmao
lol
rofl
lolololol
bahahahahah a
bahahahahah a
boooooo

bam bam.
10-18-2014, 02:48 AM

Mate, seriously. You have got hundreds of players who know this game inside and out. They have tried for a couple hundred posts to stop you from making a fool of yourself. It has changed!. It's throwing the balance of the game off.

Hows about a way out for you without admitting you're wrong and you can do a lil politicians sidestep.

Launch a review into the process and make a more fair equation. Do it speedily. It doesn't matter if the old equation stayed the same and the new introductions are what threw it off balance. Here, you save a lil face and you do the right thing by the hundreds of players commenting on a playability issue.

Work with us, rather than on your own. Instead of I'm new and I know everything. Say I'm new what's needed to rebalance the game?, and I will work WITH you to restore the balance in the game.

Magic. You get to save the day without admitting the devs have led you down the wrong path.

Also pick up a pad n play this bloody game. Seriously dude.

dan2407
10-18-2014, 03:28 AM
What tadaahh doesn't realise is his reply has cost this game a lot of money in gold purchases, why would we use money for boosts that are essentially useless?

HellRaizer
10-18-2014, 04:05 AM

Really!! This says otherwise

http://s27.postimg.org/bscn7rs4z/image.jpg

bam bam.
10-18-2014, 04:26 AM
This is out of control lol. What's new

Zepson
10-18-2014, 04:45 AM
They have tried for a couple hundred posts to stop you from making a fool of yourself. It has changed!. It's throwing the balance of the game off. Here, you save a lil face and you do the right thing by the hundreds of players commenting on a playability issue. Work with us, rather than on your own.

Exactly! What do you really think Tadaah? That all these hundreds of players are wrong and know nothing about this game? And some half asleep dev got it right? Take a look at the screenshot above, still need more proof?
Tell the devs that there is truly a problem and that there is proof and FIX IT !
If not, lose a lot of paying customers. The choice is yours...

usman
10-18-2014, 07:10 AM

that guy you raided must have crappy building defence :p

HayeZeus
10-18-2014, 07:11 AM
It only took me 3 minutes to file the complaint with iTunes. I got my refund 2 days later.

Took 1 email.

1S1K
10-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Time for a class action law suit guys! Personally I've had enough of their lies and spitting in our face! It's time for every gold user to say "enough is enough" and NOT buy another bar until they fix this or the game dies and we stop putting money in the pockets of people who continue to insult us as players!!!!

I Will Merc You
10-18-2014, 07:39 AM

Holy F batman.

You mean to tell me that if I ever get my defense to 4.4b, that I will be successfully looted by somebody with 1.1b attack.

This isn't t-ball. Everyone should not be a winner. Everyone should not get a trophy.

GREE is giving us the whole thing, without the common courtesy of a reach-around, while all the while telling us that we are in fact F'ing ourselves.

Socks
10-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Reread the 1st paragraph. It bears repeating.

I don't have to reread anything. The screenshot above proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that what we're being told is absolutely incorrect.

Dickwad
10-18-2014, 08:19 AM

So what is the point of being in a top faction and having defense stats again ???

bam bam.
10-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Holy F batman.

You mean to tell me that if I ever get my defense to 4.4b, that I will be successfully looted by somebody with 1.1b attack.

This isn't t-ball. Everyone should not be a winner. Everyone should not get a trophy.

GREE is giving us the whole thing, without the common courtesy of a reach-around, while all the while telling us that we are in fact F'ing ourselves.

Brilliant, I think you have captured the communities view on this quite eloquently mate

Bobar
10-18-2014, 10:12 AM
And just to prove you are mistaken and devs are telling you bull**** we will see on Monday after WD without all boosts (as you bring them as an argument) that it's still broken.

Huj
10-18-2014, 12:08 PM
And I thought getting 18-19k BP was good <drools>

Pippette
10-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Ok Gree it's clear that you consider things are working as planned whilst all your customers believe something has changed with the majority expressing their opinion that it is for the worse.

Putting aside this difference of views and the fact that those who play day in and out know best as to how things actually work, rather than the way developers intend just consider the effect of the situation as it stands.

There is no incentive to increase Attack as there is no shortage of players to raid/attack and since defence is actually no defence this is not going to change. There is no incentive to increase defence as it is impossible to increase it enough to reduce significantly the number of guys who can raid.

Since there is nothing to be gained from increasing stats (actually one could argue it is detrimental as it negatively impacts WD points and total faction stats, which possibly affects WD matching) what is the incentive to spend real $ to increase stats?

If there is no incentive to increasing stats then spending on the game will reduce and Gree profits will fall.

This is what really amazes me, we are used (but don't accept) to being treated as cash cows rather than valued customers but why are you intent on killing the cash cow?

J1mcrane
10-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Tadaaah! I hate to question your position, but what exactly is your working relationship with the developers? Are you constantly in contact with these people in an office environment? Probably not! So it seems you believe everything they tell you over email, send me your email address, I've got one billion Ugandan dollars I need to transfer out of the country, send me your bank details and we can split it!

Ajk
10-18-2014, 03:39 PM
I would love to read what Jerl has to say. Isn't he the one who has to fix everything around here? Jerl, please enlighten us, we all as players know that there is some super funkin stuff going on here exept for the mods.

He pops in here once in a while when the **** hits the fan. Now would be a great time but, it is a weekend.

Stumps
10-18-2014, 03:55 PM
I suppose the constant game freezing is part of the original programming as well. How annoying is this when trying to farm folders.

Splat!
10-19-2014, 06:04 AM

Is there one single customer/player who has one single ounce of confidence left in our current Mod? It's time to go, right? Utter incompetence. He is CJ45 all over again. Not the tiniest clue about the game he is paid to support, nor an ounce of common sense. I'm ready to quit as leader and tell all my 60 guild to do the same. Give us a new Mod or iTunes gives us all our money back since the beginning. My DL quit, is selling acct, AND iTunes is giving ALL his money back - $15,000. Former ST6 member. My DL filed for Fraud with iTunes, and they agreed last week to give everything back. Once he sells his acct, he will have made money.

Whoever runs polls, put it up. Who demands a new Mod? All of us, right? Someone capable of "exhaustive, ha ha, research" that results in correct answers. Someone capable of listening to what every single customer has told them, without ignoring all of us and insulting our intelligence. Bye. Next.

Mikethegreat88
10-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Tadaaah, can we get an update now that the weekend is over and everyone at Gree is back to work?

Hobbs
10-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Yes,let's have a straight answer!!
We all know it's changed the Questions are:
Are you going to admit this?
What are you going to do to solve this issue?
Then the Players who have voiced their concerns can decide where to go from there!
Personally I will not buy ONE MORE GOLD BAR unless it's fixed but that's just my decision.

Tony81
10-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Personally I will not buy ONE MORE GOLD BAR unless it's fixed but that's just my decision.

Good choice. Put in my 125k WD gold-free. Hope I hurt gree just a little. Want my money? Give us customer service.

Tadaaah
10-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Tadaaah! I hate to question your position, but what exactly is your working relationship with the developers? Are you constantly in contact with these people in an office environment? Probably not! So it seems you believe everything they tell you over email, send me your email address, I've got one billion Ugandan dollars I need to transfer out of the country, send me your bank details and we can split it!

We're in the same office. I walk over and talk to them daily; typically fighting for y'all. We'll work on getting Jerle's answers for everyone.

EDIT: Recap of what I've posted in this thread:
-Player Defense is not used in calculating the Building Raid outcome; Building Defense is used.
-We are aware that this can be confusing, as you, the players, cannot see what your Building Defense is.
-After further review, the recent introduction of Mission Plan temporary bonuses have given more players the opportunity to earn temporary attack bonuses that provide sufficient strength to raid the buildings of more powerful opponents.