PDA

View Full Version : How to weed out gold cheeters

El Burro
09-23-2011, 11:55 AM
First time poster, secret browser for a while. Hola!

It is common knowledge form the videos on youtube that if you had a jailbroken iphone and ifile or other directory/file mod app you could easily hack v1.0 crime city for iphone release. The v1.1 release closed the gap, however there was quite a considerable time that folks were having their way with the game and getting away with it.

I would like to propose a solution to the game developers to help weed out the folks who were abusing gold modifications only.

1. Get the list of UDIDs/Accounts that have actually paid for gold.
2. Do a search in the DB for folks who have more then 10 gold bars worth of items/properties as you only get 10 free bars and can earn no more.
3. Do a simple vlookup on folks who paid, and then reset and or delete the user accounts of all others as it is quite obvious that they gold hacked.
4. This same search can be done for users who speed up the development of properties with gold as well by just simply searching upgrade transactions vs. the paid user list...

As for Cash cheaters, they are harder to catch, you could search for deposits greater then the max property reward or max property income. However you might invalidate accounts for someone who was risky enough to never deposit their cash...

Has there been any internal thoughts at funzio on fixing this open loophole that was exploited by a ton of folks to make the game enjoyable for all the users who started playing with v1.1 and have never cheated yet see folks DAILY who have more then 1500 gold bars worth of items and properties??

Asking users to submit cheaters 1 by 1 online here is quite outrageous when this can be done by a simple database search on your own.

Garrison64
09-23-2011, 01:08 PM
I saw a guy named Superman that had 100 Crusher Gatling Guns. Now either he has more money than he knows how to wisely spend, or he's cheating. I'd guess he's cheating. Maybe if there was a way for other players to report suspected people like this in-game, they could get rid of them easier.

nvbealone
09-23-2011, 01:24 PM
if u see him/her again, then take some screenshots and send to mobile@funzio.com. the devs will look into it

Garrison64
09-23-2011, 02:02 PM
I'll do that. He/she attacked me just yesterday so I still have them in my news reel. Taking shots now. And sent. Hopefully this will help. I can't imagine this guy actually paid cash for 20,000 gold bars. That's over $1300.00 lol. Not to mention every building in his hood is a gold purchase. I would love to have his stats though. over 10k attack and 8500 defense.

nvbealone
09-23-2011, 02:16 PM
1300! lol i would have bought a ps3/xbox with tons of games and played till my tv exploded!

Garrison64
09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
1300! lol i would have bought a ps3/xbox with tons of games and played till my tv exploded!

Yea no kidding.

nvbealone
09-23-2011, 03:23 PM
yupz i know where you're coming from. ive seen peeps with many gold weapons too. just didnt bother to go count them

Crime City Mark
09-23-2011, 05:41 PM
We do actively track, monitor, and ban cheaters. Thank you for the feedback. Please do not post the names of suspected cheaters on the forums.