PDA

View Full Version : Mis taps - no solution

eddie_
09-30-2014, 03:57 AM
I know this topic has been repeated often over the years, but since it isn't solved I'd like to address this issue again. Mainly because it isn't solved or even noted as a problem which needs improvement.

Issue 1
Maps are way too crowded/full. When I hit targets I regularly hit something/some target I don't want to hit.

Issue 2
When I hit a target multiple times it 'remembers' the number of taps. That's fine, because tapping 10 times means my target gets defeated 10 times. However, when I'm out of energy somewhere in the middle the pop-up appears where I can use a health pack of buy health with gold. The tap from hitting a target is remembered and suddenly gold or a health pack is used without actually choosing to do so.

Possible solutions

Clear map targets, add maps and spread targets over the maps, make sure targets don't overlap each other while walking but always have a distance between targets and objects.
Don't register hits on a button that wasn't pressed
Ask for confirmation before using gold/health pack

Also, I know some things can be made undone by sending a ticket, but I prefer preventing something over putting an effort into solving something - over and over-.

Signs of life
What I would really like is an acknowledgment of anyone working for Gree/Funzio that these issues are known and noted as issues.

Annihilator2
09-30-2014, 06:09 AM
This is intentional to spend more energy and gold

Veccster
09-30-2014, 06:13 AM
I don't want to hijack but it's along these same lines. On Droid, there are many times that I kill a target the required number of times but nothing happens (no pop-up with reward and the arrow remains over his head).

If I counted correctly, I can back out of the map (return to base) then check goals again and see that it is cleared. If I didn't count correctly, I usually end up killing the target one x too many.

I also find it interesting that when 2 walkers are on top of each other, my first tap is always registered on the one that is NOT the target/goal. In other words, when it's close, preference always seems to go to the one that I DON'T want to hit. Is this a sneaky way to waste energy. Or should I take off my foil hat???

Annihilator2
09-30-2014, 06:47 AM
Veccster, I tap on free space or make one tap on far NPC, and then I return to desired target.
So I prevent wrong hits. And I always use two-click mode.

Agent Orange
09-30-2014, 06:51 AM
I don't want to hijack but it's along these same lines. On Droid, there are many times that I kill a target the required number of times but nothing happens (no pop-up with reward and the arrow remains over his head).

If I counted correctly, I can back out of the map (return to base) then check goals again and see that it is cleared. If I didn't count correctly, I usually end up killing the target one x too many.

I also find it interesting that when 2 walkers are on top of each other, my first tap is always registered on the one that is NOT the target/goal. In other words, when it's close, preference always seems to go to the one that I DON'T want to hit. Is this a sneaky way to waste energy. Or should I take off my foil hat???

See the same thing on my Android players, on some I can tap way off the target and it will still hit the wrong target. Seems to be a cash grab.

Also on the last WD if I did not close the WD screen after using a health boost it would not give me 4 kills but either 2-3.

Veccster
09-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Veccster, I tap on free space or make one tap on far NPC, and then I return to desired target.
So I prevent wrong hits. And I always use two-click mode.

I do this as well - tap off on dead spot or building and always use 2-hit mode (you have to).

I just find it interesting that preference always seems to go to the walker and not the target.

10x out of 10, if they are walking together and you tap the pair, it will register with the one I don't want to hit. Then the song and dance of tapping off and waiting for a clear shot on my target.

Dickweed
09-30-2014, 09:41 AM
You are 100% correct Veccster and it is 100% of the time. Usually have to hold the off target in place until the desired target walks clear. Then repeat as other targets then interfere. I am also noticing now how I am getting double kills registering for a single kill so have to exit the app and go back in for the proper number of kills to be displayed. Meaning, a target that takes say 5 kills to complete once. It starts as 0/5 as it should but on the first kill, it will go through it twice and register 2/5 even though it is really only 1/5. If I exit the app then go back in, it will be at 1/5 like it should be. I go for another kill and it again will do it twice to move to 3/5 even though it should only be at 2/5. Each subsequent hit does only register once, though, as it should. I can keep exiting after each hit or just keep hitting. Once I do the 5/5 hit, I will get the drop but it is really only at 4/5 so it doesn't count, as it shouldn't. I have to go for another round to make it 1/5 again for it to count, which requires exiting the app and going back in. Once that is done it will be back to 0/5 so it is not really taking any extra hits, just not keping the running total appropriately.

As far as the overcrowded maps the OP eluded to, I like a suggestion I read a while back about having a few extra maps that are strickly for event NPC's. 5 bare maps that would contain 10 NPC's max should do the trick. Maximize the area by not having restricted space from water or buildings on them. They could easily be flushed and new NPC's added each new event. I say just do away with new NPC's altogether and go back to the old style where they used the existing map targets. Those who maintain them prestaged reap the benifit from due diligence but they seem to rather enjoy finding ways to stick it to us from any angle they can.

Annihilator2
09-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Agree with both.

Problem with hit counting appears with last iOS update.

Captain Buck Slayer
09-30-2014, 11:45 AM
i agree, this problem is annoying.

rixon
10-01-2014, 07:38 PM

This is one of the worst bugs in the game, IMHO. They seemed to have avoided this perfectly in Dragon Realms (whatever it's called now.) In that game, it appears that the goal/task with the active target moved to the top layer, so that if you tap anywhere near it that target is selected. I don't know how much of the same frameworks were shared between those two games, but it would be really cool if their devs got together one afternoon and help the MW team come up with a fix.

Nothing is sillier than tapping on a target, only to have another target a whole fingerwidth away be selected! That alone has been the push that I need to just take a break from the game and sit out the rest of an event.

Does the same behavior exist on iOS? Is it on all Android devices, or are some immune?

Mr.Grumpy
10-01-2014, 10:26 PM
the targets should just stand still ffs. away from each other.

i know, i know, i'm a genius.