PDA

View Full Version : Now Accepting Applications for November Forum Moderators

Clementine
10-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Applications are now being accepted for our inaugural team of Forum Moderators, who will take their positions beginning November 1st, 2014!

Please make sure you review all official program details and rules (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?99859) prior to submitting your application. Incomplete applications, or users who do not meet the minimum requirements, will be deemed ineligible.

Timeline & Schedule

- October 15th - Submission deadline for applications. This thread will be locked and no late submissions will be accepted after this date.

- October 17th - Review all applications and send out offers (via PM) to those accepted

- October 24th - Last day for user to accept or decline the position offer

- October 31st - Accepted and confirmed Forum Moderators announced to the community

- November 1st - Inaugural team of Forum Moderators officially start!

Important Links & Information

- Official Program Details & Application (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?99859)

- Terms of Service (http://product.gree.net/us/en/terms)

- Forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96769-Forum-Code-of-Conduct)

Please submit your application on this thread! Good luck to all!

legalious
10-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Application Date: 10/2/2014
Forum User Name: legalious
Active Member Since: April 2014 (Forum) / Feburary 2014 (ingame)
GREE Game(s) Played: Knights and Dragons / Crime City
In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s): WBP-HMG-HMV

Why do you want to be a Forum Moderator and what makes you a good fit for this role?
I would like to be a Forum Moderator to assist new players with building an constructive environment with others to build upon. Not everyone is good with communications and I want to assist by bringing the community together. Since the current forum moderators are Gree employees, it limits the time for them to moderate. I would provide assistance to those off hours that require more of a direct action and response.

Do you have any previous experience as a Forum Moderator/Admin? If yes, please explain.
Yes, I have been an Admin for various forums in the past. I was the Original Members for Counter Strike groups, Minecraft, WOW, Runescape, DMO, and other various games I have played in the past. During such time, I would update and clean up the forums with news, events and contests. Providing a direct line of communications and feedback is what I like to provide.

What is your favorite GREE game and why?
Knights and Dragons. This game has every type Art and Character design that I look for in Fantasy style games. Now if only I can get some merchandise.

Are you comfortable moderating the entire forums or only for certain games?
I can moderate the entire forums for clarity and information. Certain aspects of the game will be out of my scope but discussions and communications within the community will be the main focus.

What was a controversial change in a GREE game that you did not like? Why?
Removal of LAW. The quick removal was the main issue. I would have posted an end date prior to the release of the cancellation status.

How do you tell the difference between constructive criticism and blatant bad mouthing?
The topic has to flow with the discussion. This has to be viewed by a case by case basis.

Ex.
“This update does not work and should be fixed” – Constructive (yet vague)
“Gree please fix your **** of an update” – Bad

What would you do if a user made a post that attacked you personally, how would you handle it?
Depends on the situation. If there is no information that I can build upon and the poster intended to cause me stress I would flag it first. If it continued then I would just post the Fourm Code of Conduct that they have violated, and so on.

How much time per week can you commit to being a forum moderator?
Almost every day for more than 4 hours. Weekends are harder but I believe that is when forum moderators should be more active.

Have you read and understood the GREE Forum Code of Conduct & the GREE Terms of Service?
Of course. Don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, so to speak.

Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
I am quite an avid gamer and an Trainer/Tech Writer (which is how I understand coding). I have played an array of games such as Battlefield, WOW, Diablo, POE, Digimon, Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, Kingdom Hearts, Mortal Kombat, Portal and many more. My main Enneagram Type is Troubleshooter, so that means I will work with you to find the problem and fix it. Making people happy makes me happy as well.

Lolsies
10-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Application Date: 02/10/2014
Forum User Name: Lolsies
Active Member Since: December 2013 (Forum) August 2013 (In game)
GREE Game(s) Played: War of Nations
In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s): Spartan_Lolsies (W2)

Why do you want to be a Forum Moderator and what makes you a good fit for this role?
I want to be a Forum Moderator because it allows me to be the connection between GREE and the players. The moderators on the forums are not on as often because they work for GREE and are very occupied. Being a moderator would allow me to directly address player concerns and make them feel better. After seeing an increase in communication from moderators (better service), the players would be encouraged to become more active on the forums to report glitches, issues with the game, offer ideas on other events, and eventually increase their interest in the game.
I would make a good fit for the role as I am almost always active on the forums (you'll see me in different game threads from time to time) and I know many things about multiple games (but not as much as my main game of course).

Do you have any previous experience as a Forum Moderator/Admin? If yes, please explain.
Sadly, no. I am hoping to take on this role to gain more experience and become an excellent moderator. I want to become part of the many people that I have looked up to for a long time.

My favourite GREE game is by far War of Nations (woohoo). I love the game because of the communication with other players. The aspect of war is so real that you may feel like a commander once you are into the game. You get a true feeling of teamwork when you work together with your alliance to succeed in events.

I am comfortable moderating the entire forum. Although I know the most about WoN, I am a very curious person, and immersing myself in different games will allow me to increase my knowledge about the kind of amazing games GREE has created.

In War of Nations, a controversial change to me was adding teleports into the game. I imagined the scenario: My enemies zoom into combat, wipe my troops, and port out instantly in the matter of minutes....It was not my cup of tea, if you will. People began to fear, complain, and overall just create chaos about the teleports in the game. It took quite some time before we adapted to this new addition in the strategy game.

How do you tell the difference between constructive criticism and blatant bad mouthing?
The difference between constructive criticism and blatant bad mouthing (at least in my opinion) is that constructive criticism allows more discussion about the topic and it points out the cons of certain ideas without being aggressive. For example: "Your idea is good, but there are some issues that needs to be adressed." Blatant bad mouthing is simply swearing for the sake of swearing eg. You're a ***king idiot. It normally occurs in a situation where there is controversy about a certain idea/topic and two or more people create tension/friction between one another.

What would you do if a user made a post that attacked you personally, how would you handle it?
Personally, for the first offence, I would probably ignore it. They would be just trying to get to me. I would flag the posts after a few offences (3 mabye). I would include a warning to their posts. If they continue abusing or attacking me, I would ban them after stating their violation of the Forum Code of Conduct.

I can commit around 3/4 hours every day to being a forum moderator.

Have you read and understood the GREE Forum Code of Conduct & the GREE Terms of Service?
Yes, I have read and understood the GREE Forum Code of Conduct and the GREE Terms of Service.

I am quite a fan of the game Clash of Clans (another good strategy game). I am very nice, and I have almost never swore in my entire life (seriously). In my pastime, I like to play War of Nations, break ankles in basketball, create awesome plays in ultimate frisbee, carve up some black hills in skiing, and ace people in tennis.

Thank you for the opportunity.

DragCro
10-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Application Date: 10/3/2014
Forum User Name: DragCro
Active Member Since: 9/11/2012(Forum) / from the start of the game i am playing Ka
GREE Game(s) Played: Kingdom Age
/Knights and Dragons / Crime City/Modern war/Monster quest/Legends at war/Beyond the dead/Jackpot slots
In Game profile id: [FK]Funkeymonkey

I would like to be a Forum Moderator to be here for new and old players,watch on rules,to stop the trolls poluting the threads,to help with advice and make the forum the place that everybody can find a usefull information about the game.

No,i didnt have..
But i am a member of Forum knights that are here from begining of the forum and helping all players ingame and in forum..
Forum knights are a group of players that was here before the guilds ,
and some of our members where moderators as Hello Kitty.
And one of the reason i whould
be a good moderator is that i work a part time for Gree a long time now!

Kingdom Age .This game is great and i always liked events and some of the events i proposed to Gree by threads etc..

I can moderate the entire forums for clarity and information.But i know the most info on Ka,Cc and Mw forum.

Monster quest ending and Law(Dragon realms) i whould explain first to players why we are canceling them

The topic has to flow with the discussion. This has to be viewed by a case by case basis.
No toleration to the trolls that breaks the rules of forum,

I don't think that whould happen,because most of players knows me and knows me by my help to others. But if that whould happen i will handle it by rules of forum

Almost every day for more than 5 hours.
Of course.

I never was baned from forum!
And my threads shows what kind of person i am

Reversal
10-03-2014, 04:10 AM
Application Date: Friday the 3rd of October 2014
Forum User Name: Reversal
Active Member Since: January 2014
GREE Game(s) Played: Knights and Dragons, Rage of the Immortals and Criminal Legacy
In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s): Knights and Dragons friend code - WBG - VBV - XFP

Hello, thank you for the opportunity for Moderatorship.
My name is Reversal, I'm 25 years old live in the Netherlands, I've started playing Knights and Dragons almost one year ago and have since then been hooked on the game. I've always been a clean player of the game as I'm simply not childish enough to get myself in the situation where I would get banned.
I feel I'm a good candidate towards the role of becoming a Moderator and here is why:

Personally I feel that a Moderator is a position with a strong sense of responsibility which I very much hold so, One of my biggest strengths is my ability to stay calm and collected at any given situation when necessary. If there is one thing I've learned over the decade I've got on experience from posting on forums it is that Moderators play a crucial role in to providing an role of leadership, maturity and know when to step in at the right time.
The things I would bring to the table as being a Moderator is mostly my experience that I've got in previous forums I use to take part of as a member but also as a Moderator myself which brings me to my next point.

- Head-Moderator: Pangya SEA (South East Asia), Tasks given: Monitoring other Moderators on their performance, hosting in-game events and also appointing other Moderators based on their performance on the forum versus the demand for a new Moderator. I've done this for a good year.
- Moderator: Wonderland Online, DDTank, Crystal Saga.
My key focuses as a Moderator will be to answer questions asked by players in order to help them out, check out any issues being flagged so that way there will be an appropriate response while maintaining a respectful but good standing within the community. Moderators should in my book have the ability to contribute and help towards making the forum a better place so that way people will feel more comfortable posting.

This is Knights and Dragons, I love the game. I've even made YouTube video's for the game as well with gaining an audience of over 7.5K Subscribers over the past year. I would of not been able to create videos like that if it wasn't for my passion with the game.

I am comfortable being a Global Moderator.

In Knights and Dragons the addition of the Epic Raid Boss event being added to the game before it was properly play tested by actual players. This event has been broken from July to September which was a shame because I know a lot of players like this event a lot.
I feel it could of been tested out better before rolling it out to the public.

With constructive criticism or feedback people construct a positive change that can help the other party in the future whereas blatant bad mouthing simply is nothing more than a way bringing a person down, needlessly causing an argument usually on a personal level an absolutely isn't allowed on a forum.

Flag and report the issue.
As a Moderator I would remove the attack towards the person and also any previous post that has been leading up to the attack as well.

Becoming a Moderator would give me more of a reason to visit the Gree Forum, Several times a day easily.

I actually have read this several times.

Nothing for now, thank you for the opportunity.

MiniGun
10-03-2014, 05:30 AM
Application Date: 03 October 2014
Forum User Name: MiniGun
Active Member Since: April 2012
GREE Game(s) Played: Modern War, War of Narions
In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s):
BeRsERkRich

I want to be a forum moderator because I have been around this game and forum for quite some time and understand the importance and integrity required. I am an Active Duty Air Force NCO and have to deal with constant emails and media coverage to perform my supervisor roles. I understand professionalism, customs and courtesies, etc and feel I could bring an exuberant amount of knowledge and experience to better the morale of these forums.

Being a supervisor requires to be an adminstrator for many programs within my squadron. I could name them however no one would be familiar with any of them regardless so i will leave it at that.

Modern War is my favorite and its because of the relationships and bonding that I have made over the last few years. We have been here since MW came out and have seen its ups and downs and became really close with people I've never physically met.

I am comfortable with moderating whatever is required of me. I will say that I feel I would be of most value only moderating games I am familiar with just so I can understand what the customers/players are going through.

In MW they recently started doing temporary bonuses for WD events and I think that it's going to defeat the purpose of spending gold or buying for that matter since it won't stick with the account. No one spends real money for temporary strengths they want them for good.

Like I've said before, being a supervisor for 15 people brings a lot of patience and issues where I have to be able to make sound decisions based upon the facts given. Depending on the issue at hand and the mentality of the post, you have to put yourself in their shoes and feel for them. If someone is just going off the wall trying to make a scene, the evidence is obvious.

Sticks and stones.....human nature creates feelings and reactions that are uncontrollable. If someone lashes out at me, I will kill them with kindness i the best of my ability because I am a professional representing a company. It won't bother me one bit what someone says I am just here to help.

Being in the military requires a lot of work time obviously. However, I am lucky enough to be at a station that bids me free time for personal use. In which case, if approved to be an administrator, that time would be put in my duties.

Yes.

1Shot
10-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Application date: October 7, 2014

Forum User Name: 1Shot

Active Member Since: December, 2012

GREE Game(s) Played: Crime City, Modern War.

In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s):
OneShot
(Don't want to post my crime city code number here, pm me if you need it please)

I would like to become a forum moderate because I really like using forums and hearing other people's opinions on topics. I have been part of many forums in the past and is just something I like to do. Helping people out on forums is also another thing that I personally cannot resist, if someone has a question or needs help I try to answer in the best way I can. I also have been apart of this forum for some time now and understand what is appropriate to comment on here and what is not. That being said, I know what is worthy of being deleted, moved to, merged into, locked, ect. I feel like I would be a good fit for this role because I have been on different forums my whole life and really enjoy being around them, so I feel like that is the motivation you need to become a good community member or a moderator on the forum.

Yes, I am currently an admin on a very popular gta 5 forum. I handle running contests, events, answering questions, and more. I have been on that website for a year and have worked myself up from a moderator now up to an administrator. I am very active on that website also and handle a lot of questions and things, but I would make sure I am equally as active on this forum if I get the job. If you need me to confirm I am an administrator on that website or need the link feel free to ask me.

My favorite game on GREE would have to be crime city. I just love the whole aspect of the game and is also fun playing it with friends I know in real life. I love the set up of building an IPH to growing your stats up to beat the top players. Crime city is also the only mobile game I have/would spend actual money on. The mafia theme is also a good plus for me because that makes the environment of crime city just feel really cool to me personally.

I would prefer to just moderate for the crime city forum as that is the game I am most knowledgeable in and would be most useful for.

In all honestly, the most controversial change that I didn't like was how level 250's or high levels close to 250 get low points in battle of empire city for hits. However, this is a plus to lower level players, but I still think points for low/high level players should be equal for hits(excluding IP mods).

Constructive criticism is giving both positive and negative feedback to someone else's idea, but in a well mannered way.
Blatant bad mouthing in my opinion is just bashing someone's idea or commenting negatively without any supporting evidence backing up what that person is saying.

This all depends on the severity of the attack. If this attack was general about an idea or comment I made, then I may ask him why he/she said that. If this attack was totally off topic and getting into my personal life, I may warn them or delete the post depending on the incident.

I can be on the forums to help moderate everyday constantly checking in/out through the day to look for new posts or whatnot.

Yes I have.

I would just like to say that I really appreciate you looking into my application to become a moderator for the forum and I will give it my best effort if selected.
Thank you.

GeorgeStrachan
10-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Forum Moderator Application

Application Date: 10/10/14
Forum User Name: GeorgeStrachan
Active Member Since: 29/04/2014
GREE Game(s) Played: Beyond The Dead (Mainly), Crime City(not much).
In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s): 657-819-562

I want to become a forum moderator as I feel I can connect the gap between players in he community and Gree as game designers and help develop their apps to become the most successful apps possible of their kind. I feel I can help give the community the information they desire and need whilst feeding valuable feedback to GREE about issues, wants and needs in their games. I also feel I could help generate more income and keep a gaming community happier by joining the side of forum moderators as I will be able to give you those vital improvement ideas (which I have in the past on the forum) as well as show you EXACTLY what players want. Overall, as you can see my role could indeed help produce a healthy going environment and relationship between both the Game developers and their players.

Yes, I've played online games all my life and would consider myself a bit of a geek when it comes to hosting game and being a game admin and forum admin/moderator. In my days of a gamer, ive been able to play a wide variety of games and find the little gaps in market for new games and help create them with game developers. When I was 14 I was able to help make a 'Habbo Retro' which was a virtual online game where I was a main game moderator and a chat moderator as well as a forum moderator. In this role I was given the task to identify spammers, scammers, abusers and just plain bad members. I did this through identifying I.P. Addresses and banning them for a certain amount of time depending on the serious of the offence they caused. I also had to help prevent a disconnection between game makers and players as that is when you can lose your entire income when players aren't informed or acknowledged when reporting issues.

My favourite GREE game has to beyond the dead. I've played a few but this is my main game I play it day and night and I LOVE it. I also love being apart of the forum and enjoy the community it offers. It has a fun atmosphere in its monthly event; the Blood Bath! The fact we battle alliance Vs alliance for ultimate prizes is amazing it feels great when you win some top prizes (which I do :D). Overall, I love this game as its so entertaining for me I even enjoy spending a bit of pocket money on it, it's not a perfect game as it has some room for improvement but it's still a great game and I'd love to be apart of helping with improvement ideas for it.

I wouldn't be 100% comfortable for the entire forum and would proabably enjoy the game I know the most about BTD. However, I'm up for trying everything and would entice the idea of playing every Gree game to experience the way Gree design every game differently and I would also love to be able to compare communities of gamers.

A very controversial change in a GREE game that I didn't like was changing the difficulty of the event without warning. The bounty event in Beyond the dead was a great small event the community completed, however it was increasingly getting difficult but still doable. It was great for new players to get abit of help. Then suddenly it was made an impossible target that only spenders and huge farmers would meet, it also came right before another event that used the same in game commodity. This was quite a shock and really ruined the great new community event originally created.

I would say constructive criticism would include suggestions for ways to improve and change rather than just accusing and slating a choice or change that was made. Bad mouthing is normally used by upset gamers to slate a game for any issue by using things such as 'money grabbing' as a reason. Where as constructive critism normally comes in ways of change for example: I rounded up a lot of community ideas in a forum and put them into one poll vote to show moderators and game developers what the game needs from our point of view and what could be changed.
Also, I'd say telling someone what to do and telling someone they are wrong and disrespecting or accusing someone isn't helpful.

Personally, I'd ignore it. If it was personal to my life and offensive I'd report it and follow the correct procedures. If I feel I can deal with it in a professional manner without causing a chain affect of arguments then I will reply ensuring I let the poster know what they have done and how it had made me feel.

To be honest I come to the forum night and day every day. So I'd be able to be actively moderating for most of every day.

Yes, I have. There's a lot of it I'm not sure I could tell you it off by heart.

I just like to say I'd love to work for Gree how ever there is no UK based company. Haha, if you could make this happen just for me it would be much appreciated. Also I look forward to hearing from you.

Mad4it
10-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Application Date: Monday 13th October 14
Forum User Name: Mad4it
Active Member Since: 07-10-2013
GREE Game(s) Played: War of Nations
In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s): Mad_Z

I want to be a Forum Moderator as I have a particular interest in vbulletin and War of Nations and also enjoy helping others. I would also like to bring Gree and it's players closer together.

I think I would be a great fit for this role as I am an expert in VBulletin3 and 4 and proficient in VBulletin5. I have been a Moderator and Admin on a number of sites. I also have a fantastic understanding of War of Nations having been playing since May 2013. My personality is also one that is suited to being a Moderator as I am extremely level headed and able to deal with any problem given to me in a amiable and professional manner.

I also think I would be good fit for this role as my job and social life allows me to be flexible on when I log into the forums to deal with any questions / issues or problems that may occur.

Yes, I am currently Admin and Moderator on a large Vbulletin specialist Car Forum which has been established over 10 years. I have built several Vbulletin sites from the ground up over the years and completely changed the design of some and have the ability to implement external add ons into the site.

War of Nations. Mainly because its the only Gree game I have played in depth but also because I find the game more enjoyable than any other game I have played. War of Nations is more then just a game, it's now part of my life as it requires constant logging in and checking your progress, builds, attacks, moving troops and lots more and coupled with this game being both a team and individual thing and making lots of new friends it has brought me a lot of happiness (and pain lol) since I started playing.

Probably just War of Nations but happy to discuss.

War of Nations - A while ago, Gree changed the format of the events and LTQ's and this upset a lot of players including myself as it disrupted our build times. A lot of players rely on the LTQ's to gain commanders and when it was made more difficult to finish the LTQ's, a lot of people were put off the game.

Sarcasm is the most obvious way to tell the difference as well as the posters use of Smiley's and Post Icons. Other than that, having an understanding of the game will help in determining the difference between constructive criticism and blatant bad mouthing.
Also, just using your common sense to determine the difference can often be the best way.

Firstly, I don't take anything said about me personally, especially on a forum / website. With regards to how I would handle it, I would reply in a professional, accurate and understanding way showing empathy when required. I would also adhere to Gree's Forum Code of Conduct and Gree Terms of Service in any action that is required with the user.

Hard to say exactly how much time but I have the ability to log in every day, several times a day.

Yes, I have read both and have an excellent understanding of them.

If you require my ideas and skills on developing the forums from an admin side of things then I would be happy to help

Clementine
10-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Applications are no longer being accepted. This thread has been locked. We will be reaching out to those selected by the 17th.