PDA

View Full Version : Rivals list back to the old way:

plavine
09-29-2014, 11:22 AM
So , mods!
Is this the case ?is it an accident ? On purpose??
Did the algorithm blow up?
An answer would be nice

B0ST0N
09-29-2014, 11:30 AM
What's the problem?

Dipstik
09-29-2014, 11:42 AM
No problem. Just curious if it's permanent.

Rickdee
09-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Wow- Did they decide to make Defense relevant again?

cooch
09-29-2014, 12:25 PM
This change has brought us somewhat back to the old way. So what's the beef?

The change made that lasted under a year was to increase pvp and robbing according to gree. Now they have changed it because of whatever they see in their data or preparing for something else coming in gree time that will need the RL change.

Patience all will be revealed. In meantime build your IPH.

headfaction
09-29-2014, 06:32 PM
I hope so but mine is the still the new crappy way!

cc thunder
10-02-2014, 05:58 AM
I'm seeing the new junk way still. Everyone on my list has better stats but less income on both my accounts as a penalty for being diligent on my iph

Tadaaah
10-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Thank you for the feedback. There are not any current plans to change the Rivals List in the near future.

Max Power
10-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Right now my camper that never used to get hit is getting hit regularly by people with twice the AD stats that I have and barely 10% of my income.

Sweet.

crime cow
10-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Thank you for the feedback. There are not any current plans to change the Rivals List in the near future.

Thank you, that is great news!! Robbing used to be a lot of fun, but now that I have to click on 50 people in order to find one with a high enough IPH and low enough stats, I've cut way back on the time invested in this game. Now I can just log on, collect buildings and log off. I've used the free time to get to know my family again, take self-help classes in order to become awesome at everything, go to the gym and create my own religion/church. Life is good!!!

krimesity
10-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Nice. I love how everyone in my rivals list has stats 20mil higher than mine.

headfaction
10-02-2014, 02:28 PM

Of course not. Don't ever do what WE want....

TheJess
10-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Right now my camper that never used to get hit is getting hit regularly by people with twice the AD stats that I have and barely 10% of my income.

Tadaaa's impication that there has not been a change in the matching algorithm is incorrect. Actually what they changed was to remove or substantially reduce the weight of IPH in matching on the rivals list. This is why in the last few weeks you are seeing a lot of very low IPH players attacking at all levels. If you have a high IPH, you will not be able to retaliate against these players because then all you do is give them a link, with very little gained, obviously.

Exactly why Gree decided to create an imbalance in the rivals list on IPH is not known, but many believe it will alienate loyal players. This is because it is the long term players who have the higher IPH. A change in the matching algorithm making it impossible to do retaliatory attacks surely is frustrating and deemed unfair for such loyal players.

Bubbalouie69
10-02-2014, 09:23 PM

I've probably missed something and don't mean to be rude, but why change it? I was having fun robbing million of dollars out of people and their hoods and now I'm up against 11 million attack compared to 5.7 million.

bravo 6 vk
10-02-2014, 09:27 PM
This new rivals list has players similar stats to mine, players double my attack, and players half my stats. Kinda balanced out

hexie
10-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Now I can just log on, collect buildings and log off. I've used the free time to get to know my family again, take self-help classes in order to become awesome at everything, go to the gym and create my own religion/church. Life is good!!!

Lies. I bet you never went to the gym.

plavine
10-03-2014, 05:44 PM

Is this your cryptic way of saying it wasn't changed back and we are imagining things ??
Or was it changed back and there aren't any plans to change it again ???
L

My iph isn't that high but I still was able to rob players close to my stats and get robbed back . That is game play. Now I just get robbed by players that I can't rob back and I have to search at least 10 players to even find someone that I can rob ( assuming they haven't collected . )

TZora
10-03-2014, 10:11 PM
i don't know how much fun the game is for everyone out there but what entertains me is the new fckups everyday i see in the game (each new game update opens a truck load of new bugs) .. more bugs, slowass game, boring events (yea, i don't play many of them now), all the empty hoods and lvl 250 players with pathetic iph, forum rants (including my recent rant) and all the shamelessness from a bunch of crazy programmers there and smug mods here, indeed entertaining :p

cooch
10-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Means new change a couple of weeks ago is set and will not change until they change it again. Is what it is.

Also the first significant RL change caused multiple threads and complaints for months. Not same so sorry pretty much mass of players are okay with it, roll with it, or don't care anymore.

Is this your cryptic way of saying it wasn't changed back and we are imagining things ??
L

My iph isn't that high but I still was able to rob players close to my stats and get robbed back . That is game play. Now I just get robbed by players that I can't rob back and I have to search at least 10 players to even find someone that I can rob ( assuming they haven't collected . )

TheJess
10-05-2014, 09:29 AM
L

I don't think so. It was either: I artful of expression, in agreeing with prior posts saying the algorithm had been changed to eliminate IPH in matching, but saying they don't have other changes in the tank... Or it was just deceptive.

In any event, what they did was change the matching algorithm to remove or substantially reduce the import of IPH in matching rivals. This is why the players who've built up hoods now are seeing a lot fewer rivals worth robbing back. It's the so-called revenge of the nerd hoods.

Dipstik
10-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Would it be too unreasonable to just open the rivals list up to everyone? Seems like it would solve a lot of problems.

ohlo-00
10-05-2014, 10:33 AM
My attack is 90m. Defense Stats of my rivals from 35m to 150m