PDA

View Full Version : Complete Buildings // RANT!

Pidgeot
09-30-2014, 05:00 PM
GREE, what is the real reason behind these buildings? Every cycle we get a garbage building, sometimes a decent building like the Robocorps Research and a "good" one. You claim the "bad" buildings are to help new/newer and or weaker players. I don't really see how this is helping. You seem to have the rewards backwards. First off, new and newer players can't complete the buildings without gold. IF they do manage to grind and finish, the reward cant help them. They have no use for attack or defense modifiers. They also have no use for the casualty reduction because the units they get aren't worth the boost and they can't afford the units to have the boost be useful.

These "bad" buildings don't help and prevent new/newer players for upgrading buildings they need to grow for 21 day. Also the upgrade build and upgrade times don't help them at all. The boost that should be issued for these "bad" buildings should be things like energy boost, health boost, +1 building upgrade, etc. You know, things that can help these players out or other players looking for a decent boost. These boost don't need to be large, something like -3% health/upgrade time/etc and things like +10% building IPH, +1 energy regen/building upgrade/etc while having the "good" building be these exact same boost but larger, like -8% health regen/upgrade time/ etc. Get the idea. Even perhaps give them that alliance defense they want.

We offer you ways to improve the game so all players can enjoy it but each event you make just shows how out of touch you are with the players. A new player can't do with a building that pays out 1490 every 24 hours. Why would a new player want to invest over 27m for a 44k payout every day? You see the issue here right? The "bad" buildings don't need to be good but they should at least help out with a new/weak players IPH. They get "decent" units from other events so that cant be used as "helping" them. Each of these "bad" building should payout at least 300k at level 1, giving them the chance to buy better items and build their base, not have something that takes up space.

GREE, fix these horrible buildings and make them useful. Stop making the strong stronger and help out the players who really need it./Rant.

sir yes sir
09-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Adding to the above, if your going to make a ridiculously low payout, change it to hourly or even 4 hour. This 24/48 hour payout for pennies is really worthless.

codys21
09-30-2014, 05:49 PM
I completely agree to this, Pidgeot. We know that all GREE workers are out of touch with their players and this post is a great way to get a little bit closer. This building doesn't help from the standpoint of iph nor from the units/boost one will receive from finishing the building. And I (as well as all other long time players) would LOVE an alliance defense. Adding an alliance defense to something like like an LTB would be a great idea.

Kefa
09-30-2014, 06:27 PM
I know people say they want LEBs available for all levels of players, but what's the point of an LEB that isn't even as good as buildings you can buy in the store? The whole point of making something limited should make it... better than normal? No? Maybe I'm wrong.

Vercingetorix
09-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Agree. I am at the point where all I am doing is building and upgrading the LTB. This building is horrible and I have a level 15 mini. This does not help that players income.

headfaction
09-30-2014, 07:43 PM
This building doesn't benefit anybody. We know it and gree knows it. Gree releases these crappy buildings because we let them. We are not customers... We are more like slaves! Wise up!

East Coast Bias
09-30-2014, 07:56 PM
I should be paying more attention, but did Tadaaah confirm that anything in the command center was temp? But for all the bickering, lets not forget (from an LLP perspective) that you can get some decent indestructible units for a low price (compare with cash units with same stats), and some that you wouldn't be able to buy from the store if you get that far.

It's easy to criticize, but there needs to be some balance. Do we want everything to be free and easy? This LTB is clearly an attempt to give some good prizes (units) but perhaps balanced with a crappy bonus unit since the building is so cheap. If gree came out with an LTB which was permanent health regen or alliance defense, the immediate response by the company would likely be to increase health and dish out even more attack.

But let's not forget the big picture. Gree is ditching WD in favor of FL. You can tell by the prizes and the points scored this past WD. My theory is that they are doing this to negate the health regen the stronger teams have - which in turn levels the playing field to pure gold use and no longer how long you have played (ie: your regen rate). So ask yourself, the game could be moving towards FL where health regen does not matter. You still want to pay up for that stuff? While this will never be a free game, there clearly is an attempt being made by Gree to bring the field together. Why else would you see so many teams out of no where on the top 100 leaderboard during FL? While gold is still king, I do like seeing new blood participating (with their wallets).

Captain Buck Slayer
09-30-2014, 08:43 PM
At least the building looks cool... Thats about it though lol

Kefa
09-30-2014, 10:05 PM
I should be paying more attention, but did Tadaaah confirm that anything in the command center was temp? But for all the bickering, lets not forget (from an LLP perspective) that you can get some decent indestructible units for a low price (compare with cash units with same stats), and some that you wouldn't be able to buy from the store if you get that far.

It's easy to criticize, but there needs to be some balance. Do we want everything to be free and easy? This LTB is clearly an attempt to give some good prizes (units) but perhaps balanced with a crappy bonus unit since the building is so cheap. If gree came out with an LTB which was permanent health regen or alliance defense, the immediate response by the company would likely be to increase health and dish out even more attack.

But let's not forget the big picture. Gree is ditching WD in favor of FL. You can tell by the prizes and the points scored this past WD. My theory is that they are doing this to negate the health regen the stronger teams have - which in turn levels the playing field to pure gold use and no longer how long you have played (ie: your regen rate). So ask yourself, the game could be moving towards FL where health regen does not matter. You still want to pay up for that stuff? While this will never be a free game, there clearly is an attempt being made by Gree to bring the field together. Why else would you see so many teams out of no where on the top 100 leaderboard during FL? While gold is still king, I do like seeing new blood participating (with their wallets).

In your goals folder, anything that starts with COMMAND CENTER:... is a temp bonus. Not that it's "in" the command center (globe).

Adm. J(K96)
10-01-2014, 03:39 AM
Nope, a 100k unit for 27m does a new player no good.

Nope, those Attack and Defense boosts don't do a new player any good. Why would anyone want higher stats?

Nope, a casualty reduction doesn't help a new player who has yet to earn enough valor for an indestructable army.

Let's just give away for free everything that a lot of other players had to grind and claw thier way to get. (News flash here, even some long time players weren't able to get them).

The amount of gold needed to complete the building is minimal, far less than what Gree gives you for free.

East Coast Bias
10-01-2014, 06:14 AM
Ok, so I have a mini that can only upgrade one building at the moment. Since I raid my income, I've decided to use this cycle to upgrade my dry docks to lv9 and then lv10. That way I can start buying the tech hidden sub. So the upside is that you don't miss out on much from not doing the LTB. Given that I need two weeks to upgrade to lv10, I look at this as an opportunity to get this done and not fall behind. Maybe I'm thinking too positively, which I should be doing with my faction. ;)

I Will Merc You
10-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Does anyone remember the Time Before LTBs?

It is silly to complain about this. -4% casualty reduction? That is cool. If you can get it, get it. If you can't...keep grinding. None of the original players ever had the opportunity to score the boosts that players today have the opportunity to score.

Pidgeot
10-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Does anyone remember the Time Before LTBs?

It is silly to complain about this. -4% casualty reduction? That is cool. If you can get it, get it. If you can't...keep grinding. None of the original players ever had the opportunity to score the boosts that players today have the opportunity to score.

Complaints are needed for things to grow, since it feedback directly from the players. Not saying anything is bad. This is also like say "Remember when Call of Duty didn't have kill streaks? Its kind of silly to complain about them." Old players will have access to broken effects new players don't have and new players gain any powercreep that didn't exist when the game was new.

Vercingetorix
10-01-2014, 02:26 PM
And the cost to upgrade is 100% higher than normal.

Campy McCamperpants
10-01-2014, 04:22 PM
One point you're missing is that these "bad" buildings are also awesome. I'm a level 179 with an iph of 15.1M so I could buy all 10 levels with one sweep of my 12hr buildings. What these "bad" cheap buildings allow me to do are things like buy units to bump my stats, donate more, and save for the "good" building. Say what you will but I will take any easy challenge that has a boost tied to it.

Just because a player is new doesn't mean it should be easy. Let's face it, many of the "new" players that people complain for are minis. This game is pretty tough if you were to get started now, especially because it's been out for a while and who knows how long it will last. That being said, it would be a bad business model to turn away new players from a game that drives it revenue through donations (buying gold).

Vercingetorix
10-01-2014, 06:07 PM
McCampy, I have two accts under level 100 with 20+m per hour income and a level 15 mini with a 385k iph. This building frustrates me as it does not help any of my accts. Every LLP with an iph at 50,000 per hour can upgrade this to level 10 so everyone's stats remain the same relative to their peer group. What this building does not do for any of my accts is to increase my iph which is needed to buy good units, upgrade good buildings and buy tanks for full assault.

boltonjl
10-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Yeah these building do do crap for my little account I have

I Will Merc You
10-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Why does every building have to help IPH?

Oh, I see, we have to have a boost AND eat our cake too.

KjaLLe
10-02-2014, 03:23 PM
At least the building looks cool... Thats about it though lol

And last building with a decent payout was ugly, lol.