PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Problems with iOS 8

scottmac112
09-25-2014, 11:13 AM
I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the same problem. Both my iPhone 5 and iPad Air are having this problem where I'll be in the app less than five minutes, and when I press the button to go to an area, it tries to go but doesn't redraw the area I'm in (in other words, if I try to move to another area, I can't) and I can't even pan the map.

And now, I'm trying to play from work on my iPhone and it's frozen like 5 times in a row. This is a different freeze: the app just ceases to function.

Both devices received fresh installs of iOS 8 when it came out on launch day. No other apps are having problems (of course).

And oh, by the way: are iOS players ever going to get multitasking functionality like Android has? I think that gives Android players an unfair advantage because they don't have to go through the splash screen every time they leave the app (even for a second).

- Scott

Jcw9811
09-25-2014, 01:00 PM
I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the same problem. Both my iPhone 5 and iPad Air are having this problem where I'll be in the app less than five minutes, and when I press the button to go to an area, it tries to go but doesn't redraw the area I'm in (in other words, if I try to move to another area, I can't) and I can't even pan the map.

And now, I'm trying to play from work on my iPhone and it's frozen like 5 times in a row. This is a different freeze: the app just ceases to function.

Both devices received fresh installs of iOS 8 when it came out on launch day. No other apps are having problems (of course).

And oh, by the way: are iOS players ever going to get multitasking functionality like Android has? I think that gives Android players an unfair advantage because they don't have to go through the splash screen every time they leave the app (even for a second).

- Scott

Scott same thing happens to me sometimes, I can click on all the buttons, but can not move the screen about the map or my hood. I just close and restart the app and then it works again

Saskyboy83
09-25-2014, 01:06 PM
It's iOS 8 update that's causing problems! My wife put it on her iPad and it has caused nothing but problems! Plz if anybody sees this message, don't download it!

kimberleyj
09-25-2014, 05:33 PM
i agree this new update is a nightmare it makes your device run really slowly and makes alot of apps freeze ,what was they thinking.

Seany527
09-25-2014, 05:57 PM
Scott same thing happens to me sometimes, I can click on all the buttons, but can not move the screen about the map or my hood. I just close and restart the app and then it works again

Same thing for me! Glad Im not the only one.

Thomas Bowning
09-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Apple pulled the ios update, you should probably try to restore to the previous OS. Never run an OS update the day it is released, always wait a bit so they can work out the bugs.

Max Power
09-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Apple pulled the ios update, you should probably try to restore to the previous OS. Never run an OS update the day it is released, always wait a bit so they can work out the bugs.

They didnt pull 8.0, which was first day. They pulled the one after it.

War_lord
09-26-2014, 01:55 AM
Yeah I purchased new iPhone w/ios8 already installed and same issue occurred. Whew. Thought I was crazy

scottmac112
09-26-2014, 06:06 PM
By the way, Gree, if you even care, this is still going on. I've seen it especially after watching gold videos when going back to wherever I was when I started.

Pocos_Peros_Locos
09-26-2014, 06:15 PM
not sure bout cc freezing but groupme (the new update) has caused some issues for my apple devices on ios 8

Thatkidyouknow
09-26-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm on a 6 and no problems here.