PDA

View Full Version : [Player Appreciation Month] Design An Epic Boss Contest

Clementine
09-30-2014, 08:59 PM
For Official Rules, please click here (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?100261). If you are a minor, your legal guardian will have to agree to accept the Official Rules. Please see the Official Rules for details.

Gear up for our “Design an Epic Boss” Contest! Show us what you can do and design a truly menacing Epic Boss to take down! The winning submission will be used to create an Epic Boss that will appear in the game!

Ten finalist entries will be chosen by Community Managers. The final winner will be determined by community vote!

Contest Schedule

October 1st through October 12th (12 Midnight PDT) - Entries Accepted
October 15th - Ten Finalists Announced
October 15th through October 21st (12 Midnight PDT) - Community Voting
October 22nd - Winner Announced
Where to Submit Your Entry

Please post your entries in this official thread

Rules

In order to be eligible, your submission must adhere to the following rules
Your submission must adhere to GREE’s Terms of Service (http://product.gree.net/us/en/terms/)
Your submission must adhere to the GREE Forum’s Code of Conduct (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96769-Forum-Code-of-Conduct), particularly the following points in the Code of Conduct regarding:

- Abusive and/or Disrespectful Content towards other Players and Staff
- Obscene, Vulgar, and Inappropriate Text/Images/Links
- Racial, Ethnic, Nationality Posts
- Politics and Religion/Religious Figures
Your submission must be your own original idea and cannot infringe on the copyrights of another individual, corporation or entity
Submissions must fit within the theme and feel of Modern War
Submission Requirements

When submitting your entry, make sure that you include the following

The name of your Epic Boss
A backstory for your Epic Boss
A description and/or artwork of what your Epic Boss looks like
Your Invite Code
An active and enabled forum account (winners will be contacted via PM)
Judging Criteria

Your entry will be judged on the following criteria

Creativity
How well your entry fits the theme of Modern War
Prizes

Ten Finalists
100 Gold
Top Winner
250 Gold
Restrictions and Conditions

Limited to 3 entries per participant
Prizes can only be distributed to the game you are designing for
Final submission acceptance and eligibility is at the discretion of GREE
Your Invite Code must be submitted with your entry in order to be eligible to receive a prize
Final implementation and depiction of the winning entry will be at the discretion and final approval of GREE
While the contest winners will be announced October 20th please note that final implementation of the winning Epic Boss will be done at a future date and will be announced on the GREE forums.
GREE reserves the right to alter or revoke a winning entry at its discretion if it is found that the entry does not comply to the rules of the contest

Smallfish
10-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Ashley's Revenge, Bezerko Bob, or whatever.. Either way its an ordinary looking person, not real sexy, not real macho... More of a geek. But wild eyed and crazy on a rampage
Once an amiable game player things started to change when he/she started playing Modern War. Thinking they had the intelligence and temperament to become a forum moderator for the gree corporation they applied for and accepted the job. Secretly hoping to gain valuable inside information to pass along to fellow faction members, they dove into the role gung ho. As time went by they were forced to infiltrate deeper into all areas of Gree game development trying to keep the forum members happy. But the forum members were never satisfied and soon he/she found themselves caught in the middle. One day, after another mistake from Gree resulted in a new flury of attacks on him/her, he/she went over the edge. Armed with the newest units and building blueprints, all players id's and personal information, he/she set out to kill the game. Now the game players must defeat him/her to get those new units, some of which have powerfull boosts, valor, concrete, and if real lucky some gold Ashley/Bob had been embezzling.

Pidgeot
10-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I have a question, does it have to be human? I was thinking about making it a bird or something related to AI controlled aircraft and related. I want to know before I come up with something.

Smallfish
10-02-2014, 04:10 PM
I have a question, does it have to be human? I was thinking about making it a bird or something related to AI controlled aircraft and related. I want to know before I come up with something.

AI, Good idea.

Redbeardy
10-03-2014, 08:39 AM
My entry for the raid boss
Redbeard, 773 810 872

Europol Briefing, October 2014 Emily Atkinson, leader of the criminal gang the Double A’s

Wanted for: Terrorism, Murder, Drug smuggling, People trafficking and gunrunning

Emily Atkinson is in her mid-thirties. Little is known about her background, she is believed to be of Spanish origin with some roots in England. She is currently wanted in connection with more than 20 bombings, at least 100 murders and customs violations of over 35 countries around the globe. She is of medium height, slightly built and very beautiful. She has an identifying scar (which is quite livid) across her right shoulder and on to her lower neck. Her hair is cut medium length and according to the last report is coloured dark blonde (she is known to change her appearance frequently)

With an IQ of well over 170, she is a brilliant scientist and can turn just about any household chemical item into a bomb with massive explosive power.

She is rumoured to be the leader of the Double A’s, a vicious European Mafia that has a hand in large scale people, drug and weapons trafficking all over the world.. Specific information about her criminal activities are sparse, Europol believe that she took control of the Double A’s by murdering the previous leader (a 6’4 thug named Wilhelm Kruger) through trickery. (The details are not known)

Her current whereabouts are unknown. Any information about her should be forwarded to Europol, the FBI or Interpol. She is amongst the 10 most wanted people across the world and considered extremely dangerous, she should not be approached under any circumstance.

There is a reward of $1,000,000,000 US for information leading to her arrest.

Kefa
10-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Gear up for our “Design an Epic Boss” Contest! Show us what you can do and design a truly menacing Epic Boss to take down! The winning submission will be used to create an Epic Boss that will appear in the game!

What nation conflict will this be for? Like, currently we are in "RIP Romania".

Tadaaah
10-03-2014, 10:35 AM

No, it doesn't have to be human. As long as it fits within the theme of the game, it's all good!

What nation conflict will this be for? Like, currently we are in "RIP Romania".

The nation has not been decided. It will be decided after the contest.

Justrain
10-03-2014, 07:53 PM
No, it doesn't have to be human. As long as it fits within the theme of the game, it's all good!

The nation has not been decided. It will be decided after the contest.

Why don't u have loot items for ltq/fltqs with +3 energy regen for a prize, like there used to be about a year ago? People would spend for that. I wish I would've when they were available, but I had just started playing and didn't know how important that was. Please bring those units back for a prize. Anybody else want to 2nd that request?

free play
10-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Here's one to think about

We have a pyramid of stats within the game and most in there tier grow the same every cycle, so why not be able to pick the boost for the last prize in each mission, attack or defence, iph and so on, the higher the reward the less options,

That way you won't have the same pyramid within the game

warrior of the young guns
10-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Name: Victorious Silas
Discription
Half man half wolf who is from china.
Story: madman injects himself withwolf DNA and trys to take over the world. Geneticly modified his hand (left) into a big lazer rotary cannon and wears jetpack an army uniform torn

My modern war ally code: 187659079

Pidgeot
10-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Epic Boss Name: X-81 G.O.D Stealth Fighter
Game I Play: Modern War
Invite Code 218-808-051

Epic Boss Backstory

G.O.D was created to do one thing. Attack anywhere in the world evil operates, and erase it. Short for Global Ordnance Deathstrike, it was developed in a "unofficial" official Think Tank whos purpose is World Conquest. Contracted by the U.S Navy, they wanted a Unmanned Fighter Jet but not like any other UCAV. G.O.D would be the very first "Smart" UCAV, which has a self-thinking AI, capable of learning and making split-decision on the battlefield. It's ability is like no other.

G.O.D. is a very experimental Fighter Jet, which can serve missions manned or as a UCAV. It's skin is made of Retro Reflective Panels, allowing it to go invisable at will. After all, you can't fight what you can't see or detect, right? During a Training exercise to test G.O.D's weapon systems, a error in its systems caused it to go haywire. G.O.D left the training field and attacked the base that housed it. Forced to act, the U.S. Navy sent out 8 F-35's to destroy G.O.D but that is not what happened. G.O.D took the fighters out.

As a last ditch effort, the US Navy cut it off from resources it needed. Without access to fuel, G.O.D would be forced to return to the to the Ship. With its need to survive, G.O.D found a hacker in the Netherlands, who has access to all the things G.O.D needed. With a new found Partnership, G.O.D and "Black Shadow" rain Ordnance all over the world, to who ever pays them, no matter the target, good or evil.

http://chazolave.deviantart.com/art/Modern-War-Contest-Picture-488168358?ga_submit_new=10%253A1413172883

I also have a version of this jets without the background if its needed. Spent a week drawing this.

East Coast Bias
10-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Title: Defeat Yoshi Tanaka
My ID: 399-142-206

Story: after almost all the countries have been defeated, only one remains - Japan, the home to the most corrupt and scariest crime bosses. Countries are no longer run for the benefit of their people, but corporations run by the underworld. wars are fought in cyberspace and not on the battle field. Yoshi runs the crime family Eerg, otherwise known as the blood sucking octagon. In the background, you can see all the gold he is minting and the gold robots are taking away because of some glitch. But Yoshi is still smiling because in the far background you see the buccaneers, a group of players who help fund his crime businesses.

Defeat 100 Yoshi's - 20% deploy bonus on frontline
Defeat 150 Yoshi's - 20% alliance defence
Defeat 500 Yoshi's - 100 million stat air unit

Norsklandman
10-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Simple and easy. What we really want is a Epic Boss that has Gree tattooed on his forehead.
Man U could even make it go to 1000 bosses and put energy sky high. People would kill them non stop

Tadaaah
10-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Locking submission thread! We'll announce the finalist tomorrow. Apologies for the delay!

Clementine
10-15-2014, 03:48 PM
You may now vote for your favorite design here. (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?100545-Player-Appreciation-Month-Design-An-Epic-Boss-Voting!)