PDA

View Full Version : GREE R U NUTS: 24 HR War with 13 Hour Notice!!!

cooch
09-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Gree you just cancelled the Raid Boss event and now a 24 Hour war with only 25.5 hours notice.

Are you crazy? Do you really understand how to run a company?

Everyone is upset and many had plans.

You really want to kill your game don't you with gold spenders.

Gingeasian
09-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Oh GREE, you were doing so well with this cycle to with the more manageable bosses and friendlier sltq even if it was a tad to easy many of us were greatly looking forward towards the RB event. I'm sure most will still participate but seriously it's a Friday night some of us actually do still have lives a little more heads up would be appreciated.
You guys aren't even ready for this as the individual prizes are only slotted up until top 1200-1400 right now

RuckusXsuckuR
09-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Japan called...

living dead
09-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Wtf greedy this makes me want to stop playing this game after 3 years of playing smaller teams have no chance of doing this with a short notice like this thank gree

Saskyboy83
09-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Just seen this...this has got to be a joke! Not funny

Weasel
09-25-2014, 11:03 PM
Everything that was on the master plan is still there. The in game screen only shows everything until the next battle for empire city war. Raid boss should be expected to start the instant battle ends and everyone is (still) out of health.

On topic, sweet deal, a 24h war! Seriously. I wish all wars were only 24 hours long starting Friday and ending Saturday.

SilentAssassin
09-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Outdone yourself yet again GREE.
Rethink this move before you lose a LOT of customers

sister morphine
09-25-2014, 11:20 PM
Suppose they gave a war and nobody came! ;)

The_Don
09-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Unbelievable! We just finished setting up rosters for Raid Boss, we are in no way in the proper configuration to go into a war. Plans and set ups for the war on Oct 3rd are still being formed, people are away on planned getaway time and now we get this monkey wrench thrown into the works. I'm not going to push anyone to step up to this mess.

Champion24
09-26-2014, 12:20 AM
Unbelievable! We just finished setting up rosters for Raid Boss, we are in no way in the proper configuration to go into a war. Plans and set ups for the war on Oct 3rd are still being formed, people are away on planned getaway time and now we get this monkey wrench thrown into the works. I'm not going to push anyone to step up to this mess.

Are you for real buddy.. get a life!
Its only a game on your phone.. its suppose to be just some fun.

Gungho
09-26-2014, 01:32 AM
We had 5 players quit today over this:-(

And we are just a small syndicate.

tanioula
09-26-2014, 01:33 AM
You want too change GREE???
All players don't add gold this 24hours war. But u will so GREE gonna do it over and over again....

So many treeds...

Give as a break GREE with our non stop event back too back..

Blaggard
09-26-2014, 01:34 AM
I think this is a new low for Gree...

evj
09-26-2014, 02:03 AM
Seems pretty desperate and without respect for the players IMO

Nighteg
09-26-2014, 02:39 AM
Seems pretty desperate and without respect for the players IMO

They only respect your credit card, and we all know SAS and the other top 10 are gonna use it.

Forever Infamous
09-26-2014, 02:44 AM
With an extra kick in the ass... U know they not gonna have a sale

sister morphine
09-26-2014, 04:22 AM
Are you for real buddy.. get a life!
Its only a game on your phone.. its suppose to be just some fun.
I laughed. :)

My2cents
09-26-2014, 05:11 AM
3rd Quarter earnings ends Sept 30.

Weasel
09-26-2014, 06:50 AM
Anyone who quits over this was playing the wrong game to start with. Sack up or pack up.

@Vlad, shut up. You don't get to dictate to Gree how they run their business.

Boss King
09-26-2014, 07:27 AM
3rd Quarter earnings ends Sept 30.

Gree, Inc. announced earnings results for fourth quarter and full year ended June 30, 2014. For the quarter, the company reported net sales amounted to JPY 26.58 billion compared to JPY 37.00 billion a year ago. Operating income was JPY 6.13 billion compared to JPY 7.79 billion a year ago. Net income was JPY 2.78 billion compared to net loss of JPY 0.31 billion a year ago. EBITDA was JPY 7.73 billion compared to JPY 9.78 billion a year ago. Ordinary income was JPY 36.06 billion compared to JPY 9.55 billion a year ago. For the full year, the company’s net income was JPY 17.35 billion, down 5.17% from a year earlier. Net sales were down 26.64% to JPY 125.60 billion, and EBITDA down 12.98% to JPY 42.00 billion. Operating income was down 13.61% to JPY 35.01 billion and ordinary income was down 17.20% to JPY 36.06 billion. For the first quarter ending September 30, 2014, the company expects net sales to be JPY 26.0 billion, operating income to be JPY 5.5 billion, ordinary income to be JPY 5.5 million and net income to be JPY 3.3 billion.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=3632:JP

:p

crime cow
09-26-2014, 07:34 AM
Anyone who quits over this was playing the wrong game to start with. Sack up or pack up.

@Vlad, shut up. You don't get to dictate to Gree how they run their business.

Really?? You think it's too much too ask that they follow the schedule that THEY publish? I'm sure this isn't the only thing that made them quit, but even if it was, why do you care? This is a game - it's supposed to be fun! Some people may not think its fun to be told one thing, but then they get something else at the last second.

Personally, I'm not upset because I don't participate in wars anymore. I'm here for the robbing and a select few other events. The only reason I even read the forum is to laugh at all the super addicts like yourself...it's time to find the way out of your basement and see if you can survive among real people again...

buzz88
09-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Gree need to be told we are not sheep.

You cant manage your business... last minute changes to see how much money can be exacted to compensate for your ineptitude.

Even a crack dealer knows his clients need to dry out once in a while.

Max Power
09-26-2014, 07:43 AM
Good god, people planning holidays around events on this stupid game. I think some people need an intervention. While there are a lot of "first world problem" threads on this forum, this whine fest may take the cake.

It's a mafia game. Mafias have to adapt, think on their feet, adjust their strategy on the fly, be crafty and adaptable, not schedule family vacations around planned events and flippin day care. After reading this garbage I want to punch nuns.

buzz88
09-26-2014, 07:43 AM
They only respect your credit card, and we all know SAS and the other top 10 are gonna use it.

That because they have absolutely no self control over their impulses... and Gree knows it.

buzz88
09-26-2014, 07:47 AM
It's a mafia game. Mafias have to adapt, think on their feet, adjust their strategy on the fly, be crafty and adaptable, not schedule family vacations around planned events and flippin day care. .

... you forgot... stand in line to eat...open the mouths wider....Japanese executives say... wife needs new Mercedes...open mouth wider....

GucciMane
09-26-2014, 07:58 AM
Good god, people planning holidays around events on this stupid game. I think some people need an intervention. While there are a lot of "first world problem" threads on this forum, this whine fest may take the cake.

It's a mafia game. Mafias have to adapt, think on their feet, adjust their strategy on the fly, be crafty and adaptable, not schedule family vacations around planned events and flippin day care. After reading this garbage I want to punch nuns.

trollololol......

B0ST0N
09-26-2014, 08:11 AM
Sales are bad this month so they had to get in a battle because the big battle was supposed to be next weekend.

Looks like EVERY WEEKEND will have either a battle or SA. Thanks gree. Less money im spending

DirtBagCronin
09-26-2014, 08:12 AM
People that are saying for the people who don't like this change to stop complaining or that they are playing the wrong game. But when a schedule it put out and a strategy game then changes the set schedule it eliminates the "strategy" part of the game in my opinion.
I have a small syndicate nothing like a top 10 or anything like that... But I usually only run level 2 or 3 walls for 24 hour wars. With the schedule having the next battle being a 3 day battle I have been building up my walls for that event. Now all that hard work that my group spent getting bricks is going to be wasted. Not like I can undo the walls I already purchased.
I'm not gonna sit here and tell GREE how to run their business but I don't agree with this move at all.

Weasel
09-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Really?? You think it's too much too ask that they follow the schedule that THEY publish?
That "schedule" is more of a guideline, and is subject to change without notice. I don't care what Gree adds to or removes from it on the fly.

I'm sure this isn't the only thing that made them quit, but even if it was, why do you care? This is a game - it's supposed to be fun! Some people may not think its fun to be told one thing, but then they get something else at the last second.
I don't care. Just pointing out that if these types of changes are upsetting for some people, they are playing the wrong game. Any game with the Gree brand on it is probably the wrong game for such individuals. As you said, a game is supposed to be fun. This game is fun, but if people are lacking enjoyment to the point that they need to vent anger over minuscule changes, they should find their fun somewhere else.

Personally, I'm not upset because I don't participate in wars anymore. I'm here for the robbing and a select few other events. The only reason I even read the forum is to laugh at all the super addicts like yourself...it's time to find the way out of your basement and see if you can survive among real people again...
TIL enjoying Crime City and not making a huge stink over a minor issue makes someone a super addict.

I addressed each point in bold.

Gree need to be told we are not f***** sheep.

You cant manage your business... last minute changes to see how much money can be exacted to compensate for your ineptitude.

Even a crack dealer knows his clients need to dry out once in a while.

When the master plan was released after the 73 hour war I was disappointed there wouldn't be a 24 hour war immediately prior to the raid boss event. Why? Because I actually like the short war with 30 minute battles! I am pleased Gree decided to not leave it out of this cycle.

Quoted for truth.

People that are saying for the people who don't like this change to stop complaining or that they are playing the wrong game. But when a schedule it put out and a strategy game then changes the set schedule it eliminates the "strategy" part of the game in my opinion.
I have a small syndicate nothing like a top 10 or anything like that... But I usually only run level 2 or 3 walls for 24 hour wars. With the schedule having the next battle being a 3 day battle I have been building up my walls for that event. Now all that hard work that my group spent getting bricks is going to be wasted. Not like I can undo the walls I already purchased.
I'm not gonna sit here and tell GREE how to run their business but I don't agree with this move at all.

This is not a strategy game. This game is supposed to be a PvP game with little strategy, and consists mainly of "tap here for x result, with a chance at sometimes y or z result." If you want to call it a strategy game though, one suggested strategy might be to not build any hideouts until you need them.

Kitty McPurr
09-26-2014, 09:00 AM
I will provide a direct comparison to another game I play and enjoy.

Clash of Clan announced that they would be doing server improvements over the next three nights starting at midnight each night. They added to their announcement that as a 'thank you' for the inconvience they are allowing you to boost your resource gains for a sale price. They gave us 24hrs notice about a server downtime and gave us a sale to make up for the downtime.

Gree decides to change an ingame calender that they published with less than 24hrs notice and are basically saying "Deal with it chumps."

Which game is providing customer loyalty? Which game should I remain loyal to? Which game should I spend my 'fun budget' on?

Evan1000
09-26-2014, 09:09 AM

Lmao! Agreed..

And whoever is complaining about this war fine, don't participate.. ensure a higher idv ranking for me with not as much gold spent ;D

Robbie187
09-26-2014, 09:22 AM
I agree war this weekend sucks, everyone else can fund gree's mission for this one.

smokey77
09-26-2014, 10:04 AM
"Deal with it chumps."

That is basically a shortened version of all replies from support ;)

Weasel
09-26-2014, 10:22 AM

Clash of Clan announced that they would be doing server improvements over the next three nights starting at midnight each night. They added to their announcement that as a 'thank you' for the inconvience they are allowing you to boost your resource gains for a sale price. They gave us 24hrs notice about a server downtime and gave us a sale to make up for the downtime.

Gree decides to change an ingame calender that they published with less than 24hrs notice and are basically saying "Deal with it chumps."

Which game is providing customer loyalty? Which game should I remain loyal to? Which game should I spend my 'fun budget' on?

This is not a direct comparison, it's a comparison of apples to oranges. Where server maintenance is concerned Gree also usually announces when they have an upcoming planned shut down. As far as in game events are concerned, a surprise special event changes nothing about how the game works and participation is optional. I doubt Gree is the only mobile game developer ever to decide to add a special event without providing enough advance notice.

Next time they should just start a 24 hour war without giving any notice.

Nero1
09-26-2014, 10:23 AM
there heard no gold october and getting people to spend before the end of september

Rodimus
09-26-2014, 10:41 AM
You guys should know by now that even though you see the schedule that it's bound to change at a moments notice. I didn't even get mad when I saw the 24 hour war change for today. C'mon, man! this is GREE we're talking about here, so...

Tadaaah
09-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Apologies, there was meant to be an announcement on this added event. There is a Battle Health sale to accompany this as well. Again, apologies for the frustration.

montecore
09-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Apologies, there was meant to be an announcement on this added event. There is a Battle Health sale to accompany this as well. Again, apologies for the frustration.

Any gold sale?

Tadaaah
09-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Any gold sale?

As stated, there will be a Battle Health sale.

J87
09-26-2014, 11:12 AM
I have a question about the Battle Health sale. Do they expire after this event or do they stay in your inventory until they're used? If I wanted to save some for the regular war, would that be possible?

Max Power
09-26-2014, 11:22 AM

There are so many comparisons that I could bring up, but they all come down to "Why are you here?"

If you go to a great restaurant and they always treat you well, and go to the restaurant down the road and they treat you like crap, do you continuously go onto the bad restaurant to complain about the food and tell them how great it is at the other restaurant? Would any normal person do that? No. They would go to the good restaurant.

So, again, what are you here? To tell Gree how great Clash of Clans is?

This game is what it is, and Gree is what it is, and everybody here knows it. Next move is up to you.

Tadaaah
09-26-2014, 12:42 PM
I have a question about the Battle Health sale. Do they expire after this event or do they stay in your inventory until they're used? If I wanted to save some for the regular war, would that be possible?

Stay in your inventory.

Vile Lynn
09-26-2014, 01:14 PM

Stay in your inventory.

This is not true!:mad:
Tadaaah, please get your facts straight before posting!

The Battle Health Sale is not something you buy. It is a refill sale: instead of a refill costing 25 gold, it costs 20 gold. There is nothing to put in your inventory.

To answer your question, J87...
You cannot buy refills at 20 gold and "save" for next war. The BH sale affects refills for this war only.
Edit: IT's TRUE! I was wrong today!
This forum needs mods who actually play the apps! :p

Weasel
09-26-2014, 01:24 PM

The Battle Health Sale is not something you buy. It is a refill sale: instead of a refill costing 25 gold, it costs 20 gold. There is nothing to put in your inventory.

You cannot buy refills at 20 gold and "save" for next war. The BH sale affects refills for this war only.

Buy a refill while at full health and see what happens to it.

Vile Lynn
09-26-2014, 01:38 PM
It goes into inventory?

You know there is a limit of 20-something... SS closed before I got to see it totally.

I have tried to buy it before and nothing happened.

Edit: Limit is 30.

Fredfreddy
09-26-2014, 02:52 PM

Actually You can in fact buy them and put them in your in inventory, and save them for the 3 day war, just like 3 weeks ago (which is what I did). I have 30 in my inventory now.

Weasel
09-26-2014, 02:54 PM
It goes into inventory?

You know there is a limit of 20-something... SS closed before I got to see it totally.

I have tried to buy it before and nothing happened.

Edit: Limit is 30.

After "nothing happened" did you check the special tab in your inventory?

Vile Lynn
09-26-2014, 02:57 PM
lol, yes... nothing happened to my gold either.

Vile Lynn
09-26-2014, 02:59 PM
OK

I STAND CORRECTED!

but we still need mods that play the game!

not these GREE smickers who love a good GREE party.

Tadaaah
09-26-2014, 03:12 PM
OK

I STAND CORRECTED!

but we still need mods that play the game!

not these GREE smickers who love a good GREE party.

I've been gaming since I was a young child. Trust, if all we wanted a good party, this is not the line of work we would've chosen. We love being part of the process and fighting for a better gaming experience. Some battles just take a little longer.

Additionally, glad to see you corrected yourself. Yes, there is a limit. We'll be sure to state that next time someone asks.

Vile Lynn
09-26-2014, 03:23 PM
cha... whateves... too little, too late to be on my good side anymore.

Dipstik
09-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Unless there were posts deleted without comment, I see nothing Violin posted that's against the rules. If whining were a bannable offense, you might as well shut the forum down and save yourself some bandwidth.

Weasel
09-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Unless there were posts deleted without comment, I see nothing Violin posted that's against the rules. If whining were a bannable offense, you might as well shut the forum down and save yourself some bandwidth.

It's not the whining that is a bannable offense, it's the hitting a mod square in the feels. That's been a bannable offense since 2011. Anyone who joined the forums in 2011 can more than likely confirm... If you can find them.

Dipstik
09-26-2014, 09:24 PM
it's the hitting a mod square in the feels.

Say what now?

Weasel
09-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Say what now?

Hurt a mod's feelings, that's a paddlin'.

cooch
09-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Yep that b it. Been that way since forum started. Most mods tolerant to a point. There was one that banned for willy nilly. She didn't last as a mod very long. Rest have been reasonable.

Hurt a mod's feelings, that's a paddlin'.

TheJess
09-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Really?? You think it's too much too ask that they follow the schedule that THEY publish? I'm sure this isn't the only thing that made them quit, but even if it was, why do you care? This is a game - it's supposed to be fun! Some people may not think its fun to be told one thing, but then they get something else at the last second.

Don't feed the troll.

Kitty McPurr
09-27-2014, 08:07 AM
There are two seperate conversations going on in this thread:

Some people like 24hr wars and were dissappointed that until recently, there was not one happening this cycle. Now they are happy there is a 24hr war. That is fine, you can like 24hr wars...in fact I like 24hr wars and wouldn't mind if every other war (in a three week cycle) was a 24hr war.

Now what I believe the OP was mainly pointing out was the "Surprise" Nature of the event. I think it is insulting to publish an event calendar, then scrap the schedule because somebody realised that quarterly earnings post before the next 3day war. Contrary to what some may think on the forum, there is actually some level of coordination that goes on during different events when dealing with 60 members of a syndicate. By endorsing this type of event ("Surprise") we will basically be asking gree to run more events without notice. It is like adding an element of chance to the schedule, "will there be an event today?, this weekend?, in an hour?, next week?" It is giving Gree one more area that they don't need to be accountable on...events already often don't run on-time, endorsing this is saying "I like your lack of accountability to your own schedule."

Bad news in my opinion.

Weasel
09-27-2014, 08:33 AM
LTBs are never on the "schedule" yet people correctly expect there to be one every cycle. The last several cycles have included a 24h war. Based on history and experience, you almost would have to be mentally challenged to not be expecting the same events to repeat each cycle. Raid boss duration was shortened from six days to five with the addition of the one-day war, and a five-day raid boss should have been a good indication the 24 hour war was accidentally left off the "schedule".

TL;DR, this war should have only been a surprise to goldfish and idiots.

crime cow
09-27-2014, 08:51 AM
When you look at the number of people upset with this lack of communication and the number of addicts that will defend gree no matter what, there are a lot more people in the anti-group. Looking at Gree's financial results I would recommend they listen to the complaints rather than the accolades...

headfaction
09-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Then don't play of you can't keep up!

Max Power
09-27-2014, 10:36 AM
When you look at the number of people upset with this lack of communication and the number of addicts that will defend gree no matter what, there are a lot more people in the anti-group. Looking at Gree's financial results I would recommend they listen to the complaints rather than the accolades...

Not sure where you are finding these "accolades".

Baltimore Bully
09-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Then don't play of you can't keep up!

AGREEd lol.

kimberleyj
09-27-2014, 09:01 PM
LTBs are never on the "schedule" yet people correctly expect there to be one every cycle. The last several cycles have included a 24h war. Based on history and experience, you almost would have to be mentally challenged to not be expecting the same events to repeat each cycle. Raid boss duration was shortened from six days to five with the addition of the one-day war, and a five-day raid boss should have been a good indication the 24 hour war was accidentally left off the "schedule".

TL;DR, this war should have only been a surprise to goldfish and idiots.

Do you work for gree?, you seem to be sucking up to them alot in this post . pvp events use to be every cycle but they stopped doing that . If it is not on the list then why would we think the was going to be a 24 hour war ?.