PDA

View Full Version : What can your faction do?

SGT Rud
09-25-2014, 06:59 AM
With all these faction based events, it is greatly stressed on the importance of teamwork and a strong support core of officers within the faction. The only thing that is lacking is a better leader/officer functionality of the faction menu in game. As officers and Leader, we can only do so much from our groupme/palringo towers of power. Below I’ve made a list of options that would extend the operability of these faction positions.

Co-Leader position
While there is isn’t much that a Faction Leader can do, the things that he can do are sometimes lengthy. Upgrading walls for instance becomes a very tedious task. Having a Co-Leader position on the team can alleviate some of that duty. When removing members or secondary accounts when your faction needs the space, is sometimes difficult also when the Faction Leader isn’t online at that particular moment. Having a Co-Leader would greatly benefit the team in this instance.

While not all improvement into faction menu userability can be solved simply by a new position, there are a few other tweaks that can greatly benefit the team. Even if you don’t use the faction chat anymore and you sit in your lazyboy with Line on your lap, the faction chat is still a useful tool at your disposal as an officer/Leader. Smaller/newer teams still use the normal chat menu in-game. While you may say who cares about some 6 man team made of brand new members of level 6 and 500K stats, I can only remind you that we all started someplace on one time in our gaming career. The faction chat is flooded with who donated what, and who declared what, and some random message from SGT Rud that makes no sense just to see if anyone noticed the message there before its carried away with the billions donated. A separate window within the donation log that records who donated what at what time would be a great value to those factions still trying to manage their faction business through the chat menu. Same with the who declared what, I can only speak for my team, but once you look to see who declared the current battle, you typically never use that data again, so no need to keep a long record of it in the chat window. What you could do is move that info over to the battle screen in either WD of FL. You have the declare button. You push it. Then it says war declared. How about is it says War declared By: *****. Makes sense to me, but again, I can only speak for my team in this example. Another prime feature that needs to be incorporated is the message all function. Android kind of has this already. With their pop-up menu when you boot the game, the left column shows you faction news, normally It’s who donated what. A new feature that could be incorporated into the officer/leader ability is a special function button in the chat menu where when selected, brings up a chat window. You would type in your message, and when you hit enter, it would send that message to every member of the team. That way, whether they are in game or not, whether they are android or ios, they would have a new news icon on their screen. Could be news of them losing billions to an attacker, or it could be an officer giving orders.

Another issue that used to be a fun part of the game, which is now past for lots of teams are faction bonuses. Most of the top teams from top 75+ are maxed on bonuses, or are really close to being maxed. There are a wide assortment of bonuses that you can receive from WD or FL or other events, but only a few from the faction. Wouldn’t it be nice to see a new series of bonuses linked to factions. Energy Regen time bonus, Frontline deploy regen time bonus, stamina regen time bonus, things of this nature can greatly help factions out whether your top 10 or top 40K. The bonuses I listed above are bonuses you don’t really have and can’t really get from anywhere else. Sue the energy and stamina can be received via which nation you pick, but outside of that, they don’t exist. But, your saying to yourself, that you supplied too much cash to the faction already to get the other bonuses, or your saying you bought some hacked faction with maxed bonuses and your new bonuses wouldn’t be maxed now so you need another hacked faction. These bonuses shouldn’t need to be purchased with cash, since valor is still a scarce commodity, it really isn’t a good idea to use valor either. So then what would be the currency needed to buy these new bonuses. Something you all have been collecting already, faction points. Adjust how these points work slightly. Make them so that when an individual earns them, they become permanently attached to that faction they are in, that way if the player jumps out of faction for any reason, their points remain. Make it so that the record of that players points resets to zero, but the points themselves stay.

This concludes my rant of things that Gree will never incorporate to make things easier and better for you players since these are things you want. Now, continue on and enjoy your day. NOTHING TO SEE HERE- MOVE ALONG!!!

SGT Rud
09-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Sorry it's so long.

SGT Rud
09-25-2014, 08:02 AM
Figured it was time to bring this concept back up. These days Frontline is giving much better rewards, but the goal of FL and WD is still who can spend the most. The algorithm for competition for (in my opinion) top 150+, does not take into consideration strategy, player activeness, or team organization. Sure teams will spend money, but shouldn’t these other aspects of online gaming take a part in and during the actual battle? For many players, WD is still the ending result. Who is the best team, who will defeat who? WD is the ending result of an entire campaign. We have all fought long and hard during all these events to lead up to the massive faction vs faction assault on each other in one epic weekend. But we get there, just to find out who has the deepest pockets. I’ve seen top teams beaten up teams where only one or two people are online simply because those one or two people have 45000 bars and dumping in a single battle. Fun to Watch, well sure. But there isn’t anything more to it but the push of a button. Like the Army pushing throughout an entire country, fighting and clawing the whole way only to find out that our leader just nuked it and we didn’t even need to be there.

Below is a concept I came up some time ago. I figured it was about time to bring it up again and see what the players thought.

1. Instead of a fortification, followed by a command center. Make the command center its own entity. It could be a new map level only accessible by the attack command center button after the fortification is destroyed, but the buildings there are the faction boosts. Ie: able to take down and lower there faction bonus of ground defense. Each hit awards WD points, the final blow is 2x the first two blows. You use energy to do this. Once taken down, the defensive leader is the only one who can bring them back up, but it cannot be done during a battle. The faction base is a selection on the info page in the faction menu.
2. Once you take down the DL, you get the option to attack or PA everyone else. Give the option to travel to the opponents base and raid his buildings. Each hit is also calculated with WD points. You will use stamina to do this. You can also hit the opponent via attack through this page, however, it should be ¼ of the health hits from the main WD page. (ie, a normal health hit is average at 250 points, well a stamina hit on their base yields the same as a wall hit, 70 points.
3. Swap over to where the defensive leader can also purchase fortifications. Should also be his job. Giving the DL an actual responsibility other than a target for 2x Pas in WD.
4. Change the way you win lose fights, if you win. If you win the battle, you get an extra 1000 WD points. This should encourage everyone to try as hard as they can to win each battle. These points would be for each battle to include battles when prizes are awarded for streaks. 64-ish battles in WD, 64K points available, might not mean much in the top ranks, but it would help A LOT in the lower ranks.

With the newly created WD, it puts forth all your resources, not just your health. It would now also be using stamina to attack players, and energy to raid a faction base to allow your team more targets.

destroyer ita
09-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Nice ideas buddy

narsly
09-25-2014, 08:48 AM
I love ALL of the ideas SGT Rud!! Bravo!!

The_Jedi
09-25-2014, 09:13 AM
1. Instead of a fortification, followed by a command center. Make the command center its own entity. It could be a new map level only accessible by the attack command center button after the fortification is destroyed, but the buildings there are the faction boosts. Ie: able to take down and lower there faction bonus of ground defense. Each hit awards WD points, the final blow is 2x the first two blows. You use energy to do this. Once taken down, the defensive leader is the only one who can bring them back up, but it cannot be done during a battle. The faction base is a selection on the info page in the faction menu.

Interesting thought, but then you are roping yourself into relying on the DL only to update this? What if the DL isn't online (ie, when they sleep). Wouldn't this be better served by also allowing the Leader/Co-Leader do this function, as it most likely would fall on them to set up the "faction base"?

Tadaaah
09-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the awesome suggestions and feedback!

lemonhaze
09-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Figured it was time to bring this concept back up. These days Frontline is giving much better rewards, but the goal of FL and WD is still who can spend the most. The algorithm for competition for (in my opinion) top 150+, does not take into consideration strategy, player activeness, or team organization. Sure teams will spend money, but shouldn’t these other aspects of online gaming take a part in and during the actual battle? For many players, WD is still the ending result. Who is the best team, who will defeat who? WD is the ending result of an entire campaign. We have all fought long and hard during all these events to lead up to the massive faction vs faction assault on each other in one epic weekend. But we get there, just to find out who has the deepest pockets. I’ve seen top teams beaten up teams where only one or two people are online simply because those one or two people have 45000 bars and dumping in a single battle. Fun to Watch, well sure. But there isn’t anything more to it but the push of a button. Like the Army pushing throughout an entire country, fighting and clawing the whole way only to find out that our leader just nuked it and we didn’t even need to be there.

Below is a concept I came up some time ago. I figured it was about time to bring it up again and see what the players thought.

2. Once you take down the DL, you get the option to attack or PA everyone else. Give the option to travel to the opponents base and raid his buildings. Each hit is also calculated with WD points. You will use stamina to do this. You can also hit the opponent via attack through this page, however, it should be ¼ of the health hits from the main WD page. (ie, a normal health hit is average at 250 points, well a stamina hit on their base yields the same as a wall hit, 70 points.
3. Swap over to where the defensive leader can also purchase fortifications. Should also be his job. Giving the DL an actual responsibility other than a target for 2x Pas in WD.
4. Change the way you win lose fights, if you win. If you win the battle, you get an extra 1000 WD points. This should encourage everyone to try as hard as they can to win each battle. These points would be for each battle to include battles when prizes are awarded for streaks. 64-ish battles in WD, 64K points available, might not mean much in the top ranks, but it would help A LOT in the lower ranks.

With the newly created WD, it puts forth all your resources, not just your health. It would now also be using stamina to attack players, and energy to raid a faction base to allow your team more targets.

With all these faction based events, it is greatly stressed on the importance of teamwork and a strong support core of officers within the faction. The only thing that is lacking is a better leader/officer functionality of the faction menu in game. As officers and Leader, we can only do so much from our groupme/palringo towers of power. Below I’ve made a list of options that would extend the operability of these faction positions.

Co-Leader position
While there is isn’t much that a Faction Leader can do, the things that he can do are sometimes lengthy. Upgrading walls for instance becomes a very tedious task. Having a Co-Leader position on the team can alleviate some of that duty. When removing members or secondary accounts when your faction needs the space, is sometimes difficult also when the Faction Leader isn’t online at that particular moment. Having a Co-Leader would greatly benefit the team in this instance.

While not all improvement into faction menu userability can be solved simply by a new position, there are a few other tweaks that can greatly benefit the team. Even if you don’t use the faction chat anymore and you sit in your lazyboy with Line on your lap, the faction chat is still a useful tool at your disposal as an officer/Leader. Smaller/newer teams still use the normal chat menu in-game. While you may say who cares about some 6 man team made of brand new members of level 6 and 500K stats, I can only remind you that we all started someplace on one time in our gaming career. The faction chat is flooded with who donated what, and who declared what, and some random message from SGT Rud that makes no sense just to see if anyone noticed the message there before its carried away with the billions donated. A separate window within the donation log that records who donated what at what time would be a great value to those factions still trying to manage their faction business through the chat menu. Same with the who declared what, I can only speak for my team, but once you look to see who declared the current battle, you typically never use that data again, so no need to keep a long record of it in the chat window. What you could do is move that info over to the battle screen in either WD of FL. You have the declare button. You push it. Then it says war declared. How about is it says War declared By: *****. Makes sense to me, but again, I can only speak for my team in this example. Another prime feature that needs to be incorporated is the message all function. Android kind of has this already. With their pop-up menu when you boot the game, the left column shows you faction news, normally It’s who donated what. A new feature that could be incorporated into the officer/leader ability is a special function button in the chat menu where when selected, brings up a chat window. You would type in your message, and when you hit enter, it would send that message to every member of the team. That way, whether they are in game or not, whether they are android or ios, they would have a new news icon on their screen. Could be news of them losing billions to an attacker, or it could be an officer giving orders.

Another issue that used to be a fun part of the game, which is now past for lots of teams are faction bonuses. Most of the top teams from top 75+ are maxed on bonuses, or are really close to being maxed. There are a wide assortment of bonuses that you can receive from WD or FL or other events, but only a few from the faction. Wouldn’t it be nice to see a new series of bonuses linked to factions. Energy Regen time bonus, Frontline deploy regen time bonus, stamina regen time bonus, things of this nature can greatly help factions out whether your top 10 or top 40K. The bonuses I listed above are bonuses you don’t really have and can’t really get from anywhere else. Sue the energy and stamina can be received via which nation you pick, but outside of that, they don’t exist. But, your saying to yourself, that you supplied too much cash to the faction already to get the other bonuses, or your saying you bought some hacked faction with maxed bonuses and your new bonuses wouldn’t be maxed now so you need another hacked faction. These bonuses shouldn’t need to be purchased with cash, since valor is still a scarce commodity, it really isn’t a good idea to use valor either. So then what would be the currency needed to buy these new bonuses. Something you all have been collecting already, faction points. Adjust how these points work slightly. Make them so that when an individual earns them, they become permanently attached to that faction they are in, that way if the player jumps out of faction for any reason, their points remain. Make it so that the record of that players points resets to zero, but the points themselves stay.

This concludes my rant of things that Gree will never incorporate to make things easier and better for you players since these are things you want. Now, continue on and enjoy your day. NOTHING TO SEE HERE- MOVE ALONG!!!
great input only problem i see with this is that it makes sence to us as players which we all know that making sence dont apply to gree..like haveing a sports car on our inventorys in a war game lol i dont think i seen many ferrari's crusing thur iraq and afghanistan

SGT Rud
09-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Interesting thought, but then you are roping yourself into relying on the DL only to update this? What if the DL isn't online (ie, when they sleep). Wouldn't this be better served by also allowing the Leader/Co-Leader do this function, as it most likely would fall on them to set up the "faction base"?
Yes. The leader and co-leader would also be able to do these. The buildings on the faction base would be more like a map. They wouldn't get moved around.

cdun13
09-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Good ideas bro. I hope they take them into consideration. Wd is of course the best but there is only about 10-15 people I can't hit so not so hard. Change it up some gree. I like the reward points for winning battles and streaks. Will definately generate more revenue. Bring the game back to life gree.

WBS
09-26-2014, 02:33 PM
I have a faction of 54. I like most of those ideas, I would really love to see a way to more easily build fortifications for walls instead of tapping 2 million times. I like the Co-leader idea also. I have about 40 players on my team whom I could give leadership to and still not have a blip in performance and I know I would get it back. Almost everyone in my faction is an officer unless they are new, they need to prove themselves in 2 faction events as highly active. If they get out of line they are demoted and then kicked if necessary. I use officer status more as a way to warn teammates of when they are slacking. We also do not use an outside chat group as many of us find it annoying to go to an outside app to chat and then back into the game. it has worked well for us as we finish top 350 in war and top 250 in Frontline. We are light gold users so I know that the only thing holding us back from ranking further is gold in which I do not require.

Adm. J(K96)
09-27-2014, 02:01 AM
Thanks for all the awesome suggestions and feedback! I will pass this along to our development team and you can expect to see nothing of the sort implemented. However I'm sure they will come up with something that resembles this, but completely bastardizes your great ideas into something the entire community will hate.
I think that's what you meant to say.

swaggerfagger
09-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Brilliant suggestions, albeit quite a long read.

TheBFO
09-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks for all the awesome suggestions and feedback!

Too bad you won't actually do anything with these awesome suggestions. 10$ says you didn't even read the whole thing.

TheBFO
09-27-2014, 06:58 PM
I think that's what you meant to say.

Win x10000000

vball
09-28-2014, 09:35 PM
As always my friend, a well thought out and articulated post.

I hope Gree actually listens to it.